Is the latest RaceMenu version able to replace ECE?

NNS10

RM can't play this, so only ECE can bring me fun.

ugOZT4y.jpgbZENx8e.jpg0Kf8pGL.jpgZQ54Msc.jpg

So... ECE still my only one. :)

Ehm RM can do that and it can also be used with citrus head and not only with that shitty no poly vanilla head...

I'm not saying "vertex edit", I know RM now can do the vertex edit, but I'm not talk about that.

Well, you can try to do the same like me with RM, but I doubt it did any one can.

attachicon.gif003.gif

attachicon.gif01.gif

attachicon.gif12.jpg

attachicon.gif13.jpg

Same pose, free to move the head.

Well, if you just wanna play the game, sure RM or ECE it doesn't matter, choose what you want.

But if want take the SS, set the pose, free to move the head any direction in the pose, edit the facial,

ECE is way more better for me.

But I must said... RM's edit warpaint system is so~~~ good.

You can use poses, edit the head and move the head in RaceMenu + XPMSE as well. With XPMSE you can select the pose, with RaceMenu you can edit and move the head. If you want to keep the head movement, type "tfc 1" into the console while exiting RaceMenu and it will stay that way.

Great, so we're arguing for the 100th time which showracemenu mod is better.. So who do we have here? An elitist that jumps to conclusions, a selfish private modder who thinks he is better than the previous selfish private modders, and an orange. 

News flash: It's all just personal preference. Whaddya think that one side would win the argument? 

Just want to add on to the poly argument: Just as Mr. entitled private modder here demonstrated, you can still create mediocre characters with high poly. I'm being ironic here but hey come on, he was asking for it.

Amen.

What you speak of is not possible in the game. You cannot have a single nif (that is skinned for animating) at 150 k vertices.

here's some nif that have 150 k verticles

dAkVfp4.jpg

dzrQZEJ.jpg

forgot the body in battlemaiden (that don't change anything in game, it don't have sbp_49)

VadPZjv.jpg

and for the dog, don't worry, i won't waste my time to convert my crap to unp

Just want to add on to the poly argument: Just as Mr. entitled private modder here demonstrated, you can still create mediocre characters with high poly. I'm being ironic here but hey come on, he was asking for it.

and since you are asking for it

if my character is mediocre, it shouldn't be a problem i no longer waste my time uploading the crap i convert for her :lol:

run away, here's some screens of the monster

tyz6bZY.jpg

4K17VrU.jpg

5sjGXMD.jpg

w4x0e57.jpg

0J9m5o6.jpg

o9okavf.jpg

BF3ngcF.jpg

8Dfy7el.jpg

cVY30C9.jpg

oSFmPrc.jpg

unlqbIY.jpg

dR1Cb5Q.jpg

tniRqnb.jpg

fwvlAI4.jpg

eIUuh2H.jpg

Right, I was under the assumption that you were talking about 150k vertices (not verticles xD) under 1 trishape.

Which wasn't what you meant.

I still stand by that having excessive amounts of unnecessary vertices instead of a decent normal map is much more performance heavy and isn't really viable. It's fine for a few meshes here and there, but could you imagine what the system requirements for skyrim would be if everything was a Daz high poly model?

Right, I was under the assumption that you were talking about 150k vertices (not verticles xD) under 1 trishape.

Which wasn't what you meant.

I still stand by that having excessive amounts of unnecessary vertices instead of a decent normal map is much more performance heavy and isn't really viable. It's fine for a few meshes here and there, but could you imagine what the system requirements for skyrim would be if everything was a Daz high poly model?

normal maps can't do miracles

many are wasting 5 fps to make things around their char crappy (dof)

so wasting 1 or 3 fps for 1 or 2 hd outfits shouldn't be a problem

Don't want to pour gas on fire but tktk is back on ECE...

http://skyrimshot.blog.fc2.com/

:D

Some ECE updates would be nice. From what Bing Translator gave me it looks promising, but still not sure what all has been added or changed.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12951It's up now.

BTW, downloading the update right now. May have to do a bit of surgery by moving some textures and meshes within YGnord.

One odd thing I noticed with Racemenu recently is it caused my Skyrim to become unstable. When I was using it with the Extended Sliders for Racemenu, it caused the game to crash whenever I tried to make a female character of any race. Now that I've reformatted Skyrim and started over, the extended sliders no longer show up for any of my custom races, even though they previously did. I love RC, but ECE never gave me these kinds of headaches. 

^

More likely memory problems, especially when you use high-res textures and high-poly meshes in a less-than-optimal PC. You have to adjust your SKSE.ini settings to 768/256 and then add the -forcesteamloader switch to skse_loader.exe.

I dunno man, if I spent $2000 and I havve a less than optimal PC I want my money back. 16GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM, GTX 780 Classified, i7 4770k Processor, etc. Soo I don't think it's that at all. Could be wrong tho :P

One odd thing I noticed with Racemenu recently is it caused my Skyrim to become unstable. When I was using it with the Extended Sliders for Racemenu, it caused the game to crash whenever I tried to make a female character of any race. Now that I've reformatted Skyrim and started over, the extended sliders no longer show up for any of my custom races, even though they previously did. I love RC, but ECE never gave me these kinds of headaches.

You probably need to install XPMSE with RaceMenu options (perhaps run FNIS as well).

I had the same problem with my ECE profile (game freeze when switching to female), and i could pin it down to XPMSE not being installed with the ECE option.

^

More likely memory problems, especially when you use high-res textures and high-poly meshes in a less-than-optimal PC. You have to adjust your SKSE.ini settings to 768/256 and then add the -forcesteamloader switch to skse_loader.exe.

I dunno man, if I spent $2000 and I havve a less than optimal PC I want my money back. 16GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM, GTX 780 Classified, i7 4770k Processor, etc. Soo I don't think it's that at all. Could be wrong tho :P

Even a high-end rig with seemingly bottomless resources can still suffer from problems trying to run the game. Try guk's advice, since I use only regular XPMS.

You probably need to install XPMSE with RaceMenu options (perhaps run FNIS as well).

I had the same problem with my ECE profile (game freeze when switching to female), and i could pin it down to XPMSE not being installed with the ECE option.

Yup I fixed the crashing issue already actually. What had happened was the Racemenu options installed (using NMM btw) were causing the instant crash to desktop. When I unchecked them while reinstalling the skeleton, the game ran fine with 0 crashes after that. Then I updated XPMSE and redid the Racemenu options, it runs fine again now, however the Ningheim race is still missing the custom slider options such as expressions & opening mouth, glute & breast size, etc, but vanilla races all have it. Hell I even tried manually adding the XPMSE skeleton to the Ningheim race and it still did nothing. Racemenu is awesome, but it comes with quite a few headaches. 

^

It is not your computer that is the issue but the game. You have to change the ini file to let skyrim use more memory. If you have not done the SKSE memory patch then that is likely your problem.

Yup I fixed the crashing issue already actually. What had happened was the Racemenu options installed (using NMM btw) were causing the instant crash to desktop. When I unchecked them while reinstalling the skeleton, the game ran fine with 0 crashes after that. Then I updated XPMSE and redid the Racemenu options, it runs fine again now, however the Ningheim race is still missing the custom slider options such as expressions & opening mouth, glute & breast size, etc, but vanilla races all have it. Hell I even tried manually adding the XPMSE skeleton to the Ningheim race and it still did nothing. Racemenu is awesome, but it comes with quite a few headaches. 

TBH i have dumped custom races entirely due to RM3, because you can simply export all the heads from the Ningheim / Lunari / Temptress presets and use them for vanilla races.

But after copying your exact skeleton_female.nif over to the Ningheim folder, it *should* work although i haven't tested this recently. Best ask Groovtama about this.

TBH i have dumped custom races entirely due to RM3, because you can simply export all the heads from the Ningheim / Lunari / Temptress presets and use them for vanilla races.

But after copying your exact skeleton_female.nif over to the Ningheim folder, it *should* work although i haven't tested this recently. Best ask Groovtama about this.

Yeah it would work, the plugin shows you what is capable with your skeleton. What your skeleton is not capable of is not active. if you are missing breast and glute size, you don't have a BBP skeleton, thus you can't possibily be using XPMSE with that race, so don't complain that XPMSE stuff doesn't show up.

Yeah it would work, the plugin shows you what is capable with your skeleton. What your skeleton is not capable of is not active. if you are missing breast and glute size, you don't have a BBP skeleton, thus you can't possibily be using XPMSE with that race, so don't complain that XPMSE stuff doesn't show up.

Yes but the difference is I have the ability of actually looking at my install and know what works and what doesn't. I have a TBBP skeleton for the Ningheim race as I installed the Ningheim TBBP using NMM, so the fact remains there are no extra options for Racemenu. Nothing under Extras, nothing under Expressions, etc so the functionality should be there. I also know what broke my character creator on the last install because I used NMM to uninstall EVERY MOD and when putting back JUST the necessary files for Racemenu, and the skeleton, the entire problem repeated itself until I unchecked the extra Racemenu sliders option when reinstalling the skeleton. So I know that XPMSE isn't working properly, as I can see my characters body movements HAVE TBBP functionality. So I -know- it's the skeleton. Sorry.

Yes but the difference is I have the ability of actually looking at my install and know what works and what doesn't. I have a TBBP skeleton for the Ningheim race as I installed the Ningheim TBBP using NMM, so the fact remains there are no extra options for Racemenu. Nothing under Extras, nothing under Expressions, etc so the functionality should be there. I also know what broke my character creator on the last install because I used NMM to uninstall EVERY MOD and when putting back JUST the necessary files for Racemenu, and the skeleton, the entire problem repeated itself until I unchecked the extra Racemenu sliders option when reinstalling the skeleton. So I know that XPMSE isn't working properly, as I can see my characters body movements HAVE TBBP functionality. So I -know- it's the skeleton. Sorry.

You have a problem with your Ningheim race .. I'm using NMM too (even if the latest version ...) and have those "extras" available into Racemenu. And, all of those options works perfectly. My current setup :

- XPMS 1.93a (not the XPMSE, just the plain regular one) for the (T)BBP

- UNPB BBP Redux

- Nord race (i usually play as a nord)

I have tried the 7base (bombshell or not) and my character, inside or outside the Racemenu) was spinning on her backbone ... Mostly a skeleton issue.

XPMSE is meant (i think) to be used with the HDT functionnality. Maybe it's your problem ?

The ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer might be just the thing to restore stability to your game during character generation even without monkeying around with skeletons and such. 

The ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer might be just the thing to restore stability to your game during character generation even without monkeying around with skeletons and such. 

That is already integrated in RaceMenu. Don't use both.

And the skeleton is an essential part to make your game functional and stable, keeping that up to date is not "monkeying around" ;)

I have Ningheim installed, I also have the latest XPMSE manually placed in the same location the Ningheim package places the skeleton it comes with. I have all of the features you're missing. So it's not the skeleton, it's something screwy with how your installs  of both it and RM are interacting. 

This is only anecdotal, but I've long suspected NMM doesn't always do a thorough uninstall of loose files, maybe because successive overwrites alter the file in some way so it doesn't think it's the file it originally installed or something - I'm not very techy so take that description with a large pinch of NaCl. I  have also had issues with RM chargen presets that have inherited garbled remnants of other presets, like a warpaint instead of a scar, or eyeliner sliders not working anymore - weird stuff. 

When I've had just these sorts of intractable issues, a really thorough removal of all files associated with the problem has resolved it. So if it were me, I'd be taking a scorched earth stance and entirely removing RM, XPMSE and Ningheim, making sure there's nothing loose rattling around. Then freshly install in logical sequence, making sure to manually copy paste XPMSE's gender files etc in place of Ningheim's integrated skeleton files. 

Then start a brand new game with a brand new Ningheim character rather than any preset. See how that goes. Really, that's often all you can do in these circumstances - rip it up and start again

Well, since we're at it again, here's hoping someone can address my problem. I've posted it previously a few times before (e.g. here) without any resolution. I'll summarize it here again.

Both the vanilla morphs and the ECE morphs available in RaceMenu (often the slider1, slider 2 stuff). You can turn off the ECE morph, but you can't turn off the vanilla morph, which can result in odd behavior if you want to use the ECE morph.

One of the worst issues I've had is the eyelash ending up on the eyeball (it's really on the eyeball since the eyelash moves when the eyeball moves):

post-204633-0-70258000-1422409927_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how to resolve that? There are a lot of features I like about RM3, but there are also a lot of quirks I really hate about RM (e.g. leaving vanilla mapping bugs which cause loaded presets to display incorrect morph sliders settings). However, the eyelash issue above is one I simply can't work around. I ended up giving up on RM b/c of that.

Archived