Tale of the Two Wastelands ?

Guest tomm434

How's 2.6?  Pretty stable?  I haven't updated since 2.4.

Yep. The still didn't solve the issue when map doesn't shows in Citadel though.

Just like any other mod you have to follow the install instructions.  Read carefully it still requires outdated windows resources due to FO3s age that you may not have if running win7 or higher.  It also requires X64 and X86 versions.  Last I checked all these resources had links in the install instructions.  2.6.3a will not install with NMM apparently the fomod that is created is too large and causes an error message about something or other not being on the (nexus) servers.  I do not use mod organizer so I don't know if it will have problems or not.  If you must install the mod manually do not forget the ini changes.  If you do you will start in Doc Mitch's house and things will be a little screwy.

It works fine with Mod Organizer.  In fact It makes it easier because you can separate the TTW into its own mod installation.  One click/One second enable and disable.  Great for locating issues or if you like to play the pure game without the capital wasteland on a different profile.

I followed instructions down to a T. No, I tried and tried and I always get these damn location errors.

Example: Error. Could not find path: blah blah blah.

Sorry if this is a poor example just frustrated. I dont understand how I could get an error right after the first step. Its very aggravating.

It does suggest that you don't install it directly to the FNV Data folder.  Did you select a different folder or make a ttw folder somewhere?

I'm gonna be "that guy":  You've got a legit copy of FO3, right?  Also, you did right-click and select "Run as Administrator" on the tww install .exe, yes?

Also, per the install instructions:

To avoid known problems we highly recommend building your installation in short file path - C:\TTW\ - for example.  A long file path like C:\Users\My Name\Documents\MyGames\TTW Build\ is NOT recommended.

I have a solid copy of Fallout New Vegas and bought Fallout 3 off steam when it was on sale about 2 weeks ago. I clicked run as administrator yes. For a short path I went into C: and made a folder TTW and used this location for installation. Nothing.

I'm gonna be "that guy":  You've got a legit copy of FO3, right?  Also, you did right-click and select "Run as Administrator" on the tww install .exe, yes?

Also, per the install instructions:

To avoid known problems we highly recommend building your installation in short file path - C:\TTW\ - for example.  A long file path like C:\Users\My Name\Documents\MyGames\TTW Build\ is NOT recommended.

Potentially in any order:

1)  Reboot.

2)  Download the installer again.  When I installed 2.4 I had a bunch of issues because the entire file hadn't downloaded properly.  My 2.6.3 rar file is 187.6 MB.

I re downloaded it off the site and its showing 183 MB. Ill give my laptop a reboot and try again.

Update: After another error I found out it was a MSVP110.dll error. I recovered the file and tried again. After clicking install it showed a command prompt box and says in the installer "Bulding Fallout 3 meshes" Awaiting results.

Potentially in any order:

1)  Reboot.

2)  Download the installer again.  When I installed 2.4 I had a bunch of issues because the entire file hadn't downloaded properly.  My 2.6.3 rar file is 187.6 MB.

Yep.  It's working properly.  Now...prepare to wait.

If it stops in the middle (as in....I've started it before I've gone to bed, and it wasn't past Anchorage textures or whatever the next thing it builds is), you can launch the installer again, and it will pick up where it left off.

EDIT:  When I installed 2.6.3, it took 2 hours.  I've got 3.1 ghz dual processor, x64 win 7, and 2 gb ram.

(Everyone else, quit laughing. :P )

Its done and I followed the instructions to install it via FOMM. Not sure if it worked though because its not showing TTW in my list of mods used.

If it stops in the middle (as in....I've started it before I've gone to bed, and it wasn't past Anchorage textures or whatever the next thing it builds is), you can launch the installer again, and it will pick up where it left off.

EDIT:  When I installed 2.6.3, it took 2 hours.  I've got 3.1 ghz dual processor, x64 win 7, and 2 gb ram.

Yes I did. Going to take a break from it for now. It seems that every time I finish a step that has an error I move onto the next step and something else happens. It makes me feel like an idiot even though I follow instructions precisely. 

Did you sort your load order?

BOSS gives a warning message just telling you that you need to manually check your load order for TTW mods (it always has and probably always will).  Make sure TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm is directly below all FNV/FO3/DLC esms.  The Main fomod is probably best installed with a mod manager but the options fomod I would recommend extracting to a subfolder and choosing the options you want.  Otherwise you will have a lot of esps in your loadorder that you may or may not want.  Backtracking a bit.  You said you have no TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm/.bsa in your NV data folder?  Make a copy of your TaleOfTwoWastelands_Main fomod and place it in a temporary folder and extract the contents.  I will PM you a screenshot of what the extracted contents should look like in a minute.  If all the folders and files are there then I would guess something went wrong during the fomm install.  If you wish at this point you can do the manual install instead of dealing with a mod manager.  If you do that just remember you need to make 2 or 3 changes to the ini file.

Ahem ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just sayn' : Windows 7 64b eats litterally by itself 1,5 GB of RAM. No wonder for the total duration. Buy more RAM (minimum 6 GB in total) and you'll don't recognize your rig, trust me.

Trying to wait for Fallout 4 before I build a new rig (is it a good idea to hold my breath, etc.)...unless they come out with a new Bioshock before that and I can't run it.  Considering the board has DDR2, getting the 2 extra GB (hah...minimum of 6) is aggravatingly expensive.

The idea is to combine both Fallout 3 Game of the year (all dlc) with Fallout New Vegas Legendary (all dlc) using the FNV game engine and scripts to make FO3 mods compatible. Check out their website and forums for the download and more info to get you started. I was able to pick the FO3 GOTY for $5 usd on a recent Steam sale.

• 1 year later...

For anyone who's wondering whether the Readius works with TTW: it does, aside from the following encounters:

-Birthday scene (CTD)

-After leaving Tranquility Lane (PipBoy is added, not removed again)

-Upon reaching the Mojave (same as Tranquility Lane)

But...

post-429874-0-78925500-1436834192_thumb.jpg

Link is in my signature :)

Archived