Attempting the possible - Sexout for Fallout 3

vpig

ok... i just thought because AP already has the animations for many different sex poses and is only missing plugins for having NPCs rape you in combat or to have NPCs having sex when they belong to the same faction...

but honestly i'm not as much of a modder. ican barely make textures and interchange mesh parts between different .nif files...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading this thread and I must say, I am extremely looking forward to this mod being playable. NV has gone crashtastic for me even just vanilla, and any mods at all I can't leave Docs house. So I've been relegated to FO3 for my post apocalyptic fix and I've been desperately missing wasteland nooky. If you need a beta tester let me know, I'd be happy to help out.

And just so you know, as much as I'd love to help with fixes I couldn't mod my way out of a wet paper bag. I am strictly a player. Sorry.

just a few days ago, i had to fix a bug where a NPC in the RR-companion-vault glitched through a glasswall into a mirelurk aquarium. i had to use "toggleclipping" to get through the wall, then select the NPC and write down his ref-ID "08000ea9", then get back to the other side of the glasswall into the vault and "08000ea9 movetoplayer" or something like that. i even had to look up all the commands in the fallout-wiki.

i absolutely can understand when people decide not to mod, because they are freaked out by scripting.

I've been reading this thread and I must say' date=' I am extremely looking forward to this mod being playable. NV has gone crashtastic for me even just vanilla, and any mods at all I can't leave Docs house..

[/quote']

I think you should do a steam verify if things have gotten that bad for you in a new game (and I think you should also make sure you defragment your hard drive, if you are using windows XP).

Guest Donkey

I have this too. But that is why i am warry of updating within fallout newveags. Not sure why first time install always goes correctly. deactiving and installing new updates seem to screw up my game. So i try to postpose updating when newer version of sexout comes out.

I think there is something with fomm that hates my system. Also fomm seem to crash allot too when adding new package from a mod.

Right now i unsinstalled new vegas. and waiting on reinstalling it again. and play more with skyrim.

I had an old dell that ran NV just fine. I had to go minimum settings, but it ran. I had over 100 mods, all sorts of tweaks, and minimal problems. I got a big tax return this year and spent it on my dream gaming rig. Overclocked i7, 8 gb ram, NVIDIA graphics card, the works. Since getting the better rig everything runs beautifully...until I try to open Docs door. If I have even one basic mod running, CTD. And something big like one of the overhauls or sexout? Fuggedaboutit. So Im stuck playing FO3 til I can figure out why NV hates my new computer.

• 2 weeks later...

if possible is there going to be an pregnacy mod to go with this mod

im a big fan of the pregnacy mod but it dosent work for me right in new vegas. cant seem to get the sex act that let you caracter get pregnant to work but all in all I think your the greatest for even attempting and succeseeding this I was hoping someone would do it aventualy,cant wait to download all the mode

if possible is there going to be an pregnacy mod to go with this mod

im a big fan of the pregnacy mod but it dosent work for me right in new vegas. cant seem to get the sex act that let you caracter get pregnant to work but all in all I think your the greatest for even attempting and succeseeding this I was hoping someone would do it aventualy' date='cant wait to download all the mode[/quote']

I'm not planning to port it as I've finished F)3 ages ago, but anyone is welcome to port it to it, I'm waiting on FO4 for my next pregnancy project unless I get pulled into Skyrim, my new version I'm working on now might port easier too, not sure yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was bored of Skyrim and NV, so I just started a new FO3 game, and for the hell of it, I began to port the sexout.esm. For the most part is relatively straightforward, but there are a few gotchas:

1 - FOSE has no support for con_tfc, and without launching tfc, I could not get the animations to work correctly. I added con_tfc to my version of FOSE, but adding it via plugin is probably more portable.

2 - The scripts that check for breeze bodies uses buildRef, and it is not in FOSE. I removed that check for now. I can probably add buildRef if I need to.

3 - Some scripts (SexoutNGAnimPositionSCRIPTV2 and SexoutNGSanitizeScriptNX) require a NVSE plugin to provide NX_GetEVFl and NX_IsInList. There are versions of those scripts in the esm that do not use those functions and I updated the esm to use those. Probably better to create a fose plugin for those functions. If the source of the nvse plugin is available, it may not be hard to do.

4 - The script that checks the load order had to be updated to look for the FO3 dlcs and not look for other sexout esms (legion, slaver, etc.)

5 - The FO3 GECK burps warnings when working with the idle animations. It doesn't like the NiTextKeyExtraData tag combinations. The animations are fine, it is the GECK that is 'confused'. The warnings can be ignored.

The animations work fine in game, although actors lose a lot of health when knocked out, but that is probably FWE, haven't had time to troubleshoot that.

I guess if I can get a working fose plugin, I could upload the esm. Without the fose support, the esm is useless, though.

I was bored of Skyrim and NV' date=' so I just started a new FO3 game, and for the hell of it, I began to port the sexout.esm. For the most part is relatively straightforward, but there are a few gotchas:

1 - FOSE has no support for con_tfc, and without launching tfc, I could not get the animations to work correctly. I added con_tfc to my version of FOSE, but adding it via plugin is probably more portable.

2 - The scripts that check for breeze bodies uses buildRef, and it is not in FOSE. I removed that check for now. I can probably add buildRef if I need to.

3 - Some scripts (SexoutNGAnimPositionSCRIPTV2 and SexoutNGSanitizeScriptNX) require a NVSE plugin to provide NX_GetEVFl and NX_IsInList. There are versions of those scripts in the esm that do not use those functions and I updated the esm to use those. Probably better to create a fose plugin for those functions. If the source of the nvse plugin is available, it may not be hard to do.

4 - The script that checks the load order had to be updated to look for the FO3 dlcs and not look for other sexout esms (legion, slaver, etc.)

5 - The FO3 GECK burps warnings when working with the idle animations. It doesn't like the NiTextKeyExtraData tag combinations. The animations are fine, it is the GECK that is 'confused'. The warnings can be ignored.

The animations work fine in game, although actors lose a lot of health when knocked out, but that is probably FWE, haven't had time to troubleshoot that.

I guess if I can get a working fose plugin, I could upload the esm. Without the fose support, the esm is useless, though.

[/quote']

I would really like to see what you come up with. I go back to F3 and F3NV periodically because of new content like this - I've never uninstalled it!

Cheers for your work!

Why would you want sexout for FO3 if you can thoroughly and flawlessly play it in the FO:NV engine with a certain mod/correct configuration? I mean, you'd basically have combat rape, random NPCs demanding sex and stalking, but it's probably more than anything worth/possible to convert.

Why would you want sexout for FO3 if you can thoroughly and flawlessly play it in the FO:NV engine with a certain mod/correct configuration? I mean' date=' you'd basically have combat rape, random NPCs demanding sex and stalking, but it's probably more than anything worth/possible to convert.

[/quote']

Because as hard as it is to believe, some people actually prefer FO3. For those of u that are oddballs like that, we'd prefer a conversion to FO3 rather than one of the files that merge both fallouts.

Because as hard as it is to believe' date=' some people actually prefer FO3. For those of u that are oddballs like that, we'd prefer a conversion to FO3 rather than one of the files that merge both fallouts.

[/quote']

My point remain uncontested since my question was inadequately answered.

The motives to play FO3 "in" FO:NV using Sexout for FO:NV overweighs the motives for trying to convert that mod into a game that is way inferior if not played through its successor.

But of course, not everyone owns both games; that's understandable. I just wanted to let the community know that they could alternatively play FO3 with Sexout for FO:NV by merging the games -- one character in 2 great adventures simultaneously.

Anyways, there's a functional sex mod with combat rape for FO3 called "Sexus". Although some hot-headed users around these forums might argue it is buggy and overall inferior to Sexout and that they still want very much Sexout for FO3, it's worth mentioning that mod which, by the way, worked just fine here when I used to play FO3 years ago.

Why would you want sexout for FO3 if you can thoroughly and flawlessly play it in the FO:NV engine with a certain mod/correct configuration? I mean' date=' you'd basically have combat rape, random NPCs demanding sex and stalking, but it's probably more than anything worth/possible to convert.

[/quote']

its because i am not such a fortunate son and have to pay bills so they dont kick me out of my flat, so i cant afford buying the newest games whenever a new one gets released. also i dont blindly follow every hype.

The motives to play FO3 "in" FO:NV using Sexout for FO:NV overweighs the motives for trying to convert that mod into a game that is way inferior if not played through its successor.

How does one play FO3 in FO:NV? I want it...please...and I haven't been able to find it.

How does one play FO3 in FO:NV? I want it...please...and I haven't been able to find it.

One of the mods that does that is A Requiem for the Capital Wasteland, but apparently its author has set the file to "hidden" in Nexus.

There might be other mods that do the same thing, though. I'm not sure but I think I saw a thread on this site about a mod similar to RFCW.

For the record (for those asking), Requium still requires you to own both games. It doesn't just add FO3 to FONV without you having to buy FO3 first.

My point remain uncontested since my question was inadequately answered.

Not exactly. I for one have both games, have never tried Requiem, and have no interest in trying it. If I want to play FO3, I'll play FO3. If I wanted FO3 with sex my only course of action would be to do as this mod has been attempting to do -- convert sexout to FO3.

Anyways, there's a functional sex mod with combat rape for FO3 called "Sexus". Although some hot-headed users around these forums might argue it is buggy and overall inferior to Sexout and that they still want very much Sexout for FO3, it's worth mentioning that mod which, by the way, worked just fine here when I used to play FO3 years ago.

What makes them "hot headed?" It *is* buggier than sexout and inferior in pretty much every technical way as well. Just a fact, doesn't seem "hot headed" to me.

For the record (for those asking)' date=' Requium still requires you to own both games. It doesn't just add FO3 to FONV without you having to buy FO3 first.

[/quote']

I never claimed Requiem doesn't require FO3. Actually, I think it's pretty obvious that it does.

If I wanted FO3 with sex my only course of action would be to do as this mod has been attempting to do -- convert sexout to FO3.

Are you sure that's your "only course of action"? Are you not sure that you can have most sexout features in FO3 by merging that game with NV? Wouldn't it be wiser to have both games running the same mod that adds sexual content?

You don't seem to be aware of the fact that there's no reason to convert a mod to a game that can literally be played "inside" the other game this mod has been made for; why build 2 stables for 2 horses if you can put 'em all inside one?

What makes them "hot headed?"

That was more of a tacit reference to Kainschilde209's apparent temper in post #99. Something's gotten him upset' date=' or so it seems...

It *is* buggier than sexout and inferior in pretty much every technical way as well. Just a fact, doesn't seem "hot headed" to me.

Indeed it is. Even I admit that. I just thought I should mention another sex mod for FO3 since some people(like Kainschilde209) wouldn't take my advice and have sexout working on FO3 by playing it "inside" NV.

For the record (for those asking)' date=' Requium still requires you to own both games. It doesn't just add FO3 to FONV without you having to buy FO3 first.

[/quote']

I never claimed Requiem doesn't require FO3. Actually, I think it's pretty obvious that it does.

Likewise I didn't claim you did, and that wasn't directed at you. It was for anyone who is looking for that mod after just hearing about it, thinking they can get FO3 "for free."

Wouldn't it be wiser to have both games running the same mod that adds sexual content?

Wiser? No. To properly support Requiem, I'd have to make it a requirement for sexout in order to get all the creature lists and so on in place. Sexout for FONV will never properly support creatures (actual creatures, also non-human humanoids like ghouls, supermutants, etc.) from FO3 via requiem without this, or a sexout-requium-patch which amounts to the same thing, and this is just one example. Sexout mods that look for companions are another.

Sexout for FO3 would have none of these problems.

You don't seem to be aware of the fact that there's no reason to convert a mod to a game that can literally be played "inside" the other game this mod has been made for; why build 2 stables for 2 horses if you can put 'em all inside one?

I'm fully aware. You seem unaware of the difficulties supporting it would pose, compared to making standalone FO3 versions. Not only is a standalone version better able to support details of FO3, a standalone version also gains benefits like being able to use FOSE commands not yet implemented in NVSE, and so on.

What makes them "hot headed?"

That was more of a tacit reference to Kainschilde209's apparent temper in post #99. Something's gotten him upset' date=' or so it seems...

[/quote']

Maybe he's upset, but your attitude isn't helping. Suggesting I am "unaware" of what Requium does (and *exactly* how it does it) is mildly insulting. Saying there is "no reason" to do a native FO3 version is arrogant (as well as ignorant).

Indeed it is. Even I admit that. I just thought I should mention another sex mod for FO3 since some people(like Kainschilde209) wouldn't take my advice and have sexout working on FO3 by playing it "inside" NV.

He and others, myself included, have our own reasons for that. I own both games, and I'm the author of sexoutNG for crying out loud. I know it better than anyone. *I* think it's a better idea for a native sexout version for FO3 than to try to support it properly in Requiem. That should tell you something.

Archived