Is anything going to be added to already-existing College students? I'd love to see some J'Zargo action.

I hadn't thought of the other students, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to exchange notes, nudge nudge, wink wink.

What is coming much much later:
Ever wondered how you could become a bard without actually touching a single instrument?

With the flute:

"Well, you can play the flute right?"

"Blow a bit harder"

With the harp:

"your tighten your g-string, it is out of tune"

A NPC needs to say these things!!!

I cannot think of anymore innuendos but I am sure there are many more.

I already started the Winterhold questline, but am at the very start. Basically did introduction and got quest to meet rest of the students at the tomb.

Can I still run this mod at this stage or is a completely fresh start required?

I'll give you the usual spiel about how adding mods mid-save can cause problems, just because Skyrim is Skyrim, but it will probably be fine. 

What is coming much much later:

Ever wondered how you could become a bard without actually touching a single instrument?

With the flute:

"Well, you can play the flute right?"

"Blow a bit harder"

With the harp:

"your tighten your g-string, it is out of tune"

A NPC needs to say these things!!!

I cannot think of anymore innuendos but I am sure there are many more.

Ha! Those are funny.

I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with the bard's college. I wonder if there are any playing instruments animations out there...

Now THAT'S an instrument I'd like to play!

You show me your lute and I'll show you my flute...

Hey, wanna play a duet with me? Hur hur hur...

It was Finn's original eight-course fu... lute.

So, the older version (the one on nexus) is the finalized non-sexual version?

I might add bits and bobs at some point, but for the most part yes.

I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with the bard's college. I wonder if there are any playing instruments animations out there...

The mod "Become a Bard" certainly supports playable (and wearable) instruments.  It does not seem to be on Nexus anymore, but it is still available on Steam ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200602183 ).  Also an extensive collection of custom music.

Can anyone explain what is supposed to happen when you "sleep your way" to advance?

The mod seems to be working as intended - started per the notes and I seem to get all the right dialogues.

Problem is - when sleeping with a tutor there is no improvement that I can see. Level xp stays the same, skill perk levels remain the same etc.

Load order set with LOOT and tried even moving to bottom of list but still nothing seems to happen after sex with a tutor.

Any ideas?

Can anyone explain what is supposed to happen when you "sleep your way" to advance?

The mod seems to be working as intended - started per the notes and I seem to get all the right dialogues.

Problem is - when sleeping with a tutor there is no improvement that I can see. Level xp stays the same, skill perk levels remain the same etc.

Load order set with LOOT and tried even moving to bottom of list but still nothing seems to happen after sex with a tutor.

Any ideas?

Hi there, thanks for this great mod.

i have the same problem as stated above. No skill progression in any way.

Keep up the good work.

The skill progression is weird in skyrim - you put in a number that goes into a formula and usually equates to a pretty small increase in actual xp. You build a little xp when you sleep with someone in this mod, but it's not always noticeable. Just like you don't always see any signs of gaining xp when you make something at a forge or swing your weapon.

Or it might not be working. I haven't tried sleeping with someone 20 times in a row to be sure. Maybe I should try that...

Same issue as well no level upgrade for services rendered...

You might want to look at the mod's that add alternate payment for training.

I can't remember the name of the mod but it broke down to sex=1 level upgrade, similar to a single gold payment to the instructor.

The other mod that offered that had it broken down to a once a day with an instructor setup (so you could essential sleep with 5 different instructors each day or until you leveled up at the character level...

But I'll like the way this mod is suppose to work better...

Ya just need the sex=1 level upgrade for said school of magic, and make it so 5 isn't the max you can do between level ups...

Oh and Find something special for sleeping with the Archmage, since he doesn't teach any particular school... There needs to be an incentive for working him over (maybe a +5 to your magic pool)...Which would end up something like sleep with him 10 times and you have +50 magicka over your base.... which would help with casting stronger spells :)

Same issue as well no level upgrade for services rendered...

You might want to look at the mod's that add alternate payment for training.

I can't remember the name of the mod but it broke down to sex=1 level upgrade, similar to a single gold payment to the instructor.

The other mod that offered that had it broken down to a once a day with an instructor setup (so you could essential sleep with 5 different instructors each day or until you leveled up at the character level...

But I'll like the way this mod is suppose to work better...

Ya just need the sex=1 level upgrade for said school of magic, and make it so 5 isn't the max you can do between level ups...

Oh and Find something special for sleeping with the Archmage, since he doesn't teach any particular school... There needs to be an incentive for working him over (maybe a +5 to your magic pool)...Which would end up something like sleep with him 10 times and you have +50 magicka over your base.... which would help with casting stronger spells :)

I think a permanent magicka bonus would be a little too generous ^^ Maybe if it was just temporary like shrine blessings?

This way you also wouldn't lose out on lots of benefits once he isn't available anymore.

jfraser, you mentioned Immersive College of Winterhold mod and this mod lead me to Caranthir Tower mod, both very nice.  The Caranthir Tower has a consume a soul gem an gain xp system, when it happens is gives you visable number in the upper corner.  I bring this to your attention so perhaps your could get some info and instight from that author.  One note talking to Mhoram I was able to go through all the books and semesters without doing any quests or learning.  It happened by mistake, I just kept asking him and he kept giving the next higher level.  No worries though this mod is a welcome addition to my Skyrim.

It does seem a little backwards to me that "sleeping your way to the top" would actually grant skill bonuses. Wouldn't it be more accurate that sleeping with the instructors would make them grade more generously rather than actually teaching the PC anything. For example, needing Illusion at 25 to pass the first semester of classes. If the PC slept with the Illusion tutor 5 times, that could drop the requirement to 20 rather than granting the PC 5 levels of illusion.

Using this method, you could go back to "needing" skill in all schools of magic without having to force the PC to level up with skills they will never use. Also the busy slut could find herself passing all the advanced level classes while still fumbling over the basic level spells, rather than magically absorbing spellcasting skill while having sex. And isn't it the image of a slut who graduated while barely able to cast a simple spell rather than a very skilled sorceress that we have when picturing someone who has slept their way to the top of the mage's guild?

Just an idea. Getting free training in return for sex handy as well of course. Perhaps make it an option in the dialogue ... sex for "special considerations" or "extra credit" will knock off one level from the passing requirements. Sex for "extra tutoring" will give a fraction of a level in experience ... trading sex for real training rather than simply a better grade.

It does seem a little backwards to me that "sleeping your way to the top" would actually grant skill bonuses. Wouldn't it be more accurate that sleeping with the instructors would make them grade more generously rather than actually teaching the PC anything. For example, needing Illusion at 25 to pass the first semester of classes. If the PC slept with the Illusion tutor 5 times, that could drop the requirement to 20 rather than granting the PC 5 levels of illusion.

Using this method, you could go back to "needing" skill in all schools of magic without having to force the PC to level up with skills they will never use. Also the busy slut could find herself passing all the advanced level classes while still fumbling over the basic level spells, rather than magically absorbing spellcasting skill while having sex. And isn't it the image of a slut who graduated while barely able to cast a simple spell rather than a very skilled sorceress that we have when picturing someone who has slept their way to the top of the mage's guild?

Just an idea. Getting free training in return for sex handy as well of course. Perhaps make it an option in the dialogue ... sex for "special considerations" or "extra credit" will knock off one level from the passing requirements. Sex for "extra tutoring" will give a fraction of a level in experience ... trading sex for real training rather than simply a better grade.

Having an entire college sort of conflicts with the skyrim skill system as you get skill by using the abilities in most cases so i suppose we should consider it more along the lines of using the training function (which again streches credibility as handing over X amount of gold suddenly makes you a better Y) in the vanilla game.

That said i do like

And isn't it the image of a slut who graduated while barely able to cast a simple spell rather than a very skilled sorceress that we have when picturing someone who has slept their way to the top of the mage's guild?
from the role play perspective :) and its the sort of thing you might do as a warrior/thief trying to blag your way through for the power/treasure etc

Having...

special consideration (lower mark)

extra tutoring (skill points/xp - from a RP perspective you could pretend they are letting you practise spells on them before/after)

extenuating circumstances (gives you a pass for a test - could use aggressive animations or have more sex acts required)

would be kinda cool

ok im having a major problem,  now that i have the staff and entered the college the quest/book giver attacks ancono and the quest will not continue. also the voice of Moki (cant spell it off the top of my head) the dragon priest is not heard any more while going through Labrynthia, and the spirit/ghost mages did not all appear during the cut scenes. any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

ok im having a major problem,  now that i have the staff and entered the college the quest/book giver attacks ancono and the quest will not continue. also the voice of Moki (cant spell it off the top of my head) the dragon priest is not heard any more while going through Labrynthia, and the spirit/ghost mages did not all appear during the cut scenes. any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Had the same issue with ancono... I reloaded the quick save a couple of times...

I finally got it to take by hitting both the new mage and tolf with harmony.

That got them to leave Ancono alone long enough for him to do his speech and then tolf did the fireball with no affect and told my character to use the staff, then Ancano paralyzed Tolf and then it started working again.

Kinda weird that the new mage has no magic (he kept trying to punch Ancano). And he's essential so when Ancono would kick his ass he's drop down to 1 knee and Ancano would just keep beating on him.

Maybe move him to the library for the final fight that way he doesn't screw up the vanilla games scripts and what not.