Rape in the Lovers series is not really immersive (Maybe a new project)

GrimReaper

The big problem with BU armour is I've yet to see any for males. I know several women here who find this unfair' date=' to say the least.

[/quote']

Well, that's a problem women face in the adult segment of the video game world. Games in general have moved on a little and see women as a target audience more and more, but the adult modding/hentai community seems to be perceived as male.

A problem for BU male armor in particular is the fact that the best (as far as I have seen) are still done in the japanese modding community. If you thought seeing a woman interested in adult gaming stuff is rare, you haven't seen the japanese yet. Especially on the "active" side of things (modding, participation on boards, etc.).

I guess it will take more time and more interest by females to change these.

Yes' date=' yes I did.

[/quote']

Then you should know that the rapist doesn't loot your armor/clothing.

The big problem with BU armour is I've yet to see any for males. I know several women here who find this unfair' date=' to say the least.

[/quote']

They could learn how to use Blender or a similiar modelling programm and create male BU armors themselves. It's not like it's rocket science or anything like that. If you just use what others created you have to accept it as it is or start to work on things yourself.

[/quote']

Get AlienSlof on the line and start looking at the armor-making tutorials, it shouldn't be too hard to get a male version of this mod started.

I honestly think it would be better with BU for both genders.

One complaint I've had is that after sex' date=' someone will start attacking again if they see you. I think this is stupid. They should part with a smartass remark, and then be non-hostile towards you, but demand sex when you talk to them or something like that.

I'd want that, and a mod that takes groups into account. Like if there are 5 people nearby and one rapes you, they either join in, or leave and laugh at you or something. They shouldn't all continue to attack someone they just seen there partner fuck in the ass, it hardly makes any sense.

[/quote']

There is a setting called "Resume combat after rape" in the loverssettings(a spell in the top of your spell menu).

About taking turns, it does make sense in a way but they would only do it once each. I've seen it happen in movies like The Accused, Gutterballs and I spit on your grave but I should warn you about Gutterballs in case you would go look for that. It has a very cruel rape scene and some explicit gore that I didn't care much for. Some guys aren't prude at all, or care about hygiene(like bandits and marauders) when they get a hot girl served up before them.

Btw, please change your avatar. It has to be the ugliest I've seen...or maybe that was the point? >.<

I'd also like to comment on the discussion about immersion. I think it's about what would be realistic in the game world combined with what's fun. If your character can become a slave and have to escape it adds to the fun, because it gives the game more depth. It's not about making it ultra realistic in detail. If we wanted that, it would mean your character would report the rape to the guards and stop doing dungeons for at least a month. Don't stop modding the ideas people have added here, just because some people have different opinions about immersion. I think most people here agree what they want, at least those who likes the Lovers series and doesn't try to be moral bitches. It's a game, not a learning program for 1st grade.

• 2 months later...

The real problem with making a realistic consequence for rape is that realistically, the damage rape does to a person is more psychological than physical.

That sort of thing is VERY difficult, if not nearly impossible, to portray when it comes to adding a consequence of rape to the player character, let alone NPCs.

Sure, you could damage the Intelligence/Personality stat. But when it comes right down to it, that's not much of a real consequence (any more than diseases. Just run to the chapel, pray at the altar, and poof! Statdamage-be-gone!), and it really doesn't make rape any more immersive.

Instead, I think what really needs to be changed is how it's presented. That is, who gets raped and why, how other NPCs react to it, what animations are played, and the sounds that are played while doing it.

I've started to tackle the first issue in my project "Joburg Realistic Edition" Which restricts stalkers/rapists to a very strict and narrow list. And I've had some ideas on how to implement the second issue, but sadly I lack the coding knowledge to do so. See the Joburg realisim Edition thread for more details.

As for the animations and sound, currently rape is treated as just another form of sex. The animations are the same ones that are used for consensual sex (How many times has your character raped/been raped by someone, only to have the rape victim on top bouncing away happily on her rapists cock? Or lying there with her legs invitingly wrapped and/or spread wide open for her rapist while he gladly humps away?).

I know that was touched upon earlier in the thread, but I don't know what ever became of it.

And then there's the sounds. Technically rape and normal sex each have their own folders. However, the sounds for rape and the sounds for normal sex sound so similar it's almost completely impossible to tell them apart. There's no audable "STOP!"s or "NOOO!"s or "HELP!"s in any of them. Just very very very slightly different sounding moans.

And then there's the sounds. Technically rape and normal sex each have their own folders. However' date=' the sounds for rape and the sounds for normal sex sound so similar it's almost completely impossible to tell them apart. There's no audable "STOP!"s or "NOOO!"s or "HELP!"s in any of them. Just very very very slightly different sounding moans.

[/quote']

Not in my game.

I replaced the sound files so that when there is a rape going on...you know it and can hear the female screaming for help, screaming for the attacker to stop, screaming for the attacker not to cum in her.

Much more realistic.

Not in my game.

I replaced the sound files so that when there is a rape going on...you know it and can hear the female screaming for help' date=' screaming for the attacker to stop, screaming for the attacker not to cum in her.

Much more realistic.

[/quote']

Download link?

Not in my game.

I replaced the sound files so that when there is a rape going on...you know it and can hear the female screaming for help' date=' screaming for the attacker to stop, screaming for the attacker not to cum in her.

Much more realistic.

[/quote']

Download link?

Look up my early posts. I would now but I'm about to head out.

There was a thread where I recorded new sounds for normal sex

and new rape tracks from "online movies" *wink-wink*

Replaced all the "NSx" folders so there were about 7 different chicks you could pick from and use to replace different stock sound folders.

Hm, when you get time I too would appreciate a link to those sounds. Just checked your post history and its like 30+ pages long. I'd prefer to wait til you have it on hand than spend an hour looking. xD

/me wants it too but couldn't find.

Rape would still be not like real rape but sounds would help. Animations and sounds would be awesome. Anims, sounds, and some sort of consequences that reflects the psychological and physical damages of rape would be perfect... though the latter would arguably be harder to implement in a realistic way for a few reasons.

Yeah, and maybe some post-rape animations. It's like... our female char quickly gets up and proceed as if nothing happened. She should irrationally crawl away from her rapist(crawling anim, player has no control over char(?)), seeking a place to hide... and when such place is found(sneak, not detected), a crying anim would kick in along with a crying sound and optionally a temporary stat damage.

Yeah' date=' and maybe some post-rape animations. It's like... our female char quickly gets up and proceed as if nothing happened. She should irrationally crawl away from her rapist(crawling anim, player has no control over char(?)), seeking a place to hide... and when such place is found(sneak, not detected), a crying anim would kick in along with a crying sound and optionally a temporary stat damage.

[/quote']

I think instead of using the crawling animation from LoversBitch, we should use the embarrasing run thing from Estrus (the one where the women runs a way trying to hide her breasts and genitals while crouchindg down in shame). That would be better in my opinion.

Yeah' date=' and maybe some post-rape animations. It's like... our female char quickly gets up and proceed as if nothing happened. She should irrationally crawl away from her rapist(crawling anim, player has no control over char(?)), seeking a place to hide... and when such place is found(sneak, not detected), a crying anim would kick in along with a crying sound and optionally a temporary stat damage.

[/quote']

I think instead of using the crawling animation from LoversBitch, we should use the embarrasing run thing from Estrus (the one where the women runs a way trying to hide her breasts and genitals while crouchindg down in shame). That would be better in my opinion.

Also as an added bonus you only have to ask one person for permissions, and it would probably be easier to script since that's already implemented in a different mod( albeit for npcs rather than the pc)

someone had an Idea for a foreplay mod or simple kissing mod, this could be a similar project, the "foreplay" could have a much more aggressive animation to it and this is where the player could do something like block to fend off the attacker like in LoversPlayerEscape (I think that is it.) so there isn't just an instant rape scenario like it is now, there is a bit of a struggle to get the player or the NPC into being raped.

I agree with what dumit said. There should be like... an anim that the man aggressively grabs the woman's arm, maybe, and forcefully start kissing and undressing her(and each of her clothes' pieces(upper, lower body etc) falling on the ground, until she is totally naked). Also, this "pre-rape" scene should be divided in parts, "progressions". Then, if the female PC failed at "repelling" the rapist's advances, actual intercourse would start; at this point the player can't escape anymore.

On the pre-rape scene, however, each time we attempted to escape(pressing rmb) should produce a "nooo!"/"don't!"/"help!"/etc sound instead of the current non-immersive block sound.

I also think BU armors would be awesomely realistic for the pre-rape, except that they'd break instead of "unzipping"/unbuttoning.

I looked into adding a separate phase into the the rape stuff but I have no real experience with oblivion scripting. Coupled with a very unstable TES construction set and I just gave up. my plan was to use the hug mod animations (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39000) along with a warning that your about to be raped and some cloth tearing noises. Giving a player a chance to escape with the same thing blocking to stop the rape. maybe even some opposed strength or fatigue tests in there. For if the rapist is the player the NPC would just get some sort of strength or fatigue check/chance

Archived