yeah this might be kind of broken with the new sexlab verisons... i mean the mod does work for me. i.e. potions and condoms show up everywhere (bandits/crafting).

the only "problem" is that it always shows "player not involved, skipping condom script" or something like that in the console... so i guess it somehow doesnt register the player in a sex animation?

Problem is in PlayerInvolved variable. It is always false. I changed from:

if SexLab.IsActorActive(ThePlayer)

PlayerInvolved = true
else
PlayerInvolved = false
endIf

to:

PlayerInvolved = PlayerThread.HasPlayer

and mod started working again (didnt test on false positive when NPC-NPC sex happends though).Sorry for possible errors, but i am not modder and i had not much time on complete code review....

This may have already been suggested or asked before but, what about dialog to ask NPCs if they are clean or infected and with what STD they have, with an adjustable percentage chance for them to lie about their STD (because that shit is embarrassing, and word spreads fast around town ;))?

Also the ability for condoms to somehow be compatible with pregnancy mods would be nice (if possible), I guess you could say the condom broke, but still..

"Daddy's broken condom" :D

This is a mod I cannot see playing without (as is Wear and Tear), having tons of sex all over Skyrim with no penalties gets boring quickly... so thanks for taking the time to make this for the community. 

I am currently using Classified's version (thanks), but these issues existed prior to updating, and I am not sure if they can or will be fixed, but I'd like to bring them up to help any further development.

Condom usage for blowjobs seems 100% which doesn't seem realistic, as well as for lesbian scenes (though maybe not 100% of the time). This may be detecting the wrong scenes from SL, or SL assigning the wrong scenes. I seem to get a lot of lesbian scenes when my female pc offers a blowjob. This gets annoying when say you are low on condoms and want to just offer "safe" options (like a bj) instead of using all your condoms, but they get used anyway.

The MCM menu seems nice, but I don't think it works, at least most of what I change doesn't.

Potion effectiveness set to 100% and it always seems to fail at least once.

Chances of contracting diseases setting to 0 doesn't stop it, for instance oral, or setting really low doesn't seem to match the percentage.
Checkboxes for what scenes you can contract disease during, unchecking blowjobs, cunnilingus, etc doesn't stop contraction (I have also adjusted the random chances).

I would get bored quickly without mods like this, so I would love to see updates continue.

Thanks

@Z0mbieP00Nani: 1st offered change is possible, but that will be mod content change (not compatibility issue i fixed) and i am not mod author, so i think it will be not be very polite to change other people mod without his/her approval :) . A2B was last time online in this forum at 20140518, so better ask him. About second offer... Technically all is possible, but that change may need to change pregnancy mod too (if pregnancy mod doesn't have flag like "this sex cannot lead to pregnancy" already (don't offer oral flag, because some STDs you can recieve only from oral sex)) and that means to change another author mod without his/her approval.

@Whacked: I think you are right about "these issues exised prior to updating". Anyway, i can check formulas which are used to calculate these possibilities and fix them if there is such error, but still... i am not author. I will try to check them tomorrow or tuesday (sorry, but i have not very much free time :().

Hello
sorry for my bad english. :) I use google translator.
Since SexLabFramework.v157 the mod seems to stop working correctly. We may find anywhere in Skyrim, the bottles for a cure, but a Infiziernung or the like does not occur :exclamation: . Does anyone have the same problems?

@geili - Try Classified1's version a few posts or a page back, it works fine with 1.57 for me.

@Classified1 - Thanks for your work updating this, and if there is anything you can do to fix some of the problems, I doubt a2b would be furious about it! Extra functions and improvements might be the domain of the author, so let a2b decide to do it or collaborate with you for them. I can live with with the things that are wrong now that it works with 1.57, it would be nice for it to work as intended based on the mcm settngs though. :)

@Whacked: Hmm... tried some of bugs you mentioned (all 3 which are related for mcm). And cannot repeat none of 3 errors you mentioned... Can you give more precise information, please? I mean can you tell:

1. can you turn STD debug mode on and try to catch info in console window?

2. which gender are you playing?

3. was problems you mentioned in consensual sex, PC was victor or victim?

4. can you try (just to exclude possible mistake in save game) fresh new game from beginning and try to repeat that mistakes again?

Really sorry, but cannot repeat these errors  :s . Does anyone else have such problems?

This is a mod I cannot see playing without (as is Wear and Tear), having tons of sex all over Skyrim with no penalties gets boring quickly... so thanks for taking the time to make this for the community. 

I am currently using Classified's version (thanks), but these issues existed prior to updating, and I am not sure if they can or will be fixed, but I'd like to bring them up to help any further development.

Condom usage for blowjobs seems 100% which doesn't seem realistic, as well as for lesbian scenes (though maybe not 100% of the time). This may be detecting the wrong scenes from SL, or SL assigning the wrong scenes. I seem to get a lot of lesbian scenes when my female pc offers a blowjob. This gets annoying when say you are low on condoms and want to just offer "safe" options (like a bj) instead of using all your condoms, but they get used anyway.

The MCM menu seems nice, but I don't think it works, at least most of what I change doesn't.

Potion effectiveness set to 100% and it always seems to fail at least once.

Chances of contracting diseases setting to 0 doesn't stop it, for instance oral, or setting really low doesn't seem to match the percentage.

Checkboxes for what scenes you can contract disease during, unchecking blowjobs, cunnilingus, etc doesn't stop contraction (I have also adjusted the random chances).

I would get bored quickly without mods like this, so I would love to see updates continue.

Thanks

you realize you can pass herpies and genital warts through unprotected oral sex right? IT would make more sense though that you can't pass aids that way or that the chance for catching aids like that is extremely low. Like 3% because you can only pass aids orally if your gums are cut or bleeding. You should be able to spread syphliss the same way also because its spread by skin contact. Not sure about the claps though.

• 2 weeks later...

@Classified - thanks for looking into the issues. When I get a chance to play I'll see if I can grab any debug info. Potion effectiveness should be easy to check, and repeat, I have never had a potion work on the first try when set to 100%, on new saves, old saves, etc.

When I noticed that setting the percentage for oral transmission of a disease to 2%, I still contracted a disease in 5 or 6 oral acts, which is a lot more than 2% chance, being incredibly unlucky is a possibility, but it kept happening. Then I tried setting percentage to 0, setting the random chance to +1 (I think the lowest it can be set for +), -20, and unchecking the box for oral, and it kept happening, so it seemed to me that whatever I set in the menu wasn't working in game. I'll post back when I have some debug info.

@JUSSME - You realize there are potions to cure AIDS, Herpes and Syphilis in this mod right? We aren't dealing with reality here are we?

• 2 weeks later...

@Classified - thanks for looking into the issues. When I get a chance to play I'll see if I can grab any debug info. Potion effectiveness should be easy to check, and repeat, I have never had a potion work on the first try when set to 100%, on new saves, old saves, etc.

When I noticed that setting the percentage for oral transmission of a disease to 2%, I still contracted a disease in 5 or 6 oral acts, which is a lot more than 2% chance, being incredibly unlucky is a possibility, but it kept happening. Then I tried setting percentage to 0, setting the random chance to +1 (I think the lowest it can be set for +), -20, and unchecking the box for oral, and it kept happening, so it seemed to me that whatever I set in the menu wasn't working in game. I'll post back when I have some debug info.

@JUSSME - You realize there are potions to cure AIDS, Herpes and Syphilis in this mod right? We aren't dealing with reality here are we?

yes but you could at least make sense about how an STD spreads. Their is no cure for most of these diseases anyways. The point of using potions ect is to balance gameplay. Otherwise you would lose everytime you catch aids, and never be able to get rid certain stat hinderences. 

What I mentioned doesn't throw off the game play balance. In fact it probably makes it more balanced since aids is a killer disease. And the others are not. Syphilis in real life takes a long time to kill someone. Longer than aids without medical treatment. Syphilis is also very treatable.

Wholly crap Dr. Mengele...  I complained about condoms being used for blowjobs 100%, which is not realistic, even in real life, probably quite far from it. "Safe" options in a game where you can be killed by dragons, vampires, werewolves and trolls would be unprotected oral sex IMHO, your mileage may vary.

I tested settings, I did not make pronouncements on how STD's can be spread, I made observations that setting various transmission possibilities (in a game mind you, not reality) to 0 wasn't changing the possibility of transmission. 

I really love our chats about how STD's spread and which is more deadly, etc., but this is last I will say on the matter, good day.

Well blowjobs with condems realisticly, I would do with a stranger because I know you can get passed an std like that anyways.  Anyways the NPCs do pick if they want to use a condem or not. but for the oral transmission rate, maybe a option to use condems for blowjobs, anal, vaginal? would be cool to see it in conjunction with hentai pregnancy, and maybe texture skin for non latex condems. Like the animal skin condems. 

Anyways you can still pass stds through oral sex. They need to fix the percentage of contracting one with a condem vs without one. Realisticly it would be very low for aids even without a condem. Oral sex is never safe sex by the way. Especially if its unprotected :/ 

• 1 month later...

I decided to try this mod again and am enjoying it.  My only big complaint is the 'notice your disease' comments.  I removed them, as I found them over the top and disruptive.  A toggle for them would be nice.\

Edit:

The potion cure/fail %'s still appear to not be lining up with the value in the MCM menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Wholly crap Dr. Mengele...  I complained about condoms being used for blowjobs 100%, which is not realistic, even in real life, probably quite far from it. "Safe" options in a game where you can be killed by dragons, vampires, werewolves and trolls would be unprotected oral sex IMHO, your mileage may vary.

I tested settings, I did not make pronouncements on how STD's can be spread, I made observations that setting various transmission possibilities (in a game mind you, not reality) to 0 wasn't changing the possibility of transmission. 

I really love our chats about how STD's spread and which is more deadly, etc., but this is last I will say on the matter, good day.

Yeah ill agree with that generally with oral you wouldn't bother with a condom.

Even if you did the guy would complain that they didn't want it.

But i think for the prostitution mods it would make sense not that theres anything that would let you know if it was a sex for pay thing in the game.

When i used to work in a shop we used to have women coming in from the brothels to buy condoms and they told me that they always used a condom no matter what it was for.

I had questions to ask but it looks like they've been answered in the thread :).

I don't know if it's been mentioned already but maybe you could add protection for women too? I heard once that the women in greece pushed in a cloth drenched in lemon juice to prevent diseases. Something like that.

Regarding the names I think HPV sounds too modern since it's an achronym. You should change that. Diseases in games are like spells and I think we would all agree that a spell called "MHW" doesn't belong in the world of Skyrim. Same thing with Latex. Instead you could call it "Ebony Silk".

• 2 weeks later...

It seems weird to me that I have sex and five minutes later in-game I know I have an STD and somehow everyone I try to talk to knows I have an STD... Could this be changed so that no one would know I contracted it? I don't mind spreading the STD(I know, I'm a terrible dragonborn), but if it affects me negatively I would try to cure it. I just don't want it to completely stop my game progress.

Also, perhaps the player could find out about the STD in 24-72 hours depending on the disease?

Not sure how serious it is but looks like the mods main quest has a bug in its ESP, which is carried over to the updated version for SexLab 1.55. The mod also has a very annoying glitch (or maybe a feature?) of blocking your dialogues with NPCs once you caught an STD. Sadly, I can't recommend using this mod unless you want to ruin your save.

There's also one issue that bugs me, these sorts of mods must assign diseases to NPCs when you install them, otherwise, you might catch an STD from an NPC (who apparently already has it) and you might also infect the same NPC with the same disease you got from it, which doesn't make sense at all. I don't know if this mod does anything to prevent that kind of thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how serious it is but looks like the mods main quest has a bug in its ESP, which is carried over to the updated version for SexLab 1.55. The mod also has a very annoying glitch (or maybe a feature?) of blocking your dialogues with NPCs once you caught an STD. Sadly, I can't recommend using this mod unless you want to ruin your save.

There's also one issue that bugs me, these sorts of mods must assign diseases to NPCs when you install them, otherwise, you might catch an STD from an NPC (who apparently already has it) and you might also infect the same NPC with the same disease you got from it, which doesn't make sense at all. I don't know if this mod does anything to prevent that kind of thing.

I'm pretty sure NPCs don't have STDs assigned to them at all--from what I can tell testing this mod, and with the information available in the description and the MCM, it seems like disease contraction is rolled during the sexual encounter (whether it's the PC or NPC who's doing the contracting, though NPCs can't contract from a clean PC); and which disease is contracted by the PC is probably rolled right before the disease actually shows up in your active effects (when that little effect showing you've contracted something plays). According to the MCM, NPCs who contract an STD from you just have a generic temporary debuff (and can get angry at you, which can lead to them attacking you). I don't think it tracks what they might have gotten from you, or chooses between which of your STDs it gives them if you have multiple. (Honestly, I think it's probably better off that way, since from what I've heard, tracking this sort of stuff permanently for NPCs can be really bad for your game.)

I think the dialogue thing was written as a feature, though it can be pretty annoying. You can get to the NPCs normal dialogue if you keep trying--it seems to be randomized whether you'll get the slutshaming dialogue or not. My initial gut feeling is that the specific chance may be tied to how many STDs you have (haven't tested it yet, nor do I have any experience with modding, myself), but, either way, it gets really annoying when you have to go through five iterations of "Eugh, you look dirty" to get to a shopkeeper's buy/sell dialogue. I like the idea of the humiliation, but if there were some way to fix it to playing just once when you're actually speaking to an NPC, that'd be great--or just adding it to the NPCs usual list of spontaneous/spoken-to dialogue in a way that would allow the dialogue menu (if the NPC has one) come up regardless of whether the STD dialogue triggers or not.

I've also noticed that for some reason, non-hostile animals also seem to use the spontaneous dialogue. I mean, children accosting me about it is odd enough, so it's a bit jarring when I hear (non-frost) spiders and dogs gossiping about how dirty I am.

What bug in the esp are you referring to, by the way? In spite of the oddities and quibbles, I actually do really like this mod, and I'd like to keep using it when I get out of the testing phase for the character I'm planning, but if there is something in it that could potentially harm a full playthrough and there isn't a fix, I'd probably pass.

• 1 month later...

I think the dialogue blocking feature should be removed or at least an optional setting in MCM, because usually you can't see if someone has an STD, unless they have something that affects the face. I don't think the NPCs inspects your private parts before talking to you. :s