Merida's Hair

For The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Author: Yoo, Textures by Sayka83 <3

===============================================================

Current Version: 2.14.18

Fixed Weight, Inertia.

OLD VERSIONS

Initial Release

===============================================================================================

Reqs: SKSE

Latest version of HDTPhysicsExtension (tested on 12.29 - 14.28)

===============================================================================================

Description:

This mod adds two hair styles based on Brave's character Merida.

Long and Short version.

REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR SAVEGAME, I WONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER/CHARACTER

According to feedback the mod isnt so taxing as I thought. But if you use an AMD CPU, the warning is still there.

Compatibility: This mod should be compatible with almost everything, but it could cause issues with other HDT mods that use objects at collision layer 10.

REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR SAVEGAME, I WONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER/CHARACTER

Troubleshooting:

"The hair moves in a really weird way / it has a lot of jitter"

- If you are using ENB and an old version of HDT PE be sure to enable "WaitBusyRenderer=true" on your enblocal.ini (not required for HDTPE 14.28)

- Disable Vsync.

- Be sure that your framerate is around 25 - 60 FPS

FAQ:

"It moves to wildly"

It has been fixed as much as I can, now all the sudden movements/wild stuff is because how the player moves on the world, especially when you are loading a distant cell or you walk down a slope or stair.

Complain to Bethesda about how faulty is the way the player moves instead instead of blaming me xD.

"How do I get this hair?"

Use showracemenu or go to the "face sculptor" on Riften if you have Dawnguard.

"My computer dies each time I use this hair"

That means your CPU/GPU isn't powerful enough to run this hair or this hair + the rest of heavly scrited mods.

"Are you going to create versions for beast races?"

Not at the moment, we're busy with the dress / cape.

"The hair clips trough my HUGE breasts!"

*facepalm*

If I get enough requests and if I'm in the mood and if the stars align properly and the great Cthulhu and the always suffering Filler Bunny allows me. I'll do a patch for all your HDT breasts...

"This hair sucks..."

Well, it was done for MY character, not your MMD version of skyrim, it wasn't even intended for release... so... I don't care =)

"Yoo are an awful person! May you fail in all your endeavors! I hate you!"

I know, but you should care about the mod, not the person behind it.

Tools USED

Autodesk 3DSMax 2012 Product Update 12

Havok Content Tools 2013.1r1

Canderes scripts

ActiveType Script

Photoshop CS4

The Conformulator

Notepad o.O

Credits:

ARTAN Studios: They always push me to be a better mole and live in a cave.

HydrogensaysHDT: For creating this amazing plugin, I should build a monument on your name.

Canderes: For his tutorials, his scripts and for being awesome.

Sayka83: For making my job less painful offering herself to do the textures, for enduring my technical rants, for being so nice and so much more...

Blabba AKA "Orange thing": For enduring my punny puns, his support and his madness.

LL community AKA "The forbidden Lab": For their support <3

The silent clicks:......

and finally

Bethsoft: For creating such a nice game and giving us less tools with each release.

• Submitter
    Yoo
  • Submitted
    03/29/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    HDT Physics Extension
  • Special Edition Compatible

great hair, thank you for sharing

I've never enjoyed falling so much. Makes me look like a super saiyan.

a little constructive criticism:

The long hair doesn't seem to weigh enough. It bounces around more than actual hair that long would, like straight up into the air as high as it can

just from running forward.

I say this without knowing exactly how havok stuff works, but if you can increase the weight closer to the head and leave the part at the end of the strands as is, it should give more realistic movement.

great hair, thank you for sharing

I've never enjoyed falling so much. Makes me look like a super saiyan.

a little constructive criticism:

The long hair doesn't seem to weigh enough. It bounces around more than actual hair that long would, like straight up into the air as high as it can

just from running forward.

I say this without knowing exactly how havok stuff works, but if you can increase the weight closer to the head and leave the part at the end of the strands as is, it should give more realistic movement.

You are completly right, the hair needs more weight, but weight is related to mass and gravity. I can edit mass values, but I cant edit gravity since I dont have any clue about how to do it since I cant export a "create world" container that works with HDT u.u

On the next days I will  start to experimet adding insanely high mass values to see if that works since I dont know the gravity value on HDT PE (atm, that "light" hair weights more than 10kgs per strand xD)

Well.... I got a little problem here...

Guess her hair just got stuck in her head...

According to mchaloffvii He had problems with HDT 7B or maybe one of the HDT All in One packages (seems like its collision filters are 0 or 10)

0 means HUGE incompatibilities, 10 means bad luck =S

So, if you still want to use this mod you will have to change the filters on the hair or change the filters on HDT 7B to something different than 0 or 10

How?

"Collision filters and Yoo..."

WOW.

I stopped usin HDT because ->  crashcrashcrashcrash!   Yer hair's gonna make me try the latest HDT n see. .    Have an excuse to finally try out the cloth HDTs now!  They were hawt but yer hair is HAWTer by far!  This is a must.  Woot!

File Name: Merida's Hair

File Submitter: Yoo

File Submitted: 29 Mar 2014

File Category: HDT Physics Extension

Requires: HDT Physics Extension

Merida's Hair
For The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Author: Yoo, Textures by Sayka83 <3
Version: 2.12.15

Initial Release

Reqs: SKSE
Latest version of HDTPhysicsExtension (tested on 12.29 - 14.28)
Description:

This mod adds two hair styles based on Brave's character Merida.
Long and Short version.

REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR SAVEGAME, I WONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER/CHARACTER
THIS MOD WILL TAX HEAVILY YOUR CPU, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
Compatibility: This mod should be compatible with almost everything, but it could cause issues with other HDT mods that use objects at collision layer 10.
REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR SAVEGAME, I WONT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER/CHARACTER
Troubleshooting:

"The hair moves in a really weird way / it has a lot of jitter"
- If you are using ENB and an old version of HDT PE be sure to enable "WaitBusyRenderer=true" on your enblocal.ini (not required for HDTPE 14.28)
- Disable Vsync.
- Be sure that your framerate is around 25 - 60 FPS

FAQ:

"How do I get this hair?"
Use showracemenu or go to the "face sculptor" on Riften if you have Dawnguard.

"My computer dies each time I use this hair"
That means your CPU/GPU isn't powerful enough to run this hair or this hair + the rest of heavly scrited mods.

"Are you going to create versions for beast races?"
Not at the moment, we're busy with the dress / cape.

"The hair clips trough my HUGE breasts!"
*facepalm*
If I get enough requests and if I'm in the mood and if the stars align properly and the great Cthulhu and the always suffering Filler Bunny allows me. I'll do a patch for all your HDT breasts...

"This hair sucks..."
Well, it was done for MY character, not your MMD version of skyrim, it wasn't even intended for release... so... I don't care =)

"Yoo are an awful person! May you fail in all your endeavors! I hate you!"
I know, but you should care about the mod, not the person behind it.
Tools USED

Autodesk 3DSMax 2012 Product Update 12
Havok Content Tools 2013.1r1
Canderes scripts
ActiveType Script
Photoshop CS4
The Conformulator
Notepad o.O
Credits:
ARTAN Studios: They always push me to be a better mole and live in a cave.
HydrogensaysHDT: For creating this amazing plugin, I should build a monument on your name.
Canderes: For his tutorials, his scripts and for being awesome.
Sayka83: For making my job less painful offering herself to do the textures, for enduring my technical rants, for being so nice and so much more...
Blabba AKA "Orange thing": For enduring my punny puns, his support and his madness.
LL community AKA "The forbidden Lab": For their support <3
The silent clicks:......
and finally
Bethsoft: For creating such a nice game and giving us less tools with each release.

download.png
Click here to download this file

Hi Yoo,

big thanks for this great mod.

My Char just waiting for a head banging dance mod.
Since there is no head banging mod, she will thank you with another dance.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kozqx_big-thanks-yoo-for-this-great-hair-mod_videogames

PS:
If sometime a head banging mod exists, I open in Skyrim a rock concert hall.
And the gray beards are the opening act - as ZZ Top.  :lol:

I posted on Nexus as well but will post more here. Great mod and great work. I do agree I think the hair needs a bit more weight as it seems to bounce around a bit to much.

Also any chance you might want to do all the vanilla hairs as well? :)

Really love this hair mod, i was unsure at first, but decided to install all the required files and give it a go. Now it's just one of those mods that you can never go without cause you can't unsee how cool Skyrim is with it enabled. Hope you make more!

UPDATE!

Current version: 2.14.18

(if someone is interested in knowing the reason of such arbitrary numbers, they mean the number of the Max Scene used for havok setup, the "2" means that is the second version of the Mesh)