[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Hi, Thanks for reply Levionte.

It turns out i was just confused cause of some defect in the creation of bodyslide conversions I had downloaded.

I tried some other items and they were working with my new sliders.

I will just elaborate on sliders to be explicit. This is created with tools included from bodyslide studio. Originally similar tools were available for bodyslide 1 thanks to the stuffed bunny on here. It is where you sculpt and export the morph target as obj file from blender etc.. import the obj as data for a slider in studio. slider is exported as bds extension file and into shape data\unified unp folder and the entries for slider is added to xml files.

What you describe with the new sliders and making them compatible., it appears to be "magic" done during batch build operation in bodyslide.

User friendlyness is certainly the most important thing to aspire to but sometimes it is abstracting a procedure to make me confused about what is working.

Also, I want to look inside the tris but at the moment Animation Tools N2 from the Anton0028 is not compatible with the tri files generated from bodyslide.

You'd be better off asking cell for technical details, either here or via the Nexus, since he's actively developing it. I'm just a user that's never really seen the need to dissect it, so I can only offer educated speculations.

That being said, regardless of how you make the sliders, what you're doing is creating morphing instructions to tell each vertex where it should move to when the slider is applied. But, you're only making them for the base shape. Morphing only works when the mesh has the exact same number of vertices, because that's what the instructions call for.

Similar data also has to be created for each outfit mesh. It can't use the same data, as it will almost definitely have a different number of vertices and be in a different order. Based on its number, it will think it's moving a vertex on the shoulder, but on the outfit it's actually on the thigh; that kind of thing. And if it's a complicated outfit, there will be lots of vertices that don't have any data at all; or vice versa.

You have to create "sliders," or the morphing data, for each outfit piece. Outfit Studio (not bodyslide) can attempt to apply sliders automatically based on their position, but it almost always requires manual adjustment to avoid clipping. I suppose you could try to create the morphs in blender and export it the same way. Regardless of how, it does have to be created for each individual outfit before Bodyslide can apply them. Clicking the build button applies the respective morph data to the meshes according to the slider position. Batch build simply builds multiple outfits at once.

Lastly, I haven't actually tried to open up the .TRI file Bodyslide generates. My presumption, though, is that it's just the same collection of the morph data collected into a format similar to the head .TRI files that the game uses to morph vanilla faces. And, in this form, RaceMenu can read and apply the morphs the same as it can apply face sliders during character creation. 

Hmm, I just noticed something dramatic either from the Outfit Studio or Nifskope.

I've been converting stuff from Skyrim to Fallout 4 for some time now and they've been working out quite well in game.

But in the recent days I haven't been able to get anything to work and they all share the same exact problem in-game:

This is a picture that I linked in my earlier post, I know, but the problem is the same nevertheless

TtYyjUl.jpg

When I try to open those nifs in Outfit Studio, everything seems to work fine. But when I open them in Nifskope, they all give me the same error message:

WzgznNF.jpg

FYI, the couple working conversions that I've made earlier are now doing the same exact thing.

At first I thought that the in-game problem could be related to wrong data paths, but when I double checked them from both data files and plugins, they all were as they should be.

I know that Outfit Studio can break the nif files so that they can't be opened in Nifkope sometimes, but never to this extent that they can't even be used in the game.

Is there something wrong with the newest Outfit Studio or Nifkope, or could it be that the Fallout 4 game update we received earlier last week could have broken the game somehow?

Either way, now I have to convert everything all over again, because the nif files seem to be corrupted now, even the working ones that I've made and tested earlier.   :@

I really couldn't tell you how that happened. Game updates may break a lot of mods, but I don't expect they'd ever break meshes. And for the same reason, I would also be surprised if Outfit Studio suddenly decided to export meshes differently than it's been doing (successfully) since its release. But there are a bunch of things wrong with that NIF.

For starters, a single object never needs more than one BSLightingShaderProperty, and it should be above the NiAlphaProperty. Second, I don't know why you'd want to include a head mesh with your outfit, but then I don't know what you're working on. But my initial guess is that they're not assuming the correct names which could indicate some issues on the top of your tree. Third, and perhaps the biggest issue, I don't see any bones nor their respective BSSubIndexTriShape / skin data. It will certainly not work without those and probably crash your game. I can't see your mesh, but it is possible they are hidden in some of your branches. But, at the very least, they're in the wrong place if not outright missing.

Silver lining is, if you fix the issues with the mesh without messing with the vertices, your bodyslide data will probably still be valid and work correctly.

im trying to convert one of brokefoots unp shorts to cbbe, but when i open it up in bodyslide it comes up like this, this happens with no other clothes mods. it isnt the gnd nif by the way.

http://imgur.com/a/PKkAa

I believe cell implemented some skin transformation settings that you may be able to use to fix the problem. Personally, I just load it into 3DS Max and export it again. Only takes a second and always seems to fix it.

I found this was too hard for me :(

My question is really simple. Can someone teach me how to apply bodyslide conversions from here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/55151-bodyslide-armor-and-clothes-list-v3/ ?  I tried to extract the folder 'CalienteTools' to my 'CalienteTools' folder but it's not working (Nothing happened with the clothes. Just like before I installed the conversion.)

Thanks!

Nvm I just hit Batch build and all is well. It's so dumb I never managed to do this since last year.

Hello. I just converted this "Fox Collection [39] - Lingerie" set from UNP to CBBE HDT (for personal use). Well only one item right now. (see below)

My question is when i crouch some of my breast and butt clip through the bra/underwear for a split second. How do i go about fixing this so it doesn't happen? Is the clothing too close to the breasts and butt? Or do i need to go back into Outfit Studio and tweak the weight painting manually?

26uflPzmq3d31QUCs.gif

Thank you for your time.

Edit: I have not made bodysliders for the outfit yet. I just converted it to use my body. (Not sure if that is important or not)

Hello. I just converted this "Fox Collection [39] - Lingerie" set from UNP to CBBE HDT (for personal use). Well only one item right now. (see below)

My question is when i crouch some of my breast and butt clip through the bra/underwear for a split second. How do i go about fixing this so it doesn't happen? Is the clothing too close to the breasts and butt? Or do i need to go back into Outfit Studio and tweak the weight painting manually?

26uflPzmq3d31QUCs.gif

Thank you for your time.

Edit: I have not made bodysliders for the outfit yet. I just converted it to use my body. (Not sure if that is important or not)

Hmm, seems to me like there are some extra bone weights on your objects that shouldn't be there. That's the first thing that comes to my head when I see clipping like that.

Try opening the nif file in the Outfit Studio and check if those objects have any extra bone weights that your reference body doesn't have, and remove them.

If you don't know which bone weights are the extra ones, then compare the bone weights between your reference shape and your objects, and you should find them soon enough. After you find those extra weights, which should be around the area where the outfit is clipping, then simply right click on the bone weight and delete them. Double check that you have all the other bone weights intact (re-copying bone weights is the fastest method) and save the nif.

But before you do anything with the bone weights, first make a backup from your nif file. From my experience I can thell that these things can go haywire fast, so its good to have a backup in case something goes wrong.

26uflPzmq3d31QUCs.gif

Thank you for your time.

Hmm, seems to me like there are some extra bone weights on your objects that shouldn't be there. That's the first thing that comes to my head when I see clipping like that.

Try opening the nif file in the Outfit Studio and check if those objects have any extra bone weights that your reference body doesn't have, and remove them.

If you don't know which bone weights are the extra ones, then compare the bone weights between your reference shape and your objects, and you should find them soon enough. After you find those extra weights, which should be around the area where the outfit is clipping, then simply right click on the bone weight and delete them. Double check that you have all the other bone weights intact (re-copying bone weights is the fastest method) and save the nif.

But before you do anything with the bone weights, first make a backup from your nif file. From my experience I can thell that these things can go haywire fast, so its good to have a backup in case something goes wrong.

Thank you for your help. I did what you said and looked to see if the objects had any extra bone weights that my reference doesn't have, and i couldn't spot any extra bone weights. this is what i did.

Selected the body (reference)

clicked belly, breasts and butt for right and left of the character.

then clicked on my objects (bra and underwear) one at a time and selected "copy selected weights"

this is what i have:

post-1065237-0-95841100-1471465069_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-67236400-1471465084_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-87558800-1471465088_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-56369200-1471465091_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-46976200-1471465093_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-30899100-1471465095_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-32412800-1471465097_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-48319400-1471465099_thumb.png

Thank you for your help. I did what you said and looked to see if the objects had any extra bone weights that my reference doesn't have, and i couldn't spot any extra bone weights. this is what i did.

then clicked on my objects (bra and underwear) one at a time and selected "copy selected weights"

this is what i have:

Hmm, to me it seems like you're actually missing few bone weights, such as the both Clavicles.

Try this:

1. Open Outfit Studio

2. Select New Project

3. For the reference template, select 'CBBE Body HDT   (for the outfit you'll obviously select that outfit of yours   :) )

4. Remove the 'BaseShape' object from the object list

5. Click on the Reference shape and duplicate it  (the reference shape should be shown as green in your object list, if you're using the newest version of BS)

6. 'Copy bone weights' to all your current objects, including the new baseshape you just duplicated

7. Check if all the weight paintings are as they should be

8. Export the nif file and test it in-game

If the problem still persists, then you might want to tweak those weight paintings around those areas where the clippings show. From my experience this is all about 'trial-and-error' from that point on, so it might take few tries to get rid of the clippings.

But if that doesn't help either, then you could go and pull the bra/underwear further away from the bodyshape, so it won't cause any clippings. This is usually my very last resort if nothing else works, as it makes the outfits look a little unnatural.

But before you do anything, as always, before you do any of this, make sure that you have a backup file where you can go back to in case something goes horribly wrong.

ps. I just wanted to mention this that I'm not an expert in this, so don't take my word as granted. I'm technically just guessing here, so I might be wrong and my methods could be incorrect course of action. But hey, this has worked for me so far.   :)

this is what i have:

Hmm, to me it seems like you're actually missing few bone weights, such as the both Clavicles.

Try this:

1. Open Outfit Studio

2. Select New Project

3. For the reference template, select 'CBBE Body HDT   (for the outfit you'll obviously select that outfit of yours   :) )

4. Remove the 'BaseShape' object from the object list

5. Click on the Reference shape and duplicate it  (the reference shape should be shown as green in your object list, if you're using the newest version of BS)

6. 'Copy bone weights' to all your current objects, including the new baseshape you just duplicated

7. Check if all the weight paintings are as they should be

8. Export the nif file and test it in-game

If the problem still persists, then you might want to tweak those weight paintings around those areas where the clippings show. From my experience this is all about 'trial-and-error' from that point on, so it might take few tries to get rid of the clippings.

But if that doesn't help either, then you could go and pull the bra/underwear further away from the bodyshape, so it won't cause any clippings. This is usually my very last resort if nothing else works, as it makes the outfits look a little unnatural.

But before you do anything, as always, before you do any of this, make sure that you have a backup file where you can go back to in case something goes horribly wrong.

ps. I just wanted to mention this that I'm not an expert in this, so don't take my word as granted. I'm technically just guessing here, so I might be wrong and my methods could be incorrect course of action. But hey, this has worked for me so far.   :)

Okay. First off i would like to thank you very much. You have been massively helpful.

1.) I did what you told me, but when i loaded the CBBE HDT reference body it was clipping alot, (see pictures) so i used the sliders to fix that.

2.) I also deleted the old reference body. (the one that isn't green)

3.) Once i had fixed the clipping, file > make conversion reference.

4.) Duplicated the body reference. (after this did not work i also tried not making a duplicate and just using the CBBE HDT body without the duplicate. This also gave me the same results as in the picture.)

5.) Copied the bone weights, then exported.

6.) Did the same thing but with the _0 bra/underwear.

Once i got into game my neck and hands were apart from my body, (see pictures) but the clipping was gone when i crouched.

post-1065237-0-96790600-1471511936_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-63779700-1471511940_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-37348600-1471511944_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-23047100-1471511934_thumb.jpg

Then it clicked. You said to "copy the weights".

So i uninstalled the mod and restored my backup.

1.) New project > from file > browsed to my body. (E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE-\meshes\actors\character\character assets) Selected "femalebody_1.nif"

2.) Then selected my outfit_1.nif.

3.) Started to use the brush to fix clipping.

4.) Once finished, i right clicked on my outfit and selected "copy bone weights" (before i would go into the bones tab, select breasts/belly/butt then right click on the outfit and hit "copy selected bones")

5.) Exported out and repeated the steps with the femalebody_0.nif and outfit_0.nif.

6.) Loaded it into game and crouch clipping was gone. Also no detached neck/wrists. Still a little clipping in the butt when i walk though..Could that be a weighting issue or just poor brush clipping on my side. Because in Outfit Studio i doubled checked clipping, but on the pants in game it seems to be clipping on the left leg/pelvis area. (this is not clipping in the Outfit Studio)

3o7TKtyDI2J3juCO2I.gif

Breasts are fixed. So that's progress. XD

On the underwear in game it seems to be clipping on the left leg/pelvis area. (this is not clipping in the Outfit Studio)

You had two bodies "BaseShape" and "BaseShape_outfit" in your project when you were working on it.

You're supposed to fully delete the "BaseShape_outfit" one and export/save with the green reference "BaseShape" instead.

What you have most likely done wrong, was copy weights from "BaseShape" to "BaseShape_outfit" and kept that in the project.

You had two bodies "BaseShape" and "BaseShape_outfit" in your project when you were working on it.

You're supposed to fully delete the "BaseShape_outfit" one and export/save with the green reference "BaseShape" instead.

What you have most likely done wrong, was copy weights from "BaseShape" to "BaseShape_outfit" and kept that in the project.

Hello. As you can see from the pictures i posted in my previous post. I did delete "BodyShape_outfit" I think how i explained it was wrong.

Here they are again just in-case you missed them. :)

the last one is after i had deleted the "BodyShape_outfit"

post-1065237-0-72791000-1471538283_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-81665800-1471538287_thumb.png

post-1065237-0-88593800-1471538291_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

After some time I'm back at my old project again.

This time I'm working on some bracers and the usual approach (edit: Guide 1) doesn't seem to be enough here.

I've attached two screenshots:

Screenshot one shows the state of the clothing article without any sliders selected.

post-975741-0-01321900-1472474676_thumb.png

In screenshot two I've input into the shoulderwidth slider an extreme value to showcase the problem.

post-975741-0-69562900-1472474679_thumb.png

The upper part of the bracer is being transformed, while the lower part plus hands stay in the exact same position.

When I examined it in game one of the finger tips was pointing in the wrong direction ... so I guess besides the bracer's upper part this sole finger tip was transformed, too.

How do I fix this?

Hi, Thanks for reply Levionte.

It turns out i was just confused cause of some defect in the creation of bodyslide conversions I had downloaded.

I tried some other items and they were working with my new sliders.

I will just elaborate on sliders to be explicit. This is created with tools included from bodyslide studio. Originally similar tools were available for bodyslide 1 thanks to the stuffed bunny on here. It is where you sculpt and export the morph target as obj file from blender etc.. import the obj as data for a slider in studio. slider is exported as bds extension file and into shape data\unified unp folder and the entries for slider is added to xml files.

What you describe with the new sliders and making them compatible., it appears to be "magic" done during batch build operation in bodyslide.

User friendlyness is certainly the most important thing to aspire to but sometimes it is abstracting a procedure to make me confused about what is working.

Also, I want to look inside the tris but at the moment Animation Tools N2 from the Anton0028 is not compatible with the tri files generated from bodyslide.

You'd be better off asking cell for technical details, either here or via the Nexus, since he's actively developing it. I'm just a user that's never really seen the need to dissect it, so I can only offer educated speculations.

That being said, regardless of how you make the sliders, what you're doing is creating morphing instructions to tell each vertex where it should move to when the slider is applied. But, you're only making them for the base shape. Morphing only works when the mesh has the exact same number of vertices, because that's what the instructions call for.

Similar data also has to be created for each outfit mesh. It can't use the same data, as it will almost definitely have a different number of vertices and be in a different order. Based on its number, it will think it's moving a vertex on the shoulder, but on the outfit it's actually on the thigh; that kind of thing. And if it's a complicated outfit, there will be lots of vertices that don't have any data at all; or vice versa.

You have to create "sliders," or the morphing data, for each outfit piece. Outfit Studio (not bodyslide) can attempt to apply sliders automatically based on their position, but it almost always requires manual adjustment to avoid clipping. I suppose you could try to create the morphs in blender and export it the same way. Regardless of how, it does have to be created for each individual outfit before Bodyslide can apply them. Clicking the build button applies the respective morph data to the meshes according to the slider position. Batch build simply builds multiple outfits at once.

Lastly, I haven't actually tried to open up the .TRI file Bodyslide generates. My presumption, though, is that it's just the same collection of the morph data collected into a format similar to the head .TRI files that the game uses to morph vanilla faces. And, in this form, RaceMenu can read and apply the morphs the same as it can apply face sliders during character creation. 

Hi.

I appreciate to be responded to.

You are correct about the vertex order needing to be same for the geometry base and morph targets.

the bodyslide attempting to apply sliders automatically. its the conform operation. The name conform reminds me of conformulation which is used since oblivion on hair and eyes and stuff for facegen morphs. as we know the other shapes do not have the same vertex order as the head mesh.

Its just my guess but I think this creates a lattice and applies same lattice morph to target outfit and can generate the tri file.

which as you said contains vertex list (probably identical to obj format) morph targets for the outfit. and is not requiring the math calculations of a lattice. And compatibility with racemenu, but racemenu also demonstrates ability to import geometry straight from a nif file as a morph target. its pretty amazing mod.

It is because i saw the mega toaster gerra6 lattice converter tool had been created several years ago

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/10396-clothing-bodytype-converter-v50-12242013/

Looking into the generated outfit tri file would just be good thing for transparency. If its obj format inside the tri file, i have heard that the header can cause problems with compatibility. There is lot of problems in obj format that came from them being used in different ways on different programs, so its sort of a tradition.

Anyway, this is a tutorial thread, I didnt mean to direct the discussion away from the scope of this thread. It appears that section 11 is expected to deal with correctly referencing sliders in the xml files.

I am conforming the Bless Online armor pieces to my custom BodySlide preset. There is a loincloth part of the outfit I'm currently editing that features HDT physics. When I conform the sliders of the armor to my preset, everything turns out perfectly except this particular piece. The area of the loincloth around my preset's rear conforms in a very ugly and unnecessary way, with a jagged seam separating the parts with skeletal weighting and HDT weighting.

Is there a way that I could isolate this particular piece from conforming when I load my custom preset? I want to have every other piece conform to the sliders except this one, which I will edit manually with brushes.

Hello! Could some one please help me since I seemly can't read. Some armors show my preset in game and others don't. I don't remember which mod the armors came from but its CT77 and Cal-armor/Cal-clothes. 

Cal is the one that doesn't show in game. The Cal looks like this I also can't select my preset when selecting Cal even though I saved it to all groups when making it.post-837655-0-89217000-1473134922_thumb.png

And CT77 will look like this. post-837655-0-74777400-1473134844_thumb.png

These are the outfit mods that should be bodyslide compatible

post-837655-0-59565500-1473135134_thumb.png

So could someone please help this poor stupid soul?

I'm having an issue with gloves and boots. I'm playing trial and error here and could use some help. When I select new project, am I supposed to select a body reference and then the glove or boot nif? And say once I'm done fitting it to my body, how am I supposed to save the project? Aren't I supposed to change the reference and remove the body reference since gloves and boots don't come with the body underneath it, right? Well, I do this, by making the right or left glove/boot the reference instead, delete reference body, save project. Upon opening it in BS the sliders will work for one of the gloves or boots but not the other. Is this a problem with bone weights?

I'm having an issue with gloves and boots. I'm playing trial and error here and could use some help. When I select new project, am I supposed to select a body reference and then the glove or boot nif? And say once I'm done fitting it to my body, how am I supposed to save the project? Aren't I supposed to change the reference and remove the body reference since gloves and boots don't come with the body underneath it, right? Well, I do this, by making the right or left glove/boot the reference instead, delete reference body, save project. Upon opening it in BS the sliders will work for one of the gloves or boots but not the other. Is this a problem with bone weights?

When I select new project, am I supposed to select a body reference and then the glove or boot nif?

that will depend. but usually yes. lets say the boots is thigh high, you will need to match it to the reference body.

And say once I'm done fitting it to my body, how am I supposed to save the project?

in the file(i think) look for save as...

Aren't I supposed to change the reference and remove the body reference since gloves and boots don't come with the body underneath it, right?

you have to remove the reference body when saving the project. its a checkbox in lower left.

When I select new project, am I supposed to select a body reference and then the glove or boot nif?

that will depend. but usually yes. lets say the boots is thigh high, you will need to match it to the reference body.

And say once I'm done fitting it to my body, how am I supposed to save the project?

in the file(i think) look for save as...

Aren't I supposed to change the reference and remove the body reference since gloves and boots don't come with the body underneath it, right?

you have to remove the reference body when saving the project. its a checkbox in lower left.

I know about save project as... I can do body armor fine, Or almost fine. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how doing it for gloves and boots are. Because what I've noticed is if I load the hands or feet nif the gloves especially don't align properly. So I must choose the body reference instead. My problem is just getting the other glove or boot to move with the bodyslide sliders, which it doesn't want to. So I'm trying to figure out if it's a bone weight issue.

@cell

Here are a few .OBJ files that I have come across that cause problems.

The AnaStHa_suit.obj imports in fine and exports fine but throws up errors in nifskope when loading the nif file into it and loading it back into outfit studio shows that outfit studio got hungry and ate half of the outfit.

This one happened today the whole traced outfit files that I exported in .OBJ format cause outfit studio to throw up the fatal error.

The Dress manequin N100613.obj loads into outfit studio fine but throws up the fatal error on export. The file was a .3DS file but I converted it to .OBJ format.

problematic OBJ files.zip

@cell

Here are a few .OBJ files that I have come across that cause problems.

The AnaStHa_suit.obj imports in fine and exports fine but throws up errors in nifskope when loading the nif file into it and loading it back into outfit studio shows that outfit studio got hungry and ate half of the outfit.

This one happened today the whole traced outfit files that I exported in .OBJ format cause outfit studio to throw up the fatal error.

The Dress manequin N100613.obj loads into outfit studio fine but throws up the fatal error on export. The file was a .3DS file but I converted it to .OBJ format.

attachicon.gifproblematic OBJ files.zip

Thanks.

1.) The "AnaStHa_suit.obj" isn't triangulated. Now this wouldn't be a problem, Outfit Studio is smart enough to do that by itself.
However, it has 48934 faces (quads), and when Outfit Studio converts those to triangles, they become too many.

The NIF format only supports 65535 triangles and 65535 vertices for Skyrim.
Fallout 4 supports more triangles, but also only 65535 vertices as well.
This is an engine limitation and has nothing to do with Outfit Studio.

You will have to decimate the mesh in Blender/3ds max to remove half of the vertices, then it will be work because they make up fewer triangles.

2.) The "Dress_manequin N100613.obj" has the same issue as the "AnaStHa_suit.obj".
It has 94516 (!) triangles. The maximum supported by the Skyrim engine is, once again, 65535.
You will have to decimate half of the vertices again here in Blender/3ds max.

3.) The "traced shoe L.obj" and "traced shoe R.obj" have more than 70000 triangles as well, again you have to decimate half of the vertices.

4.) The "traced shirt.obj" and probably the rest of them don't have too many triangles. Those are fine.
But they're crashing, because for some reason they assign all of the faces to tons of groups (for example "g Chest" a lot of times).
You'll have to import that into another program that can read the OBJ and do a clean export of them without all these groups.

Ok thank you for checking them out. I have Z-brush but haven't really figured out how to use it other then for importing in .OBJ files that are having holes in the outfit when loaded into outfit studio which fixes that problem.

Loading the traced files into bender instead of zbrush allowed the files to load up correctly including the shoes except the shoes are all stretchy importing them into bender or any other 3d tool shows them looking fine but not when loaded into outfit studio will have to try something else on the file.

I ran the ana one throw bender and exported it and selected triangulate the file is now down to 5k something but outfit studio still eats it.

Ok thank you for checking them out. I have Z-brush but haven't really figured out how to use it other then for importing in .OBJ files that are having holes in the outfit when loaded into outfit studio which fixes that problem.

Loading the traced files into bender instead of zbrush allowed the files to load up correctly including the shoes except the shoes are all stretchy importing them into bender or any other 3d tool shows them looking fine but not when loaded into outfit studio will have to try something else on the file.

I ran the ana one throw bender and exported it and selected triangulate the file is now down to 5k something but outfit studio still eats it.

Triangulating isn't enough, Outfit Studio does that itself already.

You have to actually remove vertices and then triangulate it.

There's modifiers in Blender that you can use for reducing the mesh resolution (vertex count).

https://www.blender.org/manual/modeling/modifiers/generate/decimate.html

I suggest using the most recent Blender too, in case you aren't.

Unfortunately using decimate only causes outfit studio to crash with the fatal error on export the boots load in fine with no problem but fail on export even when I set decimate all the way down to 0.100 which brought face count down to 14869 for the boots.

Same happened with the ana file adjusting the decimate at all causes stretching manually adjusted number till it went away load it into outfit studio and then trying to export file causes a fatal error on export.

Unfortunately using decimate only causes outfit studio to crash with the fatal error on export the boots load in fine with no problem but fail on export even when I set decimate all the way down to 0.100 which brought face count down to 14869 for the boots.

Same happened with the ana file adjusting the decimate at all causes stretching manually adjusted number till it went away load it into outfit studio and then trying to export file causes a fatal error on export.

Can you send me the new OBJ(s)?

What are you exporting with? If Blender, tried these settings?

http://i.imgur.com/sM0Kg68.png (copy to new tab)