I agree with Vachnic, "less is more". :sleepy:

I have to agree (in a way).

From a technical point the expansion of the mod is pretty impressive.

from a practical or usability stand point it doesn't fit as well.

I think what is missing isn't more features but rather better implementation/integration.

The "push button see how much I'm liked" function might seem unrealistic (it is) but I think it kinda worked.

Just talking to an NPC in game isn't going to tell me much about their character as the hints you get in RL just aren't there.

I lol'd a bit when I spoke with that women who sells bread in Whiterun for the first time and she was like "I hope the wilds claim you"...

Wow... such jelly.

Then she still sold me bread even at normal price.

I guess what I'm trying to point out is.

The mod has great functions its just not blended into the world quite right.

If that women was jealous then it would be cool if she some how commented a bit more reasonable then charged me more for produce.

Then if someone fancied my PC they'll comment and give me a special discount.

Maybe it could even go as far as some NPCs to just stop and stare/comment at you or hire hit men or something.

Sorry, jumped the gun saying everything was OK. PC's Sexlab Journal stats are okay now, but the mod still resets stats of most NPCs :) And oddly, for some NPCs stats seems to remain intact (which is why I didn't notice the bug at once). And just as before, the issue shows up for clean installs only: if you just update the mod without making a clean save, you only have to make a reset of Attraction stats in the MCM, and the SexLab Journal stats are NOT reset in this case. As for the randomly fluctuating stats - so far this bug doesn't happen either to my PC or to my followers.

The journal of the NPCs gets reset, because Attraction on reset reassigns and randomizes all the stats (including sexuality - hence the journal change). Perhaps I should create an option that would just check for unassigned stats?

You sure about that? You probably mean the reset function that is invoked automatically in the event of a fresh/clean install, changing both Attraction and SL stats for NPCs. However, when I made a forced reset from the MCM after an "overwrite" upgrade (without a clean save) it worked exactly as I expected both for the PC and for NPCs - Attraction stats got reset, SL Journal stats remained as is. You probably use separate algorithms in these two cases.

I'm not sure whether a separate option for resetting all/unassigned stats is needed - I fear it could result in overcomplicating the MCM. If the problem with resetting NPC stats is of no concern to anyone else, it would do just fine for me as it is :)

Hi guys, 

Now I began to consider another issue:

Are preferences really adding anything? Or was a simple 'attractiveness' model better? I wanted to add visual (color of hair and eyes) and racial preferences to the mix, but now I'm unsure if it would be worth it.

You're doing great job, really, more options add to immersion, although there may be different opinions as to which factors (like wealth or race) really matter and which do not. But I have to agree (to some degree) with what was already said: the mod may eventually become too complicated for the existing Skyrim world, with its limited dialogue options, inability to actually find out (through dialogue) why a certain NPC is aggroing at you, etc.

By the way, I wonder how you are going to implement reputation/fame assessment - without the formal Karma characteristic, as we have it in Fallout, for example?

I would rather focus on implementing NPC/NPC relations and limit the number of attributes used to assess attraction :) That DOES NOT mean, of course, that you should stop adding them right now - but, let us say, 10 attributes is more than enough, I believe)

I lol'd a bit when I spoke with that women who sells bread in Whiterun for the first time and she was like "I hope the wilds claim you"...

Wow... such jelly.

If that women was jealous then it would be cool if she some how commented a bit more reasonable then charged me more for produce.

Actually, there are mods (conventional, NON-adult :) ) which make prices higher or lower depending on your relationship with the merchant. Trade and Barter is one of them, if I'm not mistaken.

A reputation system sounds amazing, but I am not sure if it is possible to just blanket it across the entire world using one set of parameters. Say the jealous example, I can't imagine all women will be jealous if PC is attracting all the men. Carlotta in the game always complain about men proposing to her bugging her, while Sigrid in Riverwood will actively tell female PC to stay away from her husband.

As for over complication or not, that's hard to say. I mean ideally if you are going to go down the rabbit hole with hair, eyes and the whole nine yard it would be nice to have dialog or comments about that like "you eyes reminds me of the blue sky" or "you have red hair that matches your feisty personality" etc.

But that'll probably create a lot more work and content that will never surface unless player is constantly changing their character's appearance.

Height, weight might be slightly easier to mess around with, race could be interesting especially with interactions between NPCs.

There's also the personality/morality to consider since most friendly NPCs are just friendly say Nazeem despite his smug dialog is technically no less friendly than anyone else.

Wow... such jelly.

Actually, there are mods (conventional, NON-adult :) ) which make prices higher or lower depending on your relationship with the merchant. Trade and Barter is one of them, if I'm not mistaken.

I think that one works off the relationship rank which I think is like 0-4

But is is not based on relationship but rather the attraction score.

Not every merchant is Skyrim is my friend so having another factor makes for rather interesting situations.

This was also just meant as an eg not really a solid idea.

I was wondering if someone could help me out a bit. I'm not really sure what numbers I should put in my characters (gay wood elf) attraction list. He's going to eventually marry Ralof (once the civil war is over), but he frequently has sex with the brothers Farkas and Vilkas, Brynjolf, Jarl Balgruuf and well.....others he finds on his travels (he's also working extremely hard on getting Ulfric to give in to sex, so far hasn't happened). The problem is that he thinks everyone is rather......ugly (everyone in the -100's). I believe it has to be the attraction settings I've put in but I'm not quite sure what I should put in.

im not sure what the lust stat means or what changes it. also i miss the stat that told me how attractive i was. i guess the missing self attractiveness when you hit N is a design choice? not sure what for tho. just checking and only seeing my own arousal level when i dont target anyone with N isnt helping me work out if i am attractive. and going into the MCM to find out my base attractiveness and try and guess the actual value, is more immersion breaking. (yes i know hitting N to get a hud type stat isnt immersive, but its better than pause and mod menu). i wouldnt mind a toggle in the menu to show pc attractiveness again. (lol i just had visions of a hud where in first person you see a label over everyone, 'ugly' or 'pretty' or 'plain' or 'yikes!' or 'phwooar!!'

sometimes when someone whistles i actually HEAR the whistle but mostly i dont. i almost never hear it in fact is that same for everyone or just me?

One info!!!

If you are using NMM for installation/uninstallation of this mod and Approach mod, pay attention that NMM doesn't remove Attraction mod from the masters after uninstallation. It will report that it is removed, and it will not show the mod in load order list, but actually, the mod is still there. I started the new game without this two mods and I was shocked seeing Attraction mod listed in MCM menu. Then I started Wrye bash, and the program showed that mod is active in masters. So I removed it from there and started the game again. This time the mod was truly gone.

Also, sometimes NMM will not list Approach mod under installed mods, but it will list it in mod order list. Weird.

First of all, thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate it and will do my best to implement as many of the features you like as I can. Unfortunately real life issues made me drink too much to be able to work productively on the mods this weekend;/ . I will however continue to do so in my free time.

Sorry, jumped the gun saying everything was OK. PC's Sexlab Journal stats are okay now, but the mod still resets stats of most NPCs :) And oddly, for some NPCs stats seems to remain intact (which is why I didn't notice the bug at once). And just as before, the issue shows up for clean installs only: if you just update the mod without making a clean save, you only have to make a reset of Attraction stats in the MCM, and the SexLab Journal stats are NOT reset in this case. As for the randomly fluctuating stats - so far this bug doesn't happen either to my PC or to my followers.

The journal of the NPCs gets reset, because Attraction on reset reassigns and randomizes all the stats (including sexuality - hence the journal change). Perhaps I should create an option that would just check for unassigned stats?

You sure about that? You probably mean the reset function that is invoked automatically in the event of a fresh/clean install, changing both Attraction and SL stats for NPCs. However, when I made a forced reset from the MCM after an "overwrite" upgrade (without a clean save) it worked exactly as I expected both for the PC and for NPCs - Attraction stats got reset, SL Journal stats remained as is. You probably use separate algorithms in these two cases.

I'm not sure whether a separate option for resetting all/unassigned stats is needed - I fear it could result in overcomplicating the MCM. If the problem with resetting NPC stats is of no concern to anyone else, it would do just fine for me as it is :)

I'm not really sure, but I will double check it. There is no separate upgrade algorithm though. I need to split the 'assign_stats' function into separate functions though because it became quite unreadable.

Hi guys, 

Now I began to consider another issue:

Are preferences really adding anything? Or was a simple 'attractiveness' model better? I wanted to add visual (color of hair and eyes) and racial preferences to the mix, but now I'm unsure if it would be worth it.

You're doing great job, really, more options add to immersion, although there may be different opinions as to which factors (like wealth or race) really matter and which do not. But I have to agree (to some degree) with what was already said: the mod may eventually become too complicated for the existing Skyrim world, with its limited dialogue options, inability to actually find out (through dialogue) why a certain NPC is aggroing at you, etc.

By the way, I wonder how you are going to implement reputation/fame assessment - without the formal Karma characteristic, as we have it in Fallout, for example?

I would rather focus on implementing NPC/NPC relations and limit the number of attributes used to assess attraction :) That DOES NOT mean, of course, that you should stop adding them right now - but, let us say, 10 attributes is more than enough, I believe)

I was going to implement a system similar to Fallouts - a crime in a hold would mean a negative modifier to hold reputation, a quest in a hold would mean a positive boost to hold reputation (stored in a faction). Reputation would apply a temporary boost or reduction of relationships in the hold depending on morality of the NPCs (a murderer won't care much for PCs bad reputation for example). Holds reputation would have a small (like 1/10th) influence on general reputation. General reputation would have an effect on all holds (even the ones you haven't been yet too).

At least that's what I had in mind. I need time and space ( ;) ) to be able to implement it.

Wow... such jelly.

Hmmm... I was under impression that relationship affects prices in the stock game already! Was I wrong? Perhaps I should implement it based on attraction then?

One info!!!

If you are using NMM for installation/uninstallation of this mod and Approach mod, pay attention that NMM doesn't remove Attraction mod from the masters after uninstallation. It will report that it is removed, and it will not show the mod in load order list, but actually, the mod is still there. I started the new game without this two mods and I was shocked seeing Attraction mod listed in MCM menu. Then I started Wrye bash, and the program showed that mod is active in masters. So I removed it from there and started the game again. This time the mod was truly gone.

Also, sometimes NMM will not list Approach mod under installed mods, but it will list it in mod order list. Weird.

Thank you for your notification germanicus. I am aware about this, but I don't know how to fix this;/

im not sure what the lust stat means or what changes it. also i miss the stat that told me how attractive i was. i guess the missing self attractiveness when you hit N is a design choice? not sure what for tho. just checking and only seeing my own arousal level when i dont target anyone with N isnt helping me work out if i am attractive. and going into the MCM to find out my base attractiveness and try and guess the actual value, is more immersion breaking. (yes i know hitting N to get a hud type stat isnt immersive, but its better than pause and mod menu). i wouldnt mind a toggle in the menu to show pc attractiveness again. (lol i just had visions of a hud where in first person you see a label over everyone, 'ugly' or 'pretty' or 'plain' or 'yikes!' or 'phwooar!!'

sometimes when someone whistles i actually HEAR the whistle but mostly i dont. i almost never hear it in fact is that same for everyone or just me?

The stats mean this:

Attractiveness means how pretty does one character think the other is.

Lust means how much does one character want to have sex with the other character right now.

Think of it this way - if you just finished an 8 hour sex marathon with your girlfriend / boyfriend, even if you met someone suuuuuper hot ( 11 out of 10) you wouldn't want to have sex with them. You would just admire them. This would be abstracted by the mod as attraction score of 110 and lust of 0.

The whistle sound will be fixed shortly.

germanicus, on 31 Aug 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:snapback.png

One info!!!

Thank you for your notification germanicus. I am aware about this, but I don't know how to fix this;/

this is not a criticism, but info about the mod's or NMM's behaving. Maybe it is not your fault. Maybe the latest NMM version is a bit of "shitty". The previous one, 0.51 was good. This one, 0.52.1 is behaving strange.

ahh now i see excellent! thats going to be very helpful, having the lust thing. its almost always at 0 though for me lol (probably because i am still getting knocked down in fights atm and defeat rapes kick in).

for fame, thats one thing that always bothered me with the companions. i have joined the companions at level 30 or so having defeated dragons, and been revealed as the dragonborn, become thane in whiterun and other holds - basically done a lot of things people will notice, guards call me thane etc and yet when i approach kodlak to join vilkas (i think it is) ALWAYS says he never heard of me! i have lots of completed quests in that section of my quest journal, somehow vilkas went deaf just when i was summoned to high hrothgar by the greybeard shout....anyway i had thought my attractiveness (in the old version when i hit N) got to 94. i had thought part of this was down to some sort of fame measure such as choices in dialogue, and number of completed quests, becoming thane etc. i guess not tho...how do you see fame working? two stats for fame and infamy with different questlines and whether you commit serious crimes like murder adding to each, and then using which is higher at any time to work out attraction? or just a generic fame one?

After thinking about it's really more immersive of the stats button only showing how much the Player likes the NPC but since you gain nothing with this information it's kind of useless or not ? Maybe it would be possible to add an information like "You like this NPC" or "OMG Whiterun Gurad is superhot" when he approaches you ; ). Combined with making some approaches unresistable it would make a bit more sense.

But i also would like to have some way of knowing how much an NPC likes the Player.

As for adding more factors to add into the attraction equation, i like the Idea of adding Wealth, Fame etc. and i would be ok with racial preferances but i think Eye/Hair Color would cause problem with some Custom Eyes and Haircolors .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have uploaded a new version. Only minor changes, but a bugfix to relationships:

- Made sure Relationships only change by -1, 0 or 1. (-2 was possible in earlier versions)

- Changed the info you get when you press the N key. Now you get the info about your own looks if no NPC is selected, and you get the info about how much the NPC likes you, as well as how much do you like the NPC and how badly you desire the NPC.

During the weekend I will concentrate on the Approach mod, unless some more bugs surface.

Hey guys,

I have uploaded a new version. Only minor changes, but a bugfix to relationships:

- Made sure Relationships only change by -1, 0 or 1. (-2 was possible in earlier versions)

- Changed the info you get when you press the N key. Now you get the info about your own looks if no NPC is selected, and you get the info about how much the NPC likes you, as well as how much do you like the NPC and how badly you desire the NPC.

During the weekend I will concentrate on the Approach mod, unless some more bugs surface.

Thank you for the update ylenard,

I just gave it a short try and for me it´s definitely an improvement to get shown how much the NPC likes me. :)

The only thing I miss after the update is the possibility to adjust the preferences for my PC (setting the preferred weight and height) because now my PC isn´t attracted of my once preferred lover (relationshiprank 4) and doesn´t feel any lust for her anymore :( (before there was a base lust for her around 20 even with arousal level 0)

Seems my PC preferences were changed by updating the mod to something else and now I have to look for a new lover my PC is more attracted of :-/

If it´s not too much of a hassle please put the option back in, I like to play it the way that I´m the only one beeing attractive for / attracted by my lover ( and I just don´t like any competition with other NPC over my beautiful hagraven lover :D )

All in all , keep up your great work.

EDIT: 

It seems for me your update might have broke the attrction settings toward female NPCs (male Immperial PC by the way).

I just went to Witherun and checked various NPC (Adrianne Avenicci, Olava the feeble, Carlotta Valentina, Ysolda, Ahlam, Saadia, Hulda, Uthgerd the unbroken, ...) and each and every time my PC finds them very unattractive, wherelse checking male NPC gives back quite attractive, reasonable attractive, ...

Settings are :

SexLab Diary:                         preference female, heterosexual

SexLab Attraction sexuality:   straight:       96

gay/lesbian: 2

bisexual:      2

I just updated your mod without a clean save and ran LOOT,FNIS for users and SaveTool afterwards, so maybe thats the problem.

I will try a new game and report back.

Oh! I used your mod since some version now, and it works pretty well! But i did not realize it was the one responsible for suddenly NPC insulting my character  :lol:

And i think also for two thing worse then insult, there was two NPC from other mods that start attacking my character suddenly, one was a female added by "Populated Cities Towns Villages v.1.25" - the other one is Mistress from "Captured Dreams" mod that attacks me every time i accepted a job from her  :s

If i upgrade to latest version and or make reset of NPC stats from Mod Menu, it should fix it?

Just installed the update... and not sure what i'm doing wrong... but my char is lesbian and apparently she only finds men attractive and does not find any women attractive, even if i set their base attractiveness over 90. Like... she totally feels nothing about Serana, but then I go towards a random male npc and she gets all hot.

Oh! I used your mod since some version now, and it works pretty well! But i did not realize it was the one responsible for suddenly NPC insulting my character  :lol:

And i think also for two thing worse then insult, there was two NPC from other mods that start attacking my character suddenly, one was a female added by "Populated Cities Towns Villages v.1.25" - the other one is Mistress from "Captured Dreams" mod that attacks me every time i accepted a job from her  :s

If i upgrade to latest version and or make reset of NPC stats from Mod Menu, it should fix it?

Had that happen to delpahne (the chick in the riverwood inn thats important for quests) as she suddenly started attacking my PC for no reason.

If you go to the console and select them you can use the setrelationshiprank console command to fix it.

Hey guys,

Thank you for the update ylenard,

I just gave it a short try and for me it´s definitely an improvement to get shown how much the NPC likes me. :)

The only thing I miss after the update is the possibility to adjust the preferences for my PC (setting the preferred weight and height) because now my PC isn´t attracted of my once preferred lover (relationshiprank 4) and doesn´t feel any lust for her anymore :( (before there was a base lust for her around 20 even with arousal level 0)

Seems my PC preferences were changed by updating the mod to something else and now I have to look for a new lover my PC is more attracted of :-/

If it´s not too much of a hassle please put the option back in, I like to play it the way that I´m the only one beeing attractive for / attracted by my lover ( and I just don´t like any competition with other NPC over my beautiful hagraven lover :D )

All in all , keep up your great work.

EDIT: 

It seems for me your update might have broke the attrction settings toward female NPCs (male Immperial PC by the way).

I just went to Witherun and checked various NPC (Adrianne Avenicci, Olava the feeble, Carlotta Valentina, Ysolda, Ahlam, Saadia, Hulda, Uthgerd the unbroken, ...) and each and every time my PC finds them very unattractive, wherelse checking male NPC gives back quite attractive, reasonable attractive, ...

Settings are :

SexLab Diary:                         preference female, heterosexual

SexLab Attraction sexuality:   straight:       96

gay/lesbian: 2

bisexual:      2

I just updated your mod without a clean save and ran LOOT,FNIS for users and SaveTool afterwards, so maybe thats the problem.

I will try a new game and report back.

Sorry for quoting my own post here, but for me it´s confirmed, even on a new game my male character finds all female NPC (again checked in Witherun) very unattractive while getting various attraction levels checking male NPC.

So it seems there is some kind of bug in SexLab Attraction version 12-9-2014.

If you need further information, let me know.

A very general question about the mod.  I understand the basic concept and really like the idea of the mod.  I've been running it for a bit with Approach.  What I don't understand is why it's important for the mod to tell me who I think is attractive.  For instance, the mod told me that Belethor found my PC very attractive and it followed with telling me that my PC finds Belethor hot and I wanted him right now... which really wasn't what I was thinking.

So I understand and really like that NPC's have different feelings towards my PC I just don't understand why the mod tells me what I think of NPC's.  Seems like unnecessary scripting.