Is the latest RaceMenu version able to replace ECE?

NNS10

Well, since we're at it again, here's hoping someone can address my problem. I've posted it previously a few times before (e.g. here) without any resolution. I'll summarize it here again.

Both the vanilla morphs and the ECE morphs available in RaceMenu (often the slider1, slider 2 stuff). You can turn off the ECE morph, but you can't turn off the vanilla morph, which can result in odd behavior if you want to use the ECE morph.

One of the worst issues I've had is the eyelash ending up on the eyeball (it's really on the eyeball since the eyelash moves when the eyeball moves):

attachicon.gifRM - character oddities.jpg

Does anyone know how to resolve that? There are a lot of features I like about RM3, but there are also a lot of quirks I really hate about RM (e.g. leaving vanilla mapping bugs which cause loaded presets to display incorrect morph sliders settings). However, the eyelash issue above is one I simply can't work around. I ended up giving up on RM b/c of that.

I'll fix that by adding an option to the CharGen plugin to just enable every preset (eye/nose/mouth shapes) for all races. Essentially this is what ECE is achieving with these secondary sliders, it is replacing the old options with new sliders, which is very ugly and hacky Flash side. The easiest solution for me would be to have CharGen alter the Race's morph flags and just allow for every race to use every morph in the first place.

This will solve the preset problem because if the race can use every type, there will be no numeric gaps that screw up because they didn't do the mapping correctly in the vanilla internal menu.

Well, since we're at it again, here's hoping someone can address my problem. I've posted it previously a few times before (e.g. here) without any resolution. I'll summarize it here again.

Both the vanilla morphs and the ECE morphs available in RaceMenu (often the slider1, slider 2 stuff). You can turn off the ECE morph, but you can't turn off the vanilla morph, which can result in odd behavior if you want to use the ECE morph.

One of the worst issues I've had is the eyelash ending up on the eyeball (it's really on the eyeball since the eyelash moves when the eyeball moves):

attachicon.gifRM - character oddities.jpg

Does anyone know how to resolve that? There are a lot of features I like about RM3, but there are also a lot of quirks I really hate about RM (e.g. leaving vanilla mapping bugs which cause loaded presets to display incorrect morph sliders settings). However, the eyelash issue above is one I simply can't work around. I ended up giving up on RM b/c of that.

I'll fix that by adding an option to the CharGen plugin to just enable every preset (eye/nose/mouth shapes) for all races. Essentially this is what ECE is achieving with these secondary sliders, it is replacing the old options with new sliders, which is very ugly and hacky Flash side. The easiest solution for me would be to have CharGen alter the Race's morph flags and just allow for every race to use every morph in the first place.

This will solve the preset problem because if the race can use every type, there will be no numeric gaps that screw up because they didn't do the mapping correctly in the vanilla internal menu.

That would be a great. That would address the biggest issues I have and make me willing to finally switch.

Is that going to be in the next update? Or a few versions down?

RaceMenu has more CTD and bug. So hard to use it.

Most likely you haven't uninstalled precachekiller (should be used only with ECE) and updated SKSE to 1.7.1.

Precachekiller don't cause any problem (i have it actually). For the SKSE, you're right : install the latest beta (1.7.2) and you'll be fine.

RaceMenu has more CTD and bug. So hard to use it.

Most likely you haven't uninstalled precachekiller (should be used only with ECE) and updated SKSE to 1.7.1.

Precachekiller don't cause any problem (i have it actually). For the SKSE, you're right : install the latest beta (1.7.2) and you'll be fine.

Just a note, while there might not be problems with using precache killers with RaceMenu, it's useless as RaceMenu has one integrated already and just adds more hooks to your game.

I would MAYBE switch if i could control the length of the neck in racemenu like i can ECE x3 Though i like vertex editing in ECE more. But racemenu seems to stutter less for me

XPMSE2's RaceMenuPluginXPMSE, HEAD Category, "Head Up/Down".

Thanks! I might look at it later tonight c:

I was pretty psyched to switch to RaceMenu and CITRUS Head earlier tonight, but man, I just can't get it to work acceptably.  CITRUS Head has the clipping eyebrows thing, I've lost all of ECE's body sliders (waist, shoulders, hands, neck length, etc), and the RM vertex edit is impossible (no interpolated radius, can't really figure out inflate/deflate/smooth, imprecise mouse-only controls).  Am I missing something, because people seem to be using RM super well but it's hopelessly unworkable for me?

I was pretty psyched to switch to RaceMenu and CITRUS Head earlier tonight, but man, I just can't get it to work acceptably.  CITRUS Head has the clipping eyebrows thing, I've lost all of ECE's body sliders (waist, shoulders, hands, neck length, etc), and the RM vertex edit is impossible (no interpolated radius, can't really figure out inflate/deflate/smooth, imprecise mouse-only controls).  Am I missing something, because people seem to be using RM super well but it's hopelessly unworkable for me?

No idea, but lowering the strength helps quite a bit. To get the body sliders back, install the XPMSE 2 skeleton with the RaceMenu plugin.

Archived