[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

So... this "auto slider" feature of Outfit Studio would work with your custom sliders too? If so, then that's really awesome! I just played around with OS once, and it seemed quite simple to me, even though quite time consuming to get the details right.

One "downside" in letting the clothing authors choose which sliders to support is the chaos that is very likely to emerge sooner or later. At the moment where one person publishes an armour that does not support slider X, Y and Z, there will be three derivates of that mod that support X and Y but not Z, or Y and Z but not X... you get the idea.

If the slider set becomes stable at a certain point in time, this issue is of course mitigated. However, new body types will emerge eventually, and like as not people will approach you for conversions, even after CITRUS's beta phase.

I'm sorry, I really don't want to drag down your motivation, on the contrary! I'm just brainstorming what potential problems will likely be, maybe to find a preemptive solution.

I've already had 3 new bodies come out while in Alpha for citrus xD.

I'll try to make a guide, actually the videos I made in the OP show the process very well.

But I for sure will not be adding more bodies or doing much else with this after full release.

Also, to be honest, I don't really see that many more possible variations of bodies left...

Though I could be wrong, I dunno.

HI! My first time posting here because I actually think that I might be helping now. I think that there shouldn't be a hole (might not be the best word) there on the breast and unless this is my fault

post-299796-0-90183200-1401576640_thumb.png

I'd like you to know of this. In the case that it is indeed my fault, ignore this.

And I only adjusted the dibella slider for the breasts, in case that matters. Anyways have a nice day and thanks for the good job so far! :)

I have no idea if this will be useful to anyone here, but I figured it might be of some use so I'm passing it along.  While attempting to fix an odd folding issue on an armor mesh I'm modding, I realized that the main issue was a bone weight issue.  I got a couple of suggestions from some other LL forum readers and after some thought I came up with a clever solution that worked.  (you can check out the thread over in the technical support section)

But that's not the reason I'm posting it here.  While I was checking for solutions, I used google to check for help and as always one of the links that came up led me back here.  And in talking with the poster of that other thread I came to the conclusion that the same solution could be applied to body meshes as well.  In other words, the two part solution of moving bone weights can also be applied from any body mesh (no matter the vertices) to any other body mesh - so long as they can share the same skeleton.

Now there is probably another way of doing it other than how I came up with it, but this method seems to be universal - and since this is a universal body mesh thread - it might be useful to ponder anyway.  Of course since I'm late to the modding game, probably someone else already knows all about this, but I was pretty happy when I came up with it.   :cool:

I have no idea if this will be useful to anyone here, but I figured it might be of some use so I'm passing it along.  While attempting to fix an odd folding issue on an armor mesh I'm modding, I realized that the main issue was a bone weight issue.  I got a couple of suggestions from some other LL forum readers and after some thought I came up with a clever solution that worked.  (you can check out the thread over in the technical support section)

But that's not the reason I'm posting it here.  While I was checking for solutions, I used google to check for help and as always one of the links that came up led me back here.  And in talking with the poster of that other thread I came to the conclusion that the same solution could be applied to body meshes as well.  In other words, the two part solution of moving bone weights can also be applied from any body mesh (no matter the vertices) to any other body mesh - so long as they can share the same skeleton.

Now there is probably another way of doing it other than how I came up with it, but this method seems to be universal - and since this is a universal body mesh thread - it might be useful to ponder anyway.  Of course since I'm late to the modding game, probably someone else already knows all about this, but I was pretty happy when I came up with it.   :cool:

I just had a look at your thread.

Oh man...

I have no idea why you did it the way you did. But the way I've been doing it is:

1. Make sure my skeleton in 3ds is the same as the one I use in game (Using XPMSE NEXT version)

2. Now you'll get these weird body deformations and stuff on import. (Make sure you do not import skeleton if skeleton already exists)

(Blame whoever made the skeletons for not making them in the same reference pose as unweighted models, no idea if it was Beth or another modder that started to change scales of bones and stuff)

3. Now Copy your skin modifier onto the stack, this will deform the body/mesh even more! But that's okay we can fix this later.

4. Now you have to bake the skin morph data into actual vertex morph data. Do this by collapsing ONE of your skin modifiers.

5. And for the finishing touch, on your now sole existing skin modifier, you want to untick 'Always deform' and re-tick it later. This resets the skin morph data.

Ironically this is how you fix the armours not aligning in Bodyslide as well. (Not bodyslide's fault really, just bad skin morph data due to bad skeletons)

Lesson Learned: XPMS from nexus is a terrible skeleton unfortunately for modders.

Skin utilities is great, but it's redundant for most of the things you'll want to do :(

Useful for splicing two skins with different bones and weights on them together into 1 skin though.

I just had a look at your thread.

Oh man...

I have no idea why you did it the way you did. 

The answer is pretty simple really.  I had no idea the skirt I had chosen even had an issue until after I had put most of my mash up outfit together.  I had already fixed the bloody thing to fit the body shape, textured it the way I wanted it, spent forever trying to correct the lighting on it (actually still working on that, but whatever), and was only showing off the fruits of a long weekend of work to my GF when she pointed out the fold.

Actually she said something like, "why does she have a penis?"

I really didn't feel like starting over, so I started brainstorming solutions.  After being told to check out nightasy's video #7 (again) which doesn't answer the question, and then finding the 3ds skin utility help page, something in my brain said: why not combine them?  Although I listed a lot of steps, it's actually pretty simple (I think of it as a two-step process).  

In fact, I got there through math - transitive property.  A=B and B=C then A=C.  But as I said, it was just a methodology that worked really easy.  I only brought it up because I was copying weights from a tank dress (so top and bottom) to just a miniskirt and it worked since you only need to copy over the bones that actually apply.  It seems like an easy method to move over whichever set of body physics (BBP, TBBP, etc)  a particular user might want as well.

When can we see a demo dance video?

I already posted some pages ago, just dnt mind the textures, keep the focus at meshes its the more important at that step now (alpha), i misplaced the textures at that video, and yea you need download that (the video) because its already got deleted several times from various places so i made a zip, its there also a dreamgirl dance video for comparation, ill not repost that video in any place sorry, if wanna seen need download.

Link : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27444-project-citrus-alpha-download-added/page-21?do=findComment&comment=790004

Hi! Read about compatibility of htd body with new xmpse and about beta release. Would it be cbbe compatibility? If not I woud have a great headake with my mods to find what mods are cbbe dependent :(

PS didn't find about it in first post, and read 23 pages of comments is too big for my known of english language...

PPS if not, than I would start looking through my modlist now

Hi! Read about compatibility of htd body with new xmpse and about beta release. Would it be cbbe compatibility? If not I woud have a great headake with my mods to find what mods are cbbe dependent :(

PS didn't find about it in first post, and read 23 pages of comments is too big for my known of english language...

PPS if not, than I would start looking through my modlist now

I do not understand your question.

Groovy has made some outstanding changes in his new Alpha skeleton.

Including changing naming convention for HDT bones and such (so things like belly and capes have different names now that actually make sense)

He also removed unnecessary bones like the ChinaDress bones and such making it less of a nightmare for modders to use. (Once you delete the devourment bones anyway)

The new skeleton also resets TBBP bone positions to that of vanilla and so on. He also added new toe bones made by canderes, and I have incorporated the weights for them into the new unifeet meshes. So foot fetish animations or toe posing stuff is now possible.

Overall new skeleton will break some things, but this is good for modders and users as we are evolving to a less messy state and instead pursuing a more efficient and organized form.

Needless to say all the stuff previous were a bunch of workarounds and messy 'hotfixes' put together. But hopefully now, modders can have a useable skeleton for animation + generic HDT effects like cloaks and stuff.

Hm... My english today is really bad...

As I understand:

1) there is new XMPSE skeleton(I updated it)

2) HTD body for bodyslide would work bad with it or would not work.

3) the beta version of project Citrus would work good with new skeleton.

My question is: What would be if I install the beta of Citrus after CBBE body? Would it work normally? Or I should install UNP to use Citrus?

ghostgo : think like that citrus is a new body, its not to use with hdt or with cbbe, all bodyslide clothes armors will be necessary redone to fit right, because alot slides will change. 

Hm... My english today is really bad...

As I understand:

a) there is new XMPSE skeleton(I updated it)

B) HTD body for bodyslide would work bad with it or would not work.

c) the beta version of project Citrus would work good.

My question is: What would be if I install the beta of Citrus after CBBE body? Would it work normally?

Citrus is a replacer to CBBE.

it has it's own unique meshes dubbed 'Unibody/Unifeet/Unihands'

It will work fine with new alpha skeleton and HDT effects out of the box.

Please keep in mind that citrus is still being actively developed and there will be a lot of 'bugs'.

And some features will not be supported until later.

blabba so... just in one word: can I install it with cbbe?

No.

Thanks for your answer

And one little question more: What would be with cbbe armors if I uninstall CBBE and install this mod?

The body texture would not be compatible and it would look ugly.

No.

Thanks for your answer

And one little question more: What would be with cbbe armors if I uninstall CBBE and install this mod?

The body texture would not be compatible and it would look ugly.

Thanks... So... Headake - starts...

No.

Thanks for your answer

You don't want to install this body for general use yet, it's in early alpha stage.

The armors will probably look a bit off when there's skin exposure, like how UNP armors seem like they have missing skin textures when put on a CBBE body and vice versa but I doubt you'll have that huge of a problem otherwise, I mean not more than CBBE-UNPbased incompatibilities.

EDIT: What Groovtama said :P

Added the new beta.

New version REQUIRES Groovtama's alpha skeleton.

So install that first.

The more feedback I get on the mod, the better the end quality will be and the faster I get this thing done and can go do other mods.

Added the new beta.

New version REQUIRES Groovtama's alpha skeleton.

So install that first.

The more feedback I get on the mod, the better the end quality will be and the faster I get this thing done and can go do other mods.

There is a indentation below the right breast on the TBD sliders. Picture included (hopefully, first time posting pics on this forum).

post-253120-0-27653500-1401965491_thumb.jpg

^ What Braffel said, seems like you forgot to put the fix in or it bugged out again?

Other than that, sliders look a lot better now and the new ones are good in BodySlide as well. :)

I think the CHSBHC breast slider isn't symmetric, and I still need a NippleSize slider. ;)

Do you think you can make a slider for only the nipples of the Manga breast slider?

There is a indentation below the right breast on the TBD sliders. Picture included (hopefully, first time posting pics on this forum).

attachicon.gifindentation.JPG

I just realized in my infinite stupidity, that I didn't place the updated BSD slider file for it, I accidently copied over the old alpha slider to it.

Fixed now, and I'll upload soon with the update after breakfast ;)

^ What Braffel said, seems like you forgot to put the fix in or it bugged out again?

Other than that, sliders look a lot better now and the new ones are good in BodySlide as well. :)

I think the CHSBHC breast slider isn't symmetric, and I still need a NippleSize slider. ;)

Do you think you can make a slider for only the nipples of the Manga breast slider?

I'll look into the CHSBHC slider one.

As for your nipple requests:

It'll test my skill in max and mudbox but I think there's a possible way i can achieve this.

Same with nipple size. (Actually this one might be harder for me).

Archived