Children + Soul Gems (Hentrai Pregnancy Addon)

View File

Children + Soul Gems is an add-on for SexLab Hentai Pregnancy that allows players and NPCs to have children and/or produce soul gems at the end of the pregnancy period. This is essentially an expanded version of Hentai Pregnancy Childbirth Plugin so much of the credit should go to Kitsune32 as I would not have even started this project if not for that mod.

Do not use this mod together with Hentai Pregnancy Childbirth Plugin unless you want twins with every birth.

Version 1.5

First 1.5 Note:

• Upgrading to 1.5 will work best if you go to an area without any children and save before installing the update. When you load, wait for the load message (may take half a minute or so) before doing much. The reason for this is that I have done a lot of behind-the-scenes work fixing little things, reorganizing parts of the mod to make it easier for me to work with, and reducing potential compatibility issues.
  • Because of these changes, children's hair, eyes, and clothes are getting sort-of "reset." They should retain their hair style but they will get new clothes (random so they might end up the same) and I have changed a few eye colors to be more consistent across the various compatibility mods.
  • If you spot any problems with hair, eyes, or clothes after upgrading please let me know which race and gender and which, if any, of the compatibility modules you are using.
  • I am leaving the 1.4 files available in case I broke something and didn't find it in my testing.

Second 1.5 Note:

• There is a new "Race Settings" menu that controls racial inheritance. Each known parent race is listed with two drop-down menus allowing you to select what races these spawn. If you have it set to use one of the parent's races (or the random [iNHERITED]) the mod will use these settings to determine the child's race.
  • Right now the system just chooses randomly between the two races, so "Alternate" does not mean less of a chance to be chosen or anything like that.

Other 1.5 Features:

• Added support for Skykids.
  • Added support for Monli and Drow races for Skykids. Read the section about the Skykids module for more information.
  • The system now correctly identifies the races for Vampire, Afflicted (Breton), and older (Nord) NPCs.
  • Fixed a problem with certain random clothing combinations having partially invisible legs.
  • Added a few hair styles that I had missed. This includes a "bald" hairstyle for female elves so make sure to check the "Child Details" page if newly born children look like they have no hair.
  • Added a few male hairstyles that look okay with female heads to RS Children.
  • Uploaded modifications for HentaiPregnancy (called "SexLabHentaiPregnancy changes plus.rar") that fixes a few minor scripting bugs and allows greater control of pregnancy duration and effects and allows canceling of individual pregnancies (this should also completely reset the body in case it has gotten stuck in a pregnant morph). Please don't ask me to do much with this mod. ;) Adding options to the menu is fine but adding to the functionality is too much work for me at the moment.

Next on To-Do List:

• Adoption.

Features

• Full SkyUI/MCM menu control of all features.
  • At the end of the pregnancy a child will be "born" and/or a Soul Gem will be created. The child is based off the basic children of Skyrim but is only Protected, not Invulnerable.
    • Menus control whether children, Soul Gems, or both are created at birth.
    • The parent where the child spawns can be set to the Mother (default), the Father, or whichever parent is not the player (will choose mother if both are NPCs).
    • Menu options are available for disabling notification messages on addon load, child birth, etc. Note that menus may not function correctly until the addon is fully loaded which is the purpose of the load message.

[*]Made some minor changes to the base model for human children.

• Fixed tint on children's shoes.
    • Made tint on children's hands closer to rest of body.

[*]Children will randomly "inherit" a race from one of their parents.

• This can be changed from the menus to always be the Mother's race, the Father's race, or a specific race.
    • The inheritance rules can be further refined on the "Race Settings" menu, allowing the player to select two child races for each parent race.
    • Non-human children have been given very smooth face textures.

[*]Children are born with a random set of clothes.

[*]Children born in towns are more active.

• The mod attempts to determine what town a child is in and set its AI appropriately. This should work for the town itself and any areas directly within it such as most houses, inns, etc. Areas that are not directly within the town (such as the Jorrvaskr Living Quarters or the Riften docks) may not work.
    • Children tend to run or walk around town during the day, eat at the local inn at night, and then attempt to find somewhere to sleep. I added several spots in each inn where children can lay down and sleep.
    • Supported towns: Dawnstar, Dragon Bridge, Falkreath, Ivarstead, Karthwasten, Kynesgrove, Markarth, Morthal, Riften, Riverwod, Rorikstead, Solitude, Whiterun, Windhelm, Winterhold, Winterhold College.

[*]Children can be removed through the MCM menus. Done from the Child List, "Remove and Keep" will remove selected child(ren) from menus (and lose appearance/name management) but will leave child in the game world. "Remove and Delete" will completely remove child from the game. I recommend saving your game before deleting any children.

[*]A number of customization options for children have been added that are tied to the child's specific race and gender. I have implemented a method that partially avoids this problem but if more than one child born from this mod and of the same race/gender is on screen at the same time then they will have the same appearance. Effectively, children of the same race/gender but in different towns will not interfere with each other. This applies to names, hair styles and color, and eye style.

• The child to be customized can be selected from a list of all children born from this mod. Options are also available for choosing the child most recently born and choosing the child associated with a birth certificate by first reading the certificate and then selecting [FROM CERTIFICATE] in the menu.
    • The default names of the children are Nord Son, Khajiit Daughter, and so on. Children can be renamed through the menus via two methods.
      • First method allows selecting a prefix and suffix from lists to generate a name.
        • This method emulates the NPC naming systems used in Arena and Daggerfall as discussed at http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Names. Imperial and Orc names are similar methods created by me based on names from Morrowind. Female Nord names were expanded a bit (also based on names from Morrowind).
        • Different lists are available for generating race and gender appropriate names but they are not enforced, e.g. you can give a male Nord child a female Khajiit name if you so desire.
        • There is limited support for "last" names as well. Father's or mother's last name (if they have them and if the mod can figure them out) can be chosen as well as a few others.

[*]Second method allows selecting a letter at a time to build a name.

• It should be pretty obvious but the name is built until it reaches an [END] selection.

[*]Any oddities in capitalization are not my doing but Skyrim's due to the way strings are handled. I have reduced the possibility of this as much as possible. Names will have an extra space at the beginning for this reason.

[*]Children that are on screen when you load a saved game may temporarily revert back to default names (such as Nord Daughter, etc).

[*]Children that are on screen when you rename a different child of the same race/gender will be temporarily renamed as well.

[*]Children receive a random hair style when they are born. The style and color can be changed from the menus on the Child Details page. Note that the actual child (human) models have very limited options.

• The actual change may be delayed until you go to another area and return.
      • Changing hair color via the color swatch dialogue does not yet work. Use the text menu instead.

[*]Minor "vampire" support.

• If either parent is a vampire then the child will be given vampire eyes.
      • Note that this looks for vampirism at the time of conception.

[*]Birth certificates are generated when a child is born.

• When a child is born you should get a quest completed message that says "A New Birth Certificate!" A note will be added to the player's inventory that gives the mother's and father's names, date of birth, and the child's race and gender.
    • If two births occur very close to each other (like within the same game minute) you may not receive a certificate for one of them.
    • The creation of birth certificates can be disabled in the SkyUI/MCM interface but note that the certificates can be used in conjuction with the menus for renaming, etc.
    • The weekday on the birth certificate is off compared to what the in-game interface displays. I added an adjustment but I don't know if it was something wrong with my installation or other mods or if it's a bug in the base game. The adjustment can be changed from the menus if it is wrong for your game.

[*]An "apprentice" system has been added for the children created by this mod.

• Children in towns will start learning a trade from a local. Talking to the child occasionally is an important step in starting and advancing the apprenticeship. These conversations can occur early in the morning and late in the day.
    • Animations don't quite fit when a child is using certain tools (such as forges, grindstones, etc). Also, since this mod alters the tools, some NPCs may have slightly off animation. This only applies to tools at specific locations, however, not all tools in the world.
    • List of apprentice jobs: Alchemist in Falkreath and Windhelm, Bard in Solitude, Blacksmith in Whiterun, Enchanter in Morthal, Farmer in Ivarstead and Rorikstead, Lumberjack in Dragon Bridge, Mage in Winterhold College, Merchant in Dawnstar and Markarth, Miner in Karthwasten and Kynesgrove, Priest in Riften, Soldier in Winterhold, "Tanner" (Blacksmith) in Riverwood.
    • Apprentices that reach the highest level give certain benefits. Many of these are simply giving the player job-related items (such as potions from the Alchemist). The Pwill give a unique blessing. Bards provide "song" scrolls that give AOE buffs (similar to the Call of Arms scroll, and yes I ripped my ideas from Everquest). Blacksmiths can temper any weapon up to "Legendary". The merchant apprentices become actual vendors and have somewhat unique merchandise. Soldier and Mage apprentices can be recruited as followers.
    • Notes on Blacksmith apprentice:
      • The item tempered should be the one in your right hand. If you have an identical item in your inventory, store it first or it may be selected instead.
      • The tempering will increase the quality of the weapon by one rank and can be done once a day. There are many levels of "Legendary" and the apprentice can temper some of them, so it will take multiple days of "Legendary" tempering to max out the weapon.
      • The weapon will be on the ground after it is tempered (this is mentioned in the dialogue as well).

[*]Notes on apprentice followers:

• Only a single soldier or mage apprentice can be recruited at a time.
      • The apprentice follower should not interfere with any other followers.
      • Followers are given various equipment or spells depending on level of the player. In the current version it is not possible to change the apprentice's equipment like a housecarl's.
      • Follower name and appearance will override any other children of the same race and gender.
      • Follower head and/or body may disappear briefly when loading a saved game.

[*]An experimental "child growth" system is available.

• If this is enabled the child will start smaller than normal and follow whichever parent the child was spawned at until it grows to "full size".
    • Only one parent per town can be followed (and one in the world "at large" outside the towns) but the vagarities of the AI system mean that previous children still in "toddler" stage may not immediately (or ever) start following the new parent. If the child does start following a different NPC, they may not be able to follow them into locked houses.
    • This is disabled by default due to how bad the models look when shrunk down ever further.

[*]Fully-grown children can be moved from their current locations to any of the supported towns.

• This is done through dialogue with the child you want to move.
    • This can be used on any child born from this mod so it can be used if a child wanders away from town for some reason or is born in an unusual location.

Requirements

Limitations

• The mod supports up to 125 children. There is no limit to how many can actually be born but the mod will not provide support for managing names, appearances, or other details for any children over the 125 limit. The 125 limit can be turned into a hard limit where no children are born after reaching 125 children by turning OFF the option in General Settings.

Known Issues

• Not exactly a bug but due to the way the AI works if you wait/sleep through a key time period the AI may get confused and the children will not be where they should be and occasionally disappear entirely. This is not permanent though, they will return to their proper place as the AI packages continue to work.
  • Kids won't eat. Is this my bug or Bethesda's? They have standing eating animation but always try to sit down to eat even when the AI package says not to sit.

To Do List (things I actually plan to do)

• Adoption, including support for Hearthfire houses.
  • Inheriting eye colors. (For child models that allow it.)
  • Add an orc encampment to list of known towns with appropriate AI.
  • Improve randomness of children born close together in time.
  • Outfit management/availability of armor for follower children.

Requested Items (if I can figure out how)

• Add voices to dialogue.
  • Add children calling player Mom/Dad/etc when appropriate.
  • Compatibility with Beeing Female.
  • Compatibility with creatures... not too sure about this one. :P
  • Compatibility with Alternate Actors and Enhanced Character Edit.
  • Make Khajiit boys use female head. (RSChildren module does this, not sure I'll make something separate.)
  • Add option for Player- or NPC-only births.

• Making children non-essential. Due to the way children, adults, furniture, and my apprentice system interact this is not an easy task. I have an idea on how to do this but I'm not close to being ready to test it much less implement it. When this will be addressed and whether I can even fix it is currently unknown.

• Children growing into adults. If anyone wants to work on this, I will provide a basic framework and tell you the parts that need to be filled in. After discussing this, I started getting a bunch of ideas (I told you not to get me distracted, dang it.) but if you leave it to me to do then this is 2-3 months away from completion.

Maybe List (might happen but much lower priority)

• Have children visit player's house in city if purchased.
  • Add a fetch quest for child to reach final level of apprenticeship?
  • More jobs. Maybe thief or assassin?
  • Better emotions and animations during apprentice-related dialogues.
  • Add AI pathing to Winterhold and other towns where it is lacking.
  • Add AI support for returning to house where child was born?

Wish List (not likely to happen but might if I get assistance :P )

• A "baby" that the mother carries/wears for a while before it changes to a separate NPC.
  • Better models for toddler-sized children and "full size" non-human children. Any help on this would be appreciated as I am terrible with 3D modeling. Especially useful would be a child model with adjustable weight which could be used to do a chubbier "toddler" stage.
  • More job-related equipment for apprentices - armor for soldier, blacksmith apron, etc. Most of the built-in models do not work with human children.
  • Custom animations for children using tools such as forge, alchemy table, etc.

Potential Conflicts

• Mods that drastically alter the inns could cause the children to not find places to sleep.
  • Mods that alter/enable the civil war scripts in towns such as Ivarstead and Karthwasten where grain mills and smelters can be destroyed could conflict. Most likely, the scene would play out but the tools would still be there for use.
  • Mods that alter children textures/models could be a problem. "Kids of Skyrim" gave me children with invisible faces and translucent hair. (The Xvision compatibilty mod should fix this particular example.)

Optional Files

• I have made avaiable a version of HPSoulGemBirth that does nothing except keep children birthed by that mod around. Note that none of the AI enhancements that I have made will apply to them.
  • Since SexLabHentaiPregnancy has not been updated in some time I have uploaded a file that provides recompiled scripts compatible with SexLab 1.5. I do not think it is actually necessary but I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Additional Modules for Children + Soul Gems

====================================

Please note that the modules listed below require the base Children + Soul Gems addon file.

Children + Soul Gems Xvision

------------------------------------

• DO NOT USE THIS WITH THE REMODEL, RSCHILDREN, OR TKCHILDREN MODULES.
  • I had to go with one or the other, so this is based on the Xvision Children - Redone version of the mod, since the other is no longer being maintained.
  • Children born from this addon will now use the Xvision models.
  • Many more options are available for human hair.
  • Non-human children now use the Xvision children clothing and will be given a random set.
  • UNINSTALLING: find an area with no children present, go the the Children + Soul Gems MCM menu, choose the "Module Information" screen, and click the "Uninstall" text next to "Xvision Children compatibility". Wait for dialogue prompt indicating uninstallation finished then save your game. Exit Skyrim and disable the Children+SoulGemsXvision.esp addon.

Children + Soul Gems RSChildren

-----------------------------------------

• DO NOT USE THIS WITH THE REMODEL, XVISION, OR TKCHILDREN MODULES.
  • This module requires RS Children Overhaul 1.1.0.
  • Children born from this addon will now use the RS Children models.
  • Non-human children will also use the RS Children clothing and will be given a random set. Most clothing in RS Children is of the shirt & pants variety, even for females.
  • Due to the way that RS Children works, all children (including "male" children) are limited to using female hair styles. If a male child is born with a style that looks too feminine you will need to change it manually (under "Child Details" in the MCM menus).
  • Due to the way that RS Children works, Argonian and Khajiit heads and hands do not quite fit the body model. I have minimized it as much as possible but it is still visible if you are looking for it.
  • UNINSTALLING: find an area with no children present, go the the Children + Soul Gems MCM menu, choose the "Module Information" screen, and click the "Uninstall" text next to "RS Children compatibility". Wait for dialogue prompt indicating uninstallation finished then save your game. Exit Skyrim and disable the Children+SoulGemsRSChildren.esp addon.

Children + Soul Gems Skykids

------------------------------------

• DO NOT USE THIS WITH THE REMODEL, XVISION, RSCHILDREN, OR TKCHILDREN MODULES.
  • This module requires Skykids dated 2-17-2014. You must have the base module and the armorpack.
  • Children born from this addon will now use the Skykids models.
  • Children born will receive a random set of farm clothing. The Skykids female meshes for farm clothing did not have any legs for some reason. I have fixed this but it is a hacked-together sort of fix. Let me know if you spot any odd geometry.
  • Due to the way that Skykids works, children (including "male" children) are mostly limited to using female hair styles. If a male child is born with a style that looks too feminine you will need to change it manually (under "Child Details" in the MCM menus).
  • Monli and Drow child races are supported by installing the "Children+SoulGemsSkykidsRaces" module. These are female-only races (for the time being) and will only spawn female children (even if the settings say to produce a male child).
    • After installing the race module you will need to go to the "Race Settings" screen and choose which parent races will produce Monli and/or Drow children. For example, if you wanted Dark Elves to randomly produce either Dark Elves or Drow then change one of the two race Dark Elf options to Drow. If you want to completely replace Dark Elves then change both options to Drow.
    • There is currently not an option to uninstall an added child race. Please keep this in mind when using the Monli and Drow addition.

[*]UNINSTALLING: find an area with no children present, go the the Children + Soul Gems MCM menu, choose the "Module Information" screen, and click the "Uninstall" text next to "Skykids compatibility". Wait for dialogue prompt indicating uninstallation finished then save your game. Exit Skyrim and disable the Children+SoulGemsSkykids.esp addon.

Children + Soul Gems TKChildren

-----------------------------------------

• DO NOT USE THIS WITH THE XVISION OR RSCHILDREN MODULE.
  • This module requires TK Children 1.0.
  • Adds a few more options for human children hair.
  • This module only affects human children. For that reason it can be used together with Children + Soul Gems Remodel.
  • UNINSTALLING: find an area with no children present, go the the Children + Soul Gems MCM menu, choose the "Module Information" screen, and click the "Uninstall" text next to "TK Children compatibility". Wait for dialogue prompt indicating uninstallation finished then save your game. Exit Skyrim and disable the Children+SoulGemsTKChildren.esp addon.

Children + Soul Gems Remodel

--------------------------------------

• DO NOT USE THIS WITH THE XVISION OR RSCHILDREN MODULE.
  • This is a very small step toward making the non-human children look more like children.
  • The main thing that this addon does is divorce the child models (meshes and textures) from the adult models. I have used smooth textures and made less curvy female meshes. Depending on what mods you already use the impact of these changes will vary.
  • Children are now born with a random set of clothes.
  • Resource have been borrowed from the following mods:

[*]UNINSTALLING version 1.2 or higher: find an area with no children present, go the the Children + Soul Gems MCM menu, choose the "Module Information" screen, and click the "Uninstall" text next to "Children + Soul Gems Remodel". Wait for dialogue prompt indicating uninstallation finished then save your game. Exit Skyrim and disable the Children+SoulGemsRemodel.esp addon.

Children + Soul Gems Dragonborn

------------------------------------------

• Requires Dragonborn expansion.
  • Adds support for two towns on Solstheim.
  • Raven Rock - priest apprentice with different blessing than the one in Riften.
  • Skaal Village - lumberjack apprentice.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/30/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Guest Jenova23

Very nice if only someone would create a mesh of a baby in a basket you can carry similar to a backpack, also would you try to implement vanilla dialogue I really can't stand unvoiced mod.

I get a CTD with both the 1.5 HP fix and the Children + Soul Gems Dragonborn mod (I have DragonBorn). I unchecked the HP SoulGemBirth esp (so I don't have twins), installed both aforementioned and I get a CTD straight after the Bethesda intro screen.

Mod works great ty Dtim :) Any chance of making it creature compatible in the future? :P Puppies, Baby trolls, Charus eggs?     LoL :)

Awesome Job.

I get a CTD with both the 1.5 HP fix and the Children + Soul Gems Dragonborn mod (I have DragonBorn). I unchecked the HP SoulGemBirth esp (so I don't have twins), installed both aforementioned and I get a CTD straight after the Bethesda intro screen.

Send me a private message with what mods you have installed (or post them here in a spoiler for space) and I'll see what I can figure out. Easiest way to get plugins list is from the file: C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Skyrim\plugins.txt

Very nice if only someone would create a mesh of a baby in a basket you can carry similar to a backpack, also would you try to implement vanilla dialogue I really can't stand unvoiced mod.

I'll look into doing voices but I make no promises. Maybe if I simplified the dialogue a lot... :D

Mod works great ty Dtim :) Any chance of making it creature compatible in the future? :P Puppies, Baby trolls, Charus eggs?     LoL :)

Awesome Job.

Thanks.  As for creatures, it's not very likely (certainly not anytime soon) but I'll keep it in mind.  :)

Do these kids recognize you as the parent and say "Mama or Papa" when you speak to them or do they just act like any other regular child NPC?

No, not yet.  But the dialogue is something that I obviously need to work on.

This is amazing work! Any chance you can make it compatible with Beeing Female?

I'll check but I'm not sure Beeing Female is set up for hooking into like Hentai Pregnancy is.

can't they move to custom player houses ?

That will be part of the "adoption" that's on my To Do list.

Thanks a lot for your contribution. Will test this and let you know. I've been looking for something similar to the Hiyoko/Tamago mod in Oblivion :)

EDIT : Getting the same crash after Bethesda logo reported by jpee1965.

Using Children + Soul Gems remodeled

Here's my mod list

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
RaceCompatibility.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
NPCs of Dibella - Resources.esm
RCOTS-RACES.esm
SexLab.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
HentaiPregnancy.esm
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
SIM- NPC Additions.esp
SIM - NPCAdditionsHOSTILE.esp
SIM - NPCAdditionsWEREWOLVES.esp
SIM - NPCSUBMITTED.esp
SIM - Treasure Anywhere.esp
SkyUI.esp
FlameAtronachArmor.esp
FullBootForKKSA.esp
RCOTS-Armorpack(english).esp
HDT Havok Object.esp
killkidsV2.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SC07SexLabRandomAttack.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
RCOTS-FriendChildren.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Cold.esp
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp
Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp
FNISspells.esp
NPCs of Dibella - Females - USKP.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Children+SoulGemsRemodel.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp

EDIT :  Oops, I think me and jpee1965 didn't download the base Children + Soul Gems (14MB) zip file. It works fine now, my bad.

Thanks a lot for your contribution. Will test this and let you know. I've been looking for something similar to the Hiyoko/Tamago mod in Oblivion :)

EDIT : Getting the same crash after Bethesda logo reported by jpee1965.

Using Children + Soul Gems remodeled

EDIT :  Oops, I think me and jpee1965 didn't download the base Children + Soul Gems (14MB) zip file. It works fine now, my bad.

That would do it.  I'll update my post to make it more clear that my Dragonborn addon needs the base mod.  That's completely my fault, thanks for catching the problem.

Thank you so much for this mod!

Tho I would like to ask if it's possible to change the head shape of the children, like say, TK children?

Also would it break the apprenticeship if I added the children to adoptable faction and adopt them?

Making it compatible with TK Children is on my list of things to do.

As to manually adding the adoption faction, I just don't know.  I haven't gotten into those details yet but my guess would be that it's fine as long as you're keeping the child in the city where it was born.  If you try to move it to a different city or one of the player-built houses, there's going to be problems.

This is amazing work! Any chance you can make it compatible with Beeing Female?

Agreed. With hentai pregnancy unlikely to ever receive further updates it would make sense for being female compatibility, although i understand if that is a bit too difficult to pull off at this time

Thank you so much for this mod!

Tho I would like to ask if it's possible to change the head shape of the children, like say, TK children?

Also would it break the apprenticeship if I added the children to adoptable faction and adopt them?

Making it compatible with TK Children is on my list of things to do.

As to manually adding the adoption faction, I just don't know.  I haven't gotten into those details yet but my guess would be that it's fine as long as you're keeping the child in the city where it was born.  If you try to move it to a different city or one of the player-built houses, there's going to be problems.

I just tried it and it seems they loose their dialogues form this mod (move, check name, etc.), only adopting dialogue appears.

I haven't tried to see if they return after you adopt them tho (haven't got a house at the moment)

A suggestion, if I may?

Is it possible to make the apprenticeship stand alone? As in not depending on which town they reside? So it's more of a time based thing.

You pick their job and they will progress on their own, where ever they are currently.

This is so that if they're adopted or moved somewhere (I imagine mods like "Make your own guild"), they could still function.

I just tried it and it seems they loose their dialogues form this mod (move, check name, etc.), only adopting dialogue appears.

I haven't tried to see if they return after you adopt them tho (haven't got a house at the moment)

A suggestion, if I may?

Is it possible to make the apprenticeship stand alone? As in not depending on which town they reside? So it's more of a time based thing.

You pick their job and they will progress on their own, where ever they are currently.

This is so that if they're adopted or moved somewhere (I imagine mods like "Make your own guild"), they could still function.

It's a shame that the adoption doesn't just work.  It's pretty high on my priority list though, so I will be getting to it soon.

Sorry but I'm not going to do apprenticeships distinct from towns.  I considered it when I started working on this addon but it would take a gargantuan amount of work if you want to actually see the children using tools and such.  I've not seen anything in the Creation Kit that would give me the sort of flexibility I need to do it with any ease.

As a sort of compromise, I will make it the apprenticeship more flexible for the children residing at player-built houses.  Since there is just about every tool at those locations (and I can tell which ones aren't available), I will make it where you can choose their job when they are living there.  That'll only take 60-some-odd AI packages to do.  No problem.  /insert mad laughter

A suggestion, if I may?

It's a shame that the adoption doesn't just work.  It's pretty high on my priority list though, so I will be getting to it soon.

Sorry but I'm not going to do apprenticeships distinct from towns.  I considered it when I started working on this addon but it would take a gargantuan amount of work if you want to actually see the children using tools and such.  I've not seen anything in the Creation Kit that would give me the sort of flexibility I need to do it with any ease.

As a sort of compromise, I will make it the apprenticeship more flexible for the children residing at player-built houses.  Since there is just about every tool at those locations (and I can tell which ones aren't available), I will make it where you can choose their job when they are living there.  That'll only take 60-some-odd AI packages to do.  No problem.  /insert mad laughter

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not a modder, so I'm sorry if I asked for something outrageous .

I played around with other mods to see what mods could compliment this. I found a few, however it's not extensively tested, but they do work:

(But as always don't save over your current playthrough, backup your saves first in case of bad things)

1. Make any Child Your Follower - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23030/?

The children retain their apprenticeship dialogues (move to other cities part at least, haven't seen if it broke the actual progression or not). If it doesn't, does this mean you can have them follow you around and they retain the apprenticeship?

IMPORTANT:

I just found that switching characters with your child using Alternate Actors could cause a CTD upon changing cells.

I'm not sure if it always happen or not, but I managed to run around riften going in and out of buildings just fine after switching to modify looks. But I can't seem to get out of Riften without CTDing, even with coc command. So be careful if you want to try this.

2. Alternate actors - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36047/?

Mostly for the change looks part. The new version of this mod lets you retain the facial/hair changes even after changing back to your original character. This means you can customize their face shapes! Even works with ECE.

But I can't seem to use modded hair with this method (missing brows as well). I know there's a way to apply hair mods to custom races, but I can't. Maybe dtim can make it happen?

They can wear most stuff as a follower, but they can't seem to wear body armor.

=====================================================================

I also found a more complicated, yet more unstable way to customize the children. Highly experimental, mind you.

Instead of Make any Child Your Follower, I use AFT for this one.

Similar to the first method, but when doing the showracemenu, you also change the race. Say Wood Elf Child into Wood Elf.

The reasoning behind this is to have access to hair and brows mods.

However, they loose the follower option from the children follower mod, since they're now...well... grown up. On the bright side, they can wear body armors now.

That's where AFT comes in, with its create tweak follower spell.

With this method you can even make your children Vampires or Werewolves if you wanted to make a supernatural family. (Werewolf pack anyone?)

However I seem to experience CTDs from changing cell after making them Tweak follower. Tho I'm not sure if it's the werewolf only of AFT follower as a whole.

There's a slight problem with both methods though. This mod has the option to change hair shape and color in MCM, which once chosen, will override the original hair (the ones chosen in showracemenu) and they will always revert to it. If it's possible, maybe dtim could give the option to "keep the original hair/color" so they can keep their new hair?

Funny thing, both method can both be adopted! I think because of the children voice type. So the first method would give you a normal child, the 2nd method would give you something closer to a teenage child.

And I realized that the apprenticeship may very well in fact still running despite missing the dialogue upon the faction being added (addfac xx004290 10 ), as I observed the said child still running around town doing the same schedule. Maybe, just maybe, after you got past the adoption dialogue, the apprenticeship dialogue will be visible again. Though personally I'm not sure what will happen AFTER you adopt them. Will they behave correctly like adopted children and so on....

This last one is the least important, but I'll say it nonetheless. If it's possible, could the whole "minimum scale requirement for apprenticeship dialogue to appear" to be toggled on and off? Right now even with the growth feature turned off, the children will not have their dialogue if their scale is below 1.

The reason behind this if it isn't possible to apply modded hair to the child race or if people wanted to use non child races for their children so the body armor is visible. Since other races are really tall compared to the child races provided by this mod, you'd need to lower their scale to 0.8 so they're children sized. However they will loose their apprenticeship this way, since they're below scale 1. Unless of course you're fine with having a child as tall as your character.

That is one heck of wall of text.... I hope it could help in some way or another.

Cheers! :D

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not a modder, so I'm sorry if I asked for something outrageous .

There's no problem with asking. I just wanted you to understand why I refused.  :D

I played around with other mods to see what mods could compliment this. I found a few, however it's not extensively tested, but they do work:

(But as always don't save over your current playthrough, backup your saves first in case of bad things)

1. Make any Child Your Follower - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23030/?

The children retain their apprenticeship dialogues (move to other cities part at least, haven't seen if it broke the actual progression or not). If it doesn't, does this mean you can have them follow you around and they retain the apprenticeship?

If they are following you around then the AI packages that advance the apprenticeship probably aren't triggering. So their job levels will be stuck at what they were when you picked them up.

IMPORTANT:

I just found that switching characters with your child using Alternate Actors could cause a CTD upon changing cells.

I'm not sure if it always happen or not, but I managed to run around riften going in and out of buildings just fine after switching to modify looks. But I can't seem to get out of Riften without CTDing, even with coc command. So be careful if you want to try this.

2. Alternate actors - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36047/?

Mostly for the change looks part. The new version of this mod lets you retain the facial/hair changes even after changing back to your original character. This means you can customize their face shapes! Even works with ECE.

But I can't seem to use modded hair with this method (missing brows as well). I know there's a way to apply hair mods to custom races, but I can't. Maybe dtim can make it happen?

They can wear most stuff as a follower, but they can't seem to wear body armor.

I also found a more complicated, yet more unstable way to customize the children. Highly experimental, mind you.

Instead of Make any Child Your Follower, I use AFT for this one.

Similar to the first method, but when doing the showracemenu, you also change the race. Say Wood Elf Child into Wood Elf.

The reasoning behind this is to have access to hair and brows mods.

However, they loose the follower option from the children follower mod, since they're now...well... grown up. On the bright side, they can wear body armors now.

That's where AFT comes in, with its create tweak follower spell.

With this method you can even make your children Vampires or Werewolves if you wanted to make a supernatural family. (Werewolf pack anyone?)

However I seem to experience CTDs from changing cell after making them Tweak follower. Tho I'm not sure if it's the werewolf only of AFT follower as a whole.

There's a slight problem with both methods though. This mod has the option to change hair shape and color in MCM, which once chosen, will override the original hair (the ones chosen in showracemenu) and they will always revert to it. If it's possible, maybe dtim could give the option to "keep the original hair/color" so they can keep their new hair?

I can understand the CTDs with these.  I'll put making Children + Soul Gems compatible with them on my list but it'll be a bit further down than some other things.

Funny thing, both method can both be adopted! I think because of the children voice type. So the first method would give you a normal child, the 2nd method would give you something closer to a teenage child.

And I realized that the apprenticeship may very well in fact still running despite missing the dialogue upon the faction being added (addfac xx004290 10 ), as I observed the said child still running around town doing the same schedule. Maybe, just maybe, after you got past the adoption dialogue, the apprenticeship dialogue will be visible again. Though personally I'm not sure what will happen AFTER you adopt them. Will they behave correctly like adopted children and so on....

This last one is the least important, but I'll say it nonetheless. If it's possible, could the whole "minimum scale requirement for apprenticeship dialogue to appear" to be toggled on and off? Right now even with the growth feature turned off, the children will not have their dialogue if their scale is below 1.

The reason behind this if it isn't possible to apply modded hair to the child race or if people wanted to use non child races for their children so the body armor is visible. Since other races are really tall compared to the child races provided by this mod, you'd need to lower their scale to 0.8 so they're children sized. However they will loose their apprenticeship this way, since they're below scale 1. Unless of course you're fine with having a child as tall as your character.

The last one may be the least important but it is the easiest to fix. Might not make it into my next update of the mod though.

That is one heck of wall of text.... I hope it could help in some way or another.

Cheers! :D

:) It does help, thanks.

I've tested this mod on my setup, don't know it's my luck or something, 1st time, 4 women NPC(2 mod NPC, 2 original NPC)  give birth, all boys, 2nd time, 8 women, still all boys, so I checked sex setting, it's random, finally 3rd time, one girl was born .......Then I tested with TK children mod, seems alright, has no problem but also no effect.

If u can add options like remove all children in MCM, or remove one by talking to or something, that would be great.

Love it, but only prob I found is that the child will either follow me or the father. Now when I first installed the children ran around riften, had to reinstall the mod now they don't.only follow.

Have you activated the "growing option" in MCM when you reinstalled the mod?

Then the children will follow mother or father until they reach their final scale and only after that point they will run around and look for a job to learn.