Tale of the Two Wastelands ?

I have bought in the past both Fallout NV (in Steam) with all the DLCs and Fallout 3 GOTY on DVD. Recently, i have re-bought Fallout 3 GOTY on steam for use t alonside of Fallout NV in a working installation of Tale of Two Wastelands.

Im currently using the 2.4a version (the latest 2.63a seems to pose certain isues at the moment). So far, it runs smoothly and i was able to start a new game, create a new PC and run thru the Vault 101 and Megaton. It's pretty stable. I was able to add a TTW version of Darnified UI (best interface for FO3/FNV for me).

Has anyone do the same as me ? And with which mods added ? Another question : can i use directly some FNV mods (not FO3, thew don't work i thing - not directly i mean). I am very interrested to add some good mods of hairstyle, body, weaponery, armors, ...

- for the body, i'm thinking of Type3 for the females and Breeze for the males.

- for the hairstyles, dunno in fact

- for the weaponery, well i really like the USMC weapons (that exist in FO3 ou FNV version - i'll keep the FNV)

- for the armors, no idea ...

And for the Sexout based mods, can they (i think of the framework in particular) run directly in a TTW install without problem ?

I'm on 2.4a.  You can use NV mods as they are UNLESS it says not to on the TTW site (Pip-Boy Readius, for example).  If you use FNVEdit, you can get a script from the TTW site so that you can update FO3 mods to run with NV.

Follow the directions in the FAQ for installing bodies.

I do not use many Sexout mods, but the ones that I do use work fine in both DC and NV.  With the exception of TTW Sexout mods, there aren't any sex quests in DC.

I haven't tried TTW.  I have FNV through Steam, but I have FO3 on disk.  I'd have to buy FO3 through steam to get TTW to work?  I've read about TTW, but the concept seems unreal.  Amazing how they got that to work.  Sexout mods in FO3? Yes please.  :) 

@nyaalich

You don't use many SO-mods? What?!

It does require all of the DLC.

I use more SO mods than I think I do (I always forget about Store, Eval, and Check Me Out).  I don't use the quest ones or most of the effects ones.  Kinda conservative in my choices, I guess?

Here's my load order. I use a bunch of sexout mods adding stuff like sex rewards and alternate speech checks. I often shop for mods over at the TTW site so I have all of the hotfixes. Get TTWfixes from the TTW site as well, since it fixes vanilla bugs that weren't reachable for a while. Make sure you get all of the outfit conversions for fallout 3 so you don't have weird texture problems. I use breezes and t6m/t3m. Don't go over the 140 mod limit by using a bashed patch.

FalloutNV.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
Fallout3.esm=1
Anchorage.esm=1
ThePitt.esm=1
BrokenSteel.esm=1
PointLookout.esm=1
Zeta.esm=1
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm=1
TTWFixes.esm=1
Ambient Temperature.esm=1
IWS-Core.esm=1
Active Wasteland.esm=1
TTWInteriors_Core.esm=1
TTWInteriorsProject_Combo.esm=1
Primary Needs HUD.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm=1
Sexout.esm=1
SexoutSlavery.esm=1
SexoutLegion.esm=1
Lings.esm=1
lingsfinerthings.esm=1
MikotoBeauty.esm=1
T6M NPC NV.esm=1
FCOMaster.esm=1
NVWillow.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
A Devil's Wish.esp=1
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp=0
TTW_SuperMutantRebalance.esp=1
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp=1
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp=1
TTW_MoreCookingItems.esp=1
TTW_Bobbleheads.esp=1
TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp=1
ttw24_plbulbmiscitemofffixed.esp=1
TTW_CompanionWheelFixesForReal.esp=0
TTW_Companions_Essential.esp=0
Digital_Nightmare.esp=0
DN_TTW_Patch.esp=1
SexoutZAZ.esp=1
Reload Speed Game Start Fix.esp=1
CASM.esp=1
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp=1
HUD Extended.esp=1
HUD Extended - Ambient Temperature.esp=1
SaveKey.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp=1
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp=1
PNxEO MCMScriptFixes.esp=0
NVWillow - Project Nevada Rebalance.esp=0
More Perks.esp=1
PerksNTraits.esp=1
TTW Perk Overhaul.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Vanilla Replacements.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Coffee Maker.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Goggle Tints.esp=0
Active Wasteland - Dead Money Replacements.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Dead Money Coffee Maker.esp=1
Active Wasteland - Dead Money Goggle Tints.esp=0
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp=1
IWS-Core-Guards.esp=0
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp=0
IWS-DM.esp=0
IWS-HH.esp=0
IWS-OWB.esp=0
IWS-LR.esp=0
A Devil's Wish - Patch v1_4.esp=1
SmallerTalk.esp=1
SexoutSexLite.esp=1
SexoutConsequences.esp=1
ttwspeechchecks_1.esp=1
ttw_unity_lone_courier.esp=1
SexoutTTWEncounters.esp=1
FalloutTTWquestoverhaul.esp=1
FalloutTTWquestoverhaul1.05Fix.esp=1
SexoutFiends.esp=1
SexoutKhans.esp=1
SexoutKings.esp=1
SexoutNCR.esp=1
SexoutPowderGangers.esp=1
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp=1
RX-TTW_EquipmentLootedNV.esp=1
SignatureArmor.esp=1
SignatureWeapons.esp=1
Craft Overhaul 1.1.esp=1
T6M NPC PN Addon.esp=0
T6M NPC OWB Loot.esp=0
1nivVSLArmors.esp=1
bzArmour.esp=1
T6M Combat Armor NV.esp=1
T6M Gambler Female Suit.esp=1
T6M Wonder Woman NEW Uniform.esp=1
T6M Unique Item.esp=1
Type3MClothing_OWB.esp=1
Type3MClothing_HH.esp=1
Type3MClothing.esp=1
T6M Jeans Outfit.esp=1
MadCatT6MGeckoMetal.esp=0
LingsPrettyThings.esp=0
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp=1
Captain Rex SW B1 battle droid.esp=1
SunnyCompanion.esp=1
Pipboy 5k.esp=0
CoyotePuppy.esp=0
Mojave Nights.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp=1
Delay DLC - TTW.esp=1
NoBlurMenus2.esp=0
fastervats.esp=1
Faster Terminals.esp=1
Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp=1
Ambient Temperature - ITA.esp=1
Bouncing Natural Breasts.esp=1
LingsPrettyThings-TTw.esp=1
MikotoBeauty.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp=0
WMX-DLCMerged.esp=1
WMX-POPMerged.esp=1
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
Dynamic and Rebalanced Karma v1.0.esp=1
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp=1
Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp=1
RaestlozPCIdles.esp=1
[Candora's Box] Maps & Idles.esp=1
ClearWindows.esp=1
Pretty Sinks!.esp=1
Odins Magazines.esp=1
Project Nevada - TTW.esp=1
LFox Bottle That Water.esp=1
FCO.esp=0
Merged Patch.esp=0
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1

You can use a disc-install of FO3 for TTW.

Cool.  I'll have to try it then.  Though I can't remember if I have the DLCs.  For some reason I think I do, but I'm not sure.  Been a while since I last played.

It does require all of the DLC.

I use more SO mods than I think I do (I always forget about Store, Eval, and Check Me Out).  I don't use the quest ones or most of the effects ones.  Kinda conservative in my choices, I guess?

I know what you mean.  Though there are so many good choices.  I try to pick what is most balanced.  Too much going on and my old PC goes cuckoo.

Some on the TTW forums seems to say that the DVD version of FO3 GOTY may not work well.

Thanks for the advices for the mods. Will put the FNV version of USMC weapons (they are great). And thanks for the warning for the Readius (i wanted to use it ...).

I haven't tried TTW.  I have FNV through Steam, but I have FO3 on disk.  I'd have to buy FO3 through steam to get TTW to work?  I've read about TTW, but the concept seems unreal.  Amazing how they got that to work.  Sexout mods in FO3? Yes please.  :)

@nyaalich

You don't use many SO-mods? What?!

I don't use any SO mods and never have... and I'm sure there others as well.

You should use FO3 steam honestly and also make sure you read the FAQ on mods that don't work on TTW. For example Readius does not work at all.

When you first start TTW you should not have any mods activated or you will crash a lot in Vault 101. A lot of people can't get past the birthday scene. The only fix is this that someone made a clean unmodded save near the end of escaping vault 101. 

Guest luthienanarion

Birthday scene crashes are mostly caused by people ignoring the warning about Pip-Boy replacers. Things work fine if you install your replacer after that part of the Vault 101 sequence.

Birthday scene crashes are mostly caused by people ignoring the warning about Pip-Boy replacers. Things work fine if you install your replacer after that part of the Vault 101 sequence.

No it's just from my the pipboy replacers. I had the default pipboy and still couldnt get past the birthday scene. I admit I had like 5 mods still installed (but none of it was on the warning list) so I took the easy shortcut used someone's save. If you don't want to do that Jax said to uninstall every single mod but still says there can be crashing. That's too be understandable I suppose since it's still in alpha. 

The only way I could get TTW to work was to not have any mods loaded until the final Vault 101 scene with the security officers at the entrance.  Once the tutorial was completed I made a save and added the mesh and texture replacers I use manually.  Once I got those files working I added esps/esms one at a time and checked back in-game each time.  The Pip Boy Readius did work.  Aside from the known isssues the TTW team are aware of, I didn't have any problems other than Sydney making my game crash when I got in the same cell with her.

Readius works in TTW, until you get to one of the points were the game takes it off of you. Tranquility lane being the first likely point.

I found it hard to give up the readius so I was stubborn and made sure people just weren't doing things wrong. The list on the download page of incompatible mods isn't 100% though, I use nvec complete with nvce and nachel patch and it works like an absolute fucking dream.

TTW is quite simply THE greatest mods in FO/FNV it essentially DOUBLES the size and potential of the game.

Guest carywinton

The only way I could get TTW to work was to not have any mods loaded until the final Vault 101 scene with the security officers at the entrance.  Once the tutorial was completed I made a save and added the mesh and texture replacers I use manually.  Once I got those files working I added esps/esms one at a time and checked back in-game each time.  The Pip Boy Readius did work.  Aside from the known isssues the TTW team are aware of, I didn't have any problems other than Sydney making my game crash when I got in the same cell with her.

So you got the thing going did you? Good on you, I have not tried it yet, just reluctant to loose mods I am nearly certain will not work, but maybe there is a way I can fix them to be compatible.

Just for your info, i was able to convert TecVault (best "housing" mod for FO3 i actually know) for TTW. For that, i have used the tools provided by the TTW team and FNVedit. I've already PMed the original author for authorisation of uploading my modified ESP. Yes, he is active (mostly in the Skyrim part of Nexusmods).

I was able to get thru the unmarked quest series and beyond without any glitch. I was able to buy the ameliorations of this vault thru the admin's terminal and all the options/extensions have apparead. But there are some glitches :

- you will find some skill books from FO3 that aren't useful anymore in FNV/TTW (they are junk book for now)

- and some .32 ammo boxes (for this one, it's a bit annoying because this type of ammo isn't useful anymore)

- the main glitch is for the turrets that are misplaced (but still functionnal). They aren't attached on the ceiling as they normally would.

Ceiling turrets are treated as proper creatures in FNV and have gravity. (they didn't in FO3)

To get them to hang from the ceiling you have to use GECK and place a tiny collision box under them to 'hold them up'.

(Have a look around at ceiling turrets in vanilla FNV for a better idea of what I mean)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived