Creation kit release announced

That's what I'm been implying labrat. Everyone was so caught up on the Steam Workshop issue, I posted that. However, I should have clarified it better.

@ DocClox, unless the source is found, I'm a bit sceptic about it. Until the thing is released and in the hands of our modders, then I can retract what I said. Fair and simple.

Bethesda seems bound and determined to get us on Steam or Valve. I have no inclination to be a part of either of them. I only buy their games because I download the cracked version that does not require Steam. Well, so be it. They want to do everything they can to get us on these online comunities, to heck with them and whatever games they come out with. I am a private gamer and do not care to have anyone seeing when or how long I play their games. I had some nice things to say about Skyrim, but as soon as I'm done with this post, It's getting deleted from my computer. I will never again buy any Bethesda software. Anyway, they don't care. They make more money catering to the console games.

Dude, calm down, steam is gonna be troublesome for the modders , but, the same modders and hackers are going to either crack it or something so they can keep the same privacy you want.

As long as there is someone with the will to modify entirely the game so steam goes to shit and everyone can keep modding like in Oblivion. Everything should be fine.

Well, when I installed Steam I pretty much left all settings to default, so that means copies of my Oblivion saves (with tons of mods, both appropriate and inappropriate) are saved to their cloud server or whatever it is. It's too late for me to back out now, but for the many months I've been (ab)using the service... I'm... still... here...? :s

Anyway, I won't get into the whole paranoia issue that's going on here since many of you present valid points on both sides of the coin. All I'm gonna say is that I leave everything up to our modders and programming experts to be able to let us play a modded Skyrim the way we really want it. All it takes is a Skyrim version of both Pluggy and OBSE and the fun should begin. And if it means having to wait even longer before buying Skyrim, then well, so be it. :)

Just a simple question about steam when you get banned all the things you paid for will just go to waste? just asking because my friend used my account and installed things with it using smart steam.

Maybe yes and maybe no, if you get banned by vac its only on multiplayer side and by engine game ( modern warfare, source engine 200x ) if you get a disable account, i have bad news for you :(

I really can't see a game maker (Bethesda' date=' ETC.) going through all the trouble of making a game, (Skyrim) spending millions on adverts. to promote the game, then go out of there way to screw you in the ass (Steam/Valve spying on you) so all the millions who hear about it don't buy there game. Sounds a little counter productive to me. I mean, just who do they think they are? the U.S Government?

[/quote']

Maybe that's why they held off on the ck till january? People already bought their product so it won't hurt much. They can throw the game away after but it doesn't change the fact that they already nough the game

well I did see it coming, but maybe it won't be as bad as we fear. But if there are restrictions to mod content then I figure I would not mod this one.

Always I have loved Beth games more than any other not because they were the best, though in many ways there open ended game play was always the most important part of there games, and the best part, and that separated there games from most any other.

But the best part was always you could make it the game you wanted to play with no restrictions.

If that is removed then it has the feeling of having someone pull the plug at the climax of the movie, Or having a bucket of ice thrown in the bed at about the same time.

I have a wait and see thinking on it, but I am expecting the worse, more so than the better.

@ DocClox' date=' unless the source is found, I'm a bit sceptic about it. Until the thing is released and in the hands of our modders, then I can retract what I said. Fair and simple.

[/quote']

Unless I can find the source, I'm a bit skeptical about it :D I may have mis-remembered what I read; the post may have been taken down, there may have been a change in plan from Beth, or I could just have got it plain wrong.

If Beth had gone on record, I'd be able to find the same info elsewhere without too much bother. As I can't, wait-and-see is the sensible approach.

from http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/ Monday' date=' December 19, 2011

Can you please make it a condition of downloadin the SDK that people stop making those horrifying fetishist mods

Do they mean us? :blush:

Or just Galgat? :D

Yeah I saw that post, Holy praise the lord, and the religious zealots shall prevail,

thou shalt not have wickedness in thy games neither shalt thou think wickedness, nor shalt thou have before thee that which is wicked, for those who know of such things have probably downloaded them, and played them.

Now they feel guilty, so if they say something like that then all there sin's and past transgressions will be forgiven,, LOL

There are so many people out there that believe the only way to think is there way.

And that there way is the only good way. Let not others think differently.

Every one wants everyone else to believe, and do as they say. I see It every time I read where someone say's "It is not to my taste".

I mean if you don't like green beans why do you have to tell everyone, just don't eat green bean's.. Unless you have and agenda, there is no reason to tell anyone Else. Except, and Unless you are asked.

It was mind blowing wasn't it? Ah, what would the world look like if we all said 'My desires are the only true desires. All else is foul perversion and wickedness'?

Of course, there are those scary people who think this sort of intolerance in ALL matters would make the world a much better place. A scary number of them in fact. (shudders)

it's already happening, it's called politics and rules.. i was born on this planet and before i opened my eyes i was already bombarded by rules others made, before asking me if i wanted them... :D

It was mind blowing wasn't it? Ah' date=' what would the world look like if we all said 'My desires are the only true desires. All else is foul perversion and wickedness'?[/quote']

To be fair, that would make a fantastic motivation for a video game/comic book villain, especially because it would resonate with some of the readers and make them doubt the staunchness of their own beliefs.

from http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/ Monday' date=' December 19, 2011

Can you please make it a condition of downloadin the SDK that people stop making those horrifying fetishist mods

Do they mean us? :blush:

Or just Galgat? :D

Yeah I saw that post, Holy praise the lord, and the religious zealots shall prevail,

thou shalt not have wickedness in thy games neither shalt thou think wickedness, nor shalt thou have before thee that which is wicked, for those who know of such things have probably downloaded them, and played them.

Now they feel guilty, so if they say something like that then all there sin's and past transgressions will be forgiven,, LOL

There are so many people out there that believe the only way to think is there way.

And that there way is the only good way. Let not others think differently.

Every one wants everyone else to believe, and do as they say. I see It every time I read where someone say's "It is not to my taste".

I mean if you don't like green beans why do you have to tell everyone, just don't eat green bean's.. Unless you have and agenda, there is no reason to tell anyone Else. Except, and Unless you are asked.

I responded to the post....couldn't help necro'ing...I know....we shall see if they delete my post :) I tried not to be to vindictive...just to point out how stupid he was being.

I responded to the post....couldn't help necro'ing...I know....we shall see if they delete my post :) I tried not to be to vindictive...just to point out how stupid he was being.

You know' date=' from the second half of his message, [i']"leave Lydia alone, you modder bastard!"[/i] I rather suspect the comment was intended as a joke :)

Probably one of those things that sounded funny inside the head, but comes across as all too serious when posted to the Internet.

You know' date=' from the second half of his message, [i']"leave Lydia alone, you modder bastard!"[/i] I rather suspect the comment was intended as a joke :)

Probably one of those things that sounded funny inside the head, but comes across as all too serious when posted to the Internet.

Sarcasm is often hard to interpret via a post so one truly never knows.....:)

EDIT: Cool they haven't deleted my post yet (name I used was LikeyouCare).

Has anyone noticed that when you get close to an NPC they back away and ask "what are you doing?" I noticed it and started sort of harassing the redguard cook in Whiterun' date=' I thought she was going to draw down on me she got so angry.

[/quote']

Sounds like something we can potentially use. Imagine if you had to get that close for a certain period of time before you could initiate rape? With the target getting more and more angry every time she notices you ... could make for some nice immersion.

That's true' date=' but they always move away, no idea if that would create a problem in initiating an animation or not. I just worry about the CK being built in with the steam program and the limitations they'll put on it.

[/quote']

mmm... but if the "move away" behaviour is a script, and I expect it is, then we can add our own override, and use it as a hook for our own code.