[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

I'd like to try this out but when you write "Install UNP Textures" what do you mean specifically? There are many different unp textures but I'm not clear what I should install for this.

edit: searching the thread I see this question asked and answered in the results, i.e. "any unp textures" but a clarification in the first post with the downloads might be best.

Hey Blabba!

I generally like to have body types which go from skinny at low weight to muscular/thick at high weights. Having different texture sets at different weight ranges defined in a mod or different meshes for different races was always something I liked to see; i.e. different races scale weights up differently; i.e. 100 weight orc/nord for muscle but 100 weight imperial is chubby. :-)

I tried out the updated slidersets and really liked that you've added sliders for muscular lower body (legs & thighs) particularly. That looked great. The upper body toned arms looked good as well. I really missed having a shoulder width slider and a "big torso" slider to provide some body thickness without distorting the waist. The small breast/pecs slider was interesting but doesn't play well with others :-) The breasts don't really shrink well without folding inward using other sliders and I couldn't really get the breasts to look right at smaller sizes (collapse or turn into cones) or larger (kind of square breasts). So perhaps that slider can start with small breasts with defined pecs and can scale outward with other breast sliders?  It's still a wip though although I think it'll be great even if mixing sliders doesn't always work well; some sliders for specific body types can't be expected to mix well with other which affect the same attributes. However, a couple of more basic sliders like the thick torso and shoulder width would be good for me :-)

I don't know if somebody already told you - but the "femalebody_1_msn" file is saved as PNG not as DDS. 

Not yet, but thanks!

Hey Blabba!

I generally like to have body types which go from skinny at low weight to muscular/thick at high weights. Having different texture sets at different weight ranges defined in a mod or different meshes for different races was always something I liked to see; i.e. different races scale weights up differently; i.e. 100 weight orc/nord for muscle but 100 weight imperial is chubby. :-)

I tried out the updated slidersets and really liked that you've added sliders for muscular lower body (legs & thighs) particularly. That looked great. The upper body toned arms looked good as well. I really missed having a shoulder width slider and a "big torso" slider to provide some body thickness without distorting the waist. The small breast/pecs slider was interesting but doesn't play well with others :-) The breasts don't really shrink well without folding inward using other sliders and I couldn't really get the breasts to look right at smaller sizes (collapse or turn into cones) or larger (kind of square breasts). So perhaps that slider can start with small breasts with defined pecs and can scale outward with other breast sliders?  It's still a wip though although I think it'll be great even if mixing sliders doesn't always work well; some sliders for specific body types can't be expected to mix well with other which affect the same attributes. However, a couple of more basic sliders like the thick torso and shoulder width would be good for me :-)

Yea some sliders just not going to mix well and their is nothing I can do about that (well there could be, but I'm not going to put the effort for it)

Dunno about thick torso slider, thought there is a similar one in the beta.

But yea I guess I forgot shoulder width, I'll see about adding that in.

As for textures at different weight ranges (like dynamically swappingnormal maps or stuff based on your slider settings)

That's out of scope for this mod.

Yea some sliders just not going to mix well and their is nothing I can do about that (well there could be, but I'm not going to put the effort for it)

Dunno about thick torso slider, thought there is a similar one in the beta.

But yea I guess I forgot shoulder width, I'll see about adding that in.

As for textures at different weight ranges (like dynamically swappin normal maps or stuff based on your slider settings)

That's out of scope for this mod.

I believe there was a torso slider but it didn't seem to cover all of the bases of the last BodySlide 2 + hdt that I use which covered the small of the back and really well with sliders for "Big Torso" and "Back". I think that perhaps without the back slider you can increase the width of the waist and belly but the slope of the small of the back to buttocks remained really slim.

I already plan on making race specific ESP files with the texture sets for weight ranges and am doing this for standard CBBE / bodyslide now. It should allow users to quickly deploy race specific body shapes even if they use their own preferences. I just need to update the mesh location to use a custom directory for most wearable vanilla items for a default of all races and then do it all over again for each race in turn with a different subdirectory. :-|

Control + batch create in bodyslide lets you specifiy a directory for the results of the mesh updates and it should be possible to use the esp files I create with your custom body and sliders too. The armors will still need to be updated to use the sliders once things are a bit further along. I've found that if you have most of the body shape covered in the slider sets when the armors are converted many things can pass well enough even if newer sliders weren't on the outfit. I just wish bodyslide had a default directory per preset since I've accidentally flooded my meshes directory with generated meshes on more than one occasion. Nightly backups are a must. :-)

hi, this is a very good project thing :)

will this project include advanced mesh shapes from petrovish's dream girl ?

i especially mean the elbows and knees, cause they animate very well.

hi, this is a very good project thing :)

will this project include advanced mesh shapes from petrovish's dream girl ?

i especially mean the elbows and knees, cause they animate very well.

If someone can explain to me how petrovitch made his body animate so well then I'd be more than willing to go through the same procedure for citrus and unibody.

But unless someone explains how to do this (and no, it's not as simple as just copying his weights, I have tried and it does not animate as fluidly as his does) then people will have to live with just overall better weights than skyrim vanilla.

i hope somebody can help, i got no clue how he did it, only thing i know about it is that the mesh itself has a very specific vertex setup in combination with the weightpainting

i hope somebody can help, i got no clue how he did it, only thing i know about it is that the mesh itself has a very specific vertex setup in combination with the weightpainting

If that is the secret then, yea I don't think that's gonna be possible on unibody.

As the topology was made specifically to be good for morphing to other body types.

im a retard you see, i read everything you posted about this mod

but im stuck....my retarded-ness is blocking my ability to comprehend of whats the REAL purpose of this mod

im not sure if its a mod that allows (basically) 7base armor on a cbbe body

or a new HDT thing?

idk im retarded and someone needs to explain in as shortest and littlest as possible at what the mod does

~sincerely Ashkandii the Retard 

If someone can explain to me how petrovitch made his body animate so well then I'd be more than willing to go through the same procedure for citrus and unibody.

But unless someone explains how to do this (and no, it's not as simple as just copying his weights, I have tried and it does not animate as fluidly as his does) then people will have to live with just overall better weights than skyrim vanilla.

*appears from his hiding spot*

Maybe the topology of his body was designed especially for animations? A good topology can work marvels when you animate a character.

I'll just leave this right here...

http://www.hippydrome.com/Modeling.html

Created by Brian Tindall (he knows a thing or two about animation)

but im stuck....my retarded-ness is blocking my ability to comprehend of whats the REAL purpose of this mod

or a new HDT thing?

idk im retarded and someone needs to explain in as shortest and littlest as possible at what the mod does

It's an all in one body? Like really - it's a body that can be shaped to any body you want and then armor shaped to fit that custom body? While having a higher poly body than CBBE.

cd9.gif

or a new HDT thing?

It's an all in one body? Like really - it's a body that can be shaped to any body you want and then armor shaped to fit that custom body? While having a higher poly body than CBBE.

cd9.gif

*retardness incoming* so....its like CBBE7BASECHSBHCUNP body replacer, which should equal.....any specific armor body mod would work with this one so to say.

cd9.gif

*retardness incoming* so....its like CBBE7BASECHSBHCUNP body replacer, which should equal.....any specific armor body mod would work with this one so to say.

Please read up on what an armor depends on to work correctly with a body.

It's the UV Mapping of the textures, if UV mapping of body and body in the armor are compatible the texture looks on both correctly.

Kestrix clearly said shaped. The body can look like any body through Bodyslide with a high poly count. It still only has the UNP UV mapping mean any CBBE armor replacer will have UV problems when the game tries to match the body texture on the body in the armor.

or a new HDT thing?

cd9.gif

There's nothing retarded about these questions, we all come at this with different levels of experience. 

Just to add to Groovtama's reply in terms the less tech savvy folk (me among them) can grasp,  UV maps define how a 2D texture looks when it's wrapped around a 3D object,  this is what causes the texture incompatibilities between body mods that don't share UV maps in common, ie UNP vs CBBE. Project Citrus is related to UNP rather than CBBE in this respect, though evidently it will need textures that are tweaked specifically for it when it gets a full release to do it the justice it deserves.

Knowing this though, you can now see why it is you won't be just throwing on a CBBE armor regardless of whether it's shaped the same as your Project Citrus body.  

For the record.

With the planned amount of morphs I've made and such.

It should be relatively easy for any user or armour modder to simply delete the included bodies in most current armour mods, replace with an appropriate CITRuS equivalent and slide it down to Unibase (The base body of CITRUS, for sliders to work)

If still confused, just wait for full release where I'll release a guide on how to do conversions properly and have provided an example armour.

Archived