I posted about the missing menu a few pages back, I thought that only happened when upgrading. Anyway here is the post maybe it will help you: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28123-apropos/page-3?do=findComment&comment=704793

Try opening the console and entering this first:

SetStage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

This may solve the problem without all that uninstalling then reinstalling work.

Guest LoganX

Your solution doesn't help, I'll try with the Marcus11's one.

EDIT: Yeah, sooo none of these solutions help. I olny noticed, that when i install apropos and then enter to game I get a message "Upgrading Apropos to blabla07" some more lines of text and on the top "Apropos Active". Everything that happens once i enter the game after isntallation, i don;'t need to wait for these messages. And afetr those messages averything is as usual; so back to the beginning. it's really annoying, because SL Describe works well on my game. Well, may it be caused by installation and uninstallation by NMM?

First of all, thank you for your hard work in trying to make all our experiences more enjoyable.

I too am having the issue where the MCM only lists the heading but no other options. See screenshot.

I have attached the Papyrus.0.log to hopefully provide you with some insight.

Keep up the great work.

Papyrus.0.rar

post-361642-0-75545200-1394299553_thumb.jpg

Highjenks, that's exactly what mine looked like. I also installed using NMM then manually confirmed the files got installed in the proper places. Perhaps I worded my post badly or it simply does not work for every situation i'm not tech savvy enough by far to know but a little more in depth:

(~follow clean save technique)

While the mod is uninstalled:

check to see if Apropos is listed under the MCM, if it is then exit and reenter the MCM and it should be gone from the list.

Now save, exit and install the mod:

load up your save, wait 4-5 minutes as usual (it will say upgrading/installing Apropos as normal) then open the MCM, if Apropos is not listed close the menu as before and wait a few minutes until you see the message '1 New Menu(s) Installed' or whoever it is worded and it should now be working.

If that doesn't work LoganX then I do not know, Gooser will need to look at your logs. I'm just rehashing what I already mentioned might work, if you have this problem perhaps you missed one step, but you mentioned you don't have to wait for the messages to clear. The MCM does take some time to update the menus as Gooser mentioned earlier. This happens with other mods as well that utilize the MCM/SKYUI.

Guest LoganX

Marcus01 Everything happens as you wrote but even when I get the message '1 New Menu(s) Installed there is still only Apropos with graphic inside, without menus.

EDIT: And yes, after I get this message I wait few minutes or even more before checking MCM menu, but it doesn't help.

Hey hello there, well cool mod, i was having an issue with the mod not showing up but i managed to fix it by upgrading...to apropos (from the first describe to apropos) Now well, more than an issue (haven't tried the last version yet.) i was wondering if there was a way to make the mod compatible with Momababii's Sexlab Gender Change...it is quite compatible i think as it triggers the messages as male doing a female, but before that it shows messages of my "transgendered" girl losing her virginity altough she is no longer taged as a female on Sexlab...just wondering that, other than that, amazing mod, im just waiting for F&F messages xD

Marcus01 Everything happens as you wrote but even when I get the message '1 New Menu(s) Installed there is still only Apropos with graphic inside, without menus.

EDIT: And yes, after I get this message I wait few minutes or even more before checking MCM menu, but it doesn't help.

Have you tried a brand new game to see if that works? 

Gooser and Foxyvixen, thanks for a fantastic mod. It now works perfectly, at least for me, now that my male character has disabled Wear and Tear.

On your opening page you invite suggestions for descriptions (messages). I have a couple of ideas, mostly for consensual sex, mostly involving adjectives (of which there are currently very few) and variations of syntactical structure. Would you like us to post our suggestions here or send them to you privately?

Good question. I was hoping to find a better place to gather these ideas in general here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28196-uservoice-or-uservoice-like-service-for-ll-modders/

But alas there doesn't seem to be much interest in this kind of thing.

I know Nutluck, Decauk and you have all made suggestions in the past, and I'm afraid I've not been able to track each and every bit. I wish there was a better way... Ideas?

So do I absolutely need the alpha version of skse? I am still on 1.6.16.

Not sure this was answered. Yes you absolutely need 1.7. Sorry

By the time this mod is past Beta, maybe Skse 1.7 will be stable?

Latest version works for me as far as the menu showing up. The only things I have noticed and I know this is not done is sometimes odd text when using a strapon with a female PC or in lesbian. For the strapon regardless of gender of the NPC it will say stuff like.

"(Character name) fills your ass with cum"

or something to that effect which is a bit odd and I know this is not done but just posting it for information for when you get around to looking at those messages on something to keep a eye on.

Installed the new version and did the test run, only message that stood out as wrong is [03/08/2014 - 12:34:51AM] You whimper as Chaurus shoots orgasm inside you.

Do have some weirdness though as the new dev tool shows on a new game but not a save game yet the sex messages still appear on the save game

attachicon.gifApropos.1.rar

Also noticed if you go into idle free view where the camera pans around the PC the messages stop (not sure if that happens on sexlab free view tho as i dont use free views)

Yes, I guess its my fault - I entered "orgasm" as a potential synonym for cum. I guess it sounds more like a verb than a noun?

Yes, I saw the same thing when I ran the tests and waited - went into the 3rd person camera panning mode. Don't there is a way around that.

Can I just clarify the {CUM} tags? We just use {CUM}, regardless of which gender, and the mod should pick the right one? How does it tell whether my description is referring to the male or female, or is it dependant on the message position?

Also, which {TAGS} can be used in which files? For example, can I use {BOOBS} in an oral txt file?

That is correct. When I was adding the whole section in the Sexpart_Synonyms, I was trying to look forward a bit and realized for F-F sex, we probably wanted unique female cum descriptors. But none of the descriptions actually use it, nor does the code actually use it.

So for now, the {CUM} tag is male-specific. I imagine when I add the F-F support, will have to refine that.

Gooser and Foxyvixen, thanks for a fantastic mod. It now works perfectly, at least for me, now that my male character has disabled Wear and Tear.

On your opening page you invite suggestions for descriptions (messages). I have a couple of ideas, mostly for consensual sex, mostly involving adjectives (of which there are currently very few) and variations of syntactical structure. Would you like us to post our suggestions here or send them to you privately?

Good question. I was hoping to find a better place to gather these ideas in general here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28196-uservoice-or-uservoice-like-service-for-ll-modders/

I know Nutluck, Decauk and you have all made suggestions in the past, and I'm afraid I've not been able to track each and every bit. I wish there was a better way... Ideas?

Well this is the first I even knew about your other thread. I just posted on it now. Maybe take my idea in the other thread and ask someone else to act as a assistant, in that they can monitor the thread and collect the suggestions and then you guys can offer input and tweak the OP again and wait for more suggestions etc.

I suspect there is a lot of interest! It is just that a lot of people seem to be having basic problems with the technical side. I suggest that we keep this present thread for those concerns and the link you provide above for the more creative/artistic side (including suggestions for descriptions). Does that sound like a workable plan? I think it is what you are yourself proposing, so let's go that route and see what happens. I shall put some thoughts together and post on the other link soon.

Thanks for all your hard work!

I posted about the missing menu a few pages back, I thought that only happened when upgrading. Anyway here is the post maybe it will help you: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28123-apropos/page-3?do=findComment&comment=704793

Try opening the console and entering this first:

SetStage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

This may solve the problem without all that uninstalling then reinstalling work.

I tried this on my save game where the new MCM option (dev tools) wasn't appearing and it didn't appear to do anything (hadn't realised you'd posted the command as i went searching in the Sexlab FAQ for the console command - would have saved me time seeing it here)

On a new game the menu displays correctly for me with the new option of development tools.

The mod works on both the new game and a save game its just that i can't see the new option in MCM