Is loverslab under a ddos attack or something?

tentaclemight

First of all, I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, though I think General Disussion ended up being the more reasonable one =X

From at least 6 hours ago, I've been getting 502 bad gateway errors, SQL errors, and normal activity, yet I don't see anyone complaining in new threads neither some warning anywhere. So, is there something wrong with my internet connection or are we under attack/running some kind of server maintnance, ???

our_base_is_under_a_tack_by_Rony9844.jpg???

The SQL server is tired and likes go on walks every now and then.

I happen to get this kind of error all day on this Sunday (11/17). I lost two posts. :dodgy:

Anyone got idea how long it's going to take to have stable LL back?

Ddos attacks? 

Only Ashal can tell, I suppose.

At first I thought I was logging into the Nexus servers..... LOL.  Yep I went there... :P

Running good now whatever it was. I am surprised at how well this site run considering the size and amount of people that come and go posting and PMing and all that good stuff. Considering all the good work that Ashal puts into this site I can deal with a few SQL errors and such. Just wish there was a quick post to indicate that it is being addressed on the main page or something..

Guest carywinton

Posting a status update on the main page would be a good idea. It could be done with a simple WSScript or similar that when the SQL database is down it generates a page. Is Ashal hosting this himself? I was under the impression IPBoard hosted this? I answered my own question on where an who hosts "LL" , I am so glad some good DOS commands still exist in Windows 7. A simple NSlookup and Whois gave me what I was nearly certain of anyway.

Guest carywinton

No, site was just under heavy traffic which strains the sql server. This happens practically every saturday & sunday morning, it's nothing new.

You need a SQL cluster , but I doubt "they" offer this at that price, even on the top end of the scale.

No, site was just under heavy traffic which strains the sql server. This happens practically every saturday & sunday morning, it's nothing new.

It means that LL is becoming very popular as an alternative, trying to find something that's not seen elsewhere (save for the Chinese forum and its resident modders).

Archived