Is this site just to spam endless numbers of sim characters?

Are a few weeks I am on the site and I check, about once per day, the new files uploaded.

95% of them are sims related characters.

Is this site mainly focused on this game?

Is modding of other games still done? (On Nexus I can see on average of more than 10 new or updated mods for Skyrim or Witcher every week.)

Yeah, my same feeling.

If somebody post a new mod or game, it will disappear in a day submerged by useless (in my personal opinion) tons of new sim character [heart][smile][diamond][heart again] that all looks the same.

10 hours ago, FacialLinks said:

Is modding of other games still done? (On Nexus I can see on average of more than 10 new or updated mods for Skyrim or Witcher every week.)

Yep, I publish multiple Skyrim and FO4 mods per year. 

This is a similar issue that Nexus has where it's just one piece of shit attention whore loser posting character presets for attention because thumbnails and screenshots of big ass and big boobies always gets attention.

10 hours ago, FacialLinks said:

If somebody post a new mod or game, it will disappear in a day submerged by useless (in my personal opinion) tons of new sim character [heart][smile][diamond][heart again] that all looks the same.

Block/hide/mute the user or DM them asking to knock it off.

I understand that a proactive approach isn't particularly handled well here because people are easily offended pussies, but if people get enough shit for something they're likely to stop relatively quickly.

I've always been fairly aggressive in my approach to people who annoy me, and been banned my fair share of times for it.

1 hour ago, ZoeyKL said:

I understand that a proactive approach isn't particularly handled well here because people are easily offended pussies,

That's pretty much the internet in general. And maybe that's what you meant. Hope I didn't offend you.

Edited by branmakmuffin
2 hours ago, ZoeyKL said:

This is a similar issue that Nexus has where it's just one piece of shit attention whore loser posting character presets for attention because thumbnails and screenshots of big ass and big boobies always gets attention.

What gets lots of upvotes on reddit? "Check out this shitty AI 'art' of my Drgonborn-Tiefling Bard character for D&D."

"Oh, how fuckin' cute. You really poured your heart and soul into the 5 minutes it took you to gen that. Grazt, Da Vinci."

Edited by branmakmuffin
9 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

You really poured your heart and soul into the 5 minutes it took you to gen that. Grazt, Da Vinci."

Rant about/for AI haters:

I'm currently taking a college-level ML introductory course and have Stable Diffusion 1.5 installed on my PC.

It takes a very, very long time and quite thoughtful prompting to get the exact results you are looking for.

HOWEVER, yes there are still lots of people who *don't* do that and publish generated images with lots of errors and artifacts.

Despite many strides in machine learning, it still has a VERY long way to go and generating anything even remotely resembling the capabilities of humans, free of error, the exact way you want it, requires an insane amount of effort, setup, and tens, if not hundreds of gigabytes of training data.

The UI I am using for SD1.5 is called ComfyUI, and it's absolutely insane.

But that's off topic.

Yes the sims mod spam is annoying, and if you really want something put in place about it, have an amicable conversation with one of the moderators or even Ashal herself.

I think forums are for humans and not AIs.

So having lot of rubbish posted will only demerit the forum.

Now, how to do it is not a simple stuff. And is easily abused. Soooo., just block all Sims spammers if you are not in this game.

4 minutes ago, ZoeyKL said:

Rant about/for AI haters:

I don't hate AI, I simply have zero respect for people who do lazy, shitty stuff with it and call it art. And if we need to call "agree to disagree" at this point, so be it.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Guys, feel free to ignore whoever you want but listing the ones you do, naming and shaming them and encouraging others to follow suit, is imo a rule 1 infraction. Hid a few posts that did that.

1 hour ago, branmakmuffin said:

And if we need to call "agree to disagree" at this point, so be it.

bro you DM'd me XD foh

57 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

Guys, feel free to ignore whoever you want but listing the ones you do, naming and shaming them and encouraging others to follow suit, is imo a rule 1 infraction. Hid a few posts that did that.

just lock the thread already, OP got their answer

Sometimes, there are so many Sims 4 characters uploaded in a short time, it fills and overflows the "new files" section in less than an hour. No offense intended against the Sims creator uploaders, but many of the uploads are "ho-hum" plain old run-of-the-mill Sims. There are certainly 2 or 3 talented creators that do very good likenesses of celebrities. *I* certainly don't have that creative ability. But most Sims that get uploaded are rather ordinary, and that are comparable to the Sims Gallery uploads, using the vanilla game hair and accessories, for example. These are quite boring. Again, this is just my opinion. Judging by the number of downloads that show on these files, many don't share my views, so what the hell do I know? 😆 Personally, I look for Sims uploads with some uniqueness. Sims that are even a bit on the 'homely' side, with non-standard appearances, and have features that are appealing (to me) that I enjoy downloading and spend a lot of time putting my own spin on these Sims. But it's rare that I have seen any in the last year or so, that get uploaded, that I want to download.

Edited by Sandatharius
7 hours ago, FacialLinks said:

@DoctaSax

I prefer this thread not to become a garbage.

My rant is over.

Please close it, I do not think I can do it myself.

Thanks.

P.S. blocking people will not hide their "awesome downloads" when they post. So quite useless.

You can have my padlock

il_680x540.4003642041_mzis.jpg

That's me: regularly ready to help, always useless   🤣

Edited by chooseChaos
typo my ... censored
4 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

Sometimes, there are so many Sims 4 characters uploaded in a short time, it fills and overflows the "new files" section in less than an hour. No offense intended against the Sims creator uploaders, but many of the uploads are "ho-hum" plain old run-of-the-mill Sims. There are certainly 2 or 3 talented creators that do very good likenesses of celebrities. *I* certainly don't have that creative ability. But most Sims that get uploaded are rather ordinary, and that are comparable to the Sims Gallery uploads, using the vanilla game hair and accessories, for example. These are quite boring. Again, this is just my opinion. Judging by the number of downloads that show on these files, many don't share my views, so what the hell do I know? 😆 Personally, I look for Sims uploads with some uniqueness. Sims that are even a bit on the 'homely' side, with non-standard appearances, and have features that are appealing (to me) that I enjoy downloading and spend a lot of time putting my own spin on these Sims. But it's rare that I have seen any in the last year or so, that get uploaded, that I want to download.

I just might have a solution - create a single file as a gallery of all sims, created by certain artist. Once you created a new sim, you add it to your existed file and it won't show in the new files section anymore. Creators probably won't like it lol, but there will be no more spam that's for sure.

8 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

Sometimes, there are so many Sims 4 characters uploaded in a short time,

I think it's done to give folks a break from all the posts about not being able to get Wicked Whims to work. 🤣

On 3/2/2024 at 6:47 AM, Sandatharius said:

But most Sims that get uploaded are rather ordinary

Pretty much like the vast majority of Fallout and Skyrim presets. But, then, LL doesn't get inundated with presets. Nexusmods has that awesome privilege.

It would be great if we could set an account option to show/hide categories in the new topics/files section on the homepage. I'm sure this has been suggested before, but no harm in bringing it up again!