[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Hi

I've found this armor/clothing for UNP (or something similar): http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2100-highschool-hunny-armor-mashup/

I use sevenbase TBBP myself. So I follow this guide at the front page: GUIDE 3: Convert/Edit any outfit mesh (any body type):

Everything works fine in outfitstudio. I use my sevenbase femalbody_1.nif as reference. Looking up the corresponding mesh file for the armor (nif*1)

I remove the body which is already with the clothing. I do the magic brush thing, and duplicate the body as instructed. Then I export the nif file back to its mainlocation and overwrite.

Then I do the same with *_0.nif file.

When my character wear the outfit in Skyrim, it has huge gap between the head and the outfit. Just like a neckseam. But it's really not a seam. It's a major gap.

What I've done sofar (not sure if has anything to do with it though): I checked that my character has the height set to 1 in racemenu. Not wearing high heels or anything.

I've tried not to use the "move shape" function in case that had anything do to with it.

Same happens if my follower wear the outfit.

But no changes.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm going to try an another clothing/armor and see if same happens with that. But I suspect it's me not doing it correct. I'm new to bodyslide.

EDITED 24.11: I figured it out. The reason for the gap was that my reference body files (the nifs) was not aligned. To show it I added one femalehand_*.nif. Simply moving the body manually so that it fitted the hand solved my problem. I still wonder if this will have after effects later on if I convert more armors.

Is there somewhere or some way to download an older version of bodyslide, one that still works with 32bit operating systems....

Hi

I never thought about it, but it comes with two executable files. One for 64 and the other for 32.

the change log says that after 3.7.5 the 32bit was removed and it was made 64bit only. Am i just mistaking that as being 32bit is totally unavailable or it is completely gone in any newer version?

Is there somewhere or some way to download an older version of bodyslide, one that still works with 32bit operating systems....

Hi

I never thought about it, but it comes with two executable files. One for 64 and the other for 32.

the change log says that after 3.7.5 the 32bit was removed and it was made 64bit only. Am i just mistaking that as being 32bit is totally unavailable or it is completely gone in any newer version?

Hi

Late reply.. Sorry about that.

No no... that version only excluded some batch build function for 32bit system. What is? Dunno... I've just recently digged into this. Probably if your're going to convert a lot of outfits at the same time or something similar.

From the nexus page: "BodySlide: Removed multi-threaded batch build for the 32-bit executable. Only 64-bit now."

Hi

Hi

Late reply.. Sorry about that.

No no... that version only excluded some batch build function for 32bit system. What is? Dunno... I've just recently digged into this. Probably if your're going to convert a lot of outfits at the same time or something similar.

From the nexus page: "BodySlide: Removed multi-threaded batch build for the 32-bit executable. Only 64-bit now."

First, better late than never.

Now for the actual reason for my request.....attempting to use the bodyslide.exe which is supposedly the 32 bit version since the second exe is actually marked as a 64bit version, results in the following error message appearing.

bodyslide.exe is not a valid win32 application

thus it does not run on a 32bit operating system, or at least it doesn't on mine...namely windows xp { yes old but still works and nothing wrong with it }

so going back to my first post...where can i get an older version of bodyslide that will work on my computer.

because I did have one at one point before and did the stupid move of updating it thinking it would still work.....

Okay, so I'm having a strange problem. I made an edited version of the female body in Bodyslide, but then a lot of the standard clothes were clipping just a little, and some of the Bodyslide standard meshes I just didn't like. So I opened the outfits into the Outfit Studio to edit them and make them fit my base body.

The armor that I found a NON-BODYSLIDE generated mesh edited fine. I took it, fit it to my body, exported it, works great.

The clothing that was generated from Bodyslide turned into spaghetti. 

I did all of the editing between the two sets exactly the same. Is the Bodyslide clothing not editable because of the .tri files? Is there some way to import the bodyslide-made clothing into Outfit studio so that you can edit them and export them so that they don't turn into mush? Since I was able to import several armors that were never linked to Bodyslide and modify them, export them, and have them turn out fine, I know its not that Outfit Studio is just broken. So the problem has to stem from the Bodyslide generated meshes. But is there a way to fix this or do I have to scrap all the bodyslide built stuff and work on modifying everything I want through Outfit Studio to fit my body?

A speedy reply with clear and defined explanation would be most appreciated.

Kyuubii

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the activity in this thread is quite low compared with what it used to be, but still:

Thanks a ton for the guides on the frontpage.

Have anyone encountered troubles with colour variants after converting the armor/outfit? I just converted the outfit "simple knit" to 7base. It comes with 5-6 colour variants. However, after converting, it only shows up ingame in blue colour.

I usually convert outfits that have separated nif files for each colour. But the simple knit outfit does not have this. I wonder where this colour info is stored.

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but I haven't found a better one so hopefully someone can help.

I've been working on adding PregnancyBelly support to some of the CT77 armors. Most (all?) of them have the exact same Panty part that's by far the most clippy and time-consuming to fix. Is there a way I could fix the PregnancyBelly morph for Panty once, and import it into every subsequent outfit?

(I suppose there has to be, just haven't been able to find it.)

I have a question regarding different poses. With a bodysuit mesh, when bending any joints, the suit mesh goes into the body mesh and the body mesh shows. What can I do to make it so that the mesh bends while staying out of the body mesh?

standing

post-631477-0-87144300-1482095021_thumb.jpg

crouching 

post-631477-0-90451400-1482095023_thumb.jpg

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but I haven't found a better one so hopefully someone can help.

I've been working on adding PregnancyBelly support to some of the CT77 armors. Most (all?) of them have the exact same Panty part that's by far the most clippy and time-consuming to fix. Is there a way I could fix the PregnancyBelly morph for Panty once, and import it into every subsequent outfit?

(I suppose there has to be, just haven't been able to find it.)

I usually just go back into outfut studio and add a little more with the brush. The body mesh will have more space to move in.

But you could take a dive into the masking functions. I haven't used it yet. Maybe that's what you have to do.

Consider leave I comment here if you find out anything :)

Currently I'm trying to simply convert Daz Swimsuit Pack to Sevenbase using Outfit Studio, but once I'm done with the clipping fixes and want to export the .nif the program pops out an error "Fatal exception has occurred, the program will terminate." and crashes. Doesn't matter which outfit do I choose or what bodytype do I load in. Seems to be faulty in general. Is there any way around rather than fix it manually with Blender/3dsmax?

Hi

How did you do it? I'm trying to convert it to 7base myself. It's hard as hell. The 100% weight version is OK to convert. But the 0% weight version is a pain in the ass. Those small strings that goes all the way around the bikinis is streching like spaghettis around all axes. No matter what I do. Care to share some tips :shy:  ? Btw.. I use the same download from http://nsfwmods.com as you do.

EDITED: Crap what a dumbass I am. It was just to control + click both the bikini mesh and the "spaghetti"-strings and do the magical brush thing at the same time (instead of one by one)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm having a strange problem. I made an edited version of the female body in Bodyslide, but then a lot of the standard clothes were clipping just a little, and some of the Bodyslide standard meshes I just didn't like. So I opened the outfits into the Outfit Studio to edit them and make them fit my base body.

The armor that I found a NON-BODYSLIDE generated mesh edited fine. I took it, fit it to my body, exported it, works great.

The clothing that was generated from Bodyslide turned into spaghetti. 

I did all of the editing between the two sets exactly the same. Is the Bodyslide clothing not editable because of the .tri files? Is there some way to import the bodyslide-made clothing into Outfit studio so that you can edit them and export them so that they don't turn into mush? Since I was able to import several armors that were never linked to Bodyslide and modify them, export them, and have them turn out fine, I know its not that Outfit Studio is just broken. So the problem has to stem from the Bodyslide generated meshes. But is there a way to fix this or do I have to scrap all the bodyslide built stuff and work on modifying everything I want through Outfit Studio to fit my body?

A speedy reply with clear and defined explanation would be most appreciated.

Kyuubii

I think I am having the same problem, have you found a solution yet?  I have been trying to fix the clipping with the LUX CBBE HDT set and some others, and I have followed Bodyslide for Dummies to the T I thought, but maybe even that's over my head :( .  Here is what every outfit turns out like.post-693301-0-71846000-1483248169_thumb.jpg

I have these issues in my game where certain armors clip because they're too far to the front. My bodyslide does not show previews for some reason, just a blank screen and I can't seem to upload screenshots here. I really want to get this all fixed and am kinda getting tired of this.
Problems are with the Draugr HDT skirt and the bikini armors.
they are just too far to the front, belly gap armor, and then there's the backside of the armor clipped in the body.
Can someone help me please?

I've been through every thing on this list, but the one thing I'm failing at finding is a way to make conversions or conversion references from UUNP HDT to CBBE HDT, since I don't use UUNP and changing now is a definite no go since I'm mid playthrough, is there an *easy* way to make or find a conversion reference if not any ideas on the best way to make one.

I'm good at converting just not good at Conversion references.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have a set of armors I'm trying to convert. The problem is, it's the same few changes to each armor set, and the set in question is a complete armor replacer. Is there a quicker way to change them all at once or do I have to go in individually to convert each armor?

Thanks

So, I have a set of armors I'm trying to convert. The problem is, it's the same few changes to each armor set, and the set in question is a complete armor replacer. Is there a quicker way to change them all at once or do I have to go in individually to convert each armor?

Thanks

conversion sliders/sets. they let you use the "batch build" option in bodyslide. it automagically applies your body peset to the armor (has limitations though, read up on it before messing up your files...and make a backup)

hope this helps ;)

Thanks

If you are talking about Outfit Studio ... You can save the final mesh as a 3D object, then load it over the mesh not converted to replace it and the textures will be recognized automatically, saving you a LOT of time, that's what I do when I convert large packages of armor or clothes.

hi I believe i understand the basics of guide 3 converting a mesh to a bodyslide preset.

Step 1 load new file (_1.nif)

Step 2  delete body

Step 3 use inflate/deflate brush on each layer to remove poly clippings on clothes

Step 4 Add new body to outfit by duplicating your reference body  

Step 5 bbp copying selected weights to each layer including body

Step 6 export

my problem is that when i go into my game nothing changes at all even though i have overwritten the (_1.nif) file my armour remains unp 

This is the file i am trying to make cbbe hdt bodyslide files of https://zzjay88.wordpress.com/2014/11/17/zzjays-skyrim-attire-wip/

I am specifically trying to convert Elizabeth Dewitt"s dress from bioshock infinite.

any help is greatly appreciated  

my problem is that when i go into my game nothing changes at all even though i have overwritten the (_1.nif) file my armour remains unp

did you reeeaaaalllyy make sure the files are in the right folder AND nothing is overriding them? had that happen before, it wasn't fun to figure out...

if you're using MO there's a neat little trick you can try: make a new folder in /mods and name it something you can recognise again (name of the outfit for example) and give it the file structure of a mod. place at the end of your load order (drag and drop to the bottom, if it isn't by default) and it should show up!

also useful if you want to use diefferent armor/outfit packs and there's some outfits from this mod some from that mod and you want to make sure the right ones make it into the game^^

I'm confused.  I have Outfit Studio installed.  I download a custom outfit I want to convert.  I import the NIF file BUT when I select the base body there are no sliders?  I also checked the sliders folder in Windows Explorer and there are no XML files to load?

That is frequent, and very annoying.