Is this site safe?

Icemoore

Despite my lurker post count, i've been using this site for nearly three years and have never had a problem. 

That's how they get you.

First thing, you start downloading mods.

Then you post a simple "hello" somewhere, or maybe ask a question.

Next thing you know, you're posting on the Big Board of Fun.

It's a downward spiral from there... it starts with Pun=D, then you'll put a picture up on "show more of yourself." You'll start engaging in discussions with other users or modders, posting bug reports and being a beta tester. Next thing you know, you have over a thousand posts and no idea how it happened.

Sooner or later you'll be releasing your own mods... and after that, there's no going back.

You'll wake up one day after a night of constantly hitting refresh... bloodshot eyes, fingertips bleeding from constant mouse clicking, and there's a strange note taped to the side of your computer that only says "check for updates."

Is this site safe? No.

Don't listen to those people who tell you its okay, you can stop whenever you want...

This is a gateway site.

Despite my lurker post count, i've been using this site for nearly three years and have never had a problem. 

That's how they get you.

It's a downward spiral from there... it starts with Pun=D, then you'll put a picture up on "show more of yourself." You'll start engaging in discussions with other users or modders, posting bug reports and being a beta tester. Next thing you know, you have over a thousand posts and no idea how it happened.

Sooner or later you'll be releasing your own mods... and after that, there's no going back.

You'll wake up one day after a night of constantly hitting refresh... bloodshot eyes, fingertips bleeding from constant mouse clicking, and there's a strange note taped to the side of your computer that only says "check for updates."

Is this site safe? No.

Don't listen to those people who tell you its okay, you can stop whenever you want...

This is a gateway site.

and this is gateway mentioned above

tumblr_lslv2knLHR1qkzsdf.gif

That's how they get you.

Is this site safe? No.

This is a gateway site.

that whole drug reference without the drugs, awesome.

AdBlock PRO - Plus, blocks site ads.

Means LL is safe. Get it or not, your choice.

I would say throw in no-script as well.

This site is safer than most on the internet but nothing on the internet is perfectly safe. So you need to take precautions, think of it like having sex. If you smart you use protection, if you don't then you have no one to blame but yourself. :)

That's how they get you.

Is this site safe? No.

This is a gateway site.

and this is gateway mentioned above

tumblr_lslv2knLHR1qkzsdf.gif

I always assumed the gate way for this site looked like a vagina. :)

That's how they get you.

Is this site safe? No.

This is a gateway site.

Hell ... you've found out!

• 3 months later...

First, site is safe.  You'd be fortunate to find another site anywhere on the net featuring naked girls that is equally safe.

Second, don't click ads.  Ever.  I run adblock plus myself, but even if you don't, just don't click ads.  Good policy in general.  If it's something you want, type in the address manually.  If you want to patronize the site running the ads, find another way.  Honestly, most ad revenue isn't from clicks, it's from simply displaying them.  Lastly, if you absolutely must open the ad's link directly, right click it and "copy link" or such.  Then open a new window/tab and enable every anti-scripting thing you have (I use noscript for this, but I keep noscript disabled and just enable it for specific things, because I've been carefully surfing for so long) and paste the link there.

Third, can people PLEASE quit recommending Malwarebytes software?  Spybot Search & Destroy is better.  Detects more, doesn't run in the background, cost is free (but use the old 1.6.x branch of Spybot.  The current definitions work fine with the 1.6.x version, but with less bloat).  And also MUCH easier for me to deal with when I have to end up fixing other people's computers (I do tech support for probably 40+ friends).  I swear I hate anyone who makes an anti-virus/malware/whatever product that has more fluff than the malware it's supposed to get rid of.  Spybot S&D is clean, simple, and works.  And for Anti-Virus, Clamwin.  It's just like Spybot but for viruses.  I run both + Adblock Plus, with Clamwin and Spybot running on a schedule every 3 days at 6AM.  I haven't caught anything at all in 6 years, and even then, it was a tiny piece of adware I manually removed in 5 minutes.

But seriously people buying AV that eats 5% of your RAM 24/7 to protect against something you'll probably never get anyway annoy me to death.

• 1 month later...

That's how they get you.

Is this site safe? No.

This is a gateway site.

And before you know it you have a stalker :ph34r:

I don't know if I should use the word 'inspired' anymore, it has become 'enabled' the longer I hang around here...

"This site has 'inspired' me to start writing again..." and "This new mod has 'inspired' me to make a Futa BBW who drains partners of their life... but I got beaten, raped and enslaved by Falmer and now I'm suffering skooma withdrawal while getting chain raped by Charus..."

You know, the obvious stuff.

And before you know it you have a stalker :ph34r:

I don't know if I should use the word 'inspired' anymore, it has become 'enabled' the longer I hang around here...

"This site has 'inspired' me to start writing again..." and "This new mod has 'inspired' me to make a Futa BBW who drains partners of their life... but I got beaten, raped and enslaved by Falmer and now I'm suffering skooma withdrawal while getting chain raped by Charus..."

You know, the obvious stuff.

So... a fairly normal, standard day in Skyrim. ;)

I can say that this site has "inspired" me to spend many happy hours staring at my computer screen.

And that it has "inspired" me to waste manyunhappy hours playing around with the CK.

I can say that this site has "inspired" me to spend many happy hours staring at my computer screen.

And that it has "inspired" me to waste manyunhappy hours playing around with the CK.

"many happy hours shouting at my screen because of the CK."

There, fixed it for ya xD

"many happy hours shouting at my screen because of the CK."

There, fixed it for ya xD

Ah, but did you notice the space between "many" and "happy?" It's not a space at all.  :P

Recently(Today and yesterday) since i have been on this site, i've been getting malware block warnings from avast. Anyone else?

Greetings.

i use only one computer to access the web ( for a security reason) but with 2 operating systems .

The first only protected by Microsoft and the second By Kasperky ... i'm here since +/- 15 months witout any problem.

Well but i don't click "anywhere "  i think the site is quiet sure but for the links you can found in a lot of comments , i don't know ...

Now i was a helperess at Micosoft TechNet and sometimes at the Kaspersky labs forum ( french section ) .

If you think it's a false alert , you can submit this one to rhe Avast technical center ...

I already did it at Kaspersky Labs for a false alert generated at " FlyFF" ( that's why my " name"  here is AnnaFly and not Loukiana as always ) ... i submit the file to Kapersky Labs , and in only one day , all the Kaspersky servers have been updated ( once again thanks to Damien from Kaspersky Labs France for his help in this case ...) .

So i'm quiet sure you can do the same thing with your avast.

Cheers.

Evidemment , comme toujours sur le web il faut sortir " couvert " !

Le meilleur antivirus qui soit c'est avant tout vous ...

The site itself is pretty safe, but occasionally an ad banner from an infected site shows up, which may also contain some malicious code. In fact, I myself once got infected from an ad on LL, fortunately it was easy to remove. The warnings you get from your antivirus might be related to that kind of thing.

There's actually a recent thread about a similar issue on the tech support section, see if the warning you get is the same as the one in the thread below.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45156-possible-malicious-redirect-on-ll/

Archived