The most often case, why Lydia disappears and a quest marker is posed at or near a giant camp is, because Lydia somehow get the aggro of a giant. In case she is non-essential, and by vanilla settings, she is, the first attack of a charging giant is that power attack, where a humaniod character get´s skyrocket.

I had this often by myself. Dashing through the landscape while Lydia (or any other follower) uses his or her crappy AI to find a way to the player and get nuked by a giant.

To "player moveto" command helps. If she is dead, it will teleport her corpse to you. Then use the console command "resurrect".

Open console, click on the corpse, type the command, hit enter. Beware, she will lost all stuff she had and the systems will generate her default stuff again.

moveto player Teleports the targeted NPC to you. (Works similar to player.placeatme <BaseID> <#> but does not create a new reference of the base object.)

Source: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_%28Skyrim%29

*Edit*

Here are all informations about Lydia, inc. the ID´s: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Lydia

Uploaded Amorous Adventures version 2.06

This adds a quest for Mirabelle at the College of Winterhold.  She is kind of ...

unceremoniously killed off by Bethesda during the Mage quest line

... which is unfortunate.  This gives a little more to her, hopefully.

She is a unique voice with few voice assets to work with.  All her dialogue is pretty much "Hermione Granger" all the time.  Anyway, I did what I could with her.

Also recompiled all scripts on the latest version of SexLab 1.6.

Thanks!

A new quest. This made my day!

A great thanks for your work on this mod!

As a matter of fact: If I was in a room with Hitler and Pol Pot, had a gun with two bullets, I would leave that room, and then find and shoot anyone negative to this masterpiece... though I doubt I would be able to use two bullets.

Best SexLab Framework Mod EVER!

This was impressive when I first played with it on an earlier release, but recently installed 2.5 for a new play through, got so engrossed in Jenassa's quest (without even realising it was from this mod at first) just had to see it through to the very end.

Exceptional work. several thousand out of ten :)

This adds a quest for Mirabelle at the College of Winterhold.  She is kind of ...

She is a unique voice with few voice assets to work with.  All her dialogue is pretty much "Hermione Granger" all the time.  Anyway, I did what I could with her.

Also recompiled all scripts on the latest version of SexLab 1.6.

Thanks!

Is there anything you can do to save her from death? From what i read she was killed so that player would become archmage. But if player becomes archmage she could maybe return and say something like she used some powerfull ward in last second or something idk so she fainted instead of dieing even though everyone thought she was dead.

I really dont want her to die. :D

They say if she is resurected she is calling player archmage so it would be happy ending.

Good day.  Have you ever thought of including Katria from the Dawnguard sidequest Lost to the Ages?  I always thought she was a tragic figure, and I think she would make an excellent lover.  There is already a mod that adds her as a follower, using her own voicefiles,  so I think there might be enough resources for this to work.  I respect your need to be motivated by the npc you work on, so I will understand if you don"t decide to work with her.  I must say your work on this mod is phenomenal,  I have played over 1000 hrs on Skyrim, and I swear I have heard lines you come up with that I have never come across in the vanilla game. Thanks for all the hard work. 

Best SexLab Framework Mod EVER!

This was impressive when I first played with it on an earlier release, but recently installed 2.5 for a new play through, got so engrossed in Jenassa's quest (without even realising it was from this mod at first) just had to see it through to the very end.

Exceptional work. several thousand out of ten :)

Thanks Spaceman, glad you enjoyed Jenassa's quest.

There will always be a little bit of SexLab Romance in the Mod - the Lovers Options is all built off what you did with Romance.  I always appreciate that help starting out.

Thanks!

Do you have to use SexLab 1.6 with Amorous Adventures 2.06? I'm currently sticking to 1.59c due to incompatibility issues.

In theory, 1.59c would continue to work - because Amorous Adventures was working with SexLab 1.60 for me before I did anything with it.

It should work with either - I didn't have to do anything special for 1.60.

I did not test that though, but it should work.

Thanks!

Is there anything you can do to save her from death? From what i read she was killed so that player would become archmage. But if player becomes archmage she could maybe return and say something like she used some powerfull ward in last second or something idk so she fainted instead of dieing even though everyone thought she was dead.

I really dont want her to die. :D

They say if she is resurected she is calling player archmage so it would be happy ending.

Well, her little amorous quest does kind of save her, in a way.  Spirit Mirabelle is just like regular Mirabelle since they come from the same base object.  She does call the player Arch-Mage which is nifty.

Thanks!

Good day.  Have you ever thought of including Katria from the Dawnguard sidequest Lost to the Ages?  I always thought she was a tragic figure, and I think she would make an excellent lover.  

I'll just be honest and say very doubtful I'd ever get around to doing a full blown quest for that character.  But you can always add her to the lovers faction at the console (search this thread, the instructions are out there).

Thanks!

Well, her little amorous quest does kind of save her, in a way.  Spirit Mirabelle is just like regular Mirabelle since they come from the same base object.  She does call the player Arch-Mage which is nifty.

Thanks!

Oh i didnt get to that part yet we only did round 2 :D

Anyway thanks for saving her in a way :D

Good day.  Have you ever thought of including Katria from the Dawnguard sidequest Lost to the Ages?  I always thought she was a tragic figure, and I think she would make an excellent lover.  

I'll just be honest and say very doubtful I'd ever get around to doing a full blown quest for that character.  But you can always add her to the lovers faction at the console (search this thread, the instructions are out there).

Thanks!

Fair enough.  I think your mod is the best companion mod on Nexis, Steam or here.  looking forward to your further work. And thank you.

Thanks once again Fox for another amazing update.

Well, Mirabelle's quest is hardly my finest hour but the assets to work with are thin.  I thank you though. 

I'll see if I can't get something more robust out for a character with more to work with next time.

Thanks!