Guess This Location.

I found this lovely mod conflict that I thought I should share.

As far as I can tell a bandit encampment has been created ontop of a hidden away player house. The net result being a cute little country mansion that is fortified to the nines. All the furniture and random fencelines etc also makes it a pig to fight in so you spend a lot of time getting shot by archers!

Any guesses where it is?

post-1247392-0-56726300-1493446784_thumb.jpg

Surely, you mean it the other way around. The player house has been created on top of the bandit encampment. Also rain, snow, winds, insects, live animals, etc., will do wanders for those animal wall mounts, mounted on the outside of the house.  

As far as the bandit encampment goes, I'm fairly sure that is a mod as well, but I'll take a wild stab at it and say Bilegulch or Knifepoint.  

I really have no guess since I suspect the house and bandit camp are both mod added. There is a More Bandit Camps mod I use that puts one that might look like that, but without so many trees close by, SE of Knifepoint in Falkreath Hold and while that would also be a nice place for a house, there aren't so many trees close to the camp.

Instead I'll post my own shot.  Who is the boy and where's he sleeping?

post-544130-0-89197200-1493487373_thumb.png

As far as I can tell a bandit encampment has been created ontop of a hidden away player house. The net result being a cute little country mansion that is fortified to the nines. All the furniture and random fencelines etc also makes it a pig to fight in so you spend a lot of time getting shot by archers!

Any guesses where it is?

Forest Cottage, just off the road south of Rorikstead. This is added by Great Forest of Whiterun. I don't know the other mod though.

Any guesses where it is?

Forest Cottage, just off the road south of Rorikstead. This is added by Great Forest of Whiterun. I don't know the other mod though.

More Bandit Camps does add a camp in that area with a wooden wall like that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27574/?

Surely, you mean it the other way around. The player house has been created on top of the bandit encampment. Also rain, snow, winds, insects, live animals, etc., will do wanders for those animal wall mounts, mounted on the outside of the house.

Heh. I didn't make it, just found it.

But it made me giggle so I figured I would share it.

It was kinda silly and awkward, but it almost works - if it wasn't for the schizophrenic architecture and the fact things don't quite line up right you would have a cool little manor house that somebody has built a stockade and watchtowers around.

I guess it also appealed because it was a novel concept. Locations in skyrim don't seem to have that sort of dual use/history. If it's a manor, it's a manor with gardens and stone walls and nobles. If it's an abandoned ruin, it's an abandoned ruin - it might have squatters, but nobody has used it as the foundations for a mages tower or something.

I'm sure there are taverns with monsters in the basement - but they are still just taverns, rather than the sort of tavern-stuck-to-the-side-of-a-derelict-mill thing that happens in reality. Buildings do get canibalised and repurposed, and it felt nice to sort of see it happen in game.

...ops, that was a bit of a waffle/rant. Don't mind me!  :cool:

Forest Cottage, just off the road south of Rorikstead. This is added by Great Forest of Whiterun.

Ah, so that's where the random cottage came from. I didn't think I had added any player lairs.

And spot on. Good catch & serious credit due.

But I like my disorientating maze of undergrowth hell, so it can stay.

More Bandit Camps does add a camp in that area with a wooden wall like that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27574/?

Again, bang on the money. Wow. Camp Steadwatch to be specific, and I am 66% percent confident that it came from More Bandit Camps. It has that  'Bonus bandit base for lols' feel to it.

Folks, I am impressed. It made me smile so I felt like sharing it, but given I have covered everything in bees trees so you can't see much and I didn't think they were vanilla locations I wasn't expecting people to actually be able to recognise it. That's cool.

Somewhere I discovered ages ago. It's in Skyrim.

attachicon.gif20170430134551_1.jpg

Somewhere I discovered ages ago. It's in Skyrim.

attachicon.gif20170430134551_1.jpg

I would guess way up in the NW corner of the map  - either Ragnvald Scree Hagraven Camp or Bthaldamz Outskirts Forsworn Camp. I don't think either of them is on the uespwiki map. If pressed I would go for the latter.

I think I'd say the same. There is an ambush site west of Ragnvald with two forsworn and a little camp, and then a site like that farther up the path but I don't know if it has the goat and ... wood spikes. There is another camp by Bthardamz and a cave that plays in the Dawnguard quest I think. I don't think they're vanilla "locations" or fast travel options so UESP wouldn't have them.

Both close. There's a fork in the path, right goes to Ragnvald, left goes to that camp.

Not sure if it's the camp karlpaws referred to but there is a camp with a troll and a dead bandit/hunter/forsworn or two around there. Don't think that has the forsworn/hagraven totem poles or the hide fence-screen things.

Both close. There's a fork in the path, right goes to Ragnvald, left goes to that camp.

Not sure if it's the camp karlpaws referred to but there is a camp with a troll and a dead bandit/hunter/forsworn or two around there. Don't think that has the forsworn/hagraven totem poles or the hide fence-screen things.

You mean this place just NE of Ragnvald. I was going to post this one instead of the other.

post-224222-0-64366800-1493577105_thumb.jpg

Anyway, another.

post-224222-0-88973000-1493577164_thumb.jpg

He only had 25g in his pockets.

I wander if there are any shoes inside.

I wander if there are any shoes inside.

It's not the one we just had with the fake Legion officer and powerful artefact crucial for the war effort place is it?

Might be some steel plate boots knocking about. Not sure what size though.

Yeah that's the door for Forelhost (word wall up and to the left normally only accessible from the door above... another good place for a ladder and quick shortcut to the boss) but the solder's camp is not there, or just not visible to the left.

The gambler is in Cragslane Cavern, betting on the wolf fights, though it seems they always have only 25g. I don't think they level with you.