Jump to content

Enthralled: Custom Npc Quests for Paradise Halls and Diary of Mine


Recommended Posts

Posted
5 minutes ago, Thunderballs said:

Sorry if I’m blind and missed this in the thread. Is there an ID for the quest stages of this mod somewhere? The thing is, I decided to complete the quest in the mod for Belethor’s sister after I had already enslaved Ysolda in DOM (loading is not an option — that was a very long time ago). I would like to know if it’s possible to skip this task in the quest with the console.

I'm not sure which quest you're talking about. There's no sister of Belethor added in the mod. Are you talking about the quest with the Thalmor High Elf you buy from Belethor? What part are you trying to skip?

 

And I don't think enslaving Ysolda would block any quest if Belethor is still alive.

 

The quest with the High Elves has ID PqTh01, and its stages are:

0: start's up the quest and places Curime in the world to pick up. This stage is set after buying her from Belethor. (the map marker is separate and won't show up)

10: You have enslaved Curime, waiting until her training gets high enough

15: Curime has given you the starting information in forced dialogue

20: You have information about Iniel and her artifact (this is the stage where this quest shows up in your journal)

30: got Iniel location from the Thalmor fort 

40: captured Iniel, wait until she has high enough training

50: Iniel got enough training and told you about the artifact

100: picked up the artifact, quest ends and fully shuts down.

 

Note that the enslaving is done through dialogue, setstage won't add them to DOM/PAH.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So I haven't done much lately in regards to Skyrim except watch the nexus and the lab every few days or so.

 

Something caught my eye that could make a future idea for an Enthralled Repeatable

 

It came from Monster Hunter Missives

 

Quote

 

Wilderness/Griffin Hunt

 

These spawn at a random distance at a random direction from your position once you are far enough away from a city. This is totally random so the marker may land in a bad spot - no worries - there is a new button in the MCM called "re-sight the quarry" in the wilderness hunt page.  This button will move that marker to a new spawn without having to pick up the quest again (only affects the that related hunt).  The target doesnt spawn until you reach the marker so you are free to move it until you like where it lands 

 

This could really livin up as an Enthralled radiant quest without having to go to a clearable location

 

Maybe something like "A slave has escaped from their master".

This Target could maybe possibly be initially hostile and will go down into bleedout when defeated with options like Fjora's Duel

You could also have a bit of creativity as a post story if you add uniques. 

Like say giving them to an info broker and they may wind up as a Unique Jail or Slaver Slave. Either they kept at what they were doing and go caught or enslaved. Or they were brought back to their previous master who beat and trained them as punishment and then sold them off to a slaver.

 

Haven't gotten around to testing this to see if Monster Hunter Missives plays nice with the Enthralled Missive patch.

 

Edited by McLovin3
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kanerah said:

Sooooo...any content coming up? 

I haven't had much time to mod recently, so I don't have anything ready to go. I do have some conceptual work for new quests. 

 

Recently, I've been thinking about adding a next stage to the Unwilling Bride quest. This is still rough ideas, but if you're curious:

 

Spoiler

You get news that Janus Lucasta, the former groom, has given up on Silvia after you wiped out his organisation in Skyrim. Instead, he found another bride, from a smaller noble family. Said bride was travelling when her family was making the deal, and she just happened to be in Skyrim at the time. (I was thinking to place her in the Eldergleam sanctuary, a religious pilgrimage seems like a plausible reason that she's in Skyrim and can't just go back to Cyrodiil.)

 

Silvia wants to save this girl from the marriage that she escaped, and asks you to take this girl under your protection as well. The trick is convincing someone who doesn't know the rumors about Janus Lucasta to become a slave instead of marrying him.

 

Here, my ideas aren't pinned down yet on what to do exactly. I think this quest would be most interesting if there are multiple routes to complete it.
One idea I had is to give her a boyfriend (or girlfriend?) of common birth. The girl's parents had just agreed that they'd allow them being together, only for that permission to disappear when Janus showed interest. This would add several options already:

*convince the boyfriend of the danger, and tell him to walk away. This makes convincing the girl a bit easier.

*convince the boyfriend to become a slave as well. Obviously this should be quite difficult, but makes convincing the girl as will a lot easier.

*the boyfriend was being chased by Lucasta thugs, and you were too late to save him (deliberately or not). Makes convincing the girl easier.

*you kill the boyfriend, and blame it on the Lucasta thugs, same result as above, but requires a speech check.

 

As for convincing the girl, I'm thinking it depends on several factors. Maybe each success adds a hidden point, and the girl can be convinced if your total points are high enough.

*The boyfriend scenario above could result in earning some points depending on what you achieved with him.

*if you allow Silvia to speak to her, she'll put some doubt in her, which counts for another succes

*a speech check, either I make one hard check for a success, or I make it so that a speech check is always required to convince the girl, but the number of successes lowers the difficulty.

*some other option I haven't fully figured out yet, maybe finding some independent evidence of Janus's danger.

 

And if convincing her fails, you could just kidnap her for her own good.

 

I had some other ideas for standalone quests, but mostly concepts with a rough outline.

 

 

A lot is going to depend on the amount of time I'll have in the near future. Glad to know there's still interest.

Edited by a_random_user
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I'm having a problem which I hope can be easily solved.

 

I'm playing with the Missives patch, and for a while, rescue missions were showing on the various boards. Now though, none have shown up for quite a while. I've tried waiting many in-game days, but still nothing. Other missives from this mod are showing up just fine though.

 

Is there a quest ID I should check to see if it's running? Any way to trigger the creation of these missives via a console command?

Edited by Thaladrius
Posted
On 9/2/2026 at 6:01 AM, a_random_user said:

Glad to know there's still interest.

 

Since finding this mod, it has become an indispensable part of my DoM modlist. I like that well thought out quests have to be completed to get some of these ladies.

 

I also play with SkyrimNet, so these characters really come to life with their various backgrounds. 

 

Thanks for all the work you've put into making this.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Thaladrius said:

I'm having a problem which I hope can be easily solved.

 

I'm playing with the Missives patch, and for a while, rescue missions were showing on the various boards. Now though, none have shown up for quite a while. I've tried waiting many in-game days, but still nothing. Other missives from this mod are showing up just fine though.

 

Is there a quest ID I should check to see if it's running? Any way to trigger the creation of these missives via a console command?

The rescue quest all follow the naming scheme:

PqRaRescueBandit**01
 

Where ** stands for the hold's name shortened (Markarth is MK, Riften is RF, Solitude is SL, Whiterun is WR, and Windhelm is WH), so PqRaRescueBanditWR01 is the quest to rescue from a bandit camp given in Whiterun.

 

PqRaRescueMageAll01

PqRaRescueCaveAll01

The mage and the cave rescues share 1 quest for all holds, so only a single one can be active at all times. This was because of the number of vanilla mage or cave dungeons that were set up for captives is quite low, often only 1 or 2 in an entire hold, 

 

They won't refresh if that quest is already running, you can use the sqv command to check if it's currently running. For example

sqv PqRaRescueBanditWR01

 

To force a quest to start, set its stage to 0, for example

setstage PqRaRescueBanditWR01 0

The note should appear on the missive board

 

If the quest was already running, you can set it to stage 190 to force it closed and clean up all references.

setstage PqRaRescueBanditWR01 190

 

 

If forcing it to start doesn't work and the quest immediately closes, there might be an issue with filling an alias. If this is a save that has been running for a while, you might have done all possible clearable dungeons. I might have to check the system how it would react to that and see if I need to set it to reuse cleared dungeons.

 

Edit: I did a quick check, the rescue quests were not flagged to allow cleared dungeons, I've made an updated version of the esp that corrects these flags. If it works I can include this in the next update. This version for the DOM version, let it overwrite the Enthralled DOM patch.

Enthralled reusable rescue locations DOM.7z

Edited by a_random_user
Posted
11 hours ago, a_random_user said:

The rescue quest all follow the naming scheme:

PqRaRescueBandit**01
 

Where ** stands for the hold's name shortened (Markarth is MK, Riften is RF, Solitude is SL, Whiterun is WR, and Windhelm is WH), so PqRaRescueBanditWR01 is the quest to rescue from a bandit camp given in Whiterun.

 

PqRaRescueMageAll01

PqRaRescueCaveAll01

The mage and the cave rescues share 1 quest for all holds, so only a single one can be active at all times. This was because of the number of vanilla mage or cave dungeons that were set up for captives is quite low, often only 1 or 2 in an entire hold, 

 

They won't refresh if that quest is already running, you can use the sqv command to check if it's currently running. For example

sqv PqRaRescueBanditWR01

 

To force a quest to start, set its stage to 0, for example

setstage PqRaRescueBanditWR01 0

The note should appear on the missive board

 

If the quest was already running, you can set it to stage 190 to force it closed and clean up all references.

setstage PqRaRescueBanditWR01 190

 

 

If forcing it to start doesn't work and the quest immediately closes, there might be an issue with filling an alias. If this is a save that has been running for a while, you might have done all possible clearable dungeons. I might have to check the system how it would react to that and see if I need to set it to reuse cleared dungeons.

 

Edit: I did a quick check, the rescue quests were not flagged to allow cleared dungeons, I've made an updated version of the esp that corrects these flags. If it works I can include this in the next update. This version for the DOM version, let it overwrite the Enthralled DOM patch.

Enthralled reusable rescue locations DOM.7z 149.23 kB · 1 download

 

Of the various holds, the Solitude one (PqRaRescueBanditSL01) was not at stage 0, but at stage 205. Before writing my above post, I had reset the quest so it is now at stage 0. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up by not setting to stage 190 first.

 

PqRaRescueCaveALL01 and PqRaRescueMageALL01 are at stage 210. Is this normal for them?

 

Also, I do appreciate the attached esp to test, but I am still running version 1.7.2 because your changelog advises not to update if the Riften Nobles and Beggars quest is active, which in my case, it is. I suspect the esp you attached is from version 1.7.4? I loaded it up to test is anyway, just not saving my game... waited three in-game days and checked the Missive boards in each city - still no rescue missions appear. :(  A new one to deliver cuffs to Ghagrub showed up, so something is definitely running.

Posted

I have one suggestion for custom order quests: I think it would be very handy for them to be in the main quests section and the requirements for slave's skills to be visible in the description of the quest in the journal. Because I frequently open notes to check if the slave is already trained enough, it would be more comfortable to check the required skills in the journal.

Posted
13 hours ago, Thaladrius said:

 

Of the various holds, the Solitude one (PqRaRescueBanditSL01) was not at stage 0, but at stage 205. Before writing my above post, I had reset the quest so it is now at stage 0. Hopefully I didn't mess anything up by not setting to stage 190 first.

 

PqRaRescueCaveALL01 and PqRaRescueMageALL01 are at stage 210. Is this normal for them?

 

Also, I do appreciate the attached esp to test, but I am still running version 1.7.2 because your changelog advises not to update if the Riften Nobles and Beggars quest is active, which in my case, it is. I suspect the esp you attached is from version 1.7.4? I loaded it up to test is anyway, just not saving my game... waited three in-game days and checked the Missive boards in each city - still no rescue missions appear. :(  A new one to deliver cuffs to Ghagrub showed up, so something is definitely running.

Where they still running? When a quest stops, it will still show its stage as the last it had. The Sqv command shows if it's running or stopped on a separate line.

If you could set the stage to 0, and the quest registered it, that's a sign that the quest was stopped earlier. If you try to set a lower stage on a running quest, it won't register in sqv (it will still run the scripts if they hadn't run before).

 

In general, setting to stage 0 won't hurt, but it will only have effect if the quest was stopped earlier.

 

the relevance of the stages:

 

205 is the stage that's set when you get the thanks note after rescuing and freeing a captive.

210 is the end stage when you decided to keep the captive for yourself

220 is the end stage when you decided to hire the captive as a slaver

 

These are all stop stages, where the quest cleans up all hanging references and closes itself. If you got those stages from the console, it's very likely that they closed down correctly, stopping the quest, and then never started again after that.

 

And the esp is indeed based on version 1.7.4. If the cleared dungeons were the issue, doing that test should have exposed it. Did you do the setstage to 0 with this esp as well? If the stage is at 0 and the quest is running, the note should be available, that's a way to force the start of a quest.

 

Posted
37 minutes ago, a_random_user said:

Where they still running? When a quest stops, it will still show its stage as the last it had. The Sqv command shows if it's running or stopped on a separate line.

If you could set the stage to 0, and the quest registered it, that's a sign that the quest was stopped earlier. If you try to set a lower stage on a running quest, it won't register in sqv (it will still run the scripts if they hadn't run before).

 

In general, setting to stage 0 won't hurt, but it will only have effect if the quest was stopped earlier.

 

the relevance of the stages:

 

205 is the stage that's set when you get the thanks note after rescuing and freeing a captive.

210 is the end stage when you decided to keep the captive for yourself

220 is the end stage when you decided to hire the captive as a slaver

 

These are all stop stages, where the quest cleans up all hanging references and closes itself. If you got those stages from the console, it's very likely that they closed down correctly, stopping the quest, and then never started again after that.

 

And the esp is indeed based on version 1.7.4. If the cleared dungeons were the issue, doing that test should have exposed it. Did you do the setstage to 0 with this esp as well? If the stage is at 0 and the quest is running, the note should be available, that's a way to force the start of a quest.

 

 

No, none of the rescue quests were running. SQV showed - Enabled: No, State: Stopped, Priority: 60. Other than the three I had mentioned, Current Stage: 0.

 

I just assumed that the quests wouldn't be running unless first triggered by another script, and then only keep running once I accepted the note and/or finished the quest.

Posted
5 hours ago, Thaladrius said:

 

No, none of the rescue quests were running. SQV showed - Enabled: No, State: Stopped, Priority: 60. Other than the three I had mentioned, Current Stage: 0.

 

I just assumed that the quests wouldn't be running unless first triggered by another script, and then only keep running once I accepted the note and/or finished the quest.

If they are stopped at stage 0, something went wrong with the quest start, probably an alias. The most likely would be the dungeon, but I'll go over them and see if there's something I missed the last time.

 

If the note is on the board, then the quest is running and waiting until the player picks it up.

Posted
On 9/16/2026 at 8:09 AM, a_random_user said:

If they are stopped at stage 0, something went wrong with the quest start, probably an alias. The most likely would be the dungeon, but I'll go over them and see if there's something I missed the last time.

 

If the note is on the board, then the quest is running and waiting until the player picks it up.

 

I tried to manually start one of them while in Whiterun but that didn't work... I figured I had nothing to lose by trying and could simply reload - which I did anyway. :)

 

That last point is helpful. I can simply check via console if any of them are running no matter where I am. I was previously running around to all the cities with Missives boards to check for rescue notes. :joy:

Posted
On 9/17/2026 at 12:40 PM, Thaladrius said:

 

I tried to manually start one of them while in Whiterun but that didn't work... I figured I had nothing to lose by trying and could simply reload - which I did anyway. :)

 

That last point is helpful. I can simply check via console if any of them are running no matter where I am. I was previously running around to all the cities with Missives boards to check for rescue notes. :joy:

 

Just a quick update:

 

I finished the Riften Beggars and Nobles questline, updated to v1.7.4 and used the esp file you attached above. Unfortunately, rescue missions are still not showing up.

Posted

Small suggestion/request?

For the rescue missions, for custom/player added npcs or those already in the mod?

Something like different options to induce them into being enslaved:

a) Persuade them ( Mid Speechcraft check) / Npc gains Loyalty boost

b) Intimidate ( Low speechcraft)/ Submission and Fear boost

c) Seduce them promising you'll take care of them( High Speechcraft check)/ Love boost

d) Simply enslave them/No gain ( npc may try to run away)

 

Imo, it would feel more natural, immersive than every npc simply agreeing to be enslaved through same option.

 

 

Posted

Noticed the non-uniques brought from a jail don't seem to get a DoM diary but if i go out into the world and capture a bandit myself they will get a diary as part of the enslavement, is there a way to get a diary for the purchased non-uniques?

Posted
1 hour ago, pinky6225 said:

Noticed the non-uniques brought from a jail don't seem to get a DoM diary but if i go out into the world and capture a bandit myself they will get a diary as part of the enslavement, is there a way to get a diary for the purchased non-uniques?

Odd, I thought I solved that issue a long time ago. I can confirm that it now also happens to me, perhaps I accidentality broke it, or some internal DOM function has changed since. I'll have to investigate to find out.

Previously, DOM's safety features would eventually detect that a slave is missing their diary and spawn it in their inventory. But I currently have had no success in getting DOM to spawn the missing diary using only in game methods.

 

I'll add this to my task list for the next update, hopefully it won't be a hard fix. In the meantime, the Read Diary spell still functions, though it isn't as nice as the actual books.

Posted (edited)

Found something else, I was doing Esmee's quest

Spoiler

Decided to visit Kjor first as i read in the quest spoiler it makes his sister easier but after killing him quest didn't update

ScreenShot512.jpg.a8418821c51ec068a6dae511d5420f87.jpg

ScreenShot513.jpg.8065bed01fff1af1a24364d97a18d6b5.jpgBette did the dialogue fine but stayed at stage 5 even when he was dead, tried twice by reloading a save before entering but same thing, just lied there dead with the marker on him still. I'd used the dialogue where he challenges you to a duel

 

Ended up doing setstage to stage 8 and then the rest of the quest worked fine and Fryssa recognised i'd killed him

ScreenShot514.jpg.f0ca0be2d78f6158a16f5ebf6a57d9c9.jpg

 

Edited by pinky6225
Posted
4 hours ago, pinky6225 said:

Found something else, I was doing Esmee's quest

  Reveal hidden contents

Decided to visit Kjor first as i read in the quest spoiler it makes his sister easier but after killing him quest didn't update

ScreenShot512.jpg.a8418821c51ec068a6dae511d5420f87.jpg

ScreenShot513.jpg.8065bed01fff1af1a24364d97a18d6b5.jpgBette did the dialogue fine but stayed at stage 5 even when he was dead, tried twice by reloading a save before entering but same thing, just lied there dead with the marker on him still. I'd used the dialogue where he challenges you to a duel

 

Ended up doing setstage to stage 8 and then the rest of the quest worked fine and Fryssa recognised i'd killed him

ScreenShot514.jpg.f0ca0be2d78f6158a16f5ebf6a57d9c9.jpg

 

Sounds like the OnDead event didn't trigger correctly. I'll check it out to see if I missed something with the setup, though I tested those options a bunch when I added the scene with Bette, there's always the chance I didn't catch something. 

That event only set the stage of the quest, so setting it manually would fully fix it, that's one of the reasons I moved to setting all important scripts on quest stages. Skyrim has the weird quirk to just miss an event or script for some users, but not for others.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...