Rape in the Lovers series is not really immersive (Maybe a new project)

GrimReaper

Got to agree in the whole "immersive rape" thing. I would really like to see some reallistic looking animations for rape (Well you know: Clothes being ripped of etc. ) But the thing is hat the more we go into this direction, the more problems and weird things we will run into. And there is a border between real life rape and computer game rape. You can't make the game look the identical to reallife, because then life would not make sence.

Clothes ripped off is problematic for all sorts of reasons.  First off it would have to be a generic clothing and would not take any account into whether it was clothes or armor (which would look like shit and be immersion breaking).  Secondly it requires making animations and objects to actually rip stuff off.  Then you are writing all kinds of scripts and buttons for folks to push to block or continue the disrobing.  This whole bit gets complicated really fast.  The Rape Struggle plugin was any attempt to implement this.

A better and much simpler alternative is using break armor (which now works for clothes) and wait until the armor is destroyed to allow rape.  While this would work fine without any additional mods if you are controlling the rapist it does not yet work for NPC's attacking others or your PC.  That might be worth someones time to see about coding a check that prevents rape unless the PC\NPC is nude or has broken armor\clothing.

Clothes ripped off is problematic for all sorts of reasons.  First off it would have to be a generic clothing and would not take any account into whether it was clothes or armor (which would look like shit and be immersion breaking).  Secondly it requires making animations and objects to actually rip stuff off.  Then you are writing all kinds of scripts and buttons for folks to push to block or continue the disrobing.  This whole bit gets complicated really fast.  The Rape Struggle plugin was any attempt to implement this.

A better and much simpler alternative is using break armor (which now works for clothes) and wait until the armor is destroyed to allow rape.  While this would work fine without any additional mods if you are controlling the rapist it does not yet work for NPC's attacking others or your PC.  That might be worth someones time to see about coding a check that prevents rape unless the PC\NPC is nude or has broken armor\clothing.

Yeah. Because if you want to implement clothing riping animations you'll need to have some badass coding skills to do so. Because you'll need a script which detects what clothes or armor you're wearing and then uses that data to find the right animation for it.

As you said, that Rape Struggle did try implement this, but I think that we can only go so far. With me experiance with Lovers I can say that there will be a break through point somewere down the line.

On the upcoming list for RaperS.  While not waiting for outright destroyed, currently leaning towards implementing an adjustable penalty to any rape chance per point of upper+lower armor durability % remaining.  And for clothing if BreakArmor is loaded and has the function to support getting current cloth durablity, although something like halved the penalty as for armor.

On the upcoming list for RaperS.  While not waiting for outright destroyed, currently leaning towards implementing an adjustable penalty to any rape chance per point of upper+lower armor durability % remaining.  And for clothing if BreakArmor is loaded and has the function to support getting current cloth durablity, although something like halved the penalty as for armor.

There is no clothing durability in Break Armor. You just get the current health/fatigue value and pass them with the same way as Break Armor handles clothings. But if you can implement some kind of clothing-durability to clothings and Break Armor can recognize it, that would be cool.

Well the bad thing is that we don't have too many breakable clothings yet.

There is no clothing durability in Break Armor. You just get the current health/fatigue value and pass them with the same way as Break Armor handles clothings. But if you can implement some kind of clothing-durability to clothings and Break Armor can recognize it, that would be cool.

Well hopefully when I finish the animations overhaul (shooting for end of march right now) I intend on doing something about that.  I have HUGE plans for clothes and armors for my BU armor pack 3......... ;)

Isn't there?  The documentation for the BreakArmor callback seems to suggest there is:

;***callType 1***

; This gives both the occupied body slots and the total health as a single number

; #0 is minimum item health #9 is maximum item health

; This allows external mods to track breakclothing status as well as breakarmor status

; 10 - 19 : Upper Body

; 20 - 29 : Lower Body

; 30 - 39 : Upper and Lower Body

I was under the impression that for clothing BA tracks your health/fatigue and as it hits certain milestones decides your worn clothing goes down a damaged state and stays there until repaired.  This damaged state should be what the callback would allow me to check.

Isn't there?  The documentation for the BreakArmor callback seems to suggest there is:

;***callType 1***

; This gives both the occupied body slots and the total health as a single number

; #0 is minimum item health #9 is maximum item health

; This allows external mods to track breakclothing status as well as breakarmor status

; 10 - 19 : Upper Body

; 20 - 29 : Lower Body

; 30 - 39 : Upper and Lower Body

I was under the impression that for clothing BA tracks your health/fatigue and as it hits certain milestones decides your worn clothing goes down a damaged state and stays there until repaired.  This damaged state should be what the callback would allow me to check.

let itemHealth := itemIndexSize * (1 - ((aaBACycle.CBHMult * (currentNPC.GetActorValuec 8)) + (aaBACycle.CBFMult * (currentNPC.GetActorValuec 10)))/((aaBACycle.CBHMult * (currentNPC.GetMaxAVC 8)) + (aaBACycle.CBFMult * (currentNPC.GetMaxAVC 10))))
This is the code that BreakArmor calculates the clothing state. You can track the current broken state of given clothing, but probably not able to actually do something about it, unless you don't mind killing the victim.

The default values are CBHMult=3 and CBFMult=0.1. So health impacts 30 times more than fatigue. So... I don't know, maybe you can control the clothing's stage by damaging the fatigue (while raping) about ~30 times of max fatigue value?

let itemHealth := itemIndexSize * (1 - ((aaBACycle.CBHMult * (currentNPC.GetActorValuec 8)) + (aaBACycle.CBFMult * (currentNPC.GetActorValuec 10)))/((aaBACycle.CBHMult * (currentNPC.GetMaxAVC 8)) + (aaBACycle.CBFMult * (currentNPC.GetMaxAVC 10))))

This is the code that BreakArmor calculates the clothing state. You can track the current broken state of given clothing, but probably not able to actually do something about it, unless you don't mind killing the victim.

The default values are CBHMult=3 and CBFMult=0.1. So health impacts 30 times more than fatigue. So... I don't know, maybe you can control the clothing's stage by damaging the fatigue (while raping) about ~30 times of max fatigue value?

I don't want to damage the clothing! :D  I want to ask BreakArmor how damaged the clothing is at any given time.

I don't want to damage the clothing! :D  I want to ask BreakArmor how damaged the clothing is at any given time.

Uh, then I misunderstood of your idea.

By the way, this gives me the idea of LoversBreakArmor. Currently it does not let BreakArmor break clothings, it cant, but should be possible if it damages the defender's fatigue.. a LOT.

Talk about immersion.....

I have a suggestion for LoversJoburg, but it seems the thread is locked. And probably no one will continue it, but here's my idea......

To add more immersion on the street rape, I think the mod should add one more feature, to check whatever there are high responsibility people around, like guard for example. So only at empty street, empty wilderness, or an area full of low responsible people......that rape will occurred. This a bit realistic, rather than encounter inappropriate raping in the middle of main street and square full of people.

I have a suggestion for LoversJoburg, but it seems the thread is locked. And probably no one will continue it, but here's my idea......

To add more immersion on the street rape, I think the mod should add one more feature, to check whatever there are high responsibility people around, like guard for example. So only at empty street, empty wilderness, or an area full of low responsible people......that rape will occurred. This a bit realistic, rather than encounter inappropriate raping in the middle of main street and square full of people.

The Joburg thread is not locked: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2-joburg/

You are talking about having to create possibly quite a few scripts.  Not a small feat at all!!! 

Either way no one is currently working on this plugin so unless you are willing to step up to the plate and give it a shot, it probably won't happen.

The Joburg thread is not locked: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2-joburg/

You are talking about having to create possibly quite a few scripts.  Not a small feat at all!!! 

Either way no one is currently working on this plugin so unless you are willing to step up to the plate and give it a shot, it probably won't happen.

Harlock actually did this in one of the versions he posted a while ago, it was good with the one downside that it was animal disabled (no beast raping). but all those features geck is asking for is in that version. IIRC it was titled lovers adventurer? or something like that...

the responsibility check in it was interesting, if you were being stalked an ran next to a high responsibility character (guard) the stalker would back off a little distance and wait. If you left the presence of a guard the stalker (if he/she hadn't given up by then) would then resume the chase

Archived