One thing that strikes me about this is that it seems to be overcomplicating the equation. Unless I am mistaken, all that really happens is the mod computing how attractive the PC is to NPCs, not NPC-NPC interactions. While NPC-NPC romance would be cool, I have to imagine the script lag of a worthwhile system would be more that the NPC-NPC side would be worth.

So given we are only interested in how attractive the PC is to NPC eyes, and the PC isn't normally changing in her attractiveness factors (sex, race, and weight don't normally change), a simple system should suffice. Give the PC a base attractiveness score, and then modifiers based on the identified factors. Which races are more or less attracted to the PC, which sexes, and any other factors that may occur. (arousal? intoxication?). Add a random modifier per NPC to account for varying tastes, and you are done.

Let the player set the factors in an MCM menu, and they can customize their experience how they want. Have some presets available for the vanilla race/sex combinations, and let the player figure things out if they are playing a custom race. Also allows for interesting possibilities like a high elf girl that for some reason drives the orcs wild, but only gets lukewarm responses from her own people and the nords.

Weight certainly does change in a lot of mods - Pumping Iron, SexLab RND, SexLab Hormones for example, and I admit, I use two of those.

NPCs gender preference in SexLab framework changes as well IIRC. Race modifier could be of course constant and factored in, but unless the mod is used really heavily (as in - in multiple Approach like mods concurrently) it wouldn't change much. Not to mention I don't know what is the time cost of GetFactionRank function and how it compares to simple calculations.

I will of course try to make is as customizable as possible within reason.

In any case, while using the weight value to affect attractiveness is a nice touch, it doesn't really make much sense in Skyrim specifically. Female bodies in Skyrim don't really go up to actually overweight levels, as the weight slider mainly affects arm and leg thickness and leaves everything else intact. Either 0 or 100 still look perfectly healthy, even if a slight bit disproportionate.

Maybe you are right, but that depends on what body you're using. I admit, I'm playing with one that is veeery slim at 0 and obese at 100. Am I the only one?

Also, RBS was one of the most promising mods to me. I still hope someone will make something similar :)

Can this read weight from the Pumping Iron mod? Would be awesome if so.

Yes it can ;)

Any chance the N key can be changed in MCM?

Will do in the next version :)

That inheritance issue has been happening since the first versions of the attraction mod. It is a bug that happened before in Skyrim, but this mod seems to potentialize it.

Actually, if there is a mod that completely removes the inheritances, it would be even better.

Hmmmm... I'll look into how it works. Perhaps I can do something about it.

I found the inheritance quest ( WiKill03 ), but I'm not sure what I should do with it. I could add an additional condition that the killed actor should not be a bandit / forsworn / necromancer / whatever, but I don't believe it's a good course of action. Perhaps, I should limit it to relationships >= 2 ?

I found the inheritance quest ( WiKill03 ), but I'm not sure what I should do with it. I could add an additional condition that the killed actor should not be a bandit / forsworn / necromancer / whatever, but I don't believe it's a good course of action. Perhaps, I should limit it to relationships >= 2 ?

I honestly would say limit it to max relationship which if memory serves is 4. It honestly never made sense to me when NPC's left my character inheritance when I did them a job for them anyways.

As for the weight thing, a possible solution and this might way WAY to hard and WAY to much work to do, but it could possible insure everyone is happy and add variety.

Anyways the idea would be to add a list of each race with a weight slider. With a default preferred weight attractiveness set but able to be changed. So something like this

Nord

25 (but has a slider that goes from 0-100)

Orc

40 (slider from 0-100)

Redguard

60 (slider from 0-100)

that would the default values but the slider would let the player then slide them to the weight they want. Letting everyone customize their game and do it by race.

I honestly would say limit it to max relationship which if memory serves is 4. It honestly never made sense to me when NPC's left my character inheritance when I did them a job for them anyways.

As for the weight thing, a possible solution and this might way WAY to hard and WAY to much work to do, but it could possible insure everyone is happy and add variety.

Anyways the idea would be to add a list of each race with a weight slider. With a default preferred weight attractiveness set but able to be changed. So something like this

Nord

25 (but has a slider that goes from 0-100)

Orc

40 (slider from 0-100)

Redguard

60 (slider from 0-100)

that would the default values but the slider would let the player then slide them to the weight they want. Letting everyone customize their game and do it by race.

For now I tried to restrict it to relationship level 2. We'll see how that works. If it works all right, I may then restrict it further.

Customization by race is a good idea. I will implement it once I have all the other features.

A new version is up:

• Added an option to change the function key(n) in MCM
  • Added options to change the amount of Straight / Gay / Bisexual people in MCM. Mod randomizes sexual orientations, but uses SexLab system (in order to work with other mods, such as Aroused for instance). It achieves that by randomizing past NPCs sexual encounters. You may find some NPCs that had no sexual partners yet. Hopefully this will be used by mods such as apropos for virgin NPCs.
  • A few minor changes to the way attraction is calculated
  • added a relationship decrease if an NPC finds you repulsive (which is not too easy to achieve :P You need a really low speech, bad weight and low attractiveness score to achieve that, but if you want to play a universally disliked ugly hobo the option is there)
  • restricted inheritance to relationships >= 2. NEEDS TESTING. If you still get inheritance letters from bandits let me know.

For now I tried to restrict it to relationship level 2. We'll see how that works. If it works all right, I may then restrict it further.

Customization by race is a good idea. I will implement it once I have all the other features.

A new version is up:

• Added an option to change the function key(n) in MCM
  • Added options to change the amount of Straight / Gay / Bisexual people in MCM. Mod randomizes sexual orientations, but uses SexLab system (in order to work with other mods, such as Aroused for instance). It achieves that by randomizing past NPCs sexual encounters. You may find some NPCs that had no sexual partners yet. Hopefully this will be used by mods such as apropos for virgin NPCs.
  • A few minor changes to the way attraction is calculated
  • added a relationship decrease if an NPC finds you repulsive (which is not too easy to achieve :P You need a really low speech, bad weight and low attractiveness score to achieve that, but if you want to play a universally disliked ugly hobo the option is there)
  • restricted inheritance to relationships >= 2. NEEDS TESTING. If you still get inheritance letters from bandits let me know.

Well until I learn how to mod myself coming up with idea's, helping answers questions when I can in threads and offering to proof read stuff is the only way I can help out the community right now. So glad you liked my idea. :)

Question about the a part. The random sexual orientation for NPC's. I understand how you are doing it in theory at least but what are the percentages? and have you considered making them into a slider so people can change it? Also I would suggest breaking them up by gender and maybe by race and gender as well. Assuming that is not to much work.

A final thing about that, would/could it be handled to add 4 sexual orientation? What I mean is this.

Hetrosexual

Bisexual - dominate

bisexual

homosexual

the new one bisexual dominate would be where the NPC in question would have sex with the same gender but only if the other member of the same gender took on the role of the opposite gender.

So for example

2 males one of them bisexual dominate, he would have sex with the other male but only if the other male took the female positions. But the bisexual dominate one would not take the female postion

2 females with one bisexual dominate would be the same thing, she would let the other female preform oral on her and would let the other female use a strapon on her but not the other way around.

If this idea is to much work don't worry about it and I am not honestly sure it would add enough to warrant it but thought I would mention it, cause I could see some NPC's falling into the role, orc males was the first one that came to mind for example.

Question about the a part. The random sexual orientation for NPC's. I understand how you are doing it in theory at least but what are the percentages? and have you considered making them into a slider so people can change it? Also I would suggest breaking them up by gender and maybe by race and gender as well. Assuming that is not to much work.

Wait, did you install the new version and there is no sliders? There should be sliders  :-/

Could you please try on a new game, and / or possibly restarting MCM by console?

A final thing about that, would/could it be handled to add 4 sexual orientation? What I mean is this.

Hetrosexual

Bisexual - dominate

bisexual

homosexual

the new one bisexual dominate would be where the NPC in question would have sex with the same gender but only if the other member of the same gender took on the role of the opposite gender.

So for example

2 males one of them bisexual dominate, he would have sex with the other male but only if the other male took the female positions. But the bisexual dominate one would not take the female postion

2 females with one bisexual dominate would be the same thing, she would let the other female preform oral on her and would let the other female use a strapon on her but not the other way around.

If this idea is to much work don't worry about it and I am not honestly sure it would add enough to warrant it but thought I would mention it, cause I could see some NPC's falling into the role, orc males was the first one that came to mind for example.

How about creating another preference setting - dominance? It would range from 0 (passive) to 100 (dominant) and a value of 50 would indicate pure?

Wait, did you install the new version and there is no sliders? There should be sliders  :-/

Could you please try on a new game, and / or possibly restarting MCM by console?

Hetrosexual

Bisexual - dominate

bisexual

homosexual

So for example

How about creating another preference setting - dominance? It would range from 0 (passive) to 100 (dominant) and a value of 50 would indicate pure?

No I have not tried your latest update yet, was going to later today. Since you didn't mention sliders in your post about the new update I just assumed ... apparently incorrectly there was no sliders. I thought if there was sliders you would have mentioned them. So no worries my bad.

dominance works too I was just spit balling idea's is all and if you like any of them great and if you don't want to do them no worries. :)

Could you please put the files into a "data" folder before you compress it? If you don't, Nexus Mod manager doesn't recognize it and it doesn't show in the mod list. Forcing us who use NMM to extract, and recompress the files. Thank you in advance.

Enjoying the mod, keep up the great work! One question, My followers all have an attractiveness of 2 and attracted to me at -2. None of the other npcs are such. I tried to change it via the slider in mcm but it won't save the settings. Again thanks for the hard work.

Could you please put the files into a "data" folder before you compress it? If you don't, Nexus Mod manager doesn't recognize it and it doesn't show in the mod list. Forcing us who use NMM to extract, and recompress the files. Thank you in advance.

Okay, I repacked the current version (up for download), and I will keep doing that with new versions. Thanks for the tip.

Just dropping in to say keep up the good work!

Also I second changing hotkey "n" in MCM. Thats about it for now.

You should be able to do that in the current version. Have you updated the mod to the newest version?

Enjoying the mod, keep up the great work! One question, My followers all have an attractiveness of 2 and attracted to me at -2. None of the other npcs are such. I tried to change it via the slider in mcm but it won't save the settings. Again thanks for the hard work.

Are they by any chance of custom races? In order to prevent the mod from assigning stats to actors like dogs, trolls and the like, I'm checking whether the race of the actor is playable. Is that the problem?

Haven't updated yet, sorry for that.

I just went on a huge mod culling spree thinking it was SL mods causing my massive script lag. Turns out it was Wet n Cold.

Will download a bit later thanks for the update!

Guest Real

I was wondering if what you're wearing could be implemented into this. Could be as simple as high armor rating is intimidating on a woman but sexy on a man. Or search for key words on the gear like heels/stockings/skirt etc

great mod,

I've noticed that my vampire is set to -2 base attraction permanently ( I know I'm dead, but I'm still a cool attractice vampire) not sure what the lore is on this though. Is this something fixable?

great mod,

I've noticed that my vampire is set to -2 base attraction permanently ( I know I'm dead, but I'm still a cool attractice vampire) not sure what the lore is on this though. Is this something fixable?

You can alter the base attraction of the PC/NPC's on the MCM for attraction.

great mod,

I tried and it resets back to -2, I'm running better vampires not sure if this is the cause, is anyone else having the same issue?

great mod,

I tried and it resets back to -2, I'm running better vampires not sure if this is the cause, is anyone else having the same issue?

I have the same issue, no matter what I do it resets back to -2

great mod,

I have the same issue, no matter what I do it resets back to -2

yup mine to.

Just wanted to sound off on something way too late here, but I hear the "medieval women were more attractive when fat" thing passed off as fact over and over again, as if it were gospel, and I have yet to find any actual scholarly source to back it up.

What society has determined as the "correct/appealing" body shape has and does still change over time, parts of the world plump women are still more desired today.

If we wanted to talk about medieval times then for a start pretty much all marriages were arranged so a womens hips (and thus childbearing ability) would most likely have been of far more interest to the marriage arranger (parents/guardian wanting to continue your blood line) than her face, personality or the rest of her body except for her dowry of cause as peeps were just as mercenary back then.

(Not saying thats correct or anything before some feminists find me)

Just wanted to sound off on something way too late here, but I hear the "medieval women were more attractive when fat" thing passed off as fact over and over again, as if it were gospel, and I have yet to find any actual scholarly source to back it up.

It was the renaissance period and mostly Italy, from what I have read. The reason why it is believed to be true is the artwork of the time when showing women in seductive stances or nude was all plump women. The reasons that look  was believed to be attractive is, to be plump typically meant coming from a wealthier family which meant good breeding and the belief in the width of the hips meant good for child bearing and producing many children.

But no one knows for sure likely why, the only that that we do know is most of the art of the time when depicting women nude or as objects being desired by men where typically of plump women.