Guess This Location.

I don't know the Atlas name but I think that's east of the path to the Thalmor Embassy, kinda straight north from Solitude.

The mountains don't like quite tall enough... I remember that spot and the head because I keep thinking I can go over the hill there to the caves on the north side and there isn't a way.

My overhaul was "Summer Overhaul" by a Aceeq modding. Suggested by someone else on the boards here but the grasses are generally too long and thick for me. I like the water and mostly just want green instead of white. Shag carpet, not knee height savannah grass.

Thanks,

I gave it a go and it looked fantastic, apart from the mega-grass. In the Reach Stormcloak camp, stormie sat on boulder next to cooking-spit and all I could see of him was the pommel of the 2H weapon on his back.

Tried the Springtime version but that wasn't in the same class. Couldn't find anything else apart from tropical. Gutted. So near yet so far.

There were directions on editing the skyrim.ini file to change the grass heights, but I didn't find they made enough difference. There are also a lot of conflicts with the various USLEEP and Cutting Room Floor changes so you end up with grass through decks, front porches, on roads, and other places that probably had snow (at 1 inch high) and now have grass 3 feet high that doesn't make sense. I really do love all the trees but the grass is just not working.

Here you go.

I go there for the Skooma and the badly crayoned khajiit 2000 septim promissory note.

(It's sort of behind Whiterun, with Skooma dealers/bandits and more Skooma dealers/bandits when you open the chest. From the point of view posted Halted Stream camp would be on your right going forward, (in modern youth speak parlance),  and fecking Silent Moons Camp sort of towards the left).

The log splitting NPC also makes for good sniper practice and fury spell usage. Horse can also be used to take out the other bandit and as a meat shield against the reprisal party when you open the chest if you're sneaky. If you're particularly sadistic but not good at jumping you can ride the horse into the pit at the back door of the Halted Stream camp, but that's just one place I wish I could "liberate" the horse and ride it to a stables and sell.

Here's a shot I took at night. The fog might obscure the second location, but there are two here.

Well because of your global warming mod and the darkness all across the land, the midnight hour is close at hand, I have no idea but I'll venture a guess and say Mzulft. 

Here's a shot I took at night. The fog might obscure the second location, but there are two here.

Well because of your global warming mod and the darkness all across the land, the midnight hour is close at hand, I have no idea but I'll venture a guess and say Mzulft. 

:P 

Nice thriller reference.

I see it now, can I change my vote? 

Bthardamz and Deep Folk Crossing

I must have just missed you, Karlpaws. I was there earlier in the day.

Be careful, it's a jungle out there.

That looks like a Tropical Skyrim mod I tried once. It was rather short lived because you couldn't see 5 feet in places with large leafed undergrowth everywhere.

I don't have any cookies but I do have this nice brochure for a charming dwemer ruin full of treasure.

(occasional earthquake and death of all adventurers who've entered is not the responsibility of management. Visitor assumes all risks. Treasure may or may not be present upon visit.)

I could probably figure it out by cross referencing world walls and nordic ruins near the border but the issue with tropical overhauls, more than just the summer one I used, it that it changes all the trees and I can't even guess which hold you're in.

My memory just isn't good enough to pick out word walls with exterior coffins and pillars. I can see a distant city as well but can't make it out. From the water beyond I'd say its either Windhelm or Solitude but there isn't one near Windhelm that direction.

My guess would be Volskygge, even though it was used recently.

I could probably figure it out by cross referencing world walls and nordic ruins near the border but the issue with tropical overhauls, more than just the summer one I used, it that it changes all the trees and I can't even guess which hold you're in.

My memory just isn't good enough to pick out word walls with exterior coffins and pillars. I can see a distant city as well but can't make it out. From the water beyond I'd say its either Windhelm or Solitude but there isn't one near Windhelm that direction.

My guess would be Volskygge, even though it was used recently.

Volskygge is the correct answer. Sorry, I didn't realise it had been used recently.

The mod is 'Tropical Skyrim' by Soolie plus Tropical Skyrim II plus TSOP but I only allowed it to overwrite anything with words like 'snow', 'Ice', 'glacier' etc. I also reduced the number of trees, via skyrimprefs.ini, from 120 to 20. Still far too many big, daft trees in stupid places. It also changes bears to Giant Pandas which are not tropical or even bears. The good news is that it doesn't have the ridiculously tall grass of the other mods.