I got it fixed eventually by just shutting off AC, waiting for the tick and then activating it again. As I had debug enabled in time for the second engagement it seems like the first time it happened, I hadn't let the actors flags clear when loading the quicksave and somehow those states leaked into the older save too. I'd suggest a clean-up function as seen in some mods, but it's easy enough to avoid the situation. Also chickens want to tap some major ass.

Yeah, I think I'll have to. In this case it sounds like the PC got stuck in the engaged faction. I'm using factions to tag actors without having to cast spells on them but if it's too buggy we'll have to put up with the performance hit of additional magic effects instead.

Chickens, goats and cows will get pretty frustrated. The way it works at the moment is that an unsupported creature will only receive the ignore effect if it tries to engage an actor. With debug active you will see them continue looking for partners until one comes within range. The reason I don't just set them to ignore as soon as they are tagged is that the test to see if they are valid is very noisy and tends to spam the papyrus log. So the test is only performed when an animation fails to start, ie if the creature has no available animation when the time comes.

I've noticed in my basement test that some creatures are out of alignment. Who handles that? You or Sex Lab?

Alignment is handled entirely by SexLab. Certain creatures such as spiders and dragons can have serious alignment issues. When using the alignment hotkeys make sure you are holding down right ctrl first, otherwise the changes will be applied to all animations.

I got it fixed eventually by just shutting off AC, waiting for the tick and then activating it again. As I had debug enabled in time for the second engagement it seems like the first time it happened, I hadn't let the actors flags clear when loading the quicksave and somehow those states leaked into the older save too. I'd suggest a clean-up function as seen in some mods, but it's easy enough to avoid the situation. Also chickens want to tap some major ass.

Yeah, I think I'll have to. In this case it sounds like the PC got stuck in the engaged faction. I'm using factions to tag actors without having to cast spells on them but if it's too buggy we'll have to put up with the performance hit of additional magic effects instead.

Chickens, goats and cows will get pretty frustrated. The way it works at the moment is that an unsupported creature will only receive the ignore effect if it tries to engage an actor. With debug active you will see them continue looking for partners until one comes within range. The reason I don't just set them to ignore as soon as they are tagged is that the test to see if they are valid is very noisy and tends to spam the papyrus log. So the test is only performed when an animation fails to start, ie if the creature has no available animation when the time comes.

I've noticed in my basement test that some creatures are out of alignment. Who handles that? You or Sex Lab?

Alignment is handled entirely by SexLab. Certain creatures such as spiders and dragons can have serious alignment issues. When using the alignment hotkeys make sure you are holding down right ctrl first, otherwise the changes will be applied to all animations.

Kinda off topic, but do you know where I could get a bra or blouse that does NOT use the body slot?

No joy finding one thusfar!

:(

Kinda off topic, but do you know where I could get a bra or blouse that does NOT use the body slot?

No joy finding one thusfar!

:(

Find a Bra or Blouse that you like, open the mod which provides it in the Creation Kit or TESVEdit and change the slot it uses.

I have a suggestion about the ways to interact with animals. Currently, there is a MCM setting for how crouching affects interactions. The current settings are "none", "allow", "deny".

We should also have a "tease", or "request" setting... This would be identical to "none" (in that animals can chose, based on arousal, to have their way regardless), with the addition that crouching decreases the arousal requirement by a fixed number (or reduces it to zero). This would allow you to ask for sex, rather than just waiting...

Another (much more complex, I think) idea is to allow companions and spouse to order a friendly animal to rape you, when their arousal reaches a given level... just because they like to watch :)

I have not tried or even really looked at the mod yet. But I would recommend as a option have a toggle so it can be set where it only happens if the PC or NPC is naked. That way people can choose to not check that and it can always happen or have it checked. Then the animal would have to have a high enough arousal and the PC or NPC would need to be naked as well.

I have a suggestion about the ways to interact with animals. Currently, there is a MCM setting for how crouching affects interactions. The current settings are "none", "allow", "deny".

We should also have a "tease", or "request" setting... This would be identical to "none" (in that animals can chose, based on arousal, to have their way regardless), with the addition that crouching decreases the arousal requirement by a fixed number (or reduces it to zero). This would allow you to ask for sex, rather than just waiting...

Another (much more complex, I think) idea is to allow companions and spouse to order a friendly animal to rape you, when their arousal reaches a given level... just because they like to watch :)

The extra crouch setting - let's call it 'Invite' - should be simple enough: when crouched ignore player arousal threshold and use alternate creature arousal threshold.

Might leave that other idea for later. Not sure how that would even work or if I'd have the skill to implement it right now. Seems like it would need dialogue and and bunch of cues and options for it to be distinguishable from any other SLAC engagement.

I have not tried or even really looked at the mod yet. But I would recommend as a option have a toggle so it can be set where it only happens if the PC or NPC is naked. That way people can choose to not check that and it can always happen or have it checked. Then the animal would have to have a high enough arousal and the PC or NPC would need to be naked as well.

Since a couple of people have asked for this now I'll see about putting a 'naked only' option in for PC and NPCs. Scanning the SexLab Aroused code it looks like a relatively simple check for worn items with certain keywords.

Not sure when I'll get to the next update - stuck with work. So I'm just collecting fixes and features for now.

@Sailing Rebel

I'll push my luck a bit here :D

Any chance of either adding (or even a separate mod) to have a similar effect on friendly NPC's (Guards etc) as Dangerously Nude and Lovers Victim don't seem to be supported now. Nothing complicated just the same effect and process as Aroused Creatures but for NPC's

EDIT: Probably best to confine it to miscellaneous NPC's rather than storyline ones to stop any awkward conflicts

The extra crouch setting - let's call it 'Invite' - should be simple enough: when crouched ignore player arousal threshold and use alternate creature arousal threshold.

Hmmm... what I had in mind was more along the lines of ignoring, or drastically lowering, the creature's arousal requirements... in other words, crouching as a way to enticing the creature to have sex, even if its arousal would not normally make it rape you. I feel that creatures don't have morality, so they will rape you anyway (regardless of your arousal) if they feel like it, which is why I put the player threshold at 0.

@Sailing Rebel

I'll push my luck a bit here :D

Any chance of either adding (or even a separate mod) to have a similar effect on friendly NPC's (Guards etc) as Dangerously Nude and Lovers Victim don't seem to be supported now. Nothing complicated just the same effect and process as Aroused Creatures but for NPC's

EDIT: Probably best to confine it to miscellaneous NPC's rather than storyline ones to stop any awkward conflicts

Honestly I think it would be fastest and easiest to patch LV than to create a whole new mod. Wish I had the time to go over it myself.

Hmmm... what I had in mind was more along the lines of ignoring, or drastically lowering, the creature's arousal requirements... in other words, crouching as a way to enticing the creature to have sex, even if its arousal would not normally make it rape you. I feel that creatures don't have morality, so they will rape you anyway (regardless of your arousal) if they feel like it, which is why I put the player threshold at 0.

I think we're actually agreeing here.

Anyone know if SkyTest gives this mod problems because of the AI?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10175/?

Currently SLAC doesn't do anything with AI so it should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just earlier I had AC kick in with my horse. Then seconds later Alduin and his homeboy show up and ancient homeboy starts flinging firebreath. Horse was all Mr CoolIce to completion even though I have OnHit enabled. Does it not check for dragon breath?

Just earlier I had AC kick in with my horse. Then seconds later Alduin and his homeboy show up and ancient homeboy starts flinging firebreath. Horse was all Mr CoolIce to completion even though I have OnHit enabled. Does it not check for dragon breath?

The OnHit is only monitored on the creature in the current version so perhaps the breath attack doesn't have an AOE and is only hitting the PC. The overlapping hit boxes for actors in SexLab animations are very confusing so it's entirely possible that the attack is being blocked by the PC.

For a future update I'm going to add a magic effect to engaged PC and NPCs so the OnHit will work for them too.

In the meantime I can only suggest using the space bar to quickly cycle to the end of the animation hitting space if it doesn't end automatically.

Sexlabs hotkey for ending an animation (default end) will instantly put you back into your clothing or armor and reequip your weapons. I've used it on AC as well as Lovers Victim and Defeat when I needed to be back fighting because of various outsiders butting in, like dragons or vigilant hunters etc. :)

I've been thinking of a second trigger that would kick in if condition X is so and so. Say arousal for creatures is set at 10 and PC 50, but PC rarely reaches that arousal. If the creature reaches something like 90 arousal, it wouldn't care what the PC's arousal or anything else state is and would proceed anyway. Any interest in that?

I've been thinking of a second trigger that would kick in if condition X is so and so. Say arousal for creatures is set at 10 and PC 50, but PC rarely reaches that arousal. If the creature reaches something like 90 arousal, it wouldn't care what the PC's arousal or anything else state is and would proceed anyway. Any interest in that?

You can do this already as there's an OR option toggle in the Menu so that either setting will trigger the mod rather than both. It's not quite a secondary override trigger but close enough I would have thought

You mean the both aroused toggle? I guess I can actually make that work believably with my current settings. Hadn't thought of that. Still if my figures weren't what they are now it would act really strange.

Yeah you have a play around with the figures a bit to get it right and it is highly dependant on your playstyle.

I use a lot of DD mods so my pc can quite often get a high arousal, so I found setting animal arousal to work at 30 and pc to 90 works for me. As either condition can apply independent of the other I found that going much lower got a bit too intrusive for my taste.

I'm a bit new to this, but before I download it, are all the creatures male, female, or is there both? I've been hearing mostly talk of people using female characters who have sex with the random male creatures, but I'm looking for the reversal of that. If this mod doesn't have that, which one would?

I had pap logging enabled because I was trying to track down something unrelated, which as usual turned out to be user error, but anyway I did take a look at the log and saw some errors courtesy of AC. Is this reason enough to take a quick screencap of my settings etc?

ERROR: HasMagicEffect called with invalid Magic Effect
stack:
[ (0009848C)].Actor.HasMagicEffect() - "" Line ?
[slac_Utility (21003322)].slac_utility.checkForEngagement() - "slac_Utility.psc" Line 191
[Active effect 3 on (0009848C)].slac_ActiveCreatureScript.OnEffectStart() - "slac_ActiveCreatureScript.psc" Line 24
[08/13/2014 - 12:27:11AM] ERROR: HasMagicEffect called with invalid Magic Effect
stack:
[ (FF000DED)].Actor.HasMagicEffect() - "" Line ?
[slac_Utility (21003322)].slac_utility.checkForEngagement() - "slac_Utility.psc" Line 191
[Active effect 3 on (FF000DED)].slac_ActiveCreatureScript.OnEffectStart() - "slac_ActiveCreatureScript.psc" Line 24

Actually erm... I think it's kinda serious, or detrimental at least. Whole log is mostly the same AC error stacking.

I'm a bit new to this, but before I download it, are all the creatures male, female, or is there both? I've been hearing mostly talk of people using female characters who have sex with the random male creatures, but I'm looking for the reversal of that. If this mod doesn't have that, which one would?

Unfortunately there are no animations for male humans with female creatures at the moment. Sorry.

Animation is one of the most difficult things to get right so we depend on a handful of talented contributors. Naturally we can't expect them to spend days or weeks working on material that doesn't interest them. So really we have to be happy with what we can get until someone with the skills and motivation makes an appearance.

I had pap logging enabled because I was trying to track down something unrelated, which as usual turned out to be user error, but anyway I did take a look at the log and saw some errors courtesy of AC. Is this reason enough to take a quick screencap of my settings etc?

ERROR: HasMagicEffect called with invalid Magic Effect

stack:

[ (0009848C)].Actor.HasMagicEffect() - "" Line ?

[Active effect 3 on (0009848C)].slac_ActiveCreatureScript.OnEffectStart() - "slac_ActiveCreatureScript.psc" Line 24

[08/13/2014 - 12:27:11AM] ERROR: HasMagicEffect called with invalid Magic Effect

stack:

[ (FF000DED)].Actor.HasMagicEffect() - "" Line ?

[Active effect 3 on (FF000DED)].slac_ActiveCreatureScript.OnEffectStart() - "slac_ActiveCreatureScript.psc" Line 24

Actually erm... I think it's kinda serious, or detrimental at least. Whole log is mostly the same AC error stacking.

Yeah, there is a problem. My implementation of soft dependencies for Submit, Defeat and Deviously Helpless is rather ham-fisted so it can't adapt to changes in the loaded mods.

If you're seeing this kind of error then I would recommend reinstalling SLAC: disable SLAC in the MCM, make sure there are no running SexLab animations, wait two hours, save and quit. Uninstal SLAC from your mod organiser. Load your save and wait two more hours, save and quit. Now reinstall and it should be back to normal.

Sorry about that, I know it's a hassle.

I'll fix this in the next update, although at this stage it looks like I'm not going to get to do anything with it until later next month thanks to my current workload.