Rape in the Lovers series is not really immersive (Maybe a new project)

GrimReaper

Great ideas would love to see them implemented into a mod. I currently only use Rapers (LandE makes it impossible to die) and have it turned down so being raped is very slim and only when health is below 10% and also have debuffs active for when raped. Have to agree that between the facial expressions and body lanuage in most to all of the animations don't fit your character or NPC being raped.

The penalty system sounds like a great thing to have' date=' but having penalties that cripple your player in the sense of having your inventory emptied isn't that great of an idea, maybe if the penalties where less harsh then yeah it would be great. But other than that would love to see this being made into a mod, would improve the immersion of lovers greatly.

[/quote']

How did you get debuffs for being raped? Is there a mod for that already or did you add it yourself? I would be interested in such a mod.

I also like the idea of making rape more punishing because maybe then you would actually try to avoid it in some situations instead of "exposing" your character to see her get into some action. It would be annoying if they permanently took your gear but if you could get it back somehow it would be okay. They could also take all your money because that's actually quite realistic. If they found 5000 gold in your bags, they wouldn't just leave it there. This will make you careful about hauling all your gold into a dungeon and think about storing it somewhere safe instead.

The debuff could be a stack of -5 to strength, willpower, agility, speed, endurance and personality(personality because a rape would leave your character trashed and not very charming). If your endurance ever gets to 0 you would die. Of course these penalties have to decrease over time by let's say 1 stack per in game hour? It should also be possible to visit a church altar and be instantly healed, like when you get drained attributes in other ways.

When it comes to animations I think you would need to make them more rough and constricting, showing the rapist holding the pc's arms in a tight grip or pressing her down against the floor with their weight. There are already some animations that would work but they still leaves something to wish for like the victims expression. She needs to look sad and have her face turned away from the rapist in protest. Maybe you could even make some animations where the victim is bound or chained? That would be awesome.

brevaforced.png

There's a few like that, but i would love to see more.

Have you been taken advantage of by your neighbor' date=' their maid, their dog, their horse, the Emperor, a guard, bandits, all would-be thugs and criminals or some type of random sex-crazed mushroom?[/quote']

...Then you've been downloading mods from the Pacific Rim!

I don't often find posts to make me laugh these days! Good one.

Looks like I finally solved my issue with Blender. Y'know, it's always like that with Blender. Run into a problem, search for help in the internet (and find shitloads of tutorials/FAQs that all don't mention your problem), trial and error, go to sleep, wake up, some more trial and error and maybe then you find what you searched for. Maybe. And then start all over with your project.

After you get raped 560+ times (like my current character) I'd imagine some kind of weird Stockholm syndrome sets in.

I don't know. Just because you get punched in the face a lot doesn't mean you suddenly start to like getting punched in the face.

Lovers offers Erotic Fantasy Story style \"rape\"' date=' not real world rape. It's a Japanese Hentai Anime / American Erotic Fantasy Comic Book universe, and \"rape\" is just another way of fighting, or of saying hello. Really realistic rape would leave your character an emotional wreck and either near catatonic after a dozen or so attacks or unable to say \"no\" or fight back against anyone (much like the more damaged class of real world sex workers).

[/quote']

And in my opinion this doesn't fit too well for Oblivion. If you forget the shiny and bright graphic style (or the funny random glitches) that Oblivion offers for a moment you'll see that Oblivion (or any of the TES games for that matter) are pretty serious and sometimes even dark games.

Guest Donkey
Looks like I finally solved my issue with Blender. Y'know, it's always like that with Blender. Run into a problem, search for help in the internet (and find shitloads of tutorials/FAQs that all don't mention your problem), trial and error, go to sleep, wake up, some more trial and error and maybe then you find what you searched for. Maybe. And then start all over with your project.

Yes this part sounds very familiar, i had that too with the creature vs npc animation project, forced me to restart that 3 times before i got a fully working one. Glad to hear you solved your problems.

@ nightwolf: I set it up ages ago it's one of Lovers mods can't remember which one tho been ages since i poked lovers settings. I will look through the ones i have installed and see what is what.

I would really appreciate if you did. Maybe start with LoversRapers or LoversPK since those are the most logical choices?

I agree with a lot of what was said in the original post.  A lot of the rape that's occurred in my game wasn't very realistic in how/why/where it happened, and even then there's the smiles...  Hell, I think I would be satisfied if somehow I could get the 'girl on top' animations off the rape animations list.  Who's raping who, here?  And you'd have to be really brave to try to rape the woman holding the Arena Grand Champion title, knowing she's killed some of the best fighters in Cyrodiil already, sometimes several at once.

If you survive the encounter you'll get teleported just outside the interior cell you were currently in or to the nearest inn if you are outside.

But' date=' if you're talking about making a more immersive mod, I think you should probably find another way to deal with this part.  Maybe have them continue combat after a while (fight, rob, rape, kill sort of thing) or simply set the surrounding actor's aggression to 0 for a little while before returning it to normal, allowing the PC to get a head start on running the hell away while the NPCs make disparaging comments?

However you choose to handle it, I think this makes for an interesting alternative to character death in any case.  Sort of like a lot of other games where your character doesn't really die, just gets KO'ed, loses all their stuff and is miraculously resurrected at a nearby inn.

After you get raped 560+ times (like my current character) I'd imagine some kind of weird Stockholm syndrome sets in.

I don't know. Just because you get punched in the face a lot doesn't mean you suddenly start to like getting punched in the face.

Never really studied a lot of abnormal psychology, did you?  ;P  Getting punched in the face is a bit less traumatic than getting raped is.  Besides, ever watched Fight Club?  There do exist people who fight just for the adrenaline (not saying the movie has much direct semblance of reality, just illustrating the point).  I could prattle on about self-destructive behavior and the effects of abuse of any kind on the human mind and all that sort of thing, but that would be way off the topic of this thread and I think this vein of discussion has gone further than it needed to for the purpose of this thread already.

The point I'm making is simply that you can't expect to even come close to capturing the real effects rape would have on a person's psychology in a game.  I think we can all agree with marrow12, real rape isn't funny or hot.  In the interest of keeping Oblivion fun, we shouldn't try to make in-game rape too much like real world rape.

if I recall, loversspermsplash gives you debuffs that stacked each time you were raped.  there was an option to turn this off though.  it was a bit of a pain when you were gang raped and the debuffs lowered your strength to the point where you were over encumbered by your equipment and couldn't walk/run away.  this left you to be taken over and over.

since the debuffs were "spell" related, if you timed it right, you could cast a spell or use a scroll to dispel the effect long enough to have a chance at getting away.

looks good. rape modes right now are useless sometimes. mainly to have chance to set who can and cant rape/be raped. like you written, guard raping someone (ok, even guard can be corrupt).

and for the LoversRapeS. raped someone inside bulding. we were alone. after finish guard was standing at the door. quite unrealistic. how he knew that rape is in progress?

debuffs sounds good, but the extreme, that you die if raped much, not. ending up unconcious sounds better (maybe wake up in cell and escaping captivity).

be raped when sleeping is ok, even in town (not all establishments are high class).

loosing money is ok, equipement not. for instance loosing something that is unique, may hinder the experience from game.

now let not forget about other side. playing as male. to have more control. after rape to threat someone to stay silence. or to gag someone to not atract atention etc.

If your looking for ideas, I would be ecstatic if you would listen to a few.

1) NPC Jumps the player. Similar to how Joburg works. When the player gets spotted and the actor isn't spotted, he sneaks up on the player and runs a rape animation. When he gets spotted, he resumes regular attack styles.

-------
create an array that will serve to see if the actor has been spotted yet. 0 means they are new, 1 means they have been cataloged as not spoted, 2 means they have been spoted
Run a check every 5 seconds (default) until an actor gets referenced
get firstref for actors in cell to a variable [actor]

while ( (the ref for actors has a value) and ( the array value with the actor ref as a key isn't greater than or equal to 2)
store a 1 for not spotted in the array with a key for actor.
run a check to see if the actor has spotted the player [ActorID.]GetDetected TargetID],
	if positive
		run a check to see if the player has line of sight of the actor [[ActorID.]GetLOS ObjectID]
			if (the player doesn't see the actor)
				if (actor isn't sneaking)
					set actor to sneak
					{optionally you may set the actor to walking instead of running so it is more realistic}
					pull out knife if in inventory or equipped.
					if (a blunt or two handed weapon is equipped) or (weapon is the only item in the inventory)
						go bare handed
				set actor to move to the player
					{optionally, create a variable to prevent running this set of commands again. Set the move function in an if statement}
				if ((get distance to player) < required distance for rape) [[actorID.]getDistance player]
					if (player health < 10%) or )(player strength times health percentage) is less than (enemy strength * .8)
						play actor animation for stealth rape behind the player
							pick animation based on currently equipped weapon.
						set the array value for this actor to 2 so he doesn't try to stealth rape again
						set the actor to stop sneaking
						set the actor to running
						set the main hand weapon back to default
			if (the player does see the actor)
				set the array value for this actor to 2 so he doesn't try to stealth rape again.
				set the actor to stop sneaking
				set the actor to running
				set the main hand weapon back to default

2. When player is severly wounded, most people would be down and out of the fight. Not Herculie with one hit point. So this would change the animation of the player when they get low on hp. If you use a global variable to check if the player is rapeable, then now would be the time to set it.

Optionally, if you want to, you can add in a second state of being wounded. give the player a speed debuff when the health drops to a current point. The speed debuff needs to be a constant check that would insure the player is crippled. Like... divide the player speed by 10. the number is the degree of buff that needs to be applied and the remainder would be your check.

~~~~~if (player speed % 10 != 0)
~~~~~if (player speed / 10 < 1)
~~~~~	remove debuff
~~~~~if (player speed / 10 >=1)
~~~~~	give player debuff grade 1
~~~~~if (player speed / 10 >=2)
~~~~~	give player debuff grade 2
etc

-------
run the function on hit
get the players health divided by their max health and set it to a double variable for their current health.
if (player health <= .08 or 8%)
if (the player isn't knocked down or out) [ActorID.]GetKnockedState
	play wounded stagger animation
give the player a burden effect {to force walking} with a specific name. it's removed later.
set the player walk animation to a wounded crawling or dragging animation.
set the player rape flag to positive {assuming you have a variable to set}
else
remove the player burden effect.
set the walk animation to the default animation. 
set the player rape flag to negative {assuming you have a variable to set}

3. Optionally, if you want to, you can add in a second state of being wounded. give the player a speed debuff when the health drops to a current point. The speed debuff needs to be a constant check that would insure the player is crippled. Like... divide the player speed by 10. the number is the degree of buff that needs to be applied and the remainder would be your check.

Debuff name: Crippled! {all ranks}

------
if (player speed != 0)
if (player speed / 10 < 1)
	remove debuff
	set the walk and run animation to the default animation. 
else if (player speed / 10 >=10) 
	give player debuff grade 1
else if (player speed / 10 >=9)
	give player debuff grade 2
etc...

Thanks for taking the time to read it man.

Very nice ideas, looking forward to a more immersive rape mod.

Regarding the spawn at last interior; how about just passing out instead? Or maybe spawning at a "prison" like slave trader/cave/lair whatever. Or mix it up with some random chances between them.

Anyway GL.

How about if after you were raped enough and your health dropped low enough you'd black out and you'd wake up as a prisoner. think about it, after you'd just been gang-raped it makes sense that sometimes they would like to keep you as a sex-slave. you'd be forced to do "dirty quests" for them while you plan or work for your freedom. there would have to be kind of system in place to prevent you from running away of course and doing other non-lovers quests.

an idea on the bandit stealing your stuff. after passing out, youd wake up in the nearest inn and a percentage of your stuff was stolen and placed in a chest at the end of the nearest bandit dungeon. the idea being that they were interrupted by someone and only took what they could back to their hideout. this way you still have some stuff and you'd have to fight for the rest of your stuff and also inrisk losing more.

Well my lil' idea is(sorz for this schematics :P):

When you got caught and raped by one of bandits then:

->he can repeat act or:

->give you to other bandit if he's done or:

if another bandit want, but if the first one will:

-agree - just another rape with diffrent person

-refuse - there should be small chance captors will start quarrel and fight, maybe without killing each other, then:

--you have some time to run away, but:

---if you are too far they will stop fighting and run after youn

Btw. most likely to items which can be steal should be jewels and jewelry. The greater value the bigger chance to lose it.

I think for now a kind of initiation mini game or button mash (the easy option) for the rapist to try and force themselves onto the recipient.  If you can mash the button fast enough.  and I'm sure there are a few poses that can be used at different angles changes to let you know if your being overpowered or not.

I don't really think I'd want to be immersed in rape...

Anyhow, I've got joburg set up so that rape is pretty rare... there are no giant rape orgies in the streets.  Getting raped during combat with deadly reflex on is pretty harsh though.  It usually ends with my character being killed with a coup de grace while she's still laying on the ground exhausted.  For this reason, I've got the health percentage requirement for rape set as low as possible, so that when rape happens, the character is near death and was likely going to die anyway.

Something that could make combat rape better would be to have your character get knocked out, hauled off to some slaver base in a cave or fort or whatever, clapped in irons, used and abused, and have to overpower the guard or snatch a key and escape.

Very nice ideas here...would love to see such mod released.

I think it shouldn't be so real-world like, it is just a game which must remain funny. Chance to die or loose rare/unique items will be annoying not less than current joburg illogicality. But if there will be a quest to return your items it will be very very nice. Idea of becoming a slave/prisoner (with quests or at least one for escape) instead of death sounds great too. IMO, of course.

I also very appreciate GrimReaper's attempt in doing more lovers-anims, especially rape ones. There are very few of them currently available. I've got almost all anims posted at GS and there are just about 10 of them really suited for rape.

And if anyone interested I have a solution to explicitly define anims (with priorities) being played in various situations. This is just a 'half-stuff' atm as I'm a rather busy man and have not enough free time for scripting. It isn't a separated mod but directly modified lovers with pk and joburg scripts. In short, pickSameGroupSPos will now accept 4th arg - an array (map) of anims and their priorities. These anims (if passed and non-empty) will be the only ones available to choose from for that action. Array itself can be defined in ini for each particular situation (on joburg ex these are rape, rapeback, rapefront, rapebed and so on). Similar behaviour can be implemented in rapers and any other lovers mods.

Its fully functional for joburg except cases when 'random position' option is off so pickSameGroupSPos not called at the start. Probably i will continue work on it but no one knows when i've got free time for scripting again...So i can upload a current ver of modified scripts as txt if someone wishes to make it available for EN-community or use in his/shes own mod.

Sorry for my english)

i was just thinking what if you after being raped in a city you could go and try to report it to a guard so that sometimes you would end up reporting it to a guard who would help you and then you would just have to wait a couple of hours or something and then you could go talk to a guard and get the things that were stolen from you back.

or you could end up trying to get help from a corrupt guard who would tell you to follow him (then he leads you to a place where there arent anyone around) where he will rape you and threaten to kill you if you say anything about it.

i was just thinking what if you after being raped in a city you could go and try to report it to a guard so that sometimes you would end up reporting it to a guard who would help you and then you would just have to wait a couple of hours or something and then you could go talk to a guard and get the things that were stolen from you back.

or you could end up trying to get help from a corrupt guard who would tell you to follow him (then he leads you to a place where there arent anyone around) where he will rape you and threaten to kill you if you say anything about it.

^this

Guest Donkey

You are correct about immersive part. This part made me chuckle a bit.

The wife got raped in-front of her husband, and all the husband did was starting to masturbate.  ;D

btw this sintav woman was blabbing how great her husband is. I wonder what she thinks of him now..  :P

Hm, immersion eh? Well you could start a whole theories, ideas war around this. Oblivion gives you the ability to become leader of all guilds but where's the immersion in that? after the quests end you don't get to do much with em. And you're thinking about rape, well hell you could think of lots of stuff... Do you get raped in combat, when sleeping, when you're in a house, when you're doing quests? (lol yeah you could revamp vanilla quests to have sexual options and what not). Then what immersion could you get from that.. npc's treat you differently? like not talking at all (and you could also make it a rumor that people pass around and some don't hear it and continue talking), others are perverts and request you for a shag? see there's the npc behavior you could mess with, making perverts, righteous characters, experienced characters or virgins.. then there's what kind of character you are... will the PC come to enjoy it as odd as it sound or will it always struggle and not want it to happen anymore. The thing is you could build the whole game around it... does endurance and willpower affect how nasty the debuffs are? seriously you can enter all kind of stuff to this, i could go on for days.. a game gives you endless possibilities. and from what i've seen till it wouldn't surprise if someone made the gameplay in oblivion including the quest one giant orgy (fucking the hell out of dagon, convincing dark brotherhood assassin targets to get on with you and u stab while in the act, charm and eventually end up doing Thoronir to find out where he gets his items, The Siren's Deception <- lots could happen with this one etc)... and then comes the animations and how the thing appears in game. animations we have some, but then u can go from the simplest thing to the most complex and this has  big impact on what the mod is like -> check ups25371 for example... good luck whatever you wanna do!

The problem with 'immersion ' is that it seems to mean different things to different people, so much so that it often means nothing. I've seen people claim your character getting hungry is immersive (because it's like real life) and people claim it breaks immersion because it interrupts the flow of quests.

I find it a word best avoided when trying to explain something. Go figure!

Archived