I tested newest version of Apropos, and i found that adjusting "Player Font Size" on MCM menu doesn't work. (it doesn't save other than player font size of 20)

I've never looked at that - so if it was reported before I'm sorry.

I tested newest version of Apropos, and i found that adjusting "Player Font Size" on MCM menu doesn't work. (it doesn't save other than player font size of 20)

I've never looked at that - so if it was reported before I'm sorry.

Oh, you don't have to feel sorry for that.

For me, apropos is the best mod for me, so i always appreciate you for making this mod.

It will be great if you fix that bug on the next version. :)

New version of Classic:

1. Fix detection of DremoraRace

2. A little code cleanup.

3. Add support for Apropos descriptions for stages 8-13.

4. Add MCM support for toggling stages 8-13.

5. Add support for MMF, MMMF, MMMMF, MMMMMF descriptions

6. Add descriptions for MMF, MMMF, MMMMF (non-consensual).

7. Add Synonym: {OPENING} -> opening, hole, orifice, passage. Needed to write descriptions where the body part is non-deterministic.

8. Add Synonym: {QUIVERING} -> quivering, trembling, shaking, unsteady, twitching, hesitant, shuddering, quaking, shivering.

9. Add Synonym: {HORNY} -> lustful, horny, eager, demanding, aroused, excited, lecherous, lewd, rabid

10. Add Synonym: {GENWT} -> sore, abused, tender, gaping, used, raw, stretched, flooded, saturated, swollen, pliant, tingling, burning. Used to describe, Generally, the Wear and Tear during a scene, unrelated to the actual W&T state of the actor. Useful in non-consensual descriptions, particularly gangbangs (e.g. MMMF)

11. Added 'Using file <path>' output to Apropos Log   :D

Thanks a lot for that one, that's going to make one feature a lot easier to implement.

Also noticed the file_layout_scheme included in the new db... so you're planning to use _Rape to mean the PC is being raped, and _Victim to mean the PC is the rapist, and then ordering the character tags so whoever is receiving is first? That would give us all the control we need at the database level, but do you have a way to determine who's doing what from Sexlab now? I thought that was the limiting factor on F/F and aggressive PC's before.

Anyway, I had to fix up a few things in the editor to handle stages with more than two digits in the name and add all the MnF tags, so I'll have a new release posted in a couple hours with a few new features to boot.

Could someone please tell me which of the files on the download page I need to get? The one that ends with '1', the '2' one or both files? Thanks!

The one with the later date is the one you want. The _1 or _2, etc suffixes are part of a system to number multiple releases that might concur on a single day.

New version of Classic:

1. Fix detection of DremoraRace

2. A little code cleanup.

3. Add support for Apropos descriptions for stages 8-13.

4. Add MCM support for toggling stages 8-13.

5. Add support for MMF, MMMF, MMMMF, MMMMMF descriptions

6. Add descriptions for MMF, MMMF, MMMMF (non-consensual).

7. Add Synonym: {OPENING} -> opening, hole, orifice, passage. Needed to write descriptions where the body part is non-deterministic.

8. Add Synonym: {QUIVERING} -> quivering, trembling, shaking, unsteady, twitching, hesitant, shuddering, quaking, shivering.

9. Add Synonym: {HORNY} -> lustful, horny, eager, demanding, aroused, excited, lecherous, lewd, rabid

10. Add Synonym: {GENWT} -> sore, abused, tender, gaping, used, raw, stretched, flooded, saturated, swollen, pliant, tingling, burning. Used to describe, Generally, the Wear and Tear during a scene, unrelated to the actual W&T state of the actor. Useful in non-consensual descriptions, particularly gangbangs (e.g. MMMF)

11. Added 'Using file <path>' output to Apropos Log   :D

Thanks a lot for that one, that's going to make one feature a lot easier to implement.

Also noticed the file_layout_scheme included in the new db... so you're planning to use _Rape to mean the PC is being raped, and _Victim to mean the PC is the rapist, and then ordering the character tags so whoever is receiving is first? That would give us all the control we need at the database level, but do you have a way to determine who's doing what from Sexlab now? I thought that was the limiting factor on F/F and aggressive PC's before.

Anyway, I had to fix up a few things in the editor to handle stages with more than two digits in the name and add all the MnF tags, so I'll have a new release posted in a couple hours with a few new features to boot.

That file is an old but probably still relevant idea of a new layout for the next post-Classic version of Apropos.

new layout.7z

Wondering if it is possible to create unique animation messages for estrus animations. I have them registered as Sexlab animations and as they play apropos shows them on console as 'EstrusTentacleSide' and 'EstrusTentacleDouble'. I have created the folders for them using those names that were shown on the console and added them to the unique animations list (I have done this before many times successfully), however apropos won't recognize them as unique animations ingame in console. Just wondering if they have some different animation name like the zaz animations have Zap<animationname> (Zap is not displayed in the console animation name).

Question:

I tried repurposing the FemaleActor_male MMF, MMMF and MMMF descriptions to MaleActor_female, but when my male player and a follower male NPC did an MMF on a female NPC (through Sexlab Defeat), the Apropos description that came up was only the usual single MaleActor_female vaginal rape ones.

I have a request for something I'd like to do with CCAS:

One of the things I did for CCAS was to seed the Sexlab stats for each scenario. For example, if the player picked an "enslaved to wolf" scenario, the player would have a higher rate of creature sex stats, symbolizing a history of sex with a wolf.

If it is possible, I'd like to do the same with wear and tear values. I've tried looking at the sources, but I'm having a tough time figuring out what I'd need to do to add dependency-free W&T values to the CCAS starts. I understand you've moved away from storageutil to jcontainers, but I don't know what the values are, much less how to manipulate them.

As I understand it, all I'd need to do is something like:

form.SetInt(playerref, "variable", integer)

where form is... something? and "variable" is vaginal, oral, etc. and "integer" is the amount to set it to.

But I'm sure that's an oversimplification and missing some important parts.

Any help you could provide would be very welcome. :)

I have a request for something I'd like to do with CCAS:

One of the things I did for CCAS was to seed the Sexlab stats for each scenario. For example, if the player picked an "enslaved to wolf" scenario, the player would have a higher rate of creature sex stats, symbolizing a history of sex with a wolf.

If it is possible, I'd like to do the same with wear and tear values. I've tried looking at the sources, but I'm having a tough time figuring out what I'd need to do to add dependency-free W&T values to the CCAS starts. I understand you've moved away from storageutil to jcontainers, but I don't know what the values are, much less how to manipulate them.

As I understand it, all I'd need to do is something like:

form.SetInt(playerref, "variable", integer)

where form is... something? and "variable" is vaginal, oral, etc. and "integer" is the amount to set it to.

But I'm sure that's an oversimplification and missing some important parts.

Any help you could provide would be very welcome. :)

That's an interesting challenge. I wish it were easier to do. Basically W&T is implemented by associating one of twenty floating instances of AproposActorAlias (derives from ReferenceAlias) when the actor needs to be tracked, and setting the values there.

So you would have to do something like this:

1. AproposActorAlias alias = Apropos.TrackActor(PlayerRef)

That searches to see if the actor passed in isn't already tracked, and if not, starts tracking the actor, returning the Alias, otherwise it returns the found Alias.

2. I use the Papyrus State system, so the Alias goes into the "TrackingWearAndTear" before returning.

3. Call the  methods on Apropos for applying wear & tear:

ApplyVaginalWearAndTear(Actor anActor, string damageClass, Bool isRapeOrAggressive, Bool isDaedricCreatureOrDremora, Bool isCreature)
ApplyAnalWearAndTear(Actor anActor, string damageClass, Bool isRapeOrAggressive, Bool isDaedricCreatureOrDremora, Bool isCreature)
ApplyOralWearAndTear(Actor anActor, string damageClass, Bool isRapeOrAggressive, Bool isDaedricCreatureOrDremora, Bool isCreature)

Examples of calling:

Apropos.ApplyVaginalWearAndTear(PlayerRef, "Human", isPrimaryVictim || isAggressive, isDremora, False)

Apropos.ApplyAnalWearAndTear(PlayerRef, creatureType, isPrimaryVictim || isAggressive, isDaedric, True)

where creatureType is from:

String creatureType = AproposCommon.GetCreatureFromAnimation(animation)

I'm not sure how you might organize all these calls in your code. I could possibly provide a Facade wrapper to allow external code to setup easier...

That's an interesting challenge.

*snip*

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHokay...

Aside from the immediate atavistic spinal shudder at the word "alias" -

Wouldn't I have to make Apropos a dependency in that case? Or is this basically self-contained:

Apropos.ApplyVaginalWearAndTear(PlayerRef, "Human", isPrimaryVictim || isAggressive, isDremora, False)
Apropos.ApplyAnalWearAndTear(PlayerRef, creatureType, isPrimaryVictim || isAggressive, isDaedric, True)

Otherwise I think I'd need to do something like this:

alias AproposActorAlias = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x?????, "apropos.esp) as alias
AproposActorAlias alias = Apropos.TrackActor(PlayerRef)

And what strings are valid for creatureType? Never mind, found it in AproposCommon.psc.

Heh... I forgot SL differentiates between spiders and big spiders.

I could possibly provide a Facade wrapper to allow external code to setup easier...

A modevent would be ideal (ideal for me - easier on me, harder on you), or I think I can just call a wrapper function if I have the source files?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a sheer novice when it comes to papyrus (and high-level programming in general).

That's an interesting challenge.

*snip*

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHokay...

Aside from the immediate atavistic spinal shudder at the word "alias" -

Wouldn't I have to make Apropos a dependency in that case? Or is this basically self-contained:

Apropos.ApplyAnalWearAndTear(PlayerRef, creatureType, isPrimaryVictim || isAggressive, isDaedric, True)

Otherwise I think I'd need to do something like this:

alias AproposActorAlias = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x?????, "apropos.esp) as alias
AproposActorAlias alias = Apropos.TrackActor(PlayerRef)

And what strings are valid for creatureType? Never mind, found it in AproposCommon.psc.

Heh... I forgot SL differentiates between spiders and big spiders.

I could possibly provide a Facade wrapper to allow external code to setup easier...

A modevent would be ideal (ideal for me - easier on me, harder on you), or I think I can just call a wrapper function if I have the source files?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a sheer novice when it comes to papyrus (and high-level programming in general).

ModEvent would probably work.

Question:

I tried repurposing the FemaleActor_male MMF, MMMF and MMMF descriptions to MaleActor_female, but when my male player and a follower male NPC did an MMF on a female NPC (through Sexlab Defeat), the Apropos description that came up was only the usual single MaleActor_female vaginal rape ones.

Derp (my fault)- these animations are only support for Female PC.

Wondering if it is possible to create unique animation messages for estrus animations. I have them registered as Sexlab animations and as they play apropos shows them on console as 'EstrusTentacleSide' and 'EstrusTentacleDouble'. I have created the folders for them using those names that were shown on the console and added them to the unique animations list (I have done this before many times successfully), however apropos won't recognize them as unique animations ingame in console. Just wondering if they have some different animation name like the zaz animations have Zap<animationname> (Zap is not displayed in the console animation name).

I'm not familiar with Estrus SL animations at all. I'm not even sure how SL handles them - are they like masturbation anims, with one actor, or do they have two actors, one being the Estrus monster?

I'm not familiar with Estrus SL animations at all. I'm not even sure how SL handles them - are they like masturbation anims, with one actor, or do they have two actors, one being the Estrus monster?

Tentacle animations used with estrus chaurus+ mod, there is only one actor as the tentacles don't count as an actor. Basically chaurus spit attacks can cause tentacles to burst from the ground. The animations come from estrus for skyrim (nexus) mod which are integrated into SL by estrus chaurus+ mod.

Edit: Got them working by adding tag Vaginal using animation patchup in apropos. Those animations didn't really have any normal SL tags to them.

Question:

There's also another oddity I found when I repurposed Leito Cunnilingus (the female db files were misnamed to cunnilingis) and Kissing animation female descriptions to male ones  [the other Leito animations Apropos-ed just fine from the MaleActor_Female descriptions].

When Kissing or Cunnilingus was animated, the Apropos {PRIMARY} tags take up the male characters rather than the females (while {ACTIVE} tags also still take the male names so it was a weird thing to read).

Question:

There's also another oddity I found when I repurposed Leito Cunnilingus (the female db files were misnamed to cunnilingis) and Kissing animation female descriptions to male ones  [the other Leito animations Apropos-ed just fine from the MaleActor_Female descriptions].

When Kissing or Cunnilingus was animated, the Apropos {PRIMARY} tags take up the male characters rather than the females (while {ACTIVE} tags also still take the male names so it was a weird thing to read).

Yes, those are some things on the drawing table with the new (post-Classic) Apropos mod.

Is there a tag for actor races? It was something that hit me earlier. Like for example {ACTIVERACE} and {PRIMARYRACE}. As in, Nord, Imperial, Dog, Wolf, Horse etc. 

Reason I'm asking is that descriptions get a little odd sometimes when it comes to named creatures mostly. Since many descriptions are written as "The {ACTIVE}..." which would show up as "The wolf..." for example. But say it's a named creature, like Stump, it would show up as "The Stump...". It's not a big thing, but a small annoyance of mine. :)

I'm looking to update from Apropos 20150316 to 20161119.

Have there been any script changes which need a clean save or is it safe just to remove the old version and install the new

Those releases are over a year apart - I would clean.

the synonyms text file is just a list of words that the other text files will pick from at random when the correct term in { } shows up, right?

i.e. the order of the words in each section of the synonyms file doesn't matter?

also, what's the difference between the Synonyms file in the db->bdsm folder and the one that's just in the db folder?

the synonyms text file is just a list of words that the other text files will pick from at random when the correct term in { } shows up, right?

i.e. the order of the words in each section of the synonyms file doesn't matter?

also, what's the difference between the Synonyms file in the db->bdsm folder and the one that's just in the db folder?

The order doesn't matter, no - however, the frequency (how often the word is repeated in the list) will make a difference. Words that are repeated more often in the list are more likely to be picked. 

The /bdsm/ folder is a themed folder; I'm not completely sure how themes and theme weighting work at the moment though. 

The order doesn't matter, no - however, the frequency (how often the word is repeated in the list) will make a difference. Words that are repeated more often in the list are more likely to be picked. 

The /bdsm/ folder is a themed folder; I'm not completely sure how themes and theme weighting work at the moment though. 

alright thanks, so I should probably just edit both then :P