[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

@b00marrows, at least we agree at that, you have your opinion and i have mine, so we can be friends, and keep the focus at topic Citrus projet please.

Hey! i never said we weren't! I was just proving a point. I don't know much but if there's issues with animations its normally to do with weight paint. so its probably fixable in outfit studio.

@blabba could you list the body's you have already ( I just want to confirm you have TBD in there :P )

@b00marrows, at least we agree at that, you have your opinion and i have mine, so we can be friends, and keep the focus at topic Citrus projet please.

Hey! i never said we weren't! I was just proving a point. I don't know much but if there's issues with animations its normally to do with weight paint. so its probably fixable in outfit studio.

@blabba could you list the body's you have already ( I just want to confirm you have TBD in there :P )

It was done very long time ago and I finished it's breast slider.

You can see it in one of my gifs on this thread here I believe.

I might consider making a google spreasdheet to keep track of stuff I have done, but IDK if or when that'll happen as I tend to just work on things that capture my interest.

I tend to just work on things that capture my interest.
You always have, that's just who you are.

It was done very long time ago and I finished it's breast slider.

You can see it in one of my gifs on this thread here I believe.

I might consider making a google spreasdheet to keep track of stuff I have done, but IDK if or when that'll happen as

Good to know, ill take a gander later. I only found out a bout this project a while ago....

I think a list would do good as people wont have to ask if a body is i yet and if you are/not going to put it in. Not high priority but would be nice.

Ill be sending you a pm in a min, I need some help.

CBBE has come a long way from back when it was really between CBBE and UNP, the later UNPB. I think overall the technical side of the bodies are better on the UNP side. But with the introduction of body slide CBBE is much more adaptable. I still preferred 7base, mostly due to the more vertices and I hadn't delved into body slide, however I'm now using Blabba's HDT body with the 7B oppai setting and am very happy with it. And I'm pretty sure it has the verts? Or is that just on this project? 

I'd be happiest though with a Dream Girl body with slightly larger breasts, but that's mostly due to how smooth animations are with it. 

yea that my dream also medic975 just a bit more breast size for dreamgirl, already trying stuffed_bunny bodyslide for that, so far hes doing a good job, theres some necessary fixes, but yea its good job, cant w8 that complete also, im using that till citrus got done.

Related topic : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/11468-bodyslide-unp-v04-30-sliders/?do=findComment&comment=254938

" * DG means the weighting is mostly a copy from Dreamgirl. Let me know if there are any problems with

these meshes, and if they animate better or worse than default UNP. Edit: this body currently has

a lot of weighting bugs. I will fix this eventually, maybe...."

I find it EXTREMELY hard to understand how people can actually say "I don't like CBBE" for an excuse like "it's not my taste".

There is no strict definition on what CBBE is anymore its whatever you make it... how can people say it? CBBE can practically be ANYTHING.

(oh great my 300th post is a rant...FML...)

I cant agree with that, if you look at dreamgirl,unp,etc and try replicate that just using bodyslide *can* at least looks like similar, but if you give that for a person wich use the regular body almost ea user will point weird things (meshes) at body thinking its a glitch or something, but if you redesign the body at 3d scultor or blender,3ds max,etc its another story because so you can really replicate, if not that case just tell me why blabba its doing all work at 3ds max/ mudbox? hes already master bodyslide way better of us.

Btw Grats at 300th post, just try being more polite, im being polite with you , so please i expect at least the same, dnt use caps lock or from nowhere dnt try attack or be rude with a person just because have a taste differente of yours.

What im saying is its not exactly possible to say "cbbe is not my taste" as it is no specific taste! it can be what you want it to be.

Oh great, imminent thread derailment as yet another round of back and forth subjective opinions erupt. That's not old or anything...you get extra cheeky points for telling us taste doesn't come into it though. Who knew?

It is possible to say "cbbe is not to my taste" -  you can morph cbbe's base mesh into all sorts of lovely shapes, it's a wonderful thing. But for a good many of us cbbe's base mesh isn't cutting it, we have quite tangible but not necessarily earth shatteringly conclusive reasons to give up on all the undeniable advantages of Bodyslide and it's batch building armors and going instead with a purpose sculpted mesh. I'm sure you've heard some of them, just as I'm getting the feeling you won't be persuaded anyway...so what's the point? Is there a prize up for grabs or something?

edit: And while it occurs to me, why are you even raising this argument in a thread about a new body mod that is deliberately setting out to resolve the very issues you claim don't exist? 

Looks like there's a new body replacer on the nexus. Apparently it's unp compatible though it doesn't specify whether it's unp-based.

In particular the legs look extremely good, actually they might be the best legs I've seen in a Skyrim body mesh so far. Might be worth taking a look.

That link redirects back here xD

But are you talking about the venus body?

I looked at the pics, can't say I saw much difference in normal UNP versus Venus...

It looked, I dunno, pretty generic to me overall.

The problem with the link is that the actual adress is *preceded* by the URL of this thread. Here is the correct link to the nexus.

Apart from that, the body looks rather unspectacular to me, I won't call it "ugly", but it's definitly not the type of body that I would use. I dunno, it somehow (especially the texture) reminds me of those ultra low-poly models from Morrowind... xD  Well, you can't argue about taste.

Whoops :P , thank you for providing the correct link; about the body, I compared it with the unp mesh and it looks like it is unp-based after all, so in the end it probably isn't worth it. Though the author still deserves a prop for fixing unp legs.

Oh great, imminent thread derailment as yet another round of back and forth subjective opinions erupt. That's not old or anything...you get extra cheeky points for telling us taste doesn't come into it though. Who knew?

It is possible to say "cbbe is not to my taste" -  you can morph cbbe's base mesh into all sorts of lovely shapes, it's a wonderful thing. But for a good many of us cbbe's base mesh isn't cutting it, we have quite tangible but not necessarily earth shatteringly conclusive reasons to give up on all the undeniable advantages of Bodyslide and it's batch building armors and going instead with a purpose sculpted mesh. I'm sure you've heard some of them, just as I'm getting the feeling you won't be persuaded anyway...so what's the point? Is there a prize up for grabs or something?

edit: And while it occurs to me, why are you even raising this argument in a thread about a new body mod that is deliberately setting out to resolve the very issues you claim don't exist? 

4 things:

1. You should probably read the WHOLE thread and argument before putting your thoughts in.

2. The "argument" (as you put it) was started due to bad wording.

3. Why would you even attempt to fuel/re-fuel an "argument"

4. You brought up the word "base mesh" in an argument about something that is changeable to any shape. your using the exact issue I have with people as an "argument" against it...well done.

Oh and so you don't have to look for my other post, it turns out the issue was the movement of the body in abnormal animation's like dances. this (as far as i know) can be fixed by fixing the ABYSMAL weight paints on the cbbe body.

The matter has already been sorted.

4 things:

1. You should probably read the WHOLE thread and argument before putting your thoughts in.

2. The "argument" (as you put it) was started due to bad wording.

3. Why would you even attempt to fuel/re-fuel an "argument"

4. You brought up the word "base mesh" in an argument about something that is changeable to any shape. your using the exact issue I have with people as an "argument" against it...well done.

Oh and so you don't have to look for my other post, it turns out the issue was the movement of the body in abnormal animation's like dances. this (as far as i know) can be fixed by fixing the ABYSMAL weight paints on the cbbe body.

The matter has already been sorted.

"You should probably read the WHOLE thread and argument before putting your thoughts in"

I did. You made an assertion and I countered it.  I also made a point of adding that I think this is probably an inappropriate thread to be essentially attempting to divorce the relationship between the quality of a base mesh and the quality of the shapes you're able to achieve using it.

Question. Why have these guys gone to the effort of crafting a new and improved mesh would you say?  Caliente has also worked on higher quality meshes that we all hope she releases some day - why bother?

Because there are some inherent limitations with what can be achieved using those base meshes included in the current CBBE package. If you care to, bear that in mind next time you have trouble understanding why some people believe they see differences, however negligible you think a few vertices might be, when they look at CBBE compared to UNP or it's variants in a certain pose or from a certain angle.  It doesn't matter to a lot of people, but it does matter to some. We should get over it because stuff like Project Citrus promises to make these petty squabbles redundant.

As to why I decided to bother responding, I'm wondering myself. Maybe because this monster is still fresh in my mind and whenever I see yet another poster on any TES forum  attempting to spark something similar into life for the billionth time,  I instinctively want to crush it like a bug.

Looks like there's a new body replacer on the nexus. Apparently it's unp compatible though it doesn't specify whether it's unp-based.

In particular the legs look extremely good, actually they might be the best legs I've seen in a Skyrim body mesh so far. Might be worth taking a look.

I looked at the pics, can't say I saw much difference in normal UNP versus Venus...

I thought I could see some fairly significant difference in bust shape when going up the weight scale here though I'd have to see direct comparisons to be confident. I also liked 100% weight from the front  here, the thighs and glutes looked almost 7B meaty compared to UNP Blessed's slender legs at max. I rather liked it's range of change, it seems quite a fair attempt at taking bits of the other UNP variants and offering them across the weight range. but I'm easily suckered by a good pose.

Either way, the morphs you've shown us make everything else seem tame. 

I thought I could see some fairly significant difference in bust shape when going up the weight scale here though I'd have to see direct comparisons to be confident. I also liked 100% weight from the front  here, the thighs and glutes looked almost 7B meaty compared to UNP Blessed's slender legs at max. I rather liked it's range of change, it seems quite a fair attempt at taking bits of the other UNP variants and offering them across the weight range. but I'm easily suckered by a good pose.

Either way, the morphs you've shown us make everything else seem tame. 

Thighs, legs waist all look great on this, the breasts look terrible to me, no nipple, flattened out not pointy enough. I do hope the puffy nipple sliders are going in eh Blabba?

Greetings again, Orange one.  Let me see If I can get what I was trying to get earlier to back on track.

I wanted to recommend a particular body style for the base bodies in C.I.T.R.U.S. .  There are many bodytypes available out there:  the skinny girl next door (of your dreams), the bustier version with nicer thighs, the waspy T&A girl, the Frazetta assed/bazooka breasted fantasy goddess and the Carribean adventure girl.  All of these are worthy choices.  The suggestion I bring forth is different enough to merit attention.  How about just a sexy well designed Thick and curvy girl (BBW).  

meshes CBBE TBBP by Arcadiets27 (or Arkadiets27)
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32259/

This is the kind of body that can easily exist in skyrim as in RL.  Imagine Jordis (the posh city housecarl who lives rent free at your manor) spending her thane allowance on beer and sweetrolls every week. [see attached pics].

The body is thick in all the right places with a pear-like silhouette.  It has a cute belly as well, and you are a belly jiggle sorta fella ;)  .

I discovered this gem back in Feb when the author released Hilda as a follower and it was an instant download.  A lore friendly nord girl archer with a buxom figure equipped with nice, bouncy, temperable armor.  Hilda was the very reason I fiddled with HDTPE in the first place (if azz like dat don't jiggle right, there's no point in playing skyrim).

Hilda Warrior Valkyrie by Arkadiets27 (or Arcadiets27 , its the same person).
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51129/

As a side note: I don't know the author but have endorsed the work. To those that check out his work and like it, please send the author some endorsement love.  Such work often gets overlooked for the designer hot body/follower of the month in the Nx site.  The folks over here seem more diverse in their appreciation of beauty, which is reason enough for me to unlurk and make an occasional recommendation.

Edit: some typos.

post-355936-0-02295700-1399853649_thumb.jpg

post-355936-0-47903600-1399853707_thumb.jpg

post-355936-0-34913700-1399853739_thumb.jpg

post-355936-0-56350000-1399853769_thumb.jpg

post-355936-0-88713300-1399853802_thumb.jpg

post-355936-0-69514400-1399853827_thumb.jpg

Greetings again, Orange one.  Let me see If I can get what I was trying to get earlier to back on track.

I wanted to recommend a particular body style for the base bodies in C.I.T.R.U.S. .  There are many bodytypes available out there:  the skinny girl next door (of your dreams), the bustier version with nicer thighs, the waspy T&A girl, the Frazetta assed/bazooka breasted fantasy goddess and the Carribean adventure girl.  All of these are worthy choices.  The suggestion I bring forth is different enough to merit attention.  How about just a sexy well designed Thick and curvy girl (BBW).

I have my own custom base shape pretty much set in stone (it'll use default CBBE shape with tweaked arms for custom hand mesh placement)

I may change it a bit and stuff after Groovy's new skeletons come out.

That shape is stated that it was made in bodyslide, and since I am doing most of the original CBBE sliders, I have no doubt a similar shape can be achieved with the ported sliders.

I'd suggest you ask author for his preset file, or play around with the slider's I make for this body on release.

Wow, seems like forever since I've posted anything (silly RL quest to learn armor/hair modding has taken over all my free time), but I thought I'd drop in my comments. The one thing I've noticed about female body types is that most people seem to argue about sizes ---> thighs versus breasts versus butts, etc.  However, I've noticed something different on my end.  Although I've noticed that I can morph the CBBE body (or a variant) to fit my particular desires as far as shape is concerned, it's the spine where I have problems.

You see, no matter how much I attempt to adjust the belly and lower/middle back on the form, the poor girl always seems to be suffering from lordosis (swayback).  The belly sticks out just a bit too far, and the lower back curves inward just a bit too much.  To some degree, all of the female forms suffer from this.  Frankly, I think it has more to do with the way the skeleton is shaped than the body sliders.  What would be nice would be some way to change that curvature, but I can't think of an easy way to fix it for each person's tastes.

Now if only I can figure out this last piece of the hair re-coloring puzzle - I'll be happy.

No idea if this has come up already (the thread is 18 pages long now, sorry), but:

Will it be possible for modders to retrospectively shoehorn new [edit: POSSIBLY NON-UNP-DERIVATIVE] body meshes into the "CITRUS SQUEEZER" (so to speak) so that the system can work for new bodies as they appear down the line? :huh:

The meshes I had in mind are an edit of Elmanouche's muscle mod that I am having a go at making. The Elmanouche meshes are a little rougher than UNP... I think they're - possibly? - an early-model UNP or Vanilla derivative. They have fewer vertices than SeveNBase. Unfortunately I am having no luck getting the 3dsMax Morpher modifer to morph from a SeveNBase mesh to an Elmanouche mesh - I think it's because of the different vertex count... not sure... :unsure:

*ALSO - those interested in the CITRUS project who are currently learning hair modding (there's a few here it seems): please, please do share your knowledge with us in the form of beginner-friendly tutorials at some point! ^_^

You see, no matter how much I attempt to adjust the belly and lower/middle back on the form, the poor girl always seems to be suffering from lordosis (swayback).  The belly sticks out just a bit too far, and the lower back curves inward just a bit too much.  To some degree, all of the female forms suffer from this.  Frankly, I think it has more to do with the way the skeleton is shaped than the body sliders.  What would be nice would be some way to change that curvature, but I can't think of an easy way to fix it for each person's tastes.

There is a 'back' slider that changes the curvature of the back area somewhat accordingly to your description I believe.

No idea if this has come up already (the thread is 18 pages long now, sorry), but:

Will it be possible for modders to retrospectively shoehorn new [edit: POSSIBLY NON-UNP-DERIVATIVE] body meshes into the "CITRUS SQUEEZER" (so to speak) so that the system can work for new bodies as they appear down the line? :huh:

The meshes I had in mind are an edit of Elmanouche's muscle mod that I am having a go at making. The Elmanouche meshes are a little rougher than UNP... I think they're - possibly? - an early-model UNP or Vanilla derivative. They have fewer vertices than SeveNBase. Unfortunately I am having no luck getting the 3dsMax Morpher modifer to morph from a SeveNBase mesh to an Elmanouche mesh - I think it's because of the different vertex count... not sure... :unsure:

*ALSO - those interested in the CITRUS project who are currently learning hair modding (there's a few here it seems): please, please do share your knowledge with us in the form of beginner-friendly tutorials at some point! ^_^

Hehe, you can't cheat mate, you gotta get the base body (in this case a copy of my CITRUS body) and align it to the body you want (in this case Muscle Girl) and then under the Edit Poly you use conform brushes to make the base body the same shape as the muscle body.

You can also try the 'WrapIt' plugin for 3dsMax, it also does the same trick and is the tool I use to make the morphs myself.

I dunno if I made a morph for this body yet, but I'll probably get to it eventually.

Yes, this mod is 'extensible' it can encompass ANY BODY MESH, doesn't even have to be from Bethesda mods, can just be models found on the internet, of course it'll be harder but still do-able. It's also fairly easy to get oblivion/fallout body mesh morphs as well. (If any of you miss Oblivion type bodies, on the full LoversLab release you might all be pleasantly surprised ;) )

All in All, expect an alpha release today with some sliders that I've made so far. As long as I can get half decent looking normal map and diffuse map to the new Hand UV's converted. Hopefully I can nab a texture artist to help fix those up, as I really don't have the time to learn photoshop and fix them up myself....

Yuppiiee im going take wrong skeleton, change body meshes and post like errors just to seen Blabba recheck every meshes hes already made hahahahah, JOKE, ill not do that for sure (maybe...)

Hehehe, trying to get a somewhat decent normal map baked out right now.

No Promises it'll be seamless though :(

But good enough for a guy who has zero texturing skill and really zero patience for texturing :/

There is a 'back' slider that changes the curvature of the back area somewhat accordingly to your description I believe.

Hehe, you can't cheat mate, you gotta get the base body (in this case a copy of my CITRUS body) and align it to the body you want (in this case Muscle Girl) and then under the Edit Poly you use conform brushes to make the base body the same shape as the muscle body.

You can also try the 'WrapIt' plugin for 3dsMax, it also does the same trick and is the tool I use to make the morphs myself.

I dunno if I made a morph for this body yet, but I'll probably get to it eventually.

Yes, this mod is 'extensible' it can encompass ANY BODY MESH, doesn't even have to be from Bethesda mods, can just be models found on the internet, of course it'll be harder but still do-able. It's also fairly easy to get oblivion/fallout body mesh morphs as well. (If any of you miss Oblivion type bodies, on the full LoversLab release you might all be pleasantly surprised ;) )

All in All, expect an alpha release today with some sliders that I've made so far. As long as I can get half decent looking normal map and diffuse map to the new Hand UV's converted. Hopefully I can nab a texture artist to help fix those up, as I really don't have the time to learn photoshop and fix them up myself....

Ahhhh okay - so in fact, I kinda need to do the *REVERSE* of what I was trying to do: squeeze the Elmanouche body down to fit the CITRUS Master Mesh using Conform, yes? So far I can only get exploding vertices doing this. Can you recommend a beginner-friendly tutorial by any chance? :huh:

*Unfortunately "Wrapit" is pay-to-play... :unsure:

UPDATE:  Okay - here is SeveNBase_0 being Conform-brushed to Elmanouche_1 (non-final of course - it's a mess, and I need to see if this works first) -

post-27796-0-28360500-1400286186_thumb.jpg

See what I mean about the exploding vertices? :huh:

Ahhhh okay - so in fact, I kinda need to do the *REVERSE* of what I was trying to do: squeeze the Elmanouche body down to fit the CITRUS Master Mesh using Conform, yes? So far I can only get exploding vertices doing this. Can you recommend a beginner-friendly tutorial by any chance? :huh:

*Unfortunately "Wrapit" is pay-to-play... :unsure:

UPDATE:  Okay - here is SeveNBase_0 being Conform-brushed to Elmanouche_1 (non-final of course - it's a mess, and I need to see if this works first) -

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

See what I mean about the exploding vertices? :huh:

There are some techniques with using the different type of conform brushes and edit poly brushes.

I'd just suggest looking up a tutorial on that, also in some cases (Like the shoulder areas and stuff) it's best you manually align the positions by hand and do some light conforming and relaxing and then lock those vertices in place while you continue doing stuff.

There is another script on scriptspot that does roughly the same thing as WrapIt, I forgot the name though, just look up retopology though and you should be fine.

I'll only briefly jump off topic - assuming I ever get 3ds to perform the same action the same way twice in a row, I'll see what I can do about that hair mod tutorial.  I finally have a recolored set of hair that looks perfect on screen, and is modified (very very very minor modification in terms of moving a few vertices out of her eyes), but is of course now invisible in game.  Once I fix that minor setback, I'll have something interesting.

As for the back slider, it only fixes half of the problem.  Trying to then also tweak the belly to lose the adolescent pudge that cbbe is so fond of showing (that makes them all look like 16 year old cheerleaders) is the other half.  They just never quite look like they are standing up completely straight.  

Archived