Is this site safe?

Icemoore

The site is secure, but it does the obvious things a lot of other sites in internet do too, it hooks in with cookies, advertising banners and maybe even tracking stuff. Those stuff is usualy harmless, but annoying. It's maybe malware but not something I would call a virus.

I do not browse the internet for almost 3 years now without Adblock Plus and DiconnectMe. It helps a lot and speeds up site build up for viewing. In addition I use several malware tools frequently.

Guest Omega1084

I've only gotten cure-able STD's from this site so no worries 

I know this is old my OCD won't forgive.

The correct terminology is ITD.

Internetly Transmitted Disease.

So excuse you.

dont click the ads

I don't completely agree.

The ads to http://pururin.com/ are safe.

I really love that site.

The rest, I don't know about.

Some of the most common ITDs are:

Byterial Vaginosis

A disease that converts bytes to bits, truncating the ends, similar to Vagina Dentata.

Claimydia

A particularly virulent disease. In its later stages, it can result in stripping the content out of someone's mods and reposting it as your own, without credit to the original author.

Goneornotherea

Also known as AFK, this mild disease results in long-term absence from a computer.

HIV

HIV, or Halted-Internet-Velocity, is a disease that generally stems from DoS or DDoS attacks, and can prove quite irritating.

Trickomaniasis

Most often transmitted from typing at dirty keyboards, this disease usually goes overlooked for long periods of time, and is characterized by individuals claiming to be a gender they are not.

Syphostilis

Often colloquially called "firstpostitis" wherein an individual claims some apparent measure of superiority by providing the first response to a topic.

Hipatitis

Usual symptoms include posts made by an individual attempting to be "hip" or possibly "cool," generally by posting vaguely humorous bits of text, usually relying on word play, in an attempt to garner temporary attention and "LOLs" from passers-by.

Doctors usually prescribe a swift kick to the gonads. If gonads are not present, surgery can provide prosthetic ones for the kicking.

CC, that was brilliant.

Don't forget Assturder's Disease, colloquially known as trolling. Victims suffer from a desire to make everyone they come in contact with despise them by taking up contrary sides to issues simply for the sake of riling everyone up.

No, this site is not safe, there are mad people here but if you are mad enough, then welcome !  :D

Actually I think a lot of people here are crazier than me but I like being around these forums, because the frontier between craziness and genius is really thin and the more I'm reading posts and watching pics around here, the more this frontier seems thin !

I've found a great community here, a lot of helping people, a lot of awesome adult mods and a lot of things to learn about modding.

I love you all, crazy geniuses !  :wub:

If you need to ask if it´s safe using a laptop, your already in danger being on the internet.

Your question won´t help a bit if your afraid d l on this forum asking if it´s safe.

Knowledge safe you not questions like yours.

So educate yourself how to be safe, which is btw an illusion, you never be safe your doomed already :D

I've gotten some savegame cancers from time to time through implementation of semi-compatible WIP/alpha/beta mods in an effort to feed my perversions.  Often there is no recovery from the cancer and you have to euthanize the savegame and move on. Papyrus can be a harsh mistress sometimes.

Speaking of antivirus, the best free AV product on the market is Avira...though AVG and BitDefender are highly effective as well. Avira does nag a bit about paying for Pro upgrade, but at the moment appears to have the best detection rate of any other AV product (AVG close 2nd, though has more false positives).  Initial detection is what prevents infection.  If you're not using one of the 3 I just mentioned, get one of them ASAP.  From what I remember, BitDefender is even more naggy than Avira, and AVG uses deceptive marketing in an attempt to get you using the commercial version, but I can't fault them for wanting to make a buck.  They do a good job.

I use Firefox + Adblock Plus + Noscript to browse.  Noscript takes some dedication and patience to use longterm, but you can be confident in that your first visit to a new website will be nearly bulletproof, especially if you get an unexpected driveby redirect.

If you desire to play with suspicious files in the safest way possible, use Sandboxie.  Run your browser from within Sandboxie and you're even safe enough to visit questionable websites using Internet Explorer!  Not saying the sandbox won't become infected, but it will prevent the entire computer from becoming infected.  Just delete the contents of the sandbox if it is compromised.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived