Hello guys, new version of attraction is up:

- it calculates Wealth / Power value for each actor

- Wealth / Power influences attraction (slightly for men, more for women)

- everything works for NPC - NPC and PC - NPC (before it only worked for NPC - PC)

- It requires SexLab Aroused now

- It calulates how badly one character lusts for another (how much he / she wants to have sex in the current moment - takes attraction, character traits and arousal into account)

- it calculates disparity between social positions of two characters

It is also required for the newest version of SexLab Approach.

I don't want to sound like a dope but I can't seem to install either Attraction or Approach.  I use NMM and when I load the mod into the manager I get a file in the Miscellaneous section that reads, "Skyrim Wallpaper without Logo" has been added.  This happens with both files.  If I extract them with 7zip I see a folder named, DATA with BSA and ESP doc with each mod name.

I don't want to sound like a dope but I can't seem to install either Attraction or Approach.  I use NMM and when I load the mod into the manager I get a file in the Miscellaneous section that reads, "Skyrim Wallpaper without Logo" has been added.  This happens with both files.  If I extract them with 7zip I see a folder named, DATA with BSA and ESP doc with each mod name.

I think the problem your having is due to NMM thinking attraction is something else, i had the same issue with approach as it thought that it was something called skyrim borderless window.

Just re-name it to something else after installing and if it asks if you want to upgrade after installing one then say no when you install the second

Just install them and rename - they should work correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience. I don't know what's causing it. :(

I think the problem your having is due to NMM thinking attraction is something else, i had the same issue with approach as it thought that it was something called skyrim borderless window.

Just re-name it to something else after installing and if it asks if you want to upgrade after installing one then say no when you install the second

Sorry guys, I don't know why that happens. I though it was because there was no 'data' folder inside before, but now they both contain it. I really don't see what's causing it, and I can't reproduce it for some reason. If anyone has a clue, please tell me.

Just install them and rename - they should work correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience. I don't know what's causing it. :(

Sorry guys, I don't know why that happens. I though it was because there was no 'data' folder inside before, but now they both contain it. I really don't see what's causing it, and I can't reproduce it for some reason. If anyone has a clue, please tell me.

Happened to me before just the way pinky said.

Seems to be a NMM thing.

The workaround is to logout NMM while installing the mods; if NMM is logged in on NEXUS (down left corner of NMM) you will get this glitch (seems that NEXUS is trying to identify the mod and as it´s unknown it just identifies it as another mod known to NEXUS).

Hope this helps.

In the new version updated today, the MCM slider for PC Height preference properly changes the PC preference value but visually changes the NPC preference value until the menu is reloaded.

Start:

PC Height pref. : 1

NPC Height pref. : 1

Changing PC height pref. to 1.1 displays:

PC Height pref. : 1

NPC Height pref. : 1.1

Closing and re-opening the MCM menu displays:

PC Height pref.: 1.1

NPC Height pref. : 1

Also, height and weight prefs appear to default to impossible-to-set values of -0.02 and -2 respectively, though this may be due to adding the mod in mid-game.

Works now.  Haven't had much use with it in game yet, a lot of rejection so far.

I'm getting horrible script lagging when I try to set a NPC's stats in the mod window, even goes so far as doing a stack dump on me:

[08/27/2014 - 05:50:50PM] Error: Array index 1 is out of range (0-0)
stack:
[sLAttraction_Config (10002DB3)].slattractionconfigscript.WriteOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 859
[sLAttraction_Config (10002DB3)].slattractionconfigscript.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 795
[sLAttraction_Config (10002DB3)].slattractionconfigscript.OpenConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 760
[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (30000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnModSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 138
[08/27/2014 - 05:50:50PM] Error: Array index 2 is out of range (0-0)
stack:
[sLAttraction_Config (10002DB3)].slattractionconfigscript.WriteOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 859
[sLAttraction_Config (10002DB3)].slattractionconfigscript.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 795
[sLAttraction_Config (10002DB3)].slattractionconfigscript.OpenConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 760
[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (30000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnModSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 138
[08/27/2014 - 05:50:50PM] Error: Array index 3 is out of range (0-0)

And on and on till I close the MCM screen. This is on a fresh install of the newest Attraction And Approach with a new game.

I have a strange issue with the new versions of the mod (both 18/7 and 27/8) - they seem to reset all my SexLab Journal stats. The issue shows up when I install the mod onto a clean save (when I just put it over the older version, all works fine except the new values like height preference etc. having negative values). I wonder if anyone has a similar problem?

Thanks for the reports guys, update is on the way.

The journal reset, wrong visual stat modification and negative height / wealth-power preferences when updating have been fixed.

This however worries me:

I'm getting horrible script lagging when I try to set a NPC's stats in the mod window, even goes so far as doing a stack dump on me:

[08/27/2014 - 05:50:50PM] Error: Array index 1 is out of range (0-0)
stack:
[08/27/2014 - 05:50:50PM] Error: Array index 2 is out of range (0-0)
stack:
[08/27/2014 - 05:50:50PM] Error: Array index 3 is out of range (0-0)

And on and on till I close the MCM screen. This is on a fresh install of the newest Attraction And Approach with a new game.

I can't reproduce it ;/ . Does this happen every time? On every stat?

What is your version of SkyUI? Do you have any attraction scripts in your Data/Scripts folder from WIP versions?

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Looking through a log from yesterday i have...

[08/27/2014 - 07:19:05PM] ERROR: Property ActorRef on script slattractionconfigscript attached to SLAttraction_Config (12002DB3) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (09000000) is not the right type

Shows up in my log three times and the log is about two hours long.

Can't see any other references and i dont have the MCM messages

My SkyUI version is 4.1, but I don't know about it happening every time, it happens when I use the key for getting a NPC's stats, I remapped it since the N key is in use by other mods, and no, I don't have any other scripts from other versions.

Hello guys,

I've uploaded a new version:

- fixed display bugs in MCM,

- broke MCM down into 3 pages

- added a reset button which causes the mod to assign new stats to NPCs (fixing the negative - not assigned preferences when upgrading the mod without new game),

- fixed the journal reset bug,

- fixed the stray property

- changed the way wealth is calculated to make it lighter - for some reason checking equipment slots is really costly. Right now only 3 slots are checked - body, ring and amulet. Also the hands are checked for a weapon. This should make the mod more responsive.

Hopefully this will fix all your problems. Sorry for the bugs :(

Since I updated to the newest version I am getting wildly changing relationship rank changes... from 4 to -4 more than once, making all sorts of people hostile attackers. I'll toggle that off in MCM for now, but thought that I should post.

really like this mod, thanks for sharing.

Edit: that wasn't a new game, I'll try that too.

I updated from yesterday's version to the newest one without a clean save and I'm also getting the relationship ranks changes, might be a good idea to set a limit in to how low the rank can go so as to prevent NPCs from randomly aggroing on you. In fact I'm getting constant fluctuation on all stats on NPCs. I can set the stats on one of my followers just fine and the changes stick, but on the second one no matter what I set it up to it changes after a couple of seconds, and even if I don't manually set it to anything, it changes after a couple of seconds anyway. I did use the reset function right after installing, maybe it's just stuck constantly resetting? I'll try a clean save.

I rather like the new feature for taking wealth into account.

Is there a way to add fame/infamy? Maybe using achievements?

Some ladies/lads might like the bad girl/boy more than a saint.

On another note.

I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to be or if its just mine?

The stat that shows how attracted an NPC is to my PC no longer appears, is this by design or is mine broken?

Mine seems to show how attracted My PC is to an NPC...which I find odd.

Looking through the MCM menu the new settings for My PC's pref.

Is there some way to not take some factors into account?

eg. I dont really care about the height of NPC to find them attractive.

Miuri (or however you spell it) is short but rather pretty but because of my height pref she's not considered attractive.

This is why i find the "my pc finds NPC X 23 attractive" a bit odd and think mine is broken...

So far seems to be working fine by me now, thanks for the update. I've checked most Whiterun inhabitants and found a few with a -2 (Foe) relationship rank towards me, although they do not seem to attack me on sight.

I suggest limiting the maximum impact of the mod upon the relationship rank to 2 (i.e. it should not be able to turn 0 to -3 or 3, or -1 to -4). Or maybe you could even make an MCM option to set the maximum impact instead of just switching it on or off.

Sorry, jumped the gun saying everything was OK. PC's Sexlab Journal stats are okay now, but the mod still resets stats of most NPCs :) And oddly, for some NPCs stats seems to remain intact (which is why I didn't notice the bug at once). And just as before, the issue shows up for clean installs only: if you just update the mod without making a clean save, you only have to make a reset of Attraction stats in the MCM, and the SexLab Journal stats are NOT reset in this case. As for the randomly fluctuating stats - so far this bug doesn't happen either to my PC or to my followers.

Doing a clean save seemingly fixed the issue with fluctuation of stats, I say seemingly cause the actual problem comes when you use the reset function. After everything was working fine and I checked if stats were sticking properly to NPCs, I did a reset and the fluctuating stats came back. So basically for now I'd suggest not touching the reset thing unless you want to test if I'm actually correct, so you should probably test, it won't affect your save unless you actually save after resetting.

Hi! I love your mods, but I seem to be having a problem.  It's probably me .  . . :/  anyway before the update all three mods (approach, attraction, arousal) worked fine, now I can't even get my PC's significant other to even notice her.  In your notes you said that "Pressing the 'n' key will result in a message about PCs attractiveness. Pressing it with an NPC in the crosshair will instead list NPCs attractiveness and attraction to the PC." the first half regarding my PC works fine but the second half that refers to my NPC dosent work. It shows his arousal level but not his attraction to my PC so it's impossible to tweek the stats in her favor cuz I have no way to tell what his attraction level towards her is to begin with.

Any Ideas? Did I miss something?

Hi guys, 

I uploaded a new version:

- fixed (hopefully:P ) fluctuating stats bug - not sure, because I couldn't reproduce it, but I remade and double checked all the places in the script that could cause it
- made sure relationships are only changed once,
- changed the way wealth is calculated: using onEquip event for the player - like frostfall, stored value in a faction for npcs) to lower the script load.

I rather like the new feature for taking wealth into account.

Is there a way to add fame/infamy? Maybe using achievements?

Some ladies/lads might like the bad girl/boy more than a saint.

On another note.

I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to be or if its just mine?

The stat that shows how attracted an NPC is to my PC no longer appears, is this by design or is mine broken?

Mine seems to show how attracted My PC is to an NPC...which I find odd.

Looking through the MCM menu the new settings for My PC's pref.

Is there some way to not take some factors into account?

eg. I dont really care about the height of NPC to find them attractive.

Miuri (or however you spell it) is short but rather pretty but because of my height pref she's not considered attractive.

This is why i find the "my pc finds NPC X 23 attractive" a bit odd and think mine is broken...

I'd loooove to add fame / infamy to the system. I'm actually planning to implement reputation in my Crime Overhaul mod, but for now I'm working on Attraction / Approach combo, so it will have to wait. Too many ideas, too little time;)

As for the second issue - I'll respond below.

Sorry, jumped the gun saying everything was OK. PC's Sexlab Journal stats are okay now, but the mod still resets stats of most NPCs :) And oddly, for some NPCs stats seems to remain intact (which is why I didn't notice the bug at once). And just as before, the issue shows up for clean installs only: if you just update the mod without making a clean save, you only have to make a reset of Attraction stats in the MCM, and the SexLab Journal stats are NOT reset in this case. As for the randomly fluctuating stats - so far this bug doesn't happen either to my PC or to my followers.

The journal of the NPCs gets reset, because Attraction on reset reassigns and randomizes all the stats (including sexuality - hence the journal change). Perhaps I should create an option that would just check for unassigned stats?

Doing a clean save seemingly fixed the issue with fluctuation of stats, I say seemingly cause the actual problem comes when you use the reset function. After everything was working fine and I checked if stats were sticking properly to NPCs, I did a reset and the fluctuating stats came back. So basically for now I'd suggest not touching the reset thing unless you want to test if I'm actually correct, so you should probably test, it won't affect your save unless you actually save after resetting.

Hopefully this is fixed now.

Hi! I love your mods, but I seem to be having a problem.  It's probably me .  . . :/  anyway before the update all three mods (approach, attraction, arousal) worked fine, now I can't even get my PC's significant other to even notice her.  In your notes you said that "Pressing the 'n' key will result in a message about PCs attractiveness. Pressing it with an NPC in the crosshair will instead list NPCs attractiveness and attraction to the PC." the first half regarding my PC works fine but the second half that refers to my NPC dosent work. It shows his arousal level but not his attraction to my PC so it's impossible to tweek the stats in her favor cuz I have no way to tell what his attraction level towards her is to begin with.

Any Ideas? Did I miss something?

You guys didn't miss anything. This may be an error on my part. Those are two separate issues:

1.Stats display when pressing the button. Here is what I was thinking: It's unimmersive that you know how much npc likes you through some button! You should only know how much your PC likes the NPC! The problem with that is that some players want to know the attraction of the NPCs and there is no reason to deny them that knowledge - you don't have to press the button after all. I'll change it in the next update.

2. Why the PC has preferences at all. The simplest reason is that I wanted the relation to be symmetric. It doesn't have to be, and I admit it would probably be better if it wasn't. I'll cut it out in the next version. I implemented the attraction of PC towards NPC for the simple reason - I wanted to make some NPC propositions (Approach) unresistable (no rejection possible). Of course only in the event that PC is drastically attracted to the NPC and highly aroused at the same time.

Now I began to consider another issue:

Are preferences really adding anything? Or was a simple 'attractiveness' model better? I wanted to add visual (color of hair and eyes) and racial preferences to the mix, but now I'm unsure if it would be worth it.

Now I began to consider another issue:

Are preferences really adding anything? Or was a simple 'attractiveness' model better? I wanted to add visual (color of hair and eyes) and racial preferences to the mix, but now I'm unsure if it would be worth it.

My 2 cents on the matter,

I think you are overcomplicating the mod. I have tried the newer versions, but I found them a bit... how to put this... overcomplicated I guess.

I went back to using the version before you added the height factor, so basically just the weight and sexuality. That version works best for me.

But I do understand you want to factor in more attraction features (wealth etc). And I am mighty impressed with how you have evolved the mod.

Perhaps you should consider a Lite version and a full version? The Lite version would have sexuality, weight,  height and perhaps, if you can manage it, reputation. The Full version would be the version as it is now and any future features you can come up with? Just an idea of course.

I guess what I am saying is: for me personally I prefer the mod to be much more basic. In Skyrim (as in life) I don't care one iota about wealth. You can't buy love ;)

- V.

Using the reset function on the newest version doesn't make the stats change constantly anymore, so that's definitely fixed. As for relationship ranks changing, it still seems to make really drastic changes, I had an NPC that was rank 3 but after the mod gets added it goes to rank 0. I'll turn that off for now, but you should consider adding a limit like other people have suggested. Either make it so it only goes to -2 and 2 or make it a choice in an MCM menu, the MCM choice would probably be harder, so I'd be happy with just a set limit. This would prevent random NPC from getting angry for seemingly no reason, which could break any number of quests.