[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

• 3 weeks later...

I found an external outfit I liked that didn't come with a bodyslide folder: Mai's Clothes at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

So after ages of not understanding outfit studio I followed this tutorial: Bodyslide 2: Fast Vanilla To CBBE Conversion Demo - YouTube

as close as I could and managed to eventually get the outfit to conform to a custom body, copied HDT animation values and all.

...only the body weight slider in game doesn't change the outfit's appearance at all, just in bodyslide/outfit studio;

so my character is always stuck at max weight if this outfit is on.

Still looks pretty cool, though. post-776702-0-42425600-1487962759_thumb.jpgpost-776702-0-09287800-1487962859_thumb.jpg

Well...to me anyways.

Main question, how the heck do I get the weight slider to work in-game on the outfit?

Thanks for the Tutorial!  I've been messing around with some of the meshes for the Eisen Plate armor to better fit the minimum size armor to my character.  While I've been able to fix most of the clipping issues, I ran across the below in game.

tumblr_om0ja9xDOy1w73001o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_om0ja9xDOy1w73001o5_1280.jpg

I think it has something to do with the HDT weighting in the breasts, but I'm not looking to apply that to this armor. (It's metal after all, it doesn't make sense to have it bounce!) Is there anyway to "Mask"(fairly certain I'm not using the term right) those breasts?

If you could direct me to the correct guide number on here, I think I can take it from there.

Thanks.  

-Update: I got it sorted out by removing the breast bones and reducing the body that was covered by the armor.  

Hi,

I rebuilt my character's body and now it won't jiggle anymore.  I just went in and tweaked a few of the default CBBE Curvy sliders, clicked "Save As", and clicked "Build".

Afterward I tried separately uninstalling/reinstalling HDT BBP and Bodyslide but it didn't help.  (Also made sure to generate FNIS and run LOOT every time, don't know if that has anything to do with it.)

Any ideas?

I didn't change any mods while I did this but here's my current load order just in case:

92c696c33b34ebecc1fdbf7f3159bf1a.png

0f766458a0a27525d41a88541cba6d6c.png

Hi,

I rebuilt my character's body and now it won't jiggle anymore.  I just went in and tweaked a few of the default CBBE Curvy sliders, clicked "Save As", and clicked "Build".

Afterward I tried separately uninstalling/reinstalling HDT BBP and Bodyslide but it didn't help.  (Also made sure to generate FNIS and run LOOT every time, don't know if that has anything to do with it.)

Any ideas?

Hi Stawbrary,

I had a few issues with this myself.  Re-install your body mod with the HDT.  Check and see if it works before you tweak your Sliders.

It happened to me all the time when I hit "build" because Bodyslide rebuilt my body without the correct weight being attached to the breasts.  At least that's what I could tell was happening.  

Hi,

Any ideas?

Hi Stawbrary,

I had a few issues with this myself.  Re-install your body mod with the HDT.  Check and see if it works before you tweak your Sliders.

It happened to me all the time when I hit "build" because Bodyslide rebuilt my body without the correct weight being attached to the breasts.  At least that's what I could tell was happening.  

I finally figured out what the problem was.  For "Outfit/Body", I had default "CBBE Body" selected, instead of "CBBE Body HDT".  

I wouldn't have thought to look at that if you hadn't pointed me in the right direction.  Thanks djregs! 

I've converted this custom follower's outfit, so I can use it with a zeroed sliders body (recommended for BodyGen).

Now when I try to use it the morph sliders using RaceMenu aren't doing anything.

When building the .nif-files I've checked the "Build Morphs" checkbox and it also produces a .tri-file.

The folder where I've put the .nif- and .tri-files has the same folder structure as the original mod, so using MO it overwrites the original's assets.

The new files aren't overwritten by anything else either.

When looking inside the .esp the file name of the used model is the same as well.

As a test I've built the outfit again with overblown proportions to see if it is being used ingame and so it was, which confirms the right .nif is loaded.

The morph won't work for some reason.

All my other conversions are working just fine, though :x

Any idea what's wrong?

This is driving me crazy.

Edit:

Added a .zip-file with the BodySlide project and the shape data.

Drasili_Follower_Outfit_Conversion.zip

Hi. I am having my first go of converting an outfit to CBBE HDT Bodyslide -  Love III - (I would like to add the author's name here but I don't know. mb ProType? I think he/she made a Love I and II? anywho, you are awesome, ty for all the lovely things)

So for a first attempt, it went kinda well. I got some clipping, and it got a bit squashed in places,  but I have bounce and no neck seams and  :shy:  I will go back and have a go at the clipping and squish. What I don't understand is why I got a brown body too. I have no doubt missed a step somewhere. Here is a pic.

y5Kvl5M.png

Also, there are multiple dresses in the mod. They all use the same mesh, just different textures. Is there a way I can group them all together so I don't have to convert each one individually?

here is a link to the original

http://mitakusaner.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1673.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi- came here for help on learning BS/OS for simple stuff- converting some armor to my actual body.

All the image links are broken (infinite spinny-thing eventually times out), and this tutorial is over 2 years old so I don't know if it still applies to BS 4.2.3. Does anyone know where I might find an up-to-date tutorial with working images? Thanks.

Soo I've been having a bit of trouble, I'm trying to convert the vanilla daedric armor so I can have scaling and hdt on the thing I usually run around in. Follow the conversion guide, build the outfit and everything seems great until I equip it in game. It shows up on the character when equipping, but as soon as I close the inventory I get a CTD...

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Almost the same issue as Nico, I followed the guide for getting rid of clipping on a particular armor and exported the Nif and it seemed to work fine. As soon as I try to equip it in game however the game immediately crashes to desktop. Not really sure what I did wrong, if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. I have no idea if I'll get any help, but what the hell - give it a shot.

I have a custom body in Bodyslide that (For the life of me) cannot figure out how to make it a template in outfit studio. It is both an Outfit/body, and a preset in Bodyslide. And I'm not trying to convert mesh to mesh, but have my custom body mesh (Which is compatible with Bodyslide) show up in outfit studio as a Template. 

(Side note, I'm probably betting on something to do with .XML files.)

Any help would be awesome, I'm at wit's end beyond just manually editing the clothing meshes - a ineffective and time-costing way (Considering I have multiple CBBE outfits that I want to conform to this body-mesh (and no, they don't show up in batch builds :P))

Additional details:

I installed Bodyslide & Outfit studio via. MO

I use MO (Obvs.)

The body is CBBE, but a custom HDT version called "Clams of Skyrim." 

• 1 month later...

Have a question, i have a Mod that only includes Nif_1 meshes, is there a way to make the Nif_0 from them in Outfit Studio/Bodyslide??.

when you 'save as' the project, OS asks for the mesh directory (2nd box) where the _0/_1 files go. Bodyslide will save them there.

Can anyone give me advice on how to add pregnant belly support to this mod? I'm terrible at this and cant figure it out on my own.

I just really want to get it working and Ive been trying for a while, so I would extremely appreciate any help anyone has to offer! I'd even be willing to donate some money if theres a converter in here whos willing to do it :D

Thanks in advance!

_op+Widowmaker+Bodyslide+v0.8.7z

Can anyone give me advice on how to add pregnant belly support to this mod? I'm terrible at this and cant figure it out on my own.

I just really want to get it working and Ive been trying for a while, so I would extremely appreciate any help anyone has to offer! I'd even be willing to donate some money if theres a converter in here whos willing to do it :D

Thanks in advance!

So someone pointed out that I need to post the link the mod, so here is where I got it from if anyone is willing to help me:

http://mitakusaner.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1401.html

I'm just not sure how to properly do the conversion for this specific armor. Its supposed to be cbbe hdt bodyslide, but it doesn't fit the cbbe body when I open it in OS, so when I try to copy bones etc, it comes out all messed up.

This is my favorite armor mod so I would be immensely appreciative if anyone can help me with this :D