Anyone else having a problem where only the Cure AIDS (all other diseases are gone) shows up in the list of cooking-misc recipes? Not sure if this started with 1.3a or if it's happening due to something else, but a clean save doesn't fix it.

Edit: After a lot of messing around, I finally figured out that catching an STD populates the recipe list with all the craftable cures. However, I'm still confused as to why 'Cure AIDS' always shows up on the list regardless, while the others don't. Shouldn't they all show up regardless of character state?

Anyone else having a problem where only the Cure AIDS (all other diseases are gone) shows up in the list of cooking-misc recipes? Not sure if this started with 1.3a or if it's happening due to something else, but a clean save doesn't fix it.

Depending on how the Recipe is tagged, you may need to have one of the ingredients before it shows up.

Some mod authors do this to try and keep the recipe lists 'clean' in game, but I find it a tad annoying.

Depending on how the Recipe is tagged, you may need to have one of the ingredients before it shows up.

Some mod authors do this to try and keep the recipe lists 'clean' in game, but I find it a tad annoying.

I had considered this, but seeing as Cure AIDS remains in the list even after I dispose of all the ingredients (as I said, the problem persists even with a clean save game where the character still has zero inventory), and keeping in mind that I previously had a full list of cures (which is extremely handy for knowing what ingredients you need in the first place), I doubt this is an intentional feature.

I dont know if im the only one but when i m doing sex as a male with condom in my inventory the option to use it doesnt appear. And I dont get any std.

I m using sexlab 1.39 and std 1.3a with fresh new game.

Condoms are used by default in consensual sex. You only get a pop-up if your partner refuses to use it, at which point you decide on whether you want to continue anyway.

I love the mod and the potions, condoms, etc. really great, well done!

I have a bit of trouble with STDs interfering too much with gameplay, some recipes are waaayyy too troublesome, especially for low-level characters, because the needed mobs don't spawn (for example bears!!!).

Also: the recipes require a pure potion of cure disease, but if I make a potion that resists poison, restores stamina AND cures diseases, it is not accepted for the recipes.

Trouble is, the pure cure disease recipe uses ingredients that are too rare without the merchant perk, but this requires 50 speech.

So I feel the mod is currently too difficult for low-level chars.

Another thing are the repeating dialogs, as was stated already.

I would suggest the following:

- tweak probability sliders to range from 0 to 100 for everything

- give an option for mild, medium and heavy effects

- give an option to tweak needed ingredients to common or rare

A great addition would be to somehow add physical body changes, blisters, sores, rashes, etc. But I fear this is really difficult to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I really love the idea of this mod but would prefer lite version where STD can only be cured at Kynareth shrine. 

Only apply to player, no condom usage or potion crafting (less script maybe?).

There's lots of mods that causes reduced regeneration rate so as long as you got CTD you will:

* Always 20% less hp, magic & stamina

* Once a day, blurry effect then fainted on the ground (just like when tasting certain ingredient)

* Faint & end up at a Kynareth shrine if you don't cure yourself for every 10 days.

* One positive perk that might want you to keep this STD  :angel:

the std distribution seems random. I can get infected by a npc. 2nd time have sex and it says I infected him/her.than then another time get herpes. Also I get Multiple Amounts of the same STD. It would be cool if you can intergrate the functionality of the Realistic Needs and diseases mod

Particularly this function. But instead of curing the disease you just alleviate the penalties because stress effects health alot in real life. So it would be cool and immersive to apply that to the STD. Maybe the STD's can have phases/stages like in the DISEASED mod

DISEASED : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27780/?

RND-"Progressive Diseases: Diseases are no longer easily ignored nonsense. Initial syndromes are still mild (as in vanilla), but without treatment, things get worse, much worse, over time. Find a cure as soon as possible! But if you can't afford a cure, you can always rest and hope for the best, there is a chance your body will slowly fight off the disease by itself if you get enough rest. By rest, I mean a clean bed and warm fire, you're likely to catch more diseases sleeping in a dirty bandit camp!"

RND Source:http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26228/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D26228%26preview%3D&pUp=1

I was thinking...

It would probobly be too difficult to actually make a condom that applies over the actual penis mesh...

but what if someone made a seperate or updated esp that at condom equip time, the game switches the whole mesh of penis or im what i assume most LL members are using (SOS).  Then a person who is good enough with nif scope could alter texture paths (I can) so that the Schlong that shows up would appear as if it had a condom on. You would not need to create a new mesh just copy and rename to <schlong name> <C-latex, leather, intestine, ect> a new or modified texture could be used seperately for each one as well to give a different look to each condom.

Heres a really crappy looking example of a modified sos regular texture i made.

horrible job of ribbed latex attempt.

post-227966-0-26642800-1395188949_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Lol what's the ingrediants to cure aids, no one will talk to me, they all call me gross :(((

Im not sure but if things get to be a pain there is always the console commands

help "aids"

player.additem (id from help) #(amount you want)

when using help make sure you enter the ID from the ALCH category. (not spells of magic reference)

It should be listed as

ALCH (#id number#) potion of cure aids

or something like that.

I think STD need stages. in first stage people still can talk with you (maybe small speech craft debuff) later it may be worse. The results of STD does not appear immediately Let me give example 60% chance to get STD in anal sex means 60%(or more I will explain later) of the population is sick so they are majority. Being in majority cannot give you debuff to communication.I think that additional factor is needed here, "the probability that given partner is sick". We have only probability that we will make other person sick. Like now I can assume that EVERYONE in Skyrim got STD and if we sex with someone it's only mater of time that something will appear.

Ok now some examples from my game play where refuse of communication is problematic(while looking at statistics it's so common) and where stages of disease could be a solution.

-Radiant prostitution jarl horse quest : I contracted syphilis from horse, horse got sick from me and eventually refused future sex with me

-Sanguine Debauchery+ : Felmer got me sick and refused to speak with me

-Prostitution and enslavement mod : You cannot end this quest or leave tavern because you cannot speak to other people

I still can accept no communication but I would implement it later in this mod, not as first feature.

Hi, this is a great mod, thanks a lot!

I am having a couple of minor issues though:

- when I'm infected with a STD and talk to an NPC, they make about 6-7 comments in a row: "He looks ill", "Looks like somebody hasn't been safe" etc etc etc. I somehow seem to "fall through" the dialogue options. I have to hit the "E" button a lot of times before the vanilla dialogue option opens up.

- I set the chance of NPC's using a condom to 40% but I never get the a message, that they don't want to use it. I only get the option, if I want to use it.

One suggestion: it would be great, if there was an option for changing the percentage of condoms / potions found in the gameworld. There are a little too many imho.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the idea, but I have some feedback;

I'd like it if there were a cosmetic/roleplay mode where the STDs didn't really do much other than exist as a status condition (much like real life with the exception of late stage syphilis/HIV/Oh and Hep C, That'll eff you up, but I digress...)

Basically I find the negative effects to be too impeding in my early game, but then, it is my first playthrough and I'm completely corrupting the game anyway, so it's my fault really :)

The other issue I'm having is that when you accidentally spread the partner immediately becomes aggro, well, one, they wouldn't know they had it yet, and two, what's with Skyrim's population always reacting to things with murderous rage? :)

Anyway, Good mod, I liked the idea, but it was getting a little too much in my way, I might try it again down the road, and I really do appreciate the work you (and all modders) put into things like this.

• 2 weeks later...

the std distribution seems random. I can get infected by a npc. 2nd time have sex and it says I infected him/her.than then another time get herpes. Also I get Multiple Amounts of the same STD. It would be cool if you can intergrate the functionality of the Realistic Needs and diseases mod

Particularly this function. But instead of curing the disease you just alleviate the penalties because stress effects health alot in real life. So it would be cool and immersive to apply that to the STD. Maybe the STD's can have phases/stages like in the DISEASED mod

DISEASED : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27780/?

RND-"Progressive Diseases: Diseases are no longer easily ignored nonsense. Initial syndromes are still mild (as in vanilla), but without treatment, things get worse, much worse, over time. Find a cure as soon as possible! But if you can't afford a cure, you can always rest and hope for the best, there is a chance your body will slowly fight off the disease by itself if you get enough rest. By rest, I mean a clean bed and warm fire, you're likely to catch more diseases sleeping in a dirty bandit camp!"

RND Source:http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26228/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D26228%26preview%3D&pUp=1

I really hope the author would corporate similar ideas from DISEASED.  If we can simply have the sexlab version of DISEASED that is.  This mod haven't been updated for months.  It is still being work on?

Guest TheCuteHamster

I might be doing something wrong, but when I try to make a potion at a cooking pot, it says I do not have a "Potion of cure disease", even though I definitely have 2 of said potion in my inventory.

I might be doing something wrong, but when I try to make a potion at a cooking pot, it says I do not have a "Potion of cure disease", even though I definitely have 2 of said potion in my inventory.

Player-crafted potions aren't detected properly. You have to buy a cure disease potion off a merchant, or loot one.

I like this mod (i like mods which make game harder). Anyway, did you notice than this mod stopped working if you using  SexLab  1.55? Anyway, if someone noticed same problem then i have fixed version (i hope correctly fixed :) ). If author (A2B) and moderators don't object i can post it here.