Possibly an unrelated issue but I wouldn't know. The scenario went like this: DC event triggers and gives me blindfold and harness. I'm already wearing a collar but DC doesn't care and puts the harness on anyway. Then follows about 2 minutes of script lag that only affects Devious Devices. Possible DC and DD got confused. I click on blindfold and harness, trying to pick their locks. Mostly I get a failure dialogue box, but here and there I get no dialogue box at all. Cue about two minutes later when I'm spammed by about 20 dialogue boxes saying I succesfully picked the lock on device 1 and 2.

Either way, could the assailant just remove a collar or everything I guess just to be sure and then reapply what makes sense.

EDIT: script lag and weirdness isn't DC related I think. But yeah, removing collar bla bla.

There is a specific condition I manually put in that prevents the harness being equipped if you're wearing a DD collar. If this is happening that means there is something wrong with your installation of DD or the collar you're wearing. This is the code that decides if a harness can be equipped:

equipHarness = (RandomInt(1,100) <= mslDC2ConfigQST.ChanceHarness && !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHarness)  && !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousCollar) && !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBelt))

Can you tell me which mod the collar was from? If it's buggy I can inform the author about it.

I had a request, is it possible to add in the rope cuffs to the MCM? I prefer Defeat over submit, but I do like how when the PC is assaulted in submit they end up bound, and then deviously helpless can kick in. When I use this mod I get the arm and leg cuffs, but that doesn't bind the PC. The only thing I have deviously helpless kick in on is items that would bind the PCs hands (make it a little immersive). I wish I could combine defeat and submit into one mod. Defeat has multiples and submit has the robbing and binding. Never been a big fan of SD as it always seems way to buggy for my liking and lacks some immersion.

Anyways, also, for those having issues with mods not kicking in quick enough before other mods, I run with 255 mods (Yeah I no... for shame) and I run fairly flawlessly even for an old computer. When I know a mod is suppose to kick in, I push escape and bring up the menu, then count to 5 seconds or so. It allows that papyrus log to catch up so to speak and that way mods are functioning in the correct order no matter how script heavy you are running.

There are no rope restraints available right now but the next version of Captures will allow it to equip registered generic devices from other mods (like DD Expansion) so if DD enabled rope restraints are ever added and the author registers them properly they will be automatically added to the pool of possible variants.

Also I know about script lag and I'm doing what I can (when I'm not being lazy and playing STO instead) to fix it because it's very annoying. The slooooowly coming soon next version may either help eliminate the script lag or make it even worse! Soooo I'm not making any promises right now ^^

Excuse me. <3 I don't mean to complain, but I'd like to request a feature. Is it possible for this to go off WITHOUT a robbing event happening? I don't like leaving robbing on, I like how defeat triggers sometimes and the game just continues afterwards, which your gear would be fine for. But Defeat only sets robbing minimum value to 500 at its highest, and I don't want them taking items from other mods I've installed.

Is it possible to make it so it's not robbing-event dependent, but still triggers on a defeat rape? Possibly a setting?

There is a specific condition I manually put in that prevents the harness being equipped if you're wearing a DD collar. If this is happening that means there is something wrong with your installation of DD or the collar you're wearing. This is the code that decides if a harness can be equipped:

Can you tell me which mod the collar was from? If it's buggy I can inform the author about it.

DDi, although asset is from DD. Anyway I'm thinking the whole issue was related to Hypothermia (not Frostfall - Hypothermia etc). According to Papyrus logs from what I gathered (there's a copy in the DDi thread) - Hypothermia couldn't recognize what kind of object the collar was so it renamed it to temp44, though only as far as the internal engine is concerned - I'm assuming 44 because it (maybe?) takes up slot 44. Assumably this renaming went further than just for Hypothermia and eventually led to DDi and by extension DC bugging out as well.

I have since stopped using Hypothermia and have had no issues - which is a shame, not that I liked the issues but because now I'm without a weather body feedback mod as I'm not about to go back to Frostfall, but then again DC hasn't triggered either despite me having robbing chance at 100% though it's only for gold and I'm likely not carrying the set amount of money at all times Defeat triggers.

Excuse me. <3 I don't mean to complain, but I'd like to request a feature. Is it possible for this to go off WITHOUT a robbing event happening? I don't like leaving robbing on, I like how defeat triggers sometimes and the game just continues afterwards, which your gear would be fine for. But Defeat only sets robbing minimum value to 500 at its highest, and I don't want them taking items from other mods I've installed.

Is it possible to make it so it's not robbing-event dependent, but still triggers on a defeat rape? Possibly a setting?

With Defeat, I think you can set it so they only steal stripped items, if you set it so Defeat only unequips, rather than strips, your armor and weapons, that should mean they won't actually steal anything but Captures will still be able to do its stuff.

Is it possible to link the devious devices etc to traps?  For example, what if a bear trap also applied leg restraints to the player??

It's possible and it was part of a separate project from Captures I was planning once but then Kimy released Cursed Loot which covers most of what I wanted to make. I think this would fit her mod way better than mine so maybe you could bring the suggestion to her! ^^

Alsooooo! A small status update on Captures: I'm alive and my ship is back in Earth's orbit so I'm back to some skyrim modding. You can expect a new version soon! Some of the things you may or may not see include:

• Armbinder support (MAYBE!). I'm right now coordinating with Goubo to make Defeat's animated scenes more restraints friendly. Depending on how soon or if Goubo incorporates my suggestions into Defeat armbinders may be ("may" is the important word!) back in the next version of Devious Captures.
  • External devices support. Thanks to a few functions being added to the upcoming update of Integration i will be able to expand the pool of available devices that may get equipped on player with devices from Expansion and any other mod that properly registers its devices for that functionality WITHOUT making those mods a hard requirement. So that means if you have only Integration installed, you'll only be getting devices from Integration but if you install Expansion it will allow my mod to choose from a larger variety of random devices.
  • Addition of more types of devices. Thanks to the above I will be able to support things like the often requested shoes but also the upcoming [REDACTED] and [CLASSIFIED] and their future variants
  • More MCM options. This will include the option to always equip a belt/harness together with plugs, option to bypass belts when equipping plugs and option to have keys stolen regardless of Defeat's robbery settings.
  • Code improvements and stuffs. Captures will outsource some of its functionality so things like determining which device variant to equip will be handled by Integration's native functions. I hope this and a few other changes will make everything work faster and allow me to shift the blame for most potential failures ^^

That's all for now. If you have any other ideas you think I could implement before soon please speak up now! ^^ I'm especially looking for more options I could add to the MCM but please keep in mind that I would like to keep this mod small, simple and focused on the one thing it does. Say NUH to feature creep! n_~

Hey :)

I decided to give SL Defeat a go today after using Submit for such a long time (last time I used Defeat was so long ago and the mod was a lot more basic), and the mod works wonderfully, and so does Devious Devices (tested the devices thoroughly through the Captured Dreams Shop plugin). However when I install the latest version of this plugin to make DD work for Defeat I get an instant crash when loading a game; Fire up Skyrim, load, choose my save, and just as the screen goes through that tiny freeze when the game is about to appear on screen, bam, CTD D:

I tested this a couple of times, loading the game without this plugin (only SL Defeat), and the game loads. Installed this, game CTDs. Repeated a couple of times to make sure it wasn't just a coincidence and at this point I'm pretty positive this plugin is causing it, though I've no clue why D:

I'll attach the Papyrus log right here (although I'm not sure if you'll see anything out of the ordinary):

And here is my load order (using Mod Organizer):

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
HmmWhatToWear.esm
HmmWhatToWearDawnGuard.esm
SexLab.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
TERAArmors.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
JSwords.esm
Strap.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Artifact Disenchanting - Dragonborn.esp
ice.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
MashupUNP.esp
AncientDraugr.esp
RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Dark Dungeons for Dawnguard.esp
ETaC - Falkreath.esp
Dark Dungeons for Dragonborn.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
RaceMenuOverlayCompilation - UNP.esp
EliteRogueArmour.esp
ETaC - Morthal.esp
ETaC - Dawnstar.esp
ETaC - Winterhold.esp
Krev The Skinner's Mantle by Hothtrooper44.esp
The Bastard.esp
SexLab Warmbodies.esp
LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
MacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.esp
Skyrim_Strap_Ons.esp
NailsUNP.esp
Perks Unbound - Merged.esp
OpenFaceGuardHelmets.esp
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
ETaC - Riverwood.esp
ETaC - Rorikstead.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
ETaC - Kynesgrove.esp
ETaC - Ivarstead.esp
ETaC - Darkwater Crossing.esp
Artifact Disenchanting.esp
calyps-dragonpriestmasks.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
RND_ETaC-Patch.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
SkyUI.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
ScarletDawnArmor.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp
ETaC - Karthwasten.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
Captured Dreams.esp
Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp
CD - Skyrim Strapon addon.esp
CD-Tera Armors addon.esp
Cloaks.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn - Unofficial.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
sextoys-calyps-2.esp
CD - Calyps Sextoys addon.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
Sexy Armor Replacer Patch.esp
FormsEdit.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp
WildHuntress.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
TradeBarter.esp
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Artifact Disenchanting - Dawnguard.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp
RND_AnimalLoot.esp
SpousesEnhanced.esp
Osare Culort Outfit.esp
FNISspells.esp
Ursine Armor Pack.esp
Sneak Tools.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
WestWindAssault.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp
isilNarsil.esp
Devious Cidhna.esp
Bouncy-Bodices-Booties-Belts-Stockings.esp
Ghorza's Armor.esp
WestWindMisfit.esp
zenet_GagQuest.esp
navetsea female face preset.esp
zzArmormashups.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp
AK_RM_Pubic_Styles.esp
AK_RM_Pubic_Styles_Classic.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
RogueArmor.esp
ScopedBows.esp
ISD_Longclaw.esp
ISD_Dragonspear.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
SSAssist.esp
TouringCarriages.esp
Bestiality_NudeBears.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
WhiterunAlivePiano.esp
JK's Whiterun D of W Comp v0.1.esp
LPBards.esp
Predator Vision.esp
Better Vampires ML.esp
Vampire Skin Color Fix.esp
Equipping Overhaul.esp
JSwords_Load_Screens.esp
JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
SleepTight.esp
Huntress.esp
ShellBondage - Bombshell.esp
DarkReplacer.esp
XiNafay - Kitty Corset.esp
Armored Bikini - UNPB BBP.esp
Aradia Living Armour.esp
BlacktalonArmorV11UNP.esp
Lethal Majesty.esp
Ebony Catsuit.esp
Seductress Serana.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
dovahkiinrelax.esp
Aradia Kato Outfit.esp
AradiaDevious.esp
SexLab Vanilla Voices.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
mslDeviousCaptures.esp

Like I said, both DD and Defeat work perfectly, so I'm not sure it's a matter of missing dependencies, however the one thing I can think of it could be is that I don't have the Death Alternative mod installed. As it was not necessary for Defeat and I don't like it nor want to use any of its features, I didn't get it. However could it be that this plugin sees that mod as a dependency? (even though Mod Organizer doesn't tell me that this plugin is missing any Masters).

Either way, thanks a ton in advance and hopefully it's something silly I'm missing D:

Cheers!

EDIT: Fired up TES5Edit through Mod Organizer with my entire load order (including this DD + Defeat plugin) and it didn't give me any errors or warnings ._.

It's a common problem with skyrim when you're running lots of mods that perform some operations whn player loads the game (in case of Captures it registers for mod events from Defeat), Sexlab and Devious Devices do that too for version control as does any mod with MCM. How many scripted mods are you using?

There is a way to bypass it if you start a new game, teleport to a small interior location (qasmoke works) and save. Then every time you launch skyrim instead of going directly to your main save load the new game save first and then load the right save. After that you can load anything without crashes for the rest of game session.

Or if this is not it the reason is probably save corruption. If you switched from Submit to Defeat and you're still using the same character you will exeprience stability problems because Skyrim doesn't properly remove mod data from saves after uninstalling them. If you really want to make a big switch from Submit to Defeat I think it would be better to start a new game instead of doing it in the middle of an existing playthrough.

It's a common problem with skyrim when you're running lots of mods that perform some operations whn player loads the game (in case of Captures it registers for mod events from Defeat), Sexlab and Devious Devices do that too for version control as does any mod with MCM. How many scripted mods are you using?

There is a way to bypass it if you start a new game, teleport to a small interior location (qasmoke works) and save. Then every time you launch skyrim instead of going directly to your main save load the new game save first and then load the right save. After that you can load anything without crashes for the rest of game session.

Or if this is not it the reason is probably save corruption. If you switched from Submit to Defeat and you're still using the same character you will exeprience stability problems because Skyrim doesn't probably remove mod data from saves after uninstalling them. If you really want to make a big switch from Submit to Defeat I think it would be better to start a new game instead of doing it in the middle of an existing playthrough.

Oh :( that's sad. Everything is working better than ever since I started using Mod Organizer, and also using the memory stuff for SKSE and what not.

I guess I'll install this plugin whenever I start a new game, shame that it took me so long to try Defeat out again since my first time because it feels so robust.

Anyway. Thanks for the reply :)

Alsooooo! A small status update on Captures: I'm alive and my ship is back in Earth's orbit so I'm back to some skyrim modding. You can expect a new version soon! Some of the things you may or may not see include:

• Armbinder support (MAYBE!). I'm right now coordinating with Goubo to make Defeat's animated scenes more restraints friendly. Depending on how soon or if Goubo incorporates my suggestions into Defeat armbinders may be ("may" is the important word!) back in the next version of Devious Captures.
  • External devices support. Thanks to a few functions being added to the upcoming update of Integration i will be able to expand the pool of available devices that may get equipped on player with devices from Expansion and any other mod that properly registers its devices for that functionality WITHOUT making those mods a hard requirement. So that means if you have only Integration installed, you'll only be getting devices from Integration but if you install Expansion it will allow my mod to choose from a larger variety of random devices.
  • Addition of more types of devices. Thanks to the above I will be able to support things like the often requested shoes but also the upcoming [REDACTED] and [CLASSIFIED] and their future variants
  • More MCM options. This will include the option to always equip a belt/harness together with plugs, option to bypass belts when equipping plugs and option to have keys stolen regardless of Defeat's robbery settings.
  • Code improvements and stuffs. Captures will outsource some of its functionality so things like determining which device variant to equip will be handled by Integration's native functions. I hope this and a few other changes will make everything work faster and allow me to shift the blame for most potential failures ^^

That's all for now. If you have any other ideas you think I could implement before soon please speak up now! ^^ I'm especially looking for more options I could add to the MCM but please keep in mind that I would like to keep this mod small, simple and focused on the one thing it does. Say NUH to feature creep! n_~

Sounds super-awesome! :)

*crosses fingers for armbinder support*

You could also try using the save cleaner programme and see if it works in your case but I cannot help you with that or really recommend it because I've never done that so i don't know how it works ^^

That's new to me. Is it safe to use that program? Last time I used something like this was using Submit a long time ago, and it was a program to remove old IDs or entries or something or rather from your save files. It ended up effing my entire save lol ._.

I went to Defeat's thread and tried looking up for the Save Cleaner Goubo suggests, but the Nexus link to that program is under moderation D:

You can use this one, it works the same way but is much more techie. You'll need to read the instructions thoroughly but for a basic clean it seems reliable.

As always, keep a backup

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/?

EDIT: If you look on the posts pages there are some tutorials there

I went to Defeat's thread and tried looking up for the Save Cleaner Goubo suggests, but the Nexus link to that program is under moderation D:

You can use this one, it works the same way but is much more techie. You'll need to read the instructions thoroughly but for a basic clean it seems reliable.

As always, keep a backup

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/?

EDIT: If you look on the posts pages there are some tutorials there

I think I'll just wait and see if the other one comes out of moderation x_x I'm not good at all with the "techie" stuff and I'll likely end up breaking the save file even further.

Thanks for the suggestion though! And sorry for going so off-topic on this thread, I just really want to use this plugin lol.

I think I'll just wait and see if the other one comes out of moderation x_x I'm not good at all with the "techie" stuff and I'll likely end up breaking the save file even further.

Thanks for the suggestion though! And sorry for going so off-topic on this thread, I just really want to use this plugin lol.

See pm :)

I would never call a thingy that forcibly removes records from a savegame and isn't the game itself "safe"... but this is Skyrim so I guess nothing can do more harm to saves than the game itself. I still can't recommend it because I never used it. Like Slorm said: if you want to use thingies like that please make backups first!

Ooooor it's possible the upcoming version of Captures will be even lighter on the script engine so the problem will fix itself ^^ But no promises!