baltic1284 Posted November 18, 2014 Posted November 18, 2014 Si it possible to have teenagers in this mod kids is nice and all but be pretty cool if there was teenagers in the game also.
en_hawk Posted November 18, 2014 Author Posted November 18, 2014 Feel better? Just messin'...... Over a year of being asked the same bloody questions, all of which are answered in the OP, over and over eventually gets to you... Si it possible to have teenagers in this mod kids is nice and all but be pretty cool if there was teenagers in the game also.Not as of yet, however it is definitely on the todo list. Keep your eyes peeled for an update adding this in the next month or two, though I cant promise anything.
gvman3670 Posted November 18, 2014 Posted November 18, 2014 Si it possible to have teenagers in this mod kids is nice and all but be pretty cool if there was teenagers in the game also. It does include playable Monli race. I did that to recreate a teenage character. Maybe using "setrace" console command on some kids or adults could give you some teen NPCs? I haven't tried it yet.
gvman3670 Posted November 18, 2014 Posted November 18, 2014 Over a year of being asked the same bloody questions, all of which are answered in the OP, over and over eventually gets to you... Oh, I'll take your word for it. I can just imagine.
johann7124 Posted November 18, 2014 Posted November 18, 2014 After installing Khajiit Tail Physics, I also added it to the Skychildren Khajiit as well. HDT Physics required. sk-HDT Khajiit tail.7z
Kuupe Posted November 22, 2014 Posted November 22, 2014 Hey, I'm back. I got it running pretty well now. I have no idea why it didn't work before, maybe I messed something else up. Using Mod Organizer btw. EDIT: also, why isn't Babette supported? And when will she be supported?
Spyder Arachnid Posted November 22, 2014 Posted November 22, 2014 She should be, though I haven't used the child replacer that comes with SkyKids originally, as I use my alternate version here. It has all the children, including Babette. Though I believe the regular SkyKids should have Babette done as well. Unless of course you have a mod that modifies Babette already, even if it is not an appearance chance, it could be causing a conflict.
johann7124 Posted November 22, 2014 Posted November 22, 2014 She should be, though I haven't used the child replacer that comes with SkyKids originally, as I use my alternate version here. It has all the children, including Babette. Though I believe the regular SkyKids should have Babette done as well. Unless of course you have a mod that modifies Babette already, even if it is not an appearance chance, it could be causing a conflict. Nope, Babette was the only one that en_hawk did not have done. From the OP It is still a work in progress, but it presently changes all vanilla and DLC NPCs save for Babette
Spyder Arachnid Posted November 22, 2014 Posted November 22, 2014 She should be, though I haven't used the child replacer that comes with SkyKids originally, as I use my alternate version here. It has all the children, including Babette. Though I believe the regular SkyKids should have Babette done as well. Unless of course you have a mod that modifies Babette already, even if it is not an appearance chance, it could be causing a conflict. Nope, Babette was the only one that en_hawk did not have done. From the OP It is still a work in progress, but it presently changes all vanilla and DLC NPCs save for Babette Ah okay, I must of missed that line, my mistake then (and here I am harping on people for not reading lol).
getmilkyone Posted November 22, 2014 Posted November 22, 2014 Getting issue where head is part bald when npc wears hat/hood such as in the wet and cold mod. Any ideas? I have ran the armor patcher.
Spyder Arachnid Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Getting issue where head is part bald when npc wears hat/hood such as in the wet and cold mod. Any ideas? I have ran the armor patcher. That's part of the regular game. The hoods/hats don't add hair to your character, they replace it. You'd need a mod that actually has hoods with hairs in order to see hair under your hood/hat.
getmilkyone Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Thanks, I probably didn't explain very well. Yes the missing hair is normal when a hat/hood is worn. What I'm getting is a big bald spot on top half of the child npc head when a hat/hood is worn when triggered by cold/rain weather. The actual hat/hood is not visible at all. Only affects child npc. I've attached screenshot to illustrate. I believe I need something that resizes hats/hoods for child npc.
MidbossVyers Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Has the shoe glitch for boys been fixed? In other words, has this been fixed yet? It happens to pretty much any shoes and boots for boys that shows ankles and toes.
Spyder Arachnid Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Thanks, I probably didn't explain very well. Yes the missing hair is normal when a hat/hood is worn. What I'm getting is a big bald spot on top half of the child npc head when a hat/hood is worn when triggered by cold/rain weather. The actual hat/hood is not visible at all. Only affects child npc. I've attached screenshot to illustrate. I believe I need something that resizes hats/hoods for child npc. Hmm that's odd. Haven't seen that issue before. So the hood is basically invisible? From looking at your screenshot (hard to see a dark image with all that white around it lol), it appears the hood is non-existent. If that's the case, it seems the patcher didn't patch Wet and Cold. Or you have the patcher loading before Wet and Cold, and BOSS/LOOT didn't sort it properly, thus it never patched Wet and Cold into the patcher. I'm not sure if you're using LOOT or BOSS, but with BOSS, it shouldn't be an issue. With LOOT though, it sorts weird (in my opinion), so you might have to set special rules for the patcher (no idea how to do that as I don't use LOOT to sort my load order). Only other thing I can think of, is when you installed Wet and Cold, did you choose the option for Child Hood Meshes in the installer? When you install it via MO or NMM or any Mod Manager, it gives you the option for child-sized hoods. Did you choose that or no? Cause I always choose that option and have never had this issue. Hoods have always shown on the children.
Spyder Arachnid Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Has the shoe glitch for boys been fixed? In other words, has this been fixed yet? It happens to pretty much any shoes and boots for boys that shows ankles and toes. ScreenShot39.jpg There has been no changes to the meshes or textures of the male child body since the last time you ask, so I'm going to guess it is still going to be like that. But I have a feeling it is because you are running on really low graphic settings, so naturally, a lot of custom textures that are not designed for low graphic settings, are going to be messed up. I don't know if SkyKids is setup that way, so I can't give you a definite answer. And since I play on Ultra settings, it's hard for me to pinpoint if that is the cause or not, cause it all looks fine in my game. Either that, or you have another mod conflicting with the children. Reason why I say that is simply this. There is no Bandit Outlaw children in SkyKids. The download page has no such thing. You have a different mod that is adding Bandit Outlaw children to Skyrim, and it's not SkyKids. So that issue you are having? Is not SkyKids related. It is whatever mod that you have that is giving you Bandit children, which SkyKids does not do. For all we know, it could be the third-party mod you are using to give you Bandit children, we don't know. It could also be another mod entirely, like RCotS that is giving you Bandit children. We don't know. We can't offer support or help for third-party mods that are not part of the actual mod.
johann7124 Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Has the shoe glitch for boys been fixed? In other words, has this been fixed yet? It happens to pretty much any shoes and boots for boys that shows ankles and toes. ScreenShot39.jpg There is no Bandit Outlaw children in SkyKids. The download page has no such thing. You have a different mod that is adding Bandit Outlaw children to Skyrim, and it's not SkyKids. So that issue you are having? Is not SkyKids related. It is whatever mod that you have that is giving you Bandit children, which SkyKids does not do. For all we know, it could be the third-party mod you are using to give you Bandit children, we don't know. It could also be another mod entirely, like RCotS that is giving you Bandit children. We don't know. We can't offer support or help for third-party mods that are not part of the actual mod. While it is not posted here, it is posted on the Nexus with en_hawks knowledge. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58016/? And you have endorsed it.
Spyder Arachnid Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Has the shoe glitch for boys been fixed? In other words, has this been fixed yet? It happens to pretty much any shoes and boots for boys that shows ankles and toes. ScreenShot39.jpg There is no Bandit Outlaw children in SkyKids. The download page has no such thing. You have a different mod that is adding Bandit Outlaw children to Skyrim, and it's not SkyKids. So that issue you are having? Is not SkyKids related. It is whatever mod that you have that is giving you Bandit children, which SkyKids does not do. For all we know, it could be the third-party mod you are using to give you Bandit children, we don't know. It could also be another mod entirely, like RCotS that is giving you Bandit children. We don't know. We can't offer support or help for third-party mods that are not part of the actual mod. While it is not posted here, it is posted on the Nexus with en_hawks knowledge. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58016/? And you have endorsed it. I just use ETaC from that page, as that is the only mod I use from that list. Thus, the endorsement. I forgot about all the other hostile child patches, seeing as I never ever use them, thus don't think they are part of SkyKids. I go mainly off what is provided here in this thread that En_Hawk himself has created, not what was created by someone else (regardless of the fact that En_Hawk has knowledge of it or not). But now that I know it is that mod that is giving the Bandit children, then yeah. Obviously ignore the second part of my response and stick to the first part of it since the second part doesn't apply. Seems like the logical thing to do. I haven't seen this issue myself in my game, then again, I use the alternate male body with my own textures I made (on my page). It all works fine and dandy with no texture glitches. Thus why it is either an issue with their graphic settings (seeing as they are really really low), or it is an issue with the default male body textures that come with SkyKids. But I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue yet, except for them, thus it leads me to think it is an issue with their game in particular. But I could be completely wrong. Thus why we are here to try to find a solution and help with what we know.
MidbossVyers Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Assuming that, by alternate boy body, you mean the classic boy body, I also use the same.
Spyder Arachnid Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Assuming that, by alternate boy body, you mean the classic boy body, I also use the same. I mean Alternate Male Body, that comes with SkyKids. It is there in the main download. I don't know what classic boy body is, but the alternate male body is the name of the one I am talking about and it is included with SkyKids in an optional folder.
MidbossVyers Posted November 23, 2014 Posted November 23, 2014 Well, in the opening post, in the miscellaneous section, under Optional alternate boy body, hidden by a spoiler tag, it says that the alternate boy body is also called the "old boy body". That's the one that you are referring to, correct? It's the one that I, and surprisingly a few others, use.
Spyder Arachnid Posted November 24, 2014 Posted November 24, 2014 Well, in the opening post, in the miscellaneous section, under Optional alternate boy body, hidden by a spoiler tag, it says that the alternate boy body is also called the "old boy body". That's the one that you are referring to, correct? It's the one that I, and surprisingly a few others, use. And that's the one I am using. And like I said, I haven't ran into any issues with it whatsoever. Then again, I use my own custom textures for it, which are located on my download page here. The ones that say "new male textures". You can give those a try since they are designed to work only on the alternate male body and see if the issues still persist. If they do, I really don't know what else to tell you. Either it's something to do with the low graphic setting you're using causing the textures to not work properly, or there is a conflict somewhere between another mod that edits the children or their textures. You're the only one I've seen report this issue, so I'm just going off what you are telling me and it appears this is an isolated issue to just your game. Until other people report this same issue, I just have to assume it's something on your end.
MidbossVyers Posted November 24, 2014 Posted November 24, 2014 On that page, what's the difference between new male textures and Alternative Male Body Textures? In either case, you did not deem it necessary to adjust the meshes or textures of any shoes for boys that show ankles or toes?
Spyder Arachnid Posted November 24, 2014 Posted November 24, 2014 On that page, what's the difference between new male textures and Alternative Male Body Textures? In either case, you did not deem it necessary to adjust the meshes or textures of any shoes for boys that show ankles or toes? The new male textures are for the body that comes with SkyKids as it is. the alternative male body textures are for the alternate male body. They both use different maps and are not compatible with each other. You don't need the new male textures at all anymore (I really should remove those), as they are included with SkyKids now. The Alternative Male Body Textures are for the alternate male body though. As for the meshes and textures, the feet are part of the body texture. I haven't touched the meshes, as I didn't create SkyKids in the first place. I just created a child npc replacer is all and new male textures. En_Hawk made SkyKids. I had trouble getting the textures to line up properly on the default body, thus why I use the alternate body instead which seems to work a lot better for me. I didn't change the mesh any, just the textures themselves. I'm not familiar with mesh editing and all that, just basic Photoshop skills here. But like I said, they work fine in my game without any issues.
Reloading Posted November 26, 2014 Posted November 26, 2014 Well not sure what to do now. Had rcots working great for vanilla npc replacer, saw post here about how much better looking and more efficient skykids was so decided to give it a go and switch. Installed size does matter Installed racecompatibility Installed More follower voice Installed Skykids.7z no problems with no races, optional patches for apachii 1.5 and beautiful eyes. Modified userlist for Boss and ran that no warnings. Now i've been told to run skarmorpatcher.jar. Time to go download JRE, run that, sitting here for 15 minutes starting at a Please wait 100% done importing patching window that I've been told not to close because fuck knows how long its supposed to take even though cpu is at 1% and everything is on SDD. RCOTS = 3 double clicks in NMM, boss sort and working. Think I'm gonna switch back.
en_hawk Posted November 26, 2014 Author Posted November 26, 2014 Well not sure what to do now. Had rcots working great for vanilla npc replacer, saw post here about how much better looking and more efficient skykids was so decided to give it a go and switch. Installed size does matter Installed racecompatibility Installed More follower voice Installed Skykids.7z no problems with no races, optional patches for apachii 1.5 and beautiful eyes. Modified userlist for Boss and ran that no warnings. Now i've been told to run skarmorpatcher.jar. Time to go download JRE, run that, sitting here for 15 minutes starting at a Please wait 100% done importing patching window that I've been told not to close because fuck knows how long its supposed to take even though cpu is at 1% and everything is on SDD. RCOTS = 3 double clicks in NMM, boss sort and working. Think I'm gonna switch back. Well that's cool, if you're down for poorly coded crap-ass mods that shit all over the vanilla content(and anything else that happens to be in the way), and are rife with bugs and technical errors, be my guest. The door is that way. I don't know why you would come in here with a smart-ass attitude and expect me to actually want to help you...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now