Attempting the possible - Sexout for Fallout 3

vpig

The standalone geck powerup for FONV allows direct ESM editing' date=' but I haven't tried it yet. The NVSE version doesn't add that feature, and since it's working perfectly for me otherwise, I'm not going to mess with it. I don't know if the FO3 version of PowerUp adds that feature or not.

If it doesn't then you have to leave it as an esp when working on it. My normal work pattern is this:

1. Hack on Sexout.esp in the GECK until it's time to test.

2. Save Sexout.esp, leave geck running (minimized).

3. Test manually in game with sexout.esp and no sexout mods.

4. If tests fail, go to step 1.

5. Copy sexout.esp to sexout.esm.

6. Fire up FNVEdit and change sexout.esm to an actual esm.

7. Test again in game, this time with sexout mods running.

8. If tests fail, go to step 1.

9. Release! (well mark as done in NG thread, post #2. Release after doing this a few times for different features / fixes.)

[/quote']

The NVSE version does offer direct edit of ESM. Why did you think otherwize ?

Last time I tried it mine didn't. Version I downloaded from the nvse site hasn't been updated. Was it forked and a newer version put somewhere else?

The beta does (geck-powerup-nv-0-1-7-1-beta-2-20111208), just like for the standalone version.

Last time I tried it mine didn't. Version I downloaded from the nvse site hasn't been updated. Was it forked and a newer version put somewhere else?

The beta does (geck-powerup-nv-0-1-7-1-beta-2-20111208)' date=' just like for the standalone version.

[/quote']

Ahhh ok. This bethesda crap feels beta enough as it is, I'll stick with 1.6 for now, but others will appreciate I'm sure. :)

Well, it's working, to a point.:) I haven't done any console commands, but the Y and U keys work. My character begins the animation, but keeps standing up and then resuming the animation. Using the vibrator, she just stands there, but the world shakes and there's an occasional moan.:)

After the animation finishes, my character cannot move. I can pivot, use the "F" key, but can't walk or use the Pipboy. The Y and U keys still work though.

Any ideas about what may be causing this behavior?

I can't adjust any settings because I don't have the MCM and it appears the old menu has been removed (I can see why).

Thanks again.

Masty animation works now. Sound, cumsplash, unconscious, unrestrained. Still standing up periodically during animation.

Will try testing some animations in console now.

Not looking impossible anymore.

Is it possible to rename this thread to something less dramatic? "SexoutNG for FO3" maybe?

Thanks again.

I've never doubted it's possible. Only reason it hasn't existed until you took it up is people who could do it weren't interested and people who were interested didn't know how to do it.

My only question is' date=' what kind of plugins are going to go with it? Fallout 3 doesn't have as many story hooks and far fewer characters than NV. Only intriguing ideas I can think of involve Vault 87 mutants and Paradise Falls.

[/quote']

Yeah, my knowledge of NVSE and FOSE are too limited for me to know whether it could or couldn't be done. I had seen references that indicated that NVSE allowed NV modders to do things FOSE modders couldn't.

I've already got SexoutSex partially working. NPC follow option works but animations won't fire yet. But I think I know what needs to be done there.

Getting MCM to work in FO3 would be a logical step too, I think. That and Sexout Common Resources.

I hope to get Rapers working too. The problem there is with the "Birds" used to guide the raper to the target. Not really possible in Fallout, I don't think.

Yes, Paradise Falls could be a hook for a slave plugin. I'm not familiar enough with SS and Legion to know exactly how they might work.

There are some great FO3 mods that align well with Sexout. The Chrysalis Bar Mod and Raider Dolls. They, or something similar could work with Sexout.

Playthings, Seducing Women and maybe even AP could be made to utilize Sexout functions. I'm not sure about the authors of these mods, just mentioning the possibilities.

There are certainly locations for a Sexout Store.

Lookout Point might have some possibilities too.

Mart's Mutant Mod adds Geckos and other critters, so there's a lot that can be done there.

Thanks again.

Nice job!

Thanks, Prideslayer. SexoutSex is now working. Only problem now is that the nudebody is not being removed after sex. So I have about 10 nude bodies in my inventory.:D

If I can get the MCM to work, maybe I can configure the dressing/undressing options. I know MCM is looking for NVSE. Maybe if I can point it to FOSE it will work. Maybe?

Well, off to work. :)

Thanks again.

You can certainly try, but I think the chances of MCM working for FO3 are pretty low. You can adjust the MCM variables manually though, either in the console, or in the SexoutNGMain script.

There is a bug in the current release related to default settings that is causing your problem with bodysuits. You need to set iMaleBody, iFemaleBody, and iPlayerBody to 2 in SexoutNGMain. This will be fixed in the FONV version release later today.

Right now it's not being set, which means it's 0. This will cause the bodysuit to be equipped, but not unequipped. Silly oversight on my part coupled with a little bit of mismatched code in the undress script.

You can certainly try' date=' but I think the chances of MCM working for FO3 are pretty low. You can adjust the MCM variables manually though, either in the console, or in the SexoutNGMain script.

There is a bug in the current release related to default settings that is causing your problem with bodysuits. You need to set iMaleBody, iFemaleBody, and iPlayerBody to 2 in SexoutNGMain. This will be fixed in the FONV version release later today.

Right now it's not being set, which means it's 0. This will cause the bodysuit to be equipped, but not unequipped. Silly oversight on my part coupled with a little bit of mismatched code in the undress script.

[/quote']

Thanks for the tip, Prideslayer. I've made the changes, but GECK doesn't like the "BuildRef" command(?). Can't compile the script. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

It's present in at least two scripts (SexoutNGMain and the MCM script), but you don't need it. It's just there for breezes bodysuit support. If FOSE doesn't have it, then you can just use the built in bodysuits and forget about breezes.

Look at the code there and adjust it to only allow two choices "sexout" and "none", and get rid of all the breezes stuff. You'll also want to modify the main effect script, since that one looks for the breezes ref, though it doesn't use buildref -- it relies on the main quest script to do the buildref and set the bodysuit value.

It's present in at least two scripts (SexoutNGMain and the MCM script)' date=' but you don't need it. It's just there for breezes bodysuit support. If FOSE doesn't have it, then you can just use the built in bodysuits and forget about breezes.

Look at the code there and adjust it to only allow two choices "sexout" and "none", and get rid of all the breezes stuff. You'll also want to modify the main effect script, since that one looks for the breezes ref, though it doesn't use buildref -- it relies on the main quest script to do the buildref and set the bodysuit value.

[/quote']

Thanks Prideslayer. Well, that didn't work out too well. File may have been corrupted. I'll try later. Is there a clunky FOSE workaround for the BuildRef command?

Thanks again.

What happened?

Even with buildref, it's not going to work without the actual bodysuit mod; do the breezes bodysuits and ESP exist for FOSE? If so, and as long as GetModIndex exists in FOSE, you can just multiply and add.

Buildref is just taking the index, shifting it left 24, and then adding/ORing in the number you give it.

This:

int idx
ref someref

set idx to GetModIndex "somemod.esp"
set someref to Buildref idx 12345

Is the same as this:

int idx
ref someref

set someref to ((idx * 16777216) + 12345)

It's "pointer math" but I don't think the geck will care; it does allow you to assign integers to ref variables.

What happened?

Even with buildref' date=' it's not going to work without the actual bodysuit mod; do the breezes bodysuits and ESP exist for FOSE? If so, and as long as GetModIndex exists in FOSE, you can just multiply and add.

Buildref is just taking the index, shifting it left 24, and then adding/ORing in the number you give it.

This:

int idx
ref someref

Is the same as this:

int idx
ref someref

It's "pointer math" but I don't think the geck will care; it does allow you to assign integers to ref variables.

[/quote']

Thanks Prideslayer. Well, this is all over my head.:D But I'll see what I can do with it.

What happened? Well FO3 wouldn't start. The file size was too small, so I suspect something went wrong while converting back to an .esm from the .esp I had to create in order to edit.

Luckily I backed everything up. But any saved games that had NPC's retaining their nude bodies had vanilla underwear on instead of their usual apparel. And, when having sex, they retained their underwear, including my character.

I have Breeze's body mod installed and Type 3 Female body set up as default body. I don't understand the underwear.

Could the BuildRef problem be the result of a missing reference? Your code suggests that the BuildRef is pointing to another reference. Maybe something didn't translate over properly?

This problem exposed the fact that the scripts will not compile in FO3 GECK, so maybe there are some unresolved issues.

What I don't understand about that possibility is that the program runs correctly, except for the nudebody thing.

I'll go through all of the scripts and see if I can narrow things down a bit.

BTW, yes, Breeze's body is a popular mod for Fallout 3. I have it running in this install. It may not be necessary to designate Breeze's body in Sexout-FO3.

This brings up several questions I have for you, Prideslayer. But I'll ask them in another post.

Thanks again.

It's amazing to me how easily this has come together in only a short time. Thanks, Prideslayer and Halstrom for all of the assistance so far.

It's nice to be on the cutting edge of NG technology:D, but there are some inherent problems that are becoming apparent.

Without a workable configuration menu system, all of the features become difficult to manage. Since MCM relies so heavily on NVSE, it's probably not an option, as you mentioned, Prideslayer.

The current version of NG doesn't support the Handbooks. When I had the basic Sexout esp running, the menus were functional. I'm wondering if a backdate, to an earlier version of SexoutNG would be more practical for FO3.

Or a hybrid that incorporated the latest anims, etc, but simplified options that could be managed through the old handbooks.

I see two distinct paths for Sexout for Fallout 3 and the path that the Sexout community is taking with New Vegas, Skyrim, and hopefully Fallout 4.

I don't see Sexout for Fallout 3 being constantly updated and improved, like it is for NV. Because of some of the limitations, it would seem better to establish a stable, running version and then if modders want to build some additional plugins, they can.

What do you think?

Have to get Rapers working, though. Looking at the stalker scripts, (dumb question time) why can't the stalker/raper simply be made to run to the victim, instead of following the birds?

Sorry if this is becoming tedious.:rolleyes:

What happened?

Even with buildref' date=' it's not going to work without the actual bodysuit mod; do the breezes bodysuits and ESP exist for FOSE? If so, and as long as GetModIndex exists in FOSE, you can just multiply and add.

This:

int idx
ref someref

Is the same as this:

int idx
ref someref

[/quote']

Thanks Prideslayer. Well, this is all over my head.:D But I'll see what I can do with it.

What happened? Well FO3 wouldn't start. The file size was too small, so I suspect something went wrong while converting back to an .esm from the .esp I had to create in order to edit.

Ahhh. Well I'm not sure about FO3 and FO3Edit, but the FONV GECK makes backups for you (in the "Backup" dir in Data). It's not every save, but it's close. FONVEdit also makes backups every time you save an edit and names them according to the file date, so they will be like "Sexout.esm.backup.2012_...."

I would hope that the FO3 GECK and FONVEdit do something similar.

Luckily I backed everything up. But any saved games that had NPC's retaining their nude bodies had vanilla underwear on instead of their usual apparel. And, when having sex, they retained their underwear, including my character.

I have Breeze's body mod installed and Type 3 Female body set up as default body. I don't understand the underwear.

Could the BuildRef problem be the result of a missing reference? Your code suggests that the BuildRef is pointing to another reference. Maybe something didn't translate over properly?

Buildref is looking for the breezes bodysuit in the breezes ESP. Certainly even if buildref works in FO3, that ID (the numbers in the buildref) are going to be different. You need to look at the breezes erect bodysuit in the GECK and get it's form ID which will be something like "01ABCDEF". Cut off the first two characters. The remaining six are what you need, but in hexadecimal. You need to convert them to decimal.

This problem exposed the fact that the scripts will not compile in FO3 GECK, so maybe there are some unresolved issues.

What I don't understand about that possibility is that the program runs correctly, except for the nudebody thing.

I'll go through all of the scripts and see if I can narrow things down a bit.

I would just rip out all the bodysuit stuff. Add it back in later, once you have normal sex working. With your mods, it should work fine without bodysuits.

I would just rip out all the bodysuit stuff. Add it back in later' date=' once you have normal sex working. With your mods, it should work fine without bodysuits.[/quote']

When he says rip out, it might be better worded to comment it out using ";" to put back in later :)

I would just rip out all the bodysuit stuff. Add it back in later' date=' once you have normal sex working. With your mods, it should work fine without bodysuits.[/quote']

When he says rip out, it might be better worded to comment it out using ";" to put back in later :)

Thanks Halstrom. Yes, I've already discovered the joys of, "what the hell did I delete?".:D

Even using ";" can lead to trouble. :)

Thanks again.

Pfft. When I say rip out' date=' I mean delete with extreme prejudice. But then, I'm the type of guy that would rather write code I understand from scratch than attempt to fix code I don't understand.. ;)[/quote']

I know that feeling too, I probably misunderstood which coding was being turfed, I've done it so often with my own stuff, changed my mind to go back to something I did 3 versions back and scratched my head as to how I did it :)

Pfft. When I say rip out' date=' I mean delete with extreme prejudice. But then, I'm the type of guy that would rather write code I understand from scratch than attempt to fix code I don't understand.. ;)

[/quote']

:D Sounds like coding can be...violent. I'll have to look further into it.:shy:

Everything is working again. I'll go through the scripts in the morning.

Thanks again.

Here's a progress report. The Sexout.esm file is working and appears to be error free. Neither the GECK nor FO3Edit report errors for it.:) The .esm file is based on a version of NG I downloaded earlier last week- not sure of the version, but it's very recent.

It retains the quirk of not redressing after sex because I decided not to mess with the working esm file. I'm using a quickie plugin I made that implements the script changes that Prideslayer recommended.

Now the NPC bodies redress, but the player body doesn't. Not much of a problem, since I can just redress manually and there is no retained nudebody.

The SexoutSex plugin is also working. FO3Edit gives one small error in a dialog, but otherwise it appears clean. I had to add some additional content from the Tryouts mod (Strapon).

SexoutSex NV requires Sexout Common Resources, which isn't available for FO3. So I can't be sure if there's some function missing or not. For example, there is obviously provision for strapons, but where does one get one of those? Probably in some other content.

But the basic dialogs are there to initiate sex and they work. And some of them are hilarious.:D:D Did you write those, Bromm?:)

Also, I hope I'm not crossing a line by playing with some of the other mod content. I'm willing to turn this over to the respective modders, if you want to retain control. It is your work, really. The porting is turning out to be minor, thanks to all of the fantastic help I've received.

In the end, maybe we'll have an .esm file and some plugins that would be downloadable from LoversLab. But anything that would be released would have to be tested and approved by the various mod authors and admins.

My next goal is to get the handbook added back in.:rolleyes:

Thanks again.

This is wonderful news, great job! To answer some of your questions, whichever ones I can..

- SCR does provide the actual items for the strapon and stuff, but the models/textures come from other downloads. You could probably pull just those records (the armor records) out into a new ESM for FO3, and as long as you have the .nif files to go with them, they should work fine.

- There's a bunch of code in the NV sexout.esm to decide if the NPCs or player are supposed to get redressed after sex, all controlled through MCM. The default setting is to have the player redress automatically only after consensual sex, but not after rape. If that's not working, it could be that the default value (SexoutNG.iPlayerBody) is not set right, or it could be that there are additional timing issues in FO3 that aren't in FONV. You're getting far enough along though that I can probably spare the time in the next week or so to look at the ESM and see if I can fix it for you.

- I can't speak for others, but I have absolutely no problem with you releasing and maintaining SexoutNG for FO3 yourself. I have enough work to do in the NV edition. :) To be honest I don't even care if you credit me or not, but my work is based on UDLRs original Sexout ESM, so you should at least credit him unless he says otherwise. It may be wise to give the mod as a whole (not the ESM, just the official 'name') a unique name, like SexoutF3 or something, so people don't get confused between Sexout, SexoutNG, and "SexoutNG for FO3" -- at least not any more than they already are.

Archived