This mod seems to have some dirty edits, which apparently can cause skyrim to crash in some obscure cases.

Here's a thread describing the potential crash issue: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1402068-your-favorite-lesser-known-mods/page-5?do=findComment&comment=21516739 (briefly: if another mod applies an edit to a deleted record, Bad Things Happen).

Here's a list of the dirty edits (courtesy of wrye bash): 

•  CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp:

•  UDR: 11

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A7D - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A7E - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A7F - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A80 - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A8C - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A8D - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A8E - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A8F - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A90 - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A91 - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

•  Skyrim.esm: 0F2A92 - REFR attached to Interior CELL (Skyrim.esm: 0152B0 'BrokenHelmHollow01')

The fix seems to be: revert the deletion and then move the content that you wanted to be deleted so that nobody can see it.

is there yet any sex scene? and will there be some monster/bdsm scene?

No to both. Skyrimll told me how to connect Sexlab, so I'll take care of that soon. There won't be beastiality or bdsm at all.

Okay, it has been TES5Edited. Let me know if it still gives you problems.

Also, how do you feel about the message boxes? Do they help add a feeling of time passing, or are they just annoying? 

No to both. Skyrimll told me how to connect Sexlab, so I'll take care of that soon. There won't be beastiality or bdsm at all.

"There is a time and place for everything, and it's called college."

Just saying ..... :)

I agree, and I wish I had the ability to do all the things I wanted to do. I have learned my modding limitations, though, so I'm going to stick to the very basics. You don't have enough mods to work on, Xaz; you should build an add on for this. ;)

I agree, and I wish I had the ability to do all the things I wanted to do. I have learned my modding limitations, though, so I'm going to stick to the very basics. You don't have enough mods to work on, Xaz; you should build an add on for this. ;)

I'm working on making it easier to build bdsm mods .... the next zap release should make it super easy to run SexLab and Zap side by side. ..... or so I hope. :)

I'm working on making it easier to build bdsm mods .... the next zap release should make it super easy to run SexLab and Zap side by side. ..... or so I hope. :)

Sweet! XD

Okay, so perhaps someone can help. Looks like the "training for sex" is not actually giving the player any points toward any skills. I'm using the Game.AdvanceSkill("SkillHere", 500.0) function in the dialogue boxes. They compile but don't seem to have any effect (tested by increasing the number to ridiculous levels). 

Any better coders out there have any ideas?

Okay, so perhaps someone can help. Looks like the "training for sex" is not actually giving the player any points toward any skills. I'm using the Game.AdvanceSkill("SkillHere", 500.0) function in the dialogue boxes. They compile but don't seem to have any effect (tested by increasing the number to ridiculous levels). 

I do not know if I am a better coder, but I have decent "library skills"! :)

Anyways, http://www.creationkit.com/Stats_List suggests that skills are called "Actor Values" in papyrus.

And I am not completely sure but it looks like "training" should be implemented by changing the "base" actor value.

In other words, I would try using GetBaseActorValue and then Actor.SetAV to train skills.

Edit: p.s. here is one way to clean up those dirty edits I mentioned at the top of this page:

Start TES5Edit,

In the Master/Plugin Selection popup that you get when it starts, right click Select None, then select CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp, go OK and wait for it to load (wait for "Background Loader: finished" in the right pane).

Select CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp in the left panel then from the right click menu select "Apply Filter". Turn off everything in the popup except "Conflict status inherited by parent" which is at the bottom of that huge popup. Have it go "Filter" and wait for it to come back.

Right click on CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp and select "Undelete and Disable References". In the popup that asks if you are sure, patiently tell it that you are sure.

Exit TES5Edit and in the popup that results from exiting, tell it that you want to save your changes.

I do not know if I am a better coder, but I have decent "library skills"! :)

Anyways, http://www.creationkit.com/Stats_List suggests that skills are called "Actor Values" in papyrus.

And I am not completely sure but it looks like "training" should be implemented by changing the "base" actor value.

In other words, I would try using GetBaseActorValue and then Actor.SetAV to train skills.

Edit: p.s. here is one way to clean up those dirty edits I mentioned at the top of this page:

Start TES5Edit,

In the Master/Plugin Selection popup that you get when it starts, right click Select None, then select CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp, go OK and wait for it to load (wait for "Background Loader: finished" in the right pane).

Select CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp in the left panel then from the right click menu select "Apply Filter". Turn off everything in the popup except "Conflict status inherited by parent" which is at the bottom of that huge popup. Have it go "Filter" and wait for it to come back.

Right click on CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp and select "Undelete and Disable References". In the popup that asks if you are sure, patiently tell it that you are sure.

Exit TES5Edit and in the popup that results from exiting, tell it that you want to save your changes.

I already cleaned the mod with TES5Edit; the latest version should be orphan-script-free.

I'll look into that script, thanks. Trust the CK to do things the hard way. ;)

i installed the mod but when i enter winterhold college the vanilla quest started.

I already have expert level spells, could it be a problem?

That shouldn't matter. Did Mhoram greet you?

i installed the mod but when i enter winterhold college the vanilla quest started.

I already have expert level spells, could it be a problem?

That shouldn't matter. Did Mhoram greet you?

Didn't find Mhoram

Okay. Very odd. 

I apologize for asking, but I need to cover the basics. Any chance you installed the files into whatever mod manager you use but forgot to activate it? Did you LOOT?

Anyone else able to get it started?

Well i did many tries:

everyone failed but i ll tell you this:i entered the college ignoring a dragon attack.

Just once i killed it, saved, and started again to get a clean papyrus log.

This time worked... and morhan was waiting for me inside the hall.

Can t give more details i fear.

I didn t change anything and for sure i already respected the save/exit/reload procedure before trying the mod.

Well i did many tries:

everyone failed but i ll tell you this:i entered the college ignoring a dragon attack.

Just once i killed it, saved, and started again to get a clean papyrus log.

This time worked... and morhan was waiting for me inside the hall.

Can t give more details i fear.

I didn t change anything and for sure i already respected the save/exit/reload procedure before trying the mod.

In that case, I think I know what happened. There was a dragon attack during one of my tests, too, and no one was in the building. They had all run outside, off of the college grounds, and onto the mountain above the town to fight the dragon. That's probably where he went in yours too.

That's a relief. I was beginning to panic.

may i ask how do i change semester?

i already have many spell in each magic school

I done the labyrintian part

its not so clear >.<

ty a lot.

Just speak with Mhoram and tell him you need more books. :)

My only issue with this is that it requires raising level of ALL spell schools and does not allow specialization, that can jack up your level and if your other skills are not up to par make the game VERY hard. Also i like the rp aspect of a specialized mage ratehr than a generalized one. :)

My only issue with this is that it requires raising level of ALL spell schools and does not allow specialization, that can jack up your level and if your other skills are not up to par make the game VERY hard. Also i like the rp aspect of a specialized mage ratehr than a generalized one. :)

I originally had it set up to choose one of the schools, but then I thought that being archmage should mean knowing a little of everything. But now that I think about it, that's not what archmage really means in Skyrim. 

I think I will go with your suggestion and create majors.