Companion quest works when I uninstalled SD+ and DA and restart from Helgen.

But this time, Riverwood Stump quest is the problem - Taena said to me go there but no journal update.

Actually the journal named 'The Animal Mansion; Look for work in The Animal Mansion" always never had been updated after installing it.

I just went the mansion and got started - I don't know reason. 

My load order

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
CharacterMakingExtender.esp=1
QuickStart3_NoHelmet.esp=1
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp=1
Kyne's Gate.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

animal_mansion.esp=1

that is simple

you should allways have that quest up, every day. it's a Static quest, it does not advance, it allways stays on "look for work in the....." stage

it is part of the controller,

that quest should show up when you got the dog for the mansion, thats when it becomes available and starts. it controll's the randomness of clients, quest advancements.. etc.

but anolbee, i have beta testers running through the latest version, please do not send bug reports from an old and outdated version.

since my take over i have roughly fixed 80 + bugs, repaired 6 quests, redesigned 2, and made 1 from scratch..

please wait for 0.9b to be released to report bugs.

*to any other readers*  starting the quest  via console can have adverse affects. (if it doesn't start for you, don't force it, it can corrupt your save game)

Many thanks. I'm sorry to bother you.

at the moment, i release updated versions here and there, but that is mostly a 24h grab untill i release version 1.0

Once 1.0 is released will the front page be updated... or rather the download page?

I don't believe jmathers actually has the ability to do that.

1.0 will probably come out in an entirely new thread/download.

@Jmathers

You wrote in post 1817 that there is a mod conflict with "Selene Kate". I found nothing in the animal mansion forum about this. Can You discribe this mod conflict? Right now both are running fine and there seems to be no problem right now. Of course I have not seen everything of both mods and it is possible that I will run into problems at another time. Additionally I found no conflicts inside the bsa-files of both mods; there are no files that will be overwritten by another mod.

@jmathers

Will your release of v1.0 include the script sources? (I presume your own spin on it from 1.0.1 onwards will not, right?)

but now sir, you have my curiosity peeked, you asked for my source code, knowing i plan to expand the mod, and continue it just on another thread.

are you telling me, that my updates are SOO bad, you need to get your fingers on the code so you can start working on it asap.?

if you want me to stop updating.

you can just tell me, i am a pretty open & accepting guy.

i'll await YOUR reply.

-- ALL Updates  are Suspended untill further Notice  --

Calm down :lol: . He probably just wants to look at the scripts to help learn or implement things in his own mod.

but now sir, you have my curiosity peeked, you asked for my source code, knowing i plan to expand the mod, and continue it just on another thread.

are you telling me, that my updates are SOO bad, you need to get your fingers on the code so you can start working on it asap.?

i'll await YOUR reply.

That's a weirdly aggro response.

Just as sky_mds one day announced he was walking away, you may do the same.

Setting that aside, others might be able to fix or optimize code that you can't.

Sheesh, kids. Keep your pants on. It was only a question... :lol:

@jmathers

No, I do not think you should stop or that you do a bad job or anything.

But just as you have your habits, I have mine. And my habits include being always curious how other people do things.

Also, I love making changes to mods I really like for my own use.

For example, before you took over, I went in and changed a few things about the last version sky_mds had put up. For example rewriting some dialogues to more specific to my character, replaced all male NPCs in the Mansion with females, making the 3rd MQ (the wolf one) skip the forced fucking with the companions (always hated that since my char ONLY fucks with animals) and go directly to the wolf banging, replace the spiders in both the MQ and the SQ with DeathHounds and change the quest dialogues accordingly, change the chaurus MQ to be about Abelone wanting to go live with a Forsworn shaman and her pride of valecats instead of falmer with chaurus etc. etc. etc.

Many changes are possible without script sources, true, but not all.

I specifically asked if v1.0 would come with script sources, mind you, as you said that would be the finished version of what sky_mds originally had planned.

Version 1.0.1 onwards with your own spin on it was not up for debate. ;)

I hope that makes my train of thought a little more understandable.

Sheesh, kids. Keep your pants on. It was only a question... :lol:

@jmathers

No, I do not think you should stop or that you do a bad job or anything.

But just as you have your habits, I have mine. And my habits include being always curious how other people do things.

Also, I love making changes to mods I really like for my own use.

For example, before you took over, I went in and changed a few things about the last version sky_mds had put up. For example rewriting some dialogues to more specific to my character, replaced all male NPCs in the Mansion with females, making the 3rd MQ (the wolf one) skip the forced fucking with the companions (always hated that since my char ONLY fucks with animals) and go directly to the wolf banging, replace the spiders in both the MQ and the SQ with DeathHounds and change the quest dialogues accordingly, change the chaurus MQ to be about Abelone wanting to go live with a Forsworn shaman and her pride of valecats instead of falmer with chaurus etc. etc. etc.

Many changes are possible without script sources, true, but not all.

I specifically asked if v1.0 would come with script sources, mind you, as you said that would be the finished version of what sky_mds originally had planned.

Version 1.0.1 onwards with your own spin on it was not up for debate. ;)

I hope that makes my train of thought a little more understandable.

yeah, I also change the mods I like. most of the time just the dialogues/story. in the last version sky released I think I added more that 500 new lines to the story (I like to make my character a real slut :P). sometimes i also do some minor fixes.

My .02:  This has been one of my favorite mods since I first started SexLabbing.  JMathers, please do NOT stop ok?   Your mod is a key underpinning to my Skyrim build and to my character's personality.  I love it and even managed to figure out the initial quest bugs I was having (load order mainly) so that now the mod works flawlessly.

That said, you asked in another post:

ok, so let me explain, i was thinking.. create a story line, where people start aproching you asking if you come from the animal mansion,

later during that quest thaena asks you to take one of the animals you collected, as you go around town(s) / citys, i'd add in small quests, where npc's

would come up to you and ask you, if they can fuck your animal companion that you took with you, after the player then completes the story line, i could script in the option to

pimp out... your animal to npcs, since we have alot of pimp npcs / player out mods, why not our lovely animals aswell.

what do you guys think?

I'll say that I'm not big on that idea, though if it was part of the normal AM questline I'd do it anyway.  My thing is not to enslave NPCs or even have followers or pets (never have, never will).  In my Skyrim, my character is the victim, the slave, the submissive who has a reputation for submitting to beasts.  Her favorites are trolls and wolves and I use Puppetmaster when I'm out in the wilds and want some sexytime with some animals.  Pimping out an animal makes me too much of a dominant for my own taste.

In view of that, my own personal preference would be for my character to be sent on missions where she puts on a show or party for a group of NPCs in another location - somewhat similar to the dog seller and hosteler quests but different in that nobody's buying an animal and the shows happen indoors - maybe in the Thalmor Embassy or the Blue Palace at Solitude where there are large rooms.  The attendees show up drunk and horny to watch the pretty woman do nasty things with 5 or 6 animals just for kicks.  They might even decide to have their turns with the girl after she's demonstrated her skills. 

Alternatively, maybe there's a way to give the PC an animal seduction power (like the shout Animal Friend) after she's finished all the quests and let her use that on random animals around Skyrim rather than having to rely on a different mod?

I realize my tastes aren't everybodys, but you did ask :)  Suffice it to say that I'll keep using Animal Mansion as long as I play Skyrim.  Thanks very much for all your hard work!

Be easy guys, it is a simple assumption to make when someone demands source of any kind. Without any kind of context in the request, his request can come off as offensive. If you don't want Jmathers to be offended when you request something, then perhaps you should give an acceptable explanation before hand. Which you only gave afterwards, what did you expect? That he would not take it as if you thought his work was inferior or something? You left no explanation for your request. As he stated, his imagination ran wild with possible reasons why. 

Hence his curiosity. Don't get butt hurt when someone jumps to conclusions when you do not properly communicate. I might of done the same thing. Also for the record he wasn't being rude. He did not say anything rude.... Some people are too sensitive. In addition if you wanted the source scripts perhaps you should message him in private with an appropriate reason instead of broadcasting it in the forum. Just an idea.

That being said. Keep up the good work Jmathers. Can't wait for the next release mang. :-)

Generally speaking if there is a source code to look into

then if there is something bad or at least something that could be better

other modders can give a hint.

If there is no source files... no one would bother to guess how things are done and what can be done to make them better.

That way for example i provide my help for Zaira, Fishburger or Delzaron and even Sky_mds few months back. i've asked Sky the very same question when we were beta testing v0.4 version "hey, can you send me a version with source files included?"). There was no drama as he knew that i asked for it only because i wanted to help him make his mod better.

Be easy guys, it is a simple assumption to make when someone demands source of any kind. Without any kind of context in the request, his request can come off as offensive.

I made no request and neither did I make a demand. I asked a question.

But alright, let's look at my message that started this:

@jmathers

Will your release of v1.0 include the script sources? (I presume your own spin on it from 1.0.1 onwards will not, right?)

Sorry to say, but all I see there is a simple question. Can you explain to me in layman terms what exactly about this question I posed is supposed to be offensive? Because I sure as hell don't see it. :huh:

As for the rest of what you wrote... since you seem to confuse me with another poster in this thread (at least I assume this is the case because I never complained about his answers, nor did I, as mentioned, demand anything), I will not go into further detail there, as that would likely only lead to a lenghty debate that does not really belong in this thread and would not really serve a purpose either.

One last thing, though:

In addition if you wanted the source scripts perhaps you should message him in private with an appropriate reason instead of broadcasting it in the forum. Just an idea.

Maybe I am not the only person that likes mods to include their sources? Maybe others would appreciate it as well? Just an idea. ;)

@jmathers

i'll await YOUR reply.

Wow dude, no need to get so defensive. A lot of people (like myself) like to tweak things. It doesn't mean what you do is bad. But not every mod maker's preferences always align with every user's preferences. So it's always nice when you can tweak things to your own individual liking. Honestly, there's no reason for any mod to be closed source. And even if someone choses to make it so, there's a very easy to use *.pex decompiler on the nexus that works fantastic. I decompile mods that people refuse to provide source for all the time, so I can tweak to my liking. So not providing source is futile anyway.

Maybe take a step back and stop taking everything so personally.

@magicrealm

I have had this before when you get there if the bards and quest do not progress just use the door that takes you to the animals and put on shows at and run around for a bit then use the door again to come back out this will usually get the quest progressing again. If not repeat when you come back from the animal area they will not be talking but the hostess's and dog will be having sex and once it finishes you should be good to go. At least that is how I fix that spot when it bugs.

Wow dude, no need to get so defensive. A lot of people (like myself) like to tweak things. It doesn't mean what you do is bad. But not every mod maker's preferences always align with every user's preferences. So it's always nice when you can tweak things to your own individual liking. Honestly, there's no reason for any mod to be closed source. And even if someone choses to make it so, there's a very easy to use *.pex decompiler on the nexus that works fantastic. I decompile mods that people refuse to provide source for all the time, so I can tweak to my liking. So not providing source is futile anyway.

Maybe take a step back and stop taking everything so personally.

@volfin, the first thing it should allways be is personal.

but i have to now honestly say, you have just killed any interest i had in continuing the mod.

because you have just told me, that you will NOT respect my rights not to disassemble MY mod.

edit : you seem to forget the mod designers put there personal touch, there personality in to a Mod,

so yes, it should allways be personal.

if you don't like our contents, make your own.