Ok folks, Female-Female is going to be a little trickier to implement. I'm assuming we want support for both Strap-on (Calyps) and non-strap-on, regular Lesbian animation support. After asking Ashal, the latter is going to be not as well supported as I wanted. Primarily because SexLab cannot tell me which female is in which position in a Lesbian animation (who is giving Oral, who is receiving, etc.) I'm still researching the Strap-on animations and my thoughts are that those will be easier to support because they are essentially the hetero animations but with one woman with a strapon. 

Worse case scenario, we will probably just have some generic type description for oral and tribadism type FF animations without reference to the PC/NPC and the other female.

In other words, I had wanted something like:

"You lick <x>'s pussy", etc.

But what we will have is going to be more like:

"You and <x> enjoy each other's pussies", etc.

If you are interested in F-F animation support please respond with your thoughts.

Gooser, this is so much not a problem. Quite the opposite:  it is a blessing and a wonderful opportunity, for it gives Apropos the perfect occasion to introduce something that is already overdue: direct speech.  This would work especially well with lesbian animations (gay ones too)  since the lovers' bodily organs are identical and so the text can apply to either actor. So in the case of pussy eating, there would be no need to fret about whether NPC is eating player or player eating NPC (something that would matter in a hetero anim).  All you need is dialogue (direct speech in quotation marks, without names) and the anims themselves will tell you who is who. Your eyes will clearly see who is eating and who is eaten, while you will read something like these:

"Oooo, baby, you taste so good"

"O yes, do it like that! Little circles with your tongue!"

"Make me cum, baby, make me cum--all over your face!"

"Get down there, bitch, and eat me out."

The same goes for strapons. You don't need to specify in words who is doing whom. The anim will display that clearly. All that is needed is dramatic speech that would work equally well with either player or NPC:

"Fuck me harder! Harder! Punish that pussy!"

"You like that dildo, huh? Maybe you'd like a horker tusk!"

"O, baby, your dildo feels better than any cock."

There is almost infinite potential with direct speech and it is the perfect workaround for your problem. Not just a workaround. It would be a welcome addition even if there were no sexlab issues with distinguishing between player and NPC.

I admit that there will be times when it would be nice to see a proper name. Easily done. The initial message can set the scene by using names at a moment of anticipation of action rather than action itself. Something like:

"You drink in Serana's  beauty with your greedy eyes. She looks good enough to eat"

"If Jordis tastes as good as she looks, [playername] has just found her sweetroll."

"Aela's bushy vertical smile looks somehow wolfish . . . I find it most unsettling"

"As we go into a 69 I tell myself 'self, you smell the same'"

(that last one comes straight out of an Erika Jong novel btw)

A similar strategy could be used for afterglow messages (which would be a great addition to Apropos):

"Mjoll the lioness gives [playername] a new sobriquet: the lion tamer"

"Lydia enfolds you in her arms and swears undying love as you drift off to sleep"

OK, that last one is a bit sappy, but you could easily have something nastier:

"Lydia, you eat pussy the way a berserker chugs dogmeat. You're fired."

Aggressive sex is a little more challenging, since here it does matter who does what. But direct speech is still a workable solution:

"Go down on me, slut"

"Bandit-bitch snatch Dragonborn's stuff, Dragonborn stuffs bandit-bitch snatch"

So many possibilities. Direct speech is the answer to your F-F animation problem and would add enormously to every other aspect of Apropos too.

This kind of capability is going to have to wait until after i develop the SKSE plugin to render text in the way I need to have it rendered in its owner layer, with full control over font size, font typeface, delays, fades, etc. 

I'm not getting any messages and when I click the MCM menu it only shows the Apropos picture and nothing else (no submenus or options of any kind)

Logs attached. I didn't install JContainers manually because it said its included already so.

Do you have all of the mods that it shows under the "requirements" tab? I mean all the mods, including the ones that are listed as "included." I couldn't get it to work until I got the PapyrusUtil mod up and running. 

I'm not getting any messages and when I click the MCM menu it only shows the Apropos picture and nothing else (no submenus or options of any kind)

Logs attached. I didn't install JContainers manually because it said its included already so.

DId you install SKSE 1.7 ?

Sorry for the late reply. I've installed both SKSE 1.7 and JContainers (manually). Still does not work

I want to start by thanking whoever showed me how to do the spoiler thing. Reduces how much my comment shows, which is a good thing.

Anyway, Naarkie, have you also installed the PapyrusUtil? I had to get that one as well before it did anything.

Got a few questions for y'all

First, to Gooser:

This may or may not be any use, but Hentai Pregnancy in F/F seems to always know who is dealing with who for who gets knocked up, I have never had my character get pregnant when she was topping. Is there something you can look at there?

If not, sorry.

No, it's helpful. Since I personally use HP I will be using it going forward for pregnancy type stuff, including determining pregnancy, and probably stealing cum inflation as well.

you mentioned adding pregnancy-related stuff later on. If you do this, I will put a framed picture saying "Gooser is a fucking god!" in my office. I uninstalled Hentai Pregnancy a while ago because I didn't know what the hell was going on half the time, and this mod would make things so much simpler.

Second, to the general public:

I'm trying to find a mod that adds a house with a nice, open area. Defeat used to have a sex dungeon included with it that had a good open space in it. Using that Random Sex mod (or whatever the hell it's called), I would spawn a whole bunch of people in that room and set up an orgy. Now that the dungeon's been removed, I can't do that as effectively as I once could. Is there a house mod that will allow me to continue this twisted pastime? 

I'm trying to find a mod that adds a house with a nice, open area. Defeat used to have a sex dungeon included with it that had a good open space in it. Using that Random Sex mod (or whatever the hell it's called), I would spawn a whole bunch of people in that room and set up an orgy. Now that the dungeon's been removed, I can't do that as effectively as I once could. Is there a house mod that will allow me to continue this twisted pastime? 

You are aware Goubo the mod author of Defeat is still working on a add on mod for Defeat that will add that feature back only a lot more so. He is working on the next big update for defeat and then will be going back to finish that mod. From what I have read it will be a lot more involved than the first version was. Which is why he decided to remove it and make it, it's own add mod. It was just become to big and he wanted to add a lot more options for it.

This is just a FYI for you, for something temporary you have I think it is called Evil Lair of the Hydra. You might want to check it out on Nexus.

I am loving this mod, but since I have been using the custom message feature (which I adore) I have noticed one odd feature. Almost all the messages I get are orgasm messages. I don't think I have got a single starting stage message since I started using the custom feature. But I get orgasm messages at the start and end of an animation. I never did upgrade to the latest version, so maybe that is the cause.

I have one question about the custom feature. Can we add additional messages (extra lines beginning with [) or is there a cap of three? Just looking for ever more variety.

Terrific amount of work gone into this mod, Gooser, and you amaze me with your tireless and patient support of sometimes tiring and impatient mod users (not thinking of anyone in particular here, just wondering what it must be like to be in Gooser's shoes reading endless messages like this one).

Anyway, thank you!

You are aware Goubo the mod author of Defeat is still working on a add on mod for Defeat that will add that feature back only a lot more so. He is working on the next big update for defeat and then will be going back to finish that mod. From what I have read it will be a lot more involved than the first version was. Which is why he decided to remove it and make it, it's own add mod. It was just become to big and he wanted to add a lot more options for it.

This is just a FYI for you, for something temporary you have I think it is called Evil Lair of the Hydra. You might want to check it out on Nexus.

Thanks for letting me know, but that doesn't really help right now. Once that mod is released, I'll definitely change to it, but I'm looking for something that will work right now. I considered the Hydra Lair, but there's too much stuff going on, and my computer lags terribly while inside the lair. 

I am loving this mod, but since I have been using the custom message feature (which I adore) I have noticed one odd feature. Almost all the messages I get are orgasm messages. I don't think I have got a single starting stage message since I started using the custom feature. But I get orgasm messages at the start and end of an animation. I never did upgrade to the latest version, so maybe that is the cause.

I have one question about the custom feature. Can we add additional messages (extra lines beginning with [) or is there a cap of three? Just looking for ever more variety.

Terrific amount of work gone into this mod, Gooser, and you amaze me with your tireless and patient support of sometimes tiring and impatient mod users (not thinking of anyone in particular here, just wondering what it must be like to be in Gooser's shoes reading endless messages like this one).

Anyway, thank you!

You can add as many messages as you want. Just make sure you use that JSON program he mentioned in OP to make sure everything's on the up and up. 

Anyway, thank you!

Since you brought it up:  I have the newest version unaltered, and get about 40% beginning message showing. Of the other 60% or so that doesn't show on screen,  80+% show in console leaving around 15-20% that show neither in console nor screen.  

The orgasm messages almost always show.

Another thing, sometimes I can see a message flash on screen, but it's to fast to read.  This might also be the reason for no message on screen when it appears in the console.

Not a real problem for me since this is a great mod and the author is constantly working to make it better.

Only reporting this to make gooser aware of a possible problem.

Anyway, thank you!

Since you brought it up:  I have the newest version unaltered, and get about 40% beginning message showing. Of the other 60% or so that doesn't show on screen,  80+% show in console leaving around 15-20% that show neither in console nor screen.  

The orgasm messages almost always show.

Another thing, sometimes I can see a message flash on screen, but it's to fast to read.  This might also be the reason for no message on screen when it appears in the console.

Not a real problem for me since this is a great mod and the author is constantly working to make it better.

Only reporting this to make gooser aware of a possible problem.

I know its a little frustrating sometimes. Keep in mind that the method we are using to display the messages is a non-reliable way to show them. Only until we have developed a SKSE plugin for displaying our text the way we want will we have more control and more determinism. Even I sometimes miss the messages because of other things going on in the scene (messages from Submit, Hentai Pregnancy, Defeat, etc...)

I would like to see an Apropos log for a scene where you are seeing orgasm messages at the start though. Missing messages or messages that only show briefly or partially I can understand. But I'm still curious to see if there is a bug out there where orgasm messages are displayed in the beginning AND the end.

Thanks

I would like to see an Apropos log for a scene where you are seeing orgasm messages at the start though. Missing messages or messages that only show briefly or partially I can understand. But I'm still curious to see if there is a bug out there where orgasm messages are displayed in the beginning AND the end.

Thanks

I would be happy to do that, but I don't know how to access or save an Apropos log. Sad, I know. . . .

Thanks

I would be happy to do that, but I don't know how to access or save an Apropos log. Sad, I know. . . .

Oh Grimbold, to come so far... :)  jk

The apropos log stuff is in the OP under "Reporting Problems" :)

Personally, I have never been able to get the Seeker animations to work. When using Defeat, the PC drops to one knee and locks, but then immediately gets back up.

Anyway, I've been racing through repeated RP quests with my huge custom db file, and have managed to trigger the CTD save file again. The game now CTDs immediately after the loading screen without entering the game proper. The affected save file has also ballooned from 6MB to 10MB, which does not seem to be in keeping with the amount of new progress since the last. This time it wasn't the Military Camp quest, it was after the new Companion letter quest.

Not an issue I've had before, not sure if it is indeed Apropos that's causing it. It's a level 1 character, and Apropos is the only new inclusion over previous higher level characters. If I have time I might try a similar run without Apropos. I'm not sure what Apropos would be storing in the save file, other than W&T?

I've included the Papyrus log for the CTD on loading the save, but I can't tell if it's definitely Apropos that's causing it. Anyone able to take a look?

Papyrus.0.7z

I find a funny bug, no matter what I try, I always get messages like XXX cum/shot sperm into XXX's XXX for the 1st time or something like that, I mean there is no way to track PC and NPC's sex history or this is just the way it is for now?

Personally, I have never been able to get the Seeker animations to work. When using Defeat, the PC drops to one knee and locks, but then immediately gets back up.

Anyway, I've been racing through repeated RP quests with my huge custom db file, and have managed to trigger the CTD save file again. The game now CTDs immediately after the loading screen without entering the game proper. The affected save file has also ballooned from 6MB to 10MB, which does not seem to be in keeping with the amount of new progress since the last. This time it wasn't the Military Camp quest, it was after the new Companion letter quest.

Not an issue I've had before, not sure if it is indeed Apropos that's causing it. It's a level 1 character, and Apropos is the only new inclusion over previous higher level characters. If I have time I might try a similar run without Apropos. I'm not sure what Apropos would be storing in the save file, other than W&T?

In Apocrypha, I've only been able to see them if I use Submit and use player-submit. 

Apropos is using two things that might result in game save storage - PapyrusUtil/StorageUtil.SetIntValue calls, and JContainers. I kind of doubt the SetIntValue calls are contributing to the save size at all because it is 6 integers per PC (and 6 integers for NPC/Companions if that is enabled in MCM). 

You could try to verify this by disabling W&T completely in MCM and see if the increase seems of the same magnitude order.

JContainers is a newer modder framework and it is possible the way I am using it is contributing to the save. I will check on this.

(Earendil if you are reading this I am currently using JMaps  to pass associative arrays between method invocations, without explicit calls to retain/release - I'm assuming I was clean since I never needed these temp method args to live and die under 10 seconds...)

I've included the Papyrus log for the CTD on loading the save, but I can't tell if it's definitely Apropos that's causing it. Anyone able to take a look?

i need your Documents/My Games/Skyrim/SKSE/JContainers.log file

(Earendil if you are reading this I am currently using JMaps  to pass associative arrays between method invocations, without explicit calls to retain/release - I'm assuming I was clean since I never needed these temp method args to live and die under 10 seconds...)

It's ok - you creating short-lifetime temporary objects.

Let me know if these are the wrong files.

I also triggered the CTD just before grabbing them, wasn't sure if that was required or not.

Also, I started a topic in the tech support forum with Papryus logs and load order incase someone else can spot an issue.

SKSE.7z

Ok. these are not wrong, but  empty files =\

I have compiled spec. version for you so you could try to load your 10 MB save file

Try to load save file and save game and then post log

Put this dll into Data\SKSE\Plugins

Ok, tried that, no change, still CTD on load. Grabbed the same files as before again incase they're of use.

I put the .dll file where you said, although there was already one there so I overwrote it (backing up the old version just incase).

Not sure what you mean by the files being 'empty'?

Is it possibly something to do with the way the new Apropos installs JContainers? I uninstalled that mod when Apropos had it packaged, could it be worth reinstalling that mod?

EDIT: Just loaded a working file, then saved and quit out, the log file nows says -

load

427 bytes loaded

89 bytes saved

Can't give you a log file for the busted save because it still won't load.

SKSE.7z

Decauk, I can assure you that Apropos isn't doing anything unusual with JContainers. I just merge his files into the archive and they get put in their places exactly the way the would with a standalone JContainers archive file. Skyrim in general, and SexLab more specifically are really quite brain-dead in terms of "installers" - they are just archive files that put things in folders. No magic.

Not sure what you mean by the files being 'empty'?

that's mine usual JC log:

load
89 bytes loaded
325 bytes saved
325 bytes loaded

your's log  means it CTD's even before JC loads data from save file.

Is it possibly something to do with the way the new Apropos installs JContainers? I uninstalled that mod when Apropos had it packaged, could it be worth reinstalling that mod?

That won't help you anyway. 

[edit]

I was expecting to see something like   "over90000 bytes loaded" in the log and that would mean that save bloat caused by JC

Crashes at the tail-end of the loading screen with the rotatable model, but before the game itself actually loads. I'll have a look at the links a little later and report back.