Children + Soul Gems (Hentrai Pregnancy Addon)

RS Children doesn't actually have it's own eye meshes, though.  It just uses the default female eyes (or whatever is at Actors\Character\Character Assets\EyesFemale.nif).

Have you seen the same kind of problem with other Imperial children in-game?  (Mila Valentia for instance) Or just the ones produced by my mod?  That's probably the best indicator of where the problem is.

Ah, I didn't know that, didn't check that far into RSChildren, I just made sure it doesn't have overwrites.

No, the RSChildren vanilla NPCs look ok.

It probably is just an issue in how I made the preset face look then.  I'll lower the eyes a bit for the next release and you can let me know how it turns out.  Also, while I'm at it, do the male faces need to be fixed in any way that you've noticed?

Reporting on the male faces.  I've tried all human races plus High elf.  While they aren't the best looking kids, there doesn't seem to be an obvious face geometry issue.

Edit: Crap, I forgot the redguards.  I'll do those tomorrow.

Alright, thanks for the info.

So I am very grateful for this mod, but any ETA on when I can start adopting?.

I'm almost through with the TKChildren compatibility, then I have Children of the Sky and Skykids to do then I'll start on adoption.  So, probably about a month before that gets finished.

Bug report?:

I'm not sure how this happened, but after my pregnancy was over for Sexlab Hentai Pregnancy, the belly wouldn't go down all the way. I was still fat, tried remaking the body in bodyslide, tried adjusting things in Showracemenu (couldn't find an option) but somehow in my second pregnancy's post-pregnancy ending, it had left me with a 2 or 3x belly, that was just compounded on top of for the next pregnancy. Even if I got pregnant again and terminated, it just left me at that same point afterwards. O_O

Maybe it was the Transparent nocturnal robes I was wearing? Do I need to grab a papyrus log, or is there a good reason for this to be happening?

Edit: I just saw your 'compatibility with creatures' in the maybe section. c: You should know that Hentai Pregnancy allows creature pregnancies, and should at least program in a response in the code so nothing bad happens, even if you're not going to do husky pups and the like. Perhaps make it always come out the mom's species in that case, or if it's the father's species just spawn a small creature and have it flee into the wild in a text box or something.

... what happens if Bran gets me pregnant in the current version? O.o

Edit: I really appreciate the hard work you do on this mod. ^_^ I'mma throw on my 5-star vote if I haven't already.

Bug report?:

I'm not sure how this happened, but after my pregnancy was over for Sexlab Hentai Pregnancy, the belly wouldn't go down all the way. I was still fat, tried remaking the body in bodyslide, tried adjusting things in Showracemenu (couldn't find an option) but somehow in my second pregnancy's post-pregnancy ending, it had left me with a 2 or 3x belly, that was just compounded on top of for the next pregnancy. Even if I got pregnant again and terminated, it just left me at that same point afterwards. O_O

Maybe it was the Transparent nocturnal robes I was wearing? Do I need to grab a papyrus log, or is there a good reason for this to be happening?

Edit: I just saw your 'compatibility with creatures' in the maybe section. c: You should know that Hentai Pregnancy allows creature pregnancies, and should at least program in a response in the code so nothing bad happens, even if you're not going to do husky pups and the like. Perhaps make it always come out the mom's species in that case, or if it's the father's species just spawn a small creature and have it flee into the wild in a text box or something.

... what happens if Bran gets me pregnant in the current version? O.o

Edit: I really appreciate the hard work you do on this mod. ^_^ I'mma throw on my 5-star vote if I haven't already.

The belly thing sounds like a problem with Hentai Pregnancy (or a conflict with it and another mod) since my mod doesn't alter the parents in any way.  You might check the Hentai Pregnancy MCM menus and make sure your character isn't still listed under the active pregnancies.  If it is, you can remove the pregnancy there.  I'll poke around the code and see if I can find a solution for you.

Edit: how did you terminate the pregnancy?  Through Hentai Pregnancy's MCM menus?

Anything other than the standard races would be treated as a "custom" race and if that parent is the deciding factor on the child's race then the child will be set to whatever you have selected in the menus (defaults to Nord) for that situation.

Edit: Here's something to try.  Download the scripts that I attached and install them, overwriting the current ones. Get pregnant again then go to the Hentai Pregnancy Pregnancy List  and click on the Clear Pregnancy text next to your name.  Exit the menus and see if your body shrinks back to normal (it takes a little bit of time).

Hentai Pregnancy modified scripts.rar

Great mod, I have been using it for a while and I really enjoy having my kids go through the apprentice system, it has worked quite well also with my only issues having to do with like sex and race kids in the same town (listed as an issue) and occasionally the kids dont want to talk when due an upgrade but zoning in and out of a building usually fixes this problem. I have gotten a girl all the way through the College and she is now following me so I am trying to figure out better wardrobe options. AFT got me access to her inventory and outfit management but does anyone know how to get her to equip anything? I have DL and installed playable xvision children from Nexus hoping the armor contained in that would adjust to her Xvision mesh but no luck with any of the items I added to her inventory. Any ideas from anyone?

Great mod, I have been using it for a while and I really enjoy having my kids go through the apprentice system, it has worked quite well also with my only issues having to do with like sex and race kids in the same town (listed as an issue) and occasionally the kids dont want to talk when due an upgrade but zoning in and out of a building usually fixes this problem. I have gotten a girl all the way through the College and she is now following me so I am trying to figure out better wardrobe options. AFT got me access to her inventory and outfit management but does anyone know how to get her to equip anything? I have DL and installed playable xvision children from Nexus hoping the armor contained in that would adjust to her Xvision mesh but no luck with any of the items I added to her inventory. Any ideas from anyone?

Outfit management is an issue.  I'll put it on my to-do list.  I don't know of any solutions at the moment, though.

I'm glad that you're enjoying the mod.  :)

I've got some bad news for some of you.  I started working on the "Children of the Sky" compatibility and found that both R2 and RCOTS are based around detailed nude textures.  I'm not touching that for several reasons.

If Glouf starts working on RCOTS again and cleans up the textures I'll revisit the issue but for now that is going to be tabled.

On to Skykids which doesn't have this problem.

Outfit management is an issue.  I'll put it on my to-do list.  I don't know of any solutions at the moment, though.

I'm glad that you're enjoying the mod.  :)

It seems the playable xvision kids mod has all the outfits so I am sure someone who has the knowledge can at least equip them with CK...sadly I am not that guy at least for now. Once again, great job on a complex mod!

First all, great mod! :)

Now, I've run into a small problem: whenever I use the rschildren plugin, the mcm menu section of this mod freezes :/ without the plugin, it works just fine. Any thoughts?

I just got the new TKChildren plugin, and I'm having this problem now. I can get into any of the other MCM mod menus, but when I try to get into Children + Soul Gems, it doesn't show the sub-menus, and won't let me enter any of the other mod menus after that.

EDIT: Just did some testing... I do use the Dragonborn compatibility plugin, using the same version number as the main C+SK mod.

Test 1) Save game with TKChildren plugin, take plugin out, load game, MCM menu still unresponsive.

Test 2) Roll back C+SK version to 1.3, load the save made when TKChildren plugin active, MCM menu still unresponsive.

Test 3) Load game made about half a minute before Test 1's, which did Not have TKChildren plugin active, C+SK version still 1.3, MCM menu now works.

Test 4) Upgradge C + SK version to 1.4, do Not add the TK plugin, load same save game as Test 3, MCM menu works.

So it's definitely something in the TK compatability plugin.

First all, great mod! :)

Now, I've run into a small problem: whenever I use the rschildren plugin, the mcm menu section of this mod freezes :/ without the plugin, it works just fine. Any thoughts?

I just got the new TKChildren plugin, and I'm having this problem now. I can get into any of the other MCM mod menus, but when I try to get into Children + Soul Gems, it doesn't show the sub-menus, and won't let me enter any of the other mod menus after that.

EDIT: Just did some testing... I do use the Dragonborn compatibility plugin, using the same version number as the main C+SK mod.

Test 1) Save game with TKChildren plugin, take plugin out, load game, MCM menu still unresponsive.

Test 2) Roll back C+SK version to 1.3, load the save made when TKChildren plugin active, MCM menu still unresponsive.

Test 3) Load game made about half a minute before Test 1's, which did Not have TKChildren plugin active, C+SK version still 1.3, MCM menu now works.

Test 4) Upgradge C + SK version to 1.4, do Not add the TK plugin, load same save game as Test 3, MCM menu works.

So it's definitely something in the TK compatability plugin.

Alright, if you could then please send me a log.  If you don't know how to do this, then follow these steps:

In the directory "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim"

Open the file Skyrim.ini with notepad (or other plain text editor)

Find the [Papyrus] section and add or change these values:

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS = 500.0

bEnableLogging = 1

bEnableTrace = 1

bLoadDebugInformation = 1

Save the file, load Skyrim, try to access the menu, and then exit.

The log file will be in the directory "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script" and the most recent file will be named "Papyrus.0.log"

Either open this file and send me the contents or just attach it to a message.

If you can do this it will probably help me greatly, thanks.

Uh... oops. Scratch the whole bug report, turns out it was my fault.

Since you pointed out the Creation Kit to me, I've been trying my hand at a wretched little homebrew mod. Turns out it conflicts with your work. My bad entirely.

I did mention I had no modding skills. : /

Uh... oops. Scratch the whole bug report, turns out it was my fault. Since you pointed out the Creation Kit to me, I've been trying my hand at a wretched little homebrew mod. Turns out it conflicts with your work. My bad entirely. I did mention I had no modding skills. : /

I think that happens to every modder.  :)  Another good tool to get (if you don't have it already) is TES5Edit.  Very good for finding conflicts and the like.

What happen if one of the parents is a non-playable race? Will I give birth to a riekling, etc?

No, if that parent is chosen as for inheriting the race then it will consider it to be "Custom" (as described in the current menus) and the child's race will be set to the custom race specific in the menus (this defaults as Nord).

Edit: I am working on a system to allow races to be added but each race is a lot of work so don't expect me to do many.

What happen if one of the parents is a non-playable race? Will I give birth to a riekling, etc?

No, if that parent is chosen as for inheriting the race then it will consider it to be "Custom" (as described in the current menus) and the child's race will be set to the custom race specific in the menus (this defaults as Nord).

Edit: I am working on a system to allow races to be added but each race is a lot of work so don't expect me to do many.

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

My orc character recently gave birth to the child of a human raider. Without any custom races installed, the mod declared the father a custom race and loaded a default nord. Fortunately, the kid looked normal, even if his race selection was unexpected.

Lydia was, however, not so lucky. Got knocked up by a wolf (not really into that, was just curious how it'd turn out). The kid, regardless of whether or not it tried to inehrit it's 'father' race, ended up with no skin. Just eyes and a mouth floating in space, no hands either. Good thing I'm not really into beastiality, turning that off was an easy call to make. But thought you should know.

My orc character recently gave birth to the child of a human raider. Without any custom races installed, the mod declared the father a custom race and loaded a default nord. Fortunately, the kid looked normal, even if his race selection was unexpected.

Lydia was, however, not so lucky. Got knocked up by a wolf (not really into that, was just curious how it'd turn out). The kid, regardless of whether or not it tried to inehrit it's 'father' race, ended up with no skin. Just eyes and a mouth floating in space, no hands either. Good thing I'm not really into beastiality, turning that off was an easy call to make. But thought you should know.

I can't reproduce this problem. I tested this as much as I could (specifically with Lydia as the mother and various non-human NPCs as the father -- luckily I can just call the routines rather than have to go through actually pregnancy) and it worked as it should.

I have been editing this code (preparing for additional races) and it's possible that I fixed a problem without realizing it but I don't think so.

I guess I would need a log from the birth event to know any more.

As far as "Custom" race goes, I'm changing the menus and messages to say "Unknown" race instead as this is more accurate.  This mod only recognizes the 10 playable races at the moment.  Not sure about the raider.  Was it an Afflicted by chance?  Or a vampire?  Or an older-looking NPC?  Those are separate races.  I should do something about those.  Another item for the to-do list.

... *sigh* Next time I rush in here crying 'wolf' (or 'skinless wolf' as the case may be), smack me over the head and yell "CHECK YOUR OWN MOD". :P I swear, one of these days I'm not gonna forget that I'm mucking around in there too.

:)

Just let me know if you find a way that you think my mod should be adjusted to create less conflict.

(http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2n06mb5&s=8) the mod works fine, I don't complain... but... why the kids have that strange look in their faces... like a preoccupation look. something about their eyebrows... seems odd.  like this expression  :(  

This is just due to my low skills when it comes to designing faces.  I try to make the races look different and so I end up with some faces like that. 

I'm trying to work with them a bit this week but to get anything much better I'll need someone to help edit the faces...