Look, I know everyone's concerned, but give it some time. The mod may be discontinued for now, but it's still very much playable and enjoyable.

Someone has to decide to take up the mantle first, and once they do, they'll need time to be able to pick apart and learn how this mod is constructed so they can build upon it.

As frankmarlowe says. It's not easy just picking up another mod, especially a quest mod. I have picked Animal Mansion apart a few times to make some edits to make it more gender netural but there is a lot of work in this mod. There are a number scripts in this mod and someone needs to maybe sit down, study it and maybe even make a few notes or edits to get it set up in their way to work with. I thought about picking it up but I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge yet on questing mods.

As far as I know the mod is in a fairly good working order but I haven't tested it since about 6.0 initial release. But it's certainly not a dead mod as it has reply value.

Count me as one who really hopes someone picks it up and polishes it and extends it.  It's fine as is, though I ran into some bugs (no pun intended) with the Chaurus quest.   I'm not sure the other two ending quests (Trolls and Sabrecats?) were complete either.  They can be added through MCM, but I'm afraid to bork the mod that way.

Someone also needs to remove any chance of essential NPCs from other quests getting involved.  I had Esbern show up at one of the parties and when I engaged him in conversation, he kept spamming his Ratway dialog.  I had to run off, advance the main quest past Skyhaven Temple in order to get him to function in A.M.

I had my share of problems with this mod, mostly due to my own stupidity with load order and stuff, but I love the concept.

I'd really hate to ask but I've tried everything i could think of. I have all of the required mods I believe. I've ran FNIS. yet there are no animations for the scenes.

its not like the standing mannequins thing, just Thaena idly standing next to her dog when I get back from the first mission. and when i try to interact with the dog, the prompt appears but nothing happens. some help would be appreciated 

Edit: nevermind i handled it. thanks Twycross448 for the tip

Edited by KingM23

I've updated to latest version of this mod and now the party and most private show quests don't work...

If I choose to invite the guests for a party, I get the quest to invite, when I complete that she tells me to come back at 9pm, but the next stage never triggers and I can't do any other quests.  The party prep shows complete in my log, but nothing else shows up.

If I let her invite  nothing triggers and I can try the various options again, private show, something else or party.

If I try a private show, I get the same thing as letting her invite guests for party ; unless it's a companion with the warewolf shag... all other private shows fail to trigger.

The try something else works fine and the main quest seems to work fine, just  completed the refuge quest.

Ideas?

Also recently updated to

Morenastycritters 8.23

Creature framework RC8

Jcontainers 3.2.2

and i think one more but can't recall which.

I've updated to latest version of this mod and now the party and most private show quests don't work...

If I choose to invite the guests for a party, I get the quest to invite, when I complete that she tells me to come back at 9pm, but the next stage never triggers and I can't do any other quests.  The party prep shows complete in my log, but nothing else shows up.

If I let her invite  nothing triggers and I can try the various options again, private show, something else or party.

If I try a private show, I get the same thing as letting her invite guests for party ; unless it's a companion with the warewolf shag... all other private shows fail to trigger.

The try something else works fine and the main quest seems to work fine, just  completed the refuge quest.

Ideas?

Also recently updated to

Morenastycritters 8.23

Creature framework RC8

Jcontainers 3.2.2

as far as i can tell from the source, that specific feature is not implimented.

i've been looking at the source for 2 days now, as i love the mod, but being dead.

i MIGHT pick it up, as i am a Quest Designer and this is right up my alley,

if there is any decent amount of interest in this mod.

but updates might be slow, as the design is extensive and complex, and i don't fully

understand his MCM implementation yet, if some one could help / teach me his MCM method

i could look at reviving it completely.

other wise i might just upload a few bug fixes as i am working on fixing the falmar / chauraus quest

at the moment.

Nvm it was me being a lazy idiot, did not clean my save before updating.

Removed the mod, cleaned my save and resinstalled the mod and all is working fine,

Ideas?

Also recently updated to

Morenastycritters 8.23

Creature framework RC8

Jcontainers 3.2.2

as far as i can tell from the source, that specific feature is not implimented.

i've been looking at the source for 2 days now, as i love the mod, but being dead.

i MIGHT pick it up, as i am a Quest Designer and this is right up my alley,

if there is any decent amount of interest in this mod.

but updates might be slow, as the design is extensive and complex, and i don't fully

understand his MCM implementation yet, if some one could help / teach me his MCM method

i could look at reviving it completely.

other wise i might just upload a few bug fixes as i am working on fixing the falmar / chauraus quest

at the moment.

I think quite a few people here would be very grateful if you did pick it up, as it's probably one of the best animal mods for Skyrim avaliable right now.

I brought the bard, Thaena played with her dog and the quest was completed, but now there isn't option to start then next quest.

Have you tried just entertaining a client instead of the next 'quest'

There aren't any clients.

you have to keep talking to Thaena, and entertain the clients,

after a while you should get a "anything else i can do" for the next main quest.

the progress to that point and beyond works fine.

i'm trying to debug another quest at this moment in time.

although, i could need a tester or 2, for upcoming patches, if your interested.

just save ofen and i can give you updates before publishing them to check if they work 

for others and not just on my machine.

I don't have any clients to entertain!

ok, so i just started a new character for you, blasted through the quests.

when the bard is in the mansion, and the.. love sece is done.

Thaena has "you wanted to discuss something." option,.

then you become the partner. 

after a short explaination, you have a new option "can we discuss our business" as a branch and connected to that

are all side quests & main quests from then onwards

edit ; that was with my modded version aswell. so it still works and i didn't break it *phew*

I tried many times, but still no new options.

ok, so i just started a new character for you, blasted through the quests.

when the bard is in the mansion, and the.. love sece is done.

Thaena has "you wanted to discuss something." option,.

then you become the partner.

after a short explaination, you have a new option "can we discuss our business" as a branch and connected to that

are all side quests & main quests from then onwards

edit ; that was with my modded version aswell. so it still works and i didn't break it *phew*

I tried many times, but still no new options.

It may be something with your save like you missed something or a script failed to action. Try advancing the quest using console comands if not done so already.

I Might add Load Order is important too, try moving the mod down your load order, the only way I can get all the scripts to work is to load it near the vary end <within 10 or so from the bottom, and the ESPs below it are non quest EXPs>

It seems that when I want to do a party, the quest journal won't update and when I talk to Theana at 9pm, no option that I'm ready is not part of the dialouge options. It has worked before. Papyrus attached

When I want to invite guests to a party The quest pop up says 2/3 guests invited when I open the quest Journal, It says 0 out of 3 guests invited. This is also a sign that the party quests don't work

UPDATE: I've reverted to an earlier save and the problem partly doesn't persist. I talk to Theana, Invite guests for a ladies night. I invite 3 housecarls who i've dismissed at the mansion. When I talk to theana to turn in my quest at 4pm, the guests and theana go to the party room immediatley. When i go to the party room to talk to theana at 9pm, she tells me the procedure but no quest update to go to pary room or option to play with the animals. I had to revert to an earlier save, skip the time to 9pm, invite guests and talk to theana to fix the issue

Another problem is that a quest will not start but i still have dialogue to start jobs. When i get another working quest which involves werewolves, i only get 100 gold for being fucked by a werewolf even though i set the basic cost in the mcm to 150 gold.

Papyrus.0.log

post-115197-0-40746400-1425521500_thumb.jpg

post-115197-0-94247300-1425521500_thumb.jpg

Papyrus update.log

I can confirm I've had similar problems to that of thetiger39's. It seems like the quests and dialogues begin to break as you approach the end of the general questline. I began to notice oddities after Jala began working--things like Thaena not showing quest dialogue for a party at or after 9pm, and the inability to engage any of the animals. As with thetiger39, I find the only way to fix this is to load an earlier save.

I've got quite a few mods, so i wouldn't be surprised if a number of scripts were accumulating and slowing responses down. Since this whole mod is pretty awesome, I might just uninstall, script clean, and replay it to see if it has similar results.

Im glad this got picked up, and so quick (I should never have doubted the LL community)

There does seem to be a glitch with parties, and it seems related to jala working with customers

after my first save 'broke' i tried a gain with just using MCM to advance the animals, and parties work - except the final orgy doesn't work quite right (got it to happen once but only once) but I put jala to work for a while, and they broke again (I just reset to an older save to avoid)

I have also had children attend the parties - which seems inappropriate, especially for the female oriented party (although she just stood there watching)

I had other ideas, but you seem to have a full plate trying to understand, fix, and finish this mod all at once- perhaps later

I have also had children attend the parties - which seems inappropriate, especially for the female oriented party (although she just stood there watching)

You have a killable children mod installed which removes the child flag from the children, allowing you to kill the children.