The Unique Animation texts don't work for me. Whenever a UA plays, the apropos "narration" picks descriptions based on the tags instead.

To troubleshoot this, please post an Apropos0.log after enabling trace-level debugging in MCM. 

Just tried doing that now, however I couldn't find my Apropos0.log file, as a matter of fact despite enabling Debug and Trace messages in MCM, I don't have a "logs" folder in my My Documents\my games\Skyrim\ folder at all. Is there another step I need to do before I can get these logs? I have a papyrus log in my main Skyrim folder no problem, just nothing in the my games\Skyrim\ folder.

Papyrus logging needs to be enabled in Skyrim.ini. Make sure this section exists and has the proper flags set:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Got it at last. I played both Zyn_Missionary and Pillory_Sex using the Animation Test System and got generec narration both times. My Apropos log is attached.

apropos.0.log

The Unique Animation texts don't work for me. Whenever a UA plays, the apropos "narration" picks descriptions based on the tags instead.

To troubleshoot this, please post an Apropos0.log after enabling trace-level debugging in MCM. 

Just tried doing that now, however I couldn't find my Apropos0.log file, as a matter of fact despite enabling Debug and Trace messages in MCM, I don't have a "logs" folder in my My Documents\my games\Skyrim\ folder at all. Is there another step I need to do before I can get these logs? I have a papyrus log in my main Skyrim folder no problem, just nothing in the my games\Skyrim\ folder.

Papyrus logging needs to be enabled in Skyrim.ini. Make sure this section exists and has the proper flags set:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Got it at last. I played both Zyn_Missionary and Pillory_Sex using the Animation Test System and got generec narration both times. My Apropos log is attached.

Perfect, the log told the answer right away.

You are playing 

"ZapEx_PillorySex01", and "ZapEx_Missionary02"

Hence tagged descriptions.

WHere did you get those animations? Unique animations don't exist for "ZapEx_..."

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Perfect, the log told the answer right away.

You are playing 

"ZapEx_PillorySex01", and "ZapEx_Missionary02"

Hence tagged descriptions.

WHere did you get those animations? Unique animations don't exist for "ZapEx_..."

ZAZ animation pack or NSAP, might be one from each.

I can play them both without problems, the animation test system showed the same name when selecting them as the unique description text files and even when checking my Skyrim installation they seem to have the correct names. I have no clue why Sexlab or Apropos would think they have a "ZapEx_" prefix.

The stagger effect is so weird, it would happen when I run and it makes me, the player, twitchy as I expect something to be targeting me.

That is the point, along with the debuff effects. If you are experiencing W&T an occasional stagger (only as frequent as 1x per hour) clearly indicates the state of the player.

I just uploaded a new version today. Have you tried that?

Oddly enough, I can't install the new version with NMM (so far) but I have the previous 12-19 installed through NMM.  For a little clarity, I am downloading manually and adding through NMMs function for adding non-nexus/manual mods and like the previous poster the status on the mod being added seems stuck on "moving".  The mod does go into the mod list and the zip ends up in NMMs mod archive folder almost instantly.  It seems to be getting hung up on something else.  I'm sure it's an NMM issue, it always hates mods with large directory structures....

Update, it finished it's moving BS.  Note, I repacked the mod with 7zip's default settings (18mb file) and it seemed to finish faster than I had waited either time I tried the original.

Edit:  Chaos Angel, try unzipping and repacking with 7zips default settings, or just be patient with NMM.  I think I had trouble with the older version as well but just walked away and came back later.  Try an hour long video instead of half hour.

Good god, for a 13MB file, a half an hour video should be enough lol :P, but I will try what you said, I'm not sure what you mean by "Unzip and Repack" tho, do you mean extract to a new folder and then turn it back into a 7zip file? if that's even possible, I'm not sure what my 7zip settings are as 7zip is my default download format and I've never had a reason to look for the settings, I don't even know how to access the 7zip settings, right clicking on the zip file just brings up a list of useless looking options like compressing and emailing and shizzle, as well as extracting of course. :/

I have an option to "Add to Archive" after I've extracted to a new folder, which appears to have 7zip settings inside, it says my 7zip "Dictionary size" is 16MB's, is that what your talking about? next setting after that is 24MB's if I were to increase it, I don't know what it does tho, it goes as low as 64KB's to as high as 1024MB's, It doesn't sound like what your referring to tho.

The only thing I see that says 18MB's is a locked message at the bottom of the window that says "Memory usage for compressing 192MB's" and "Memory usage for decompressing 18MB's", but I can't change those.

What are your machine's specs?

Apropos does have a considerable number of files because of the database. At one point I had the db as a separate download. Perhaps I should move to separate them.

Ok! I finally got it to download, it appears what Pyrus said is correct, it does download but it takes a really...really...REALLY long time to move the files lol, I think I let it download for approximately between an hour and 2 hours and it finally finished, now to have a look at whats new yay! lol, thank you Pyrus for the advice and thank you Gooser for the great mod. ;)

Quite some patience there, i started having this happen with the one a few versions ago but i thought it was just because i was on the old version of NMM before they tried doing virtual directories etc so i never brought it up

If your the impatient sort like myself you can add the file to NMM and then close NMM and open again and install as it is copying the entire contents of the mod from the download location on your PC to the NMM mod directory as the first time it happened i went through and checked the file and the one that had been moved to my NMM folder on my D:\ drive was identical to the one in my downloads folder on my C:\ drive - I keep NMM itself on my backup HDD but have my OS and skyrim etc on my SSD

Anyways,

is there any chance you could add a toggle in the MCM for the stagger that happens when W&T decreases please

The stagger effect is so weird, it would happen when I run and it makes me, the player, twitchy as I expect something to be targeting me.

That is the point, along with the debuff effects. If you are experiencing W&T an occasional stagger (only as frequent as 1x per hour) clearly indicates the state of the player.

I just uploaded a new version today. Have you tried that?

Oddly enough, I can't install the new version with NMM (so far) but I have the previous 12-19 installed through NMM.  For a little clarity, I am downloading manually and adding through NMMs function for adding non-nexus/manual mods and like the previous poster the status on the mod being added seems stuck on "moving".  The mod does go into the mod list and the zip ends up in NMMs mod archive folder almost instantly.  It seems to be getting hung up on something else.  I'm sure it's an NMM issue, it always hates mods with large directory structures....

Update, it finished it's moving BS.  Note, I repacked the mod with 7zip's default settings (18mb file) and it seemed to finish faster than I had waited either time I tried the original.

Edit:  Chaos Angel, try unzipping and repacking with 7zips default settings, or just be patient with NMM.  I think I had trouble with the older version as well but just walked away and came back later.  Try an hour long video instead of half hour.

Good god, for a 13MB file, a half an hour video should be enough lol :P, but I will try what you said, I'm not sure what you mean by "Unzip and Repack" tho, do you mean extract to a new folder and then turn it back into a 7zip file? if that's even possible, I'm not sure what my 7zip settings are as 7zip is my default download format and I've never had a reason to look for the settings, I don't even know how to access the 7zip settings, right clicking on the zip file just brings up a list of useless looking options like compressing and emailing and shizzle, as well as extracting of course. :/

I have an option to "Add to Archive" after I've extracted to a new folder, which appears to have 7zip settings inside, it says my 7zip "Dictionary size" is 16MB's, is that what your talking about? next setting after that is 24MB's if I were to increase it, I don't know what it does tho, it goes as low as 64KB's to as high as 1024MB's, It doesn't sound like what your referring to tho.

The only thing I see that says 18MB's is a locked message at the bottom of the window that says "Memory usage for compressing 192MB's" and "Memory usage for decompressing 18MB's", but I can't change those.

What are your machine's specs?

Apropos does have a considerable number of files because of the database. At one point I had the db as a separate download. Perhaps I should move to separate them.

Ok! I finally got it to download, it appears what Pyrus said is correct, it does download but it takes a really...really...REALLY long time to move the files lol, I think I let it download for approximately between an hour and 2 hours and it finally finished, now to have a look at whats new yay! lol, thank you Pyrus for the advice and thank you Gooser for the great mod. ;)

Quite some patience there, i started having this happen with the one a few versions ago but i thought it was just because i was on the old version of NMM before they tried doing virtual directories etc so i never brought it up

If your the impatient sort like myself you can add the file to NMM and then close NMM and open again and install as it is copying the entire contents of the mod from the download location on your PC to the NMM mod directory as the first time it happened i went through and checked the file and the one that had been moved to my NMM folder on my D:\ drive was identical to the one in my downloads folder on my C:\ drive - I keep NMM itself on my backup HDD but have my OS and skyrim etc on my SSD

Anyways,

is there any chance you could add a toggle in the MCM for the stagger that happens when W&T decreases please

Not sure why anyone would still want to use NMM, except old habits stick fast. I was a NMM hold out for a long time, but now I love MO.

I'll move Stagger to the hardcore W&T effects set.

greetings,

I saw my question asked a couple of pages back, but didn't see an answer, so.... with the newest version, does W&T degrade happen when waiting/sleeping? I tried setting up MCM to max frequency and max recovery (1 hour, 3) but got no degrade after two game-days of mixed waiting and sleeping. Does the Slavetats option (I am trying it out) have any influence on this? (not sure why it would other than that it is marked in the OP as experimental).

Otherwise, the new things in this version seem pretty neat. As ever, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, there is definitely a bug with Slavetats wear and tear decay.  It looks like it's being removed at 10% of the intended rate.  Version 2016-10-17 works fine -- it's only the latest version that has this bug.

greetings,

I saw my question asked a couple of pages back, but didn't see an answer, so.... with the newest version, does W&T degrade happen when waiting/sleeping? I tried setting up MCM to max frequency and max recovery (1 hour, 3) but got no degrade after two game-days of mixed waiting and sleeping. Does the Slavetats option (I am trying it out) have any influence on this? (not sure why it would other than that it is marked in the OP as experimental).

Otherwise, the new things in this version seem pretty neat. As ever, thanks for sharing.

Please read the notes here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28123-apropos/page-176?do=findComment&comment=1768994

I changed the W&T degrade logic - there is no bug. 

I have now completed two fresh playthroughs - one from level 0 to level 10, and another that I am currently playing, currently at level 27. 

There is no bug. I have several followers in both cases, and I have carefully monitored W&T progression.

It is simply possible to max out W&T so it SO high that it takes time to get down to a level below 9. There is a MCM setting to cap this.

W&T is now "healed" - potentially every hour. It is random. The chance varies based upon the old MCM setting for the degrade period. If you have a default setting of 12 hours, it equates to around 10% chance, if 24 hours then 5%, if 1 hour, then 16%).

If you really want help with your W&T please stop making me have to peer into my magic crystal ball.

Enable Papyrus logging, enable Debug and Trace levels in Apropos MCM, and play some scenes where you wait in game, then attach an Apropos0.log

Yes, waiting in game should trigger the logic.

It does for me everytime.

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the inconvenience.

I had read the post you linked to, but thought with W&T at 5/4/1 that two days should have made some change. Just bad luck on the random thing I guess. And, I was just trying out the W&T, I usually just rp that sort of thing and can happily go back to doing so while enjoying the other functions you've kindly shared.

I had read the post you linked to, but thought with W&T at 5/4/1 that two days should have made some change. Just bad luck on the random thing I guess. And, I was just trying out the W&T, I usually just rp that sort of thing and can happily go back to doing so while enjoying the other functions you've kindly shared.

If you are at 5/4/1 and two days of waiting hasn't decreased then a log should be generated to see if something is wrong. 

Well, it's your call if you think there is no bug.  I've tested this patch enough on a new game to understand the problem.  If you think it's fine, so be it.

For what it's worth, at default decay curve (1.2) and default max (2000) with fastest decay rate (1), it took 26 wait states of 24 hours to clear max wear and tear.  That's right -- 26 days.

Same settings, but 1-hour wait times, took 76 wait periods (a little over 5 days).

Raising the decay rate to (2) with 24-hour waits took 48 days to clear max wear and tear.

Changing the max wear and tear from default 2000 to minimum 600 lowers the recovery time appropriately -- 31 hours of 1-hr waits at decay rate 1.

So there you have it.  I think a simple increase to the amount of wear and tear reduced per success would fix this.  But hey, maybe I have no clue.  :-/

Well, it's your call if you think there is no bug.  I've tested this patch enough on a new game to understand the problem.  If you think it's fine, so be it.

For what it's worth, at default decay curve (1.2) and default max (2000) with fastest decay rate (1), it took 26 wait states of 24 hours to clear max wear and tear.  That's right -- 26 days.

Same settings, but 1-hour wait times, took 76 wait periods (a little over 5 days).

Raising the decay rate to (2) with 24-hour waits took 48 days to clear max wear and tear.

Changing the max wear and tear from default 2000 to minimum 600 lowers the recovery time appropriately -- 31 hours of 1-hr waits at decay rate 1.

So there you have it.  I think a simple increase to the amount of wear and tear reduced per success would fix this.  But hey, maybe I have no clue.  :-/

He's not saying it is "impossible" that there is a bug, or an issue with certain MCM menu settings or a possible issue with they way degrade happens when people use long wait times.  

He's saying that he cannot, as a mod creator, even begin to help people with an an issue like this without the raw data to show him what is happening.  That means a papyrus log, because without it he has no clue what someone's individual game is doing.  If I were him I definitely wouldn't want to spend a whole evening beating up a test character and then waiting 76 times in a row to try to troubleshoot a problem I'm not even having in my own game play.

Troubleshooting like this helps a bit, but if you send him the papyrus log for these test sessions it would probably help out much more.

He's not saying it is "impossible" that there is a bug, or an issue with certain MCM menu settings or a possible issue with they way degrade happens when people use long wait times.  

He's saying that he cannot, as a mod creator, even begin to help people with an an issue like this without the raw data to show him what is happening.  That means a papyrus log, because without it he has no clue what someone's individual game is doing.  If I were him I definitely wouldn't want to spend a whole evening beating up a test character and then waiting 76 times in a row to try to troubleshoot a problem I'm not even having in my own game play.

Troubleshooting like this helps a bit, but if you send him the papyrus log for these test sessions it would probably help out much more.

Well, here is the papyrus log, but it probably won't show any issues because it's "working as intended".  I spent time doing this so he doesn't have to:  I don't think there's anything wrong with the code, only the values plugged into it.  It simply decays too slowly at the values set, compared to previous versions.  In a world were recovering from axe chops and dragon fire takes 5 minutes, it's crazy to weep continuously for weeks from too much sex.  Just my opinion.  I'd like to see the maximum chance raised from 16% per hour, or the amount of wear&tear removed per success to be increased.  But that's just me.

apropos.0.log

If you are at 5/4/1 and two days of waiting hasn't decreased then a log should be generated to see if something is wrong. 

Thanks for replying again. Unfortunately, before I saw this I had already deleted that savegame and uninstalled slavetats (and a couple of other, unrelated, things I was trying out). It is most likely that, if something was wrong it was something on my end. I do try to follow authors' instructions for mods, but, tbh, I don't really know beans about computers, code, etc. except that modded PC Skyrim is a lot more fun than console based Skyrim was, and for this I am very grateful.

I completely understand why you'd want a log, but my initial question seemed to me to be a pretty simple yes/no sort of thing which wouldn't require one.

Thanks again for sharing your efforts (and for putting up with know-nothings like myself).

Well, here is the papyrus log, but it probably won't show any issues because it's "working as intended".  I spent time doing this so he doesn't have to:  I don't think there's anything wrong with the code, only the values plugged into it.  It simply decays too slowly at the values set, compared to previous versions.  In a world were recovering from axe chops and dragon fire takes 5 minutes, it's crazy to weep continuously for weeks from too much sex.  Just my opinion.  I'd like to see the maximum chance raised from 16% per hour, or the amount of wear&tear removed per success to be increased.  But that's just me.

With a 16% per hour, there is a 98.4% W&T will degraded at least once over 24 hours, and 87.6% once over 12 hours.

If we push that to 25%, the numbers go to 99.89% / 24, and 96.8% / 12.

Keep in mind that there are many others who have voted for more extended W&T durations. Even when it doesn't match an axe chop / fire recovery. 

Understood.  I only know that once every 24 hours means your character could be weeping for days at a time after a bad experience, especially for a character that stays sexually active.  Older versions of your mod were wonderfully customizable, which worked well for me because I raised the rape multiplier from 1.1 to 5.5 (believe me, if you want tears, a single rape will do it faster than consensual sex twice!).  But I'm just one opinion, and I'm happy to set aside the new version I was playtesting and stick with the old version if everyone else likes perpetual crying  ;)    So I'll shut up now.

Understood.  I only know that once every 24 hours means your character could be weeping for days at a time after a bad experience, especially for a character that stays sexually active.  Older versions of your mod were wonderfully customizable, which worked well for me because I raised the rape multiplier from 1.1 to 5.5 (believe me, if you want tears, a single rape will do it faster than consensual sex twice!).  But I'm just one opinion, and I'm happy to set aside the new version I was playtesting and stick with the old version if everyone else likes perpetual crying  ;)    So I'll shut up now.

"I only know that once every 24 hours"

The W&T is checked every hour.  The previous version would check every 12 hours, by default. Now there is a chance every hour to be degrading. 

Am I missing your point?

Understood.  I only know that once every 24 hours means your character could be weeping for days at a time after a bad experience, especially for a character that stays sexually active.  Older versions of your mod were wonderfully customizable, which worked well for me because I raised the rape multiplier from 1.1 to 5.5 (believe me, if you want tears, a single rape will do it faster than consensual sex twice!).  But I'm just one opinion, and I'm happy to set aside the new version I was playtesting and stick with the old version if everyone else likes perpetual crying  wink.png    So I'll shut up now.

The W&T is checked every hour.  The previous version would check every 12 hours, by default. Now there is a chance every hour to be degrading. 

Am I missing your point?

Does it check 24 times when using the wait function to wait for 24 in one go, or does only check once?

Understood.  I only know that once every 24 hours means your character could be weeping for days at a time after a bad experience, especially for a character that stays sexually active.  Older versions of your mod were wonderfully customizable, which worked well for me because I raised the rape multiplier from 1.1 to 5.5 (believe me, if you want tears, a single rape will do it faster than consensual sex twice!).  But I'm just one opinion, and I'm happy to set aside the new version I was playtesting and stick with the old version if everyone else likes perpetual crying  wink.png    So I'll shut up now.

Am I missing your point?

Does it check 24 times when using the wait function to wait for 24 in one go, or does only check once?

B.

I currently do not handle situations where large times are skipped using Waiting. Waiting, Sleeping,  Fast Travel or Jail time can cause OnUpdateGameTime to trigger later than expected, especially when large times are involved. I generally only wait one hour at a time.

Do people generally just wait 12 or 24 hours to heal the PC/NPCs ? Why bother with W&T at all then?

Am I missing your point?

I guess my point is missed.  A single degrade does not eliminate all wear & tear.  Again, at max value in my playtest, it took 48 *days* of degrade at a setting of 2 with the new version.  In the previous version, at setting 1, I could clear max wear & tear in 3 days of rest.  But seriously, it's fine.  I have no further feedback to give.

Am I missing your point?

B.

I currently do not handle situations where large times are skipped using Waiting. Waiting, Sleeping,  Fast Travel or Jail time can cause OnUpdateGameTime to trigger later than expected, especially when large times are involved. I generally only wait one hour at a time.

Do people generally just wait 12 or 24 hours to heal the PC/NPCs ? Why bother with W&T at all then?

In many game setups, it's dangerous to wait or rest outside of a player home or owned bed (or even in bed!).  So the challenge is to limp to a safe place (fast travel being disabled) when you've got slowed movement and injuries.

I'd been using this Wear and Tear module for a while now, however Skyrimll is going to start using your mod for some of their added functionality so I added Apropos back in and disabled the other. I'm missing the W+T functionality I had with the other; which seemed more forgiving of someone who plays a more sexualized female character. Your W+T is extremely punishing. The other mod also uses Player value Controller which I have because of a couple other mods. 

My question is, can I turn off your functionality for W+T and use the other version without crazy messed up consequence to this mod? I like yours because it gives after effects, but would like to use the other for the actual information/reducedspeed/whatnot. Also, the items it gives to speed healing, configurable debuffs. 

I'd been using this Wear and Tear module for a while now, however Skyrimll is going to start using your mod for some of their added functionality so I added Apropos back in and disabled the other. I'm missing the W+T functionality I had with the other; which seemed more forgiving of someone who plays a more sexualized female character. Your W+T is extremely punishing. The other mod also uses Player value Controller which I have because of a couple other mods. 

My question is, can I turn off your functionality for W+T and use the other version without crazy messed up consequence to this mod? I like yours because it gives after effects, but would like to use the other for the actual information/reducedspeed/whatnot. Also, the items it gives to speed healing, configurable debuffs. 

Not heard about SkyrimII's plans. Content Consumer is going to use Apropos for CCAS as I understand it.

I would like to know what you mean by "more sexualized". Do you mean a succubus-type character? Do you mean more dominant?

What is Player Value Controller?

I guess I need more information regarding this:

"I like yours because it gives after effects, but would like to use the other for the actual information/reducedspeed/whatnot. Also, the items it gives to speed healing, configurable debuffs"

Apropos W&T does speed reduction, configuration debuffs..

In fact, most of what Apropos does IS configurable.

- The W&T "damage" inflicted per race.

- The W&T debuff effects - when they are applied and to what degree.

etc.

Am I missing your point?

B.

In many game setups, it's dangerous to wait or rest outside of a player home or owned bed (or even in bed!).  So the challenge is to limp to a safe place (fast travel being disabled) when you've got slowed movement and injuries.

Ok, this might be solvable just be computing elapsed time and running the appropriate W&T changes.

Not heard about SkyrimII's plans. Content Consumer is going to use Apropos for CCAS as I understand it.

That's who it was, :3 I knew someone was, my brain kept insisting Skyrimll because I just reading through one of their threads

I would like to know what you mean by "more sexualized". Do you mean a succubus-type character? Do you mean more dominant?

Not necessarily succubus, sometimes yes though. I've got most of the Devious collection of mods, along with most of Skyrimll's mods so between devious devices, a submissive character and being enslaved more often than not, (what with Milk mod, soul gem and things) My character is a promiscuous, sweet talker. She uses her many charms to get out of some sticky(ha!) situations. 

What is Player Value Controller?

It's downloaded with SL W+T and other mods that can pick up on it, do. (devious devices penalties for slowed are picked up)

I guess I need more information regarding this:

"I like yours because it gives after effects, but would like to use the other for the actual information/reducedspeed/whatnot. Also, the items it gives to speed healing, configurable debuffs"

The reduction/configuration is much more in depth. For instance I can roleplay healing by extended use of plugs/gags and use the other mod to assist in that, instead of debuffs it actually aids in healing if I happen to get one slapped on me via cursed loot or a devious capture. I can also make items (Anal ointment is one) to help increase healing, or decrease damage caused during an aggressive event. (which happens quite often in my games, your mod sees an event as aggressive even though she solicited herself and the NPC decided to use an aggressive animation/drug her) I was surprised to see how many of my animations are considered aggressive actually. She's in one of the lotus/cowgirl animations and your mod insists she's being raped. So apropos W+T basically cripples my character, even on settings to reduce damage, and speedy recovery. The visual affects actually fade much more quickly than the physical debuff do. (except for tears, for some reason those stay forever. Which isn't so bad, I've snagged one of my preferred tears from one of the slave tats textures in my game for your texture)

With SL W+T, it's much more gradual with my personal configuration, and I can see how much it's being affected where via PVC.

I was just curious if anything would go wonky, and I'm trying them both together. Maybe a toggle to allow the visual affects from your mod while turning off debuffs, because they are awesome.