It's a feature, and you can disable it in MCM.

I know that there's an option in the MCM to turn off infecting NPCs with STDs. But the MCM doesn't say anything specifically about NPCs attacking you (it just says it will "make them dislike you"). I like the fact that you can spread STDs to NPCs so I don't want to turn the entire feature off, I just think having them attack you is a bit over the top and unrealistic, and I wasn't sure if the attacking aspect of it was a bug or not. But it sounds like it's the intended behaviour, so I guess i'll just live with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's a feature, and you can disable it in MCM.

I know that there's an option in the MCM to turn off infecting NPCs with STDs. But the MCM doesn't say anything specifically about NPCs attacking you (it just says it will "make them dislike you"). I like the fact that you can spread STDs to NPCs so I don't want to turn the entire feature off, I just think having them attack you is a bit over the top and unrealistic, and I wasn't sure if the attacking aspect of it was a bug or not. But it sounds like it's the intended behaviour, so I guess i'll just live with it.

Well, I'll try to explain what's happening, as It's sort of working as intended, even if the fighting wasn't intended...

Basically, when you give a NPC a STD, it sets your relationship rank to -3 (enemy). for most NPC's this simply means they call you names, but depending on the NPC's other tags, it can cause them to attack you as if you attacked them. This sort of makes sense, but I might try to tone down the response in the version I'm working on (if it gets released).

Anyways, the ensuing chaos of an NPC attack in a city is IMO a bug of the combat system and not SL STD. I have had several encounters where I try to help guards and end up being attacked by them for my troubles... I now stand back and let the guards die before joining in... But one example, I recently was visiting Riften, trading with the Khajiit just outside of the Stables when a large number of goblins decided to attack... Khajiit responded first, then the Imperial guard, as well as me, and before long, the Goblins were dead, The Khajiit were attacking the guard and me, The guards were attacking me and the Khajiit, I was just standing there with my sword sheathed taking the hits. it was such a mess that I reloaded the game from before I even went to Riften... Riften is all but deserted now, as almost all the NPCs are dead. 

But yes, some NPCs will attack you if you give them a STD. I really can't call it a bug or a feature, it just is, at least for now.

The purpose of this post is to judge interest in my idea, and get some suggestions on what other might like to see as well. I'm a long ways off on releasing this addition to SL STD, and still need to secure permissions to do so.

So, Sex in Skyrim is largely a novelty toy, and once you see the animations a couple times, they become Ho-hum. This is largely due to a lack of a risk/reward system, there is simply no reward for having sex (most mods anyways, some have a little reward).. SL STD definitely adds the risk side of things, but still lacks the reward. 

First, some of the simple changes I'm working on:

For consensual sex, both parties need to agree if a condom will be used or not. either the player or the NPC will have the right to refuse sex over condom usage (some will insist you use a condom, other will insist on Bareback). NPCs will try to talk you into Bareback sex or insist you use a condom, depending on circumstances.  The rates are a percentage of the condom use slider in the MCM and will be affected by the NPC's arousal. The more aroused the NPC is, the more likely they'll give in to the Players choice. So a NPC at arousal 10 might refuse the Player for BB, but give in to BB sex at arousal 80.

Relationship ranks will adjust to having sex, depending on whether you agree to their choice for condom use or if you make them use/not use a condom. However, The risk of STD contraction goes up if you give in to their demands for BB sex. Example:

Player wants BB / NPC wants BB = Relationship rank 2, base risk of infection

Player wants Condom, but gives in to BB  / NPC wants BB = Relationship Rank 2, Infection risk  Base +10%

Player Wants BB / NPC doesnt, but gives in and uses a condom  = Relationship Rank 1, No change to risk of infection

Player wants Condom/ NPC wants Condom: Condom Breaks = Relationship Rank 2, No change to the risk of infection

refusal of sex due to condom =relationship rank = 0

(All of the ranks will need be adjusted based on ranks before sex, still working on that angle)

All tavernkeeps will have Condoms/Cures available  (lets face it, Bars are where we hook up the most, it makes sense that tavernkeepers would want a cut as well as to keep their patrons safe)

Now for the Big Change:

Using the Merged Thievery Skill http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21792/?    At nexus mods, I opened up a blank skill tree that can be used for a sex skills perk tree. Currently, I don't have too many Ideas for perks, but I wanted a tree that was unrelated to the others so sex, and sex alone, can give XP (some mods do this by merging sex perks with another tree, but that didn't seem right) 

So various acts will grant different amounts of XP in the Sex Craft Tree (and help you level), the higher the risk of STD the more XP, but if you get or give a STD you loose 3 times XP you'd have gained. Other factors in calculating the XP are: Player as the Aggressor, Player as unwilling victim, Player invitation, etc.

Addition of times buffs/debuffs post sex.

Anyways: the overall goal is to add a reward system to the established risk system of this mod.

Any thoughts on perks you'd like to see in a sex tree?

Any thoughts overall?

The purpose of this post is to judge interest in my idea, and get some suggestions on what other might like to see as well. I'm a long ways off on releasing this addition to SL STD, and still need to secure permissions to do so.

So, Sex in Skyrim is largely a novelty toy, and once you see the animations a couple times, they become Ho-hum. This is largely due to a lack of a risk/reward system, there is simply no reward for having sex (most mods anyways, some have a little reward).. SL STD definitely adds the risk side of things, but still lacks the reward. 

First, some of the simple changes I'm working on:

For consensual sex, both parties need to agree if a condom will be used or not. either the player or the NPC will have the right to refuse sex over condom usage (some will insist you use a condom, other will insist on Bareback). NPCs will try to talk you into Bareback sex or insist you use a condom, depending on circumstances.  The rates are a percentage of the condom use slider in the MCM and will be affected by the NPC's arousal. The more aroused the NPC is, the more likely they'll give in to the Players choice. So a NPC at arousal 10 might refuse the Player for BB, but give in to BB sex at arousal 80.

Relationship ranks will adjust to having sex, depending on whether you agree to their choice for condom use or if you make them use/not use a condom. However, The risk of STD contraction goes up if you give in to their demands for BB sex. Example:

Player wants BB / NPC wants BB = Relationship rank 2, base risk of infection

Player wants Condom, but gives in to BB  / NPC wants BB = Relationship Rank 2, Infection risk  Base +10%

Player Wants BB / NPC doesnt, but gives in and uses a condom  = Relationship Rank 1, No change to risk of infection

Player wants Condom/ NPC wants Condom: Condom Breaks = Relationship Rank 2, No change to the risk of infection

refusal of sex due to condom =relationship rank = 0

(All of the ranks will need be adjusted based on ranks before sex, still working on that angle)

All tavernkeeps will have Condoms/Cures available  (lets face it, Bars are where we hook up the most, it makes sense that tavernkeepers would want a cut as well as to keep their patrons safe)

Now for the Big Change:

Using the Merged Thievery Skill http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21792/?    At nexus mods, I opened up a blank skill tree that can be used for a sex skills perk tree. Currently, I don't have too many Ideas for perks, but I wanted a tree that was unrelated to the others so sex, and sex alone, can give XP (some mods do this by merging sex perks with another tree, but that didn't seem right) 

So various acts will grant different amounts of XP in the Sex Craft Tree (and help you level), the higher the risk of STD the more XP, but if you get or give a STD you loose 3 times XP you'd have gained. Other factors in calculating the XP are: Player as the Aggressor, Player as unwilling victim, Player invitation, etc.

Addition of times buffs/debuffs post sex.

Anyways: the overall goal is to add a reward system to the established risk system of this mod.

Any thoughts on perks you'd like to see in a sex tree?

Any thoughts overall?

i  like a lot the perk idea ^^

@NHGuy

The thing about a perk tree is that I don't think the mod has enough to it at present in order to justify that. I mean, the problem is finding what perks to create for. Ideally, the mod would have enough content self-contained to fill it, so it doesn't end up giving irrelevant bonuses.

I would also argue it's worth making the core experience a lot deeper to begin with.

1. In my opinion, the mod would be a lot better if NPCs had assigned diseases. So for example, when you first have unprotected sex with an NPC, they have a random chance of being assigned a disease, which they then keep. This would mean monogamous relationships have no trandmission. Yes, this could create a load on papyrus if you have lots of unprotected sex, but I suppose there would be the option to turn it off and just play as normal. I expect this could cause problems, so it might be best to use some sort of flag, and not actually give NPCs the diseases, lest it cause problems with the game.

2. The second part is where this mod could get really interesting. Individual bareback preference. Assigned to NPCs, and such that it remains with them. These could be randomly assigned when you open up conversation.

To go bareback with someone who likes no condom, you would not need much effort, but have a higher chance of obtaining an STD (because they have a higher chance of being assigned one). However, to persuade someone concerned about safe sex into bareback, you would need more skill. Maybe just speechcraft, or perks in the tree you're thinking of.

Giving NPCs personalities when it comes to protected sex would make the game feel a lot more realistic, so you don't have an NPC agreeing to go bareback one time and then requesting a condom the next.

This could combine withn arousal level to create a figure which has to be above a certain threshold for bareback.

3. Reputation. Some sort of player reputation system might even factor into a bareback decision. Every time you request bareback, your reputation decreases, making it harder to secure it again. A perk tree might allow an option to remove this decay, but before you get around to that, you could add a daily recovery rate, adjustable from the MCM.

4. I love your idea about enhanced negotiation. It sounds great. Furthering that idea, it might be worth having two levels for bareback preference. If they simply like bareback, but you say no, they'll accept your request. But if they love bareback and you say no, they'll reject a condom again (in another dialogue) more abrasively, at which point you can accept or walk away (unless they're a rapist, in which case....). And of course these two levels would have opposite as well (dislikes bareback and completely rejects bareback).

This mod isn't being worked on any more by the looks of it, so if you could continue it (with permission), I think everyone would be very grateful.

@NHGuy

The thing about a perk tree is that I don't think the mod has enough to it at present in order to justify that. I mean, the problem is finding what perks to create for. Ideally, the mod would have enough content self-contained to fill it, so it doesn't end up giving irrelevant bonuses.

On the face of it, I kind of have to agree, So far the only "Perk" I can think of that is relevant to this mod as is would be at Lvl 100, Once a week, cures all STDs.   However, the main point of a specific sex perk tree is to allow sex to give a reward in the form of XP for leveling, that doesn't affect the other trees.  It's important to note that I'm looking at this as more than just a STD mod, and while possibly a bit overly ambitious at the moment, I'm possibly going to try to integrate a couple other mods later for which more perks can be added.   Some perks that while might not be related to STDs, might be interesting are based off Kyne Peace shout which calms creatures up to lvl 20. A perk from the "Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim" allows you to convert these calmed creatures into followers... A perk I've thinking of is do the same thing, but with sex. With ranks increase the level of the creature ensnared. Also a Incubus/succubus type perk that does the same for humanoids, as well as a few temp. buffs for having sex. 

@NHGuy

1. In my opinion, the mod would be a lot better if NPCs had assigned diseases. So for example, when you first have unprotected sex with an NPC, they have a random chance of being assigned a disease, which they then keep. This would mean monogamous relationships have no trandmission. Yes, this could create a load on papyrus if you have lots of unprotected sex, but I suppose there would be the option to turn it off and just play as normal. I expect this could cause problems, so it might be best to use some sort of flag, and not actually give NPCs the diseases, lest it cause problems with the game.

I've seen this brought up before, but as stated, it might just be a bit harsh on papyrus. I'm going to look into it, but I make no promises.

@NHGuy

2. The second part is where this mod could get really interesting. Individual bareback preference. Assigned to NPCs, and such that it remains with them. These could be randomly assigned when you open up conversation.

To go bareback with someone who likes no condom, you would not need much effort, but have a higher chance of obtaining an STD (because they have a higher chance of being assigned one). However, to persuade someone concerned about safe sex into bareback, you would need more skill. Maybe just speechcraft, or perks in the tree you're thinking of.

Giving NPCs personalities when it comes to protected sex would make the game feel a lot more realistic, so you don't have an NPC agreeing to go bareback one time and then requesting a condom the next.

This could combine withn arousal level to create a figure which has to be above a certain threshold for bareback.

Interesting, this might not be that hard to implement, as I'm already trying to add a couple additional variables.  Including one for if you've given the NPC a STD before. Give them a STD 1 time, and they might insist on a condom, Give them a STD 3 times, and they might refuse sex altogether.

Anyways, some interesting ideas. It is highly important to note that Sex is highly complex, and probable far more complex than what Papyrus is capable of dealing with, and that my skill with modding isn't very good yet. It might be a while before anything is truly ready.

On the face of it, I kind of have to agree, So far the only "Perk" I can think of that is relevant to this mod as is would be at Lvl 100, Once a week, cures all STDs.   However, the main point of a specific sex perk tree is to allow sex to give a reward in the form of XP for leveling, that doesn't affect the other trees.  It's important to note that I'm looking at this as more than just a STD mod, and while possibly a bit overly ambitious at the moment, I'm possibly going to try to integrate a couple other mods later for which more perks can be added.   Some perks that while might not be related to STDs, might be interesting are based off Kyne Peace shout which calms creatures up to lvl 20. A perk from the "Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim" allows you to convert these calmed creatures into followers... A perk I've thinking of is do the same thing, but with sex. With ranks increase the level of the creature ensnared. Also a Incubus/succubus type perk that does the same for humanoids, as well as a few temp. buffs for having sex.

It could could see it working if other mods were integrated.

It is just a case of finding enough interesting perks to fill a tree with.

I've seen this brought up before, but as stated, it might just be a bit harsh on papyrus. I'm going to look into it, but I make no promises.

Indeed, Papyrus is quite fragile.

I'm not familiar with the code, but I've seen other mods track NPCs (with an option to clear the list if it becomes too large).

As for how it would look in code, the basic idea is that every disease is linked to a "flag", and when you have sex with an npc, a flag is generated based on the formula you're devising for probability.

So basically, the existing method is used if players turn this off. But if they turn it on...

1. ...when you have unprotected sex, a quick calculation runs to assign an NPC a flag. Let's say 70% chance free of disease (no flag assigned), or 1% chance AIDS or 2% chance Chlamydia or... (summing to 100%). You could actually run this before the dialogue opens, actually, as this would give you the option to later integrate it into BB preference later if you want.

2. When you have sex, the transmission rate determines whether the flag attached to the NPC gets "activated". So 40% chance whatever value is attached to them gets turned into a disease which you catch via formula.

3. You don't delete the flag.

4? I think there are ways to let players choose who to track?

If you want, you could include a calculation for whether an NPC has a disease based on their other information(you could include whatever variables already present in sexlab or the base game you think might correlate to a disease).

I'm sure there are other ways to do it. I think a "flag" is called an "object variable" in papyrus? I'm not sure to be honest.

I don't actually know how taxing this would be on the engine, and it may not be as straightforward as I seem to think it is. I would imagine that variables being nice and simple would make it easy on the engine (just one string, like "n67uj" for aids or something), but I don't know.

So just consider it an idea to have a go at if you get time and think it's worthwhile.

Interesting, this might not be that hard to implement, as I'm already trying to add a couple additional variables.  Including one for if you've given the NPC a STD before. Give them a STD 1 time, and they might insist on a condom, Give them a STD 3 times, and they might refuse sex altogether.

Anyways, some interesting ideas. It is highly important to note that Sex is highly complex, and probable far more complex than what Papyrus is capable of dealing with, and that my skill with modding isn't very good yet. It might be a while before anything is truly ready.

I like the idea of them refusing sex if you've given them an STD. That would work well with the perk tree as well (as it could make NPCs more likely to forgive you).

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. I look forward to seeing what you eventually manage to do with this mod!

• 2 months later...

I don't know if anyone will care, but I did some tweaking to the mod. Note that I am not a modder, never modded in my life, and I don't know the first thing about papyrus scripts. That being said I did manage to change the ESP file a bit using Tes5edit to do the following things:

1.NPCs no longer comment about how sick you look 20 times in a row every time you try to talk to them. It was annoying so I removed the function. Unless you're naked I doubt they would know what you have anyway.

2.A few of the diseases (literally 2) that dropped your health were altered from 20+ health being removed to 10 as at low lvls I was getting killed by walking over random objects on the floor (like a cabbage) before I could cure myself. (I'm looking pointedly at you AIDS)

3.Disease names are now more fantasy friendly (instead of Aids, hpv, syphilis, etc):

Trembling Decay

Sleeping Pox

Cairn Rot

Whore's Ague

Woodland Fever

Seeping Sores

Lymphatic Rot

Bosmeric Cankers

Summerset Fever

Argonian Itch

Putrid Abcess

Pilgrim's Wasting Sickness

Bed Boils

Furrow Plague

Sailor's Itch

Vaginal Lice

Sand Rash

Nordic Grippe

Bard's Burning Rash

Wasting Sweats

Rot Chills

Bedroll Fever

Inn Sores

Hooker's Rash

it is free of dirty edits and has been cleaned with tes5edit and tested without issue in my game. The one caveat is that for the 2 seconds you first get infected and it says 'You just contracted..." in the corner of your screen it will say the old disease name (aka AIDS, Syphilis etc) because I would have to edit the papyrus scripts to change it and that's over my head at the moment (by all means anyone else is welcome to-i'll happily provide you the list of what diseases changed to what) Anyway, if you can over look that one thing, it works beautifully. (shows the correct names on potions, recipes and under magic when it shows what you are afflicted with)

(If you have sexlabstds 1.3 already installed, just overwrite the files in the data folder with the files in the zip.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz8p1op0i0sfxc2/sexlabstdsmain.psc?dl=0

Here is a patched version of the script that posts the "you just contracted" message, updated to show the new names (and it will reflect any future name changes as well).

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/22/2016 at 1:57 PM, quarzo said:

Here My Little apport: SexLabTDS 1.3 H + CSS V3 (Creature Secure SEX)

For all those people who like beast/animal/creature encounters and has the same problem than me (100% chance of get infected by breed with they {very annyoning when play Animal House mod})

NOTE: new v3.1, i change some code trying fix the new issues 

What have this tweak?

* Halleason names complete ^^   (More lore friendly std names)

* fixed register menu MCM.

* add  Comdons option when breed a Creature. ( broke comdon  option chance included  :classic_smile: )

* add a new text when have fun with creatures.

Bugs and Issues:

*Vanilla Issue: 100% Cure Disease chance dont work?:

well for some reason nothing i do fix this issue, so i  do a new bsa file for allways potions cure you disease(no need change nothing on mcm menu the actual slider dont affect on this ) so, only extract file from zip folder and put this file on  Data folder and replace the old one

*Vanilla Issue: when install  mod this is disable on mcm / when unistall this continue enable on mcm

Solution: use console command: setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

*v3 issue: when you are infected in ocations this will no apply debuff. next time you get infected this will apply

Solution: working in this bug xd

if found issues pls pm me

this little tweak is based on @Halleason version.

Special Thanks TO:

@a2b the creator of this amazing mod.

@Halleason, who deflower me on Modding skyrim xd (teach me how do it).

Features I still want to add:

add  dialogs when start actions with creatures.

bring other version with vanilla Std names. 

change latex comdon name

SexLabSTDs_1.3h V3 .7z

PotionsCureAllways.zip

I guess this mod is getting updated @quarzo you should really put this in a new download page otherwise no one will see it IS being updated but just not by the original creator anymore

• 3 weeks later...

Because I can't leave things well enough alone: There is now a version of Quarzo's last version that allows use of the vanilla cure disease potion to cure all the diseases instead of the recipes. for those of us who can't be bothered to gather rarer ingredients (like me).  has been cleaned with tsedit and confirmed working in my game. I'd post it in it's own thread but i think quarzo's done a lot more work than me and should have the honor of posting the latest version wherever.

SexLabSTDs_1.3h V4.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To anyone who would care to update this mod;

Boobjobs/handjobs/footjobs always count as oral according to the debug. Even if I remove all the oral/mouth/whatever tags from them with SLATE. Does this mod even use the standard tags?  It needs to be fixed. 

Needs to be made compatible with Beeing Female and other pregnancy mods so that condoms can prevent insemination. I mean seriously.

On 3/24/2018 at 9:53 AM, Halleaon said:

Because I can't leave things well enough alone: There is now a version of Quarzo's last version that allows use of the vanilla cure disease potion to cure all the diseases instead of the recipes. for those of us who can't be bothered to gather rarer ingredients (like me).  has been cleaned with tsedit and confirmed working in my game. I'd post it in it's own thread but i think quarzo's done a lot more work than me and should have the honor of posting the latest version wherever.

SexLabSTDs_1.3h V4.zip

Love this mod and with this tweak you've made it even better. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...