Fair enough, but in that case, would it be possible to add an optional or additional plugin to allow the tattoos to be applied via the RaceMenu as well as the MCM?

There's actually another reason to not do that (anymore, because SlaveTats started out as a RaceMenu plugin). There are enough tattoos in the SlaveTats package to completely flood out RaceMenu's overlay support, because RaceMenu is limited to 128 total overlay tattoos. That's due to a Papyrus limitation that I went to rather silly lengths to work around in SlaveTats.

Ah, I see. Well, can't do anything about actual technical limitations I guess. A shame, though. It'd be super-nice to just be able to see the tattoos on my PC before applying them just to make sure I'm selecting the right one/it looks good where it is on my PC, if only for convenience purposes of not having to remove and re-select one each time from the MCM menu.

Oh well. Regardless, excellent mod. :)

Thank you so much for this great mod. Im using this mod primarily to give NPCs body tattoos, and Ive replaced mosted of the textures with TheHAG tattoos pack. Been using this a while now, but after reinstalling skyrim, Ive run in to a problem. The tattoos I apply to a NPC (and player) won't save after I quit the game and load up my savegame. It just says "No Tattoo". This was never a problem before I renistalled Skyrim.

Your papyrus log might help finding out what's wrong.

Hi murfk, I would be greatfull if you would include an ork bitch tat; in your next update it would go great with being the ork plaything in SL Solutions thank you for this mod keep up the good work  

Sure, I've added it to my list.

I cannot seem to get the pawprint butt tattoo to show up. The lower back version of it works, but not the butt one. I can select it and color/options for it in the MCM, and it will show up in the RaceMenu Overlays section, but it does not appear on my character.

I cannot seem to get the pawprint butt tattoo to show up. The lower back version of it works, but not the butt one. I can select it and color/options for it in the MCM, and it will show up in the RaceMenu Overlays section, but it does not appear on my character.

Go into the console, select the character, type disable, then type enable.

I can't guarantee that will work, but it's worth a try.

murfik I loaded my UNPB into nifscope and changed it's texture path to "textures\actors\character\slavetats\butt_pawprint.dds". No pawprint visible, only some white pixels on the left butt cheek. So, it's not nioverride acting up, and not a script problem. It's texture, and probably it just is not fit for UNP.

murfik I loaded my UNPB into nifscope and changed it's texture path to "textures\actors\character\slavetats\butt_pawprint.dds". No pawprint visible, only some white pixels on the left butt cheek. So, it's not nioverride acting up, and not a script problem. It's texture, and probably it just is not fit for UNP.

It was made with UNP, and I just confirmed that the one on my hard drive is correct. I'm going to re-export that tattoo from my work file and try a different compression scheme, see if that clears things up.

hey man, awesome tattoos. I've been using these since the initial release.  ^_^

I just updated to 0.9.13 (from 0.1 or sth) and I have encountered a few problem(crap :wacko: ):

First, for bodytats, only area 5 & 6 can actually glow.

Second, for facetats, area 4, 5, 6 won't show up (no matter 1, 2, 3 are empty or not).

So I would really appreciate it if u can give me some idea about where did I do wrong. :shy:   

I just updated to 0.9.13 (from 0.1 or sth) and I have encountered a few problem(crap :wacko: ):

Second, for facetats, area 4, 5, 6 won't show up (no matter 1, 2, 3 are empty or not).

So I would really appreciate it if u can give me some idea about where did I do wrong. :shy:   

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

First, are you having these problems in new saves, or just in the save you upgraded under?

It's mostly for UNP and derivatives, but that wouldn't keep the tats from showing up. Something's pretty wrong if the system doesn't even remember which tattoos you have. Missing RaceMenu, perhaps?

It's mostly for UNP and derivatives

Just to report, that all tats are still working and showing properly in my CBBE character. Forehead tattoo seems a bit too spread out, but otherwise I can't make any meaningful difference between UNP and CBBE.

It's mostly for UNP and derivatives, but that wouldn't keep the tats from showing up. Something's pretty wrong if the system doesn't even remember which tattoos you have. Missing RaceMenu, perhaps?

thanks for the quick reply, I'm using normal unp, what do you mean by missing racemenu? I installed using nexus mod manager, and what mod do you use for your character creation? thanks again.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

First, are you having these problems in new saves, or just in the save you upgraded under?

Oh yeah, I forgot to test it with a new save (derp)

The bodytats problem only exist on the updated save, but the facetats area 4,5,6 still won't show up in the new save.

By the way, I've been mess around with the script (tried to figure out what caused this, and I failed :( ) I think u should check section_menu_current != 0 when u add_overlay in OnConfigClose event. Therefore if 

Section: No Tattoos

Tattoo: Toy or sth...

u will just erase the tattoo instead of loading a colorful glossy blank texture :D

No tattoos showing up.

Using UNPetite as body

Is this a body related issue?

Nope, check the posts above for the answer which has been repeated sometimes several times on a single page.

Reading back a little ways could save you a lot of time waiting for an answer which is why I'm trying to form that habit in you.

I seem to be unable to use any face tatoos. The rest work fine and MCM shows they are being used but nothing shows up.

I tried it on both the Lunari custom race and an Imprieal defult race and both are the same result. I thought it might be a confliction with the race menu but this only started happening after I updated this mod to the newest version. It is also near the end of my load list as it was before when it worked.

Edit: Never mind I feal like a dope I forgot to update Race Menu. All is fine and well and working now.

RaceMenu is a separate character-creation type mod that is required for this mod to work: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?

I believe you also need the Overlays Plugin from the optional files in that mod's download page.

Thanks, I couldn't get this mod to work with out it

And without the Overlays Plugin not all Tattoo's work, but most do

It would be nice if this was mentiond in the Mods description, might save a few headaches :rolleyes: