Jump to content

[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)


Recommended Posts

Posted

First off thanks for a great mod.  I love it and use it extensively.  I have noticed some issues and am wondering if there are fixes for them.

 

-When playing a child my eyes vanish when I reappear after casting invisibility (very creepy)

-NPC children grow to adult height when interacting with the world

-When playing as a child the first person POV camera is often at adult height

-When playing as a child I still have an adult voice

Hey, glad to hear you like the mod. I'll try and get all your concerns addressed.

 

-When playing a child my eyes vanish when I reappear after casting invisibility (very creepy)

Have not actually ever used that spell myself, I'll have to give it a go and see what I can do about it if the problem crops up on my end. Have you tested it on the vanilla races as well to make sure its not a vanilla bug?

 

-NPC children grow to adult height when interacting with the world

That ones actually a 'feature'(read: bug) with the vanilla game; there's an option you can set on those sorts of interaction animations that will cause whoever is using them to reset their actor scale to 1.0, to prevent animation misalignment. The vanilla children never ran into this issue, despite using actor based scaling, as all of those objects also have the 'children cant use' flag set, which skykids clears(none of the races/npcs are flagged as child anymore). They're supposed to reset scale when they're done using the object, but this is a bethesda game after all, so it doesn't always(read: hardly ever) work. There's a mod out that clears all the rescale flags off of everything in the game and should fix the sticky scale issue(you can use 'setscale 1' in the console on any of the npcs that are still stuck resized to fix them). You can get it here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41304, I really should put that in the OP.

 

-When playing as a child the first person POV camera is often at adult height

That one has to be a mod/asset conflict, as under extensive testing in a vanilla game environment I never once ran into that issue. As far as vanilla skyrim is concerned, the first person camera height scales properly with the actor scale.

 

-When playing as a child I still have an adult voice

Aye, we don't have any child voices, and all the ones out there that I've run across are super anime themed(and wouldn't fit well with the theme of the mod, IMHO). We had a guy making some for us, but he up and vanished before completing them, so there's not much I can do in that regard.

 

Hope this clears things up for you.

Posted

Thanks for the help with scaling.  The problem wasn't ever a persistent one, but I use amazing follower tweaks and my party of havoc causing youths would get giant when we weren't currently causing said havoc (i.e. when leaning on walls and such).  I just found it weird.

 

 

Aye, we don't have any child voices, and all the ones out there that I've run across are super anime themed(and wouldn't fit well with the theme of the mod, IMHO). We had a guy making some for us, but he up and vanished before completing them, so there's not much I can do in that regard.

Hope this clears things up for you.

 

 

Have you considered using the vanilla child voice sets?  I believe some mods incorporate them.  I think it covers the range from attacking to taking damage.  Of course shouts aren't covered, but I don't think you should sound childish when using ancient badass dragon magic. XD

Posted

Thanks for the help with scaling.  The problem wasn't ever a persistent one, but I use amazing follower tweaks and my party of havoc causing youths would get giant when we weren't currently causing said havoc (i.e. when leaning on walls and such).  I just found it weird.

 

 

Aye, we don't have any child voices, and all the ones out there that I've run across are super anime themed(and wouldn't fit well with the theme of the mod, IMHO). We had a guy making some for us, but he up and vanished before completing them, so there's not much I can do in that regard.

 

Hope this clears things up for you.

 

 

Have you considered using the vanilla child voice sets?  I believe some mods incorporate them.  I think it covers the range from attacking to taking damage.  Of course shouts aren't covered, but I don't think you should sound childish when using ancient badass dragon magic. XD

 

There is a mod plugin that has most of the shouts with a child voice, I like it much better than hearing an adult voice.

Posted

There is a mod plugin that has most of the shouts with a child voice, I like it much better than hearing an adult voice.

Link?
Posted

 

There is a mod plugin that has most of the shouts with a child voice, I like it much better than hearing an adult voice.

Link?

 

 

I think I got it off of the other site that is not available currently.

 

SK-PCEV

 

Needs this to work.

PC Exclusive Voice Path

 

I copied it out of my current game and packaged it up.

Posted

Dear mister En_Hawk, i want to thank you for this wonderfull mod you've created. the first time i saw my pc out off character creation, my jaw dropped. i haven't found any bugs and it's completely compatible with Better Vampires and Moonlight Tales. So thanks again.

 

i just have one request.

 

Are you still planning on creating a patch for the sunken cheeks that your character gets when he becomes a vampire? Because i think my guy's face is a bit too angular at the moment.

 

Other than that, great mod, will rate it (as soon as i figure out how).

Posted

hello hawk. i am still enjoying your mod.

i have a sugestion, though first i wanted to make sure your mod is the 1 that includes the Demon child with the wings and animated tail, as it is the race i have used most since i started useing this mod. as i found something that might be a usefull intigration to this mod, or a great concept depending on how easy it could be implimented.

Posted

hello hawk. i am still enjoying your mod.

i have a sugestion, though first i wanted to make sure your mod is the 1 that includes the Demon child with the wings and animated tail, as it is the race i have used most since i started useing this mod. as i found something that might be a usefull intigration to this mod, or a great concept depending on how easy it could be implimented.

 

Nope, that is RCOTS. Not currently available.

 

Skykids has all the default races as child races.

Posted

sorry to ask because i'm sure its been asked before, i just can't think up a word to search for it and there are a lot of posts...

 

anyway, i'm just wondering if there is some way to fix the aiming reticule issue in third person.  in first person its fine but in third its hard to activate objects since i have to aim a good deal above them with the cursor.

Posted

 

hello hawk. i am still enjoying your mod.

i have a sugestion, though first i wanted to make sure your mod is the 1 that includes the Demon child with the wings and animated tail, as it is the race i have used most since i started useing this mod. as i found something that might be a usefull intigration to this mod, or a great concept depending on how easy it could be implimented.

 

Nope, that is RCOTS. Not currently available.

 

Skykids has all the default races as child races.

 

 

ahh, i see. ty. i suppose you mean that mod is not curently under development? or that that race isnt supported by skykids?

Posted

 

 

hello hawk. i am still enjoying your mod.

i have a sugestion, though first i wanted to make sure your mod is the 1 that includes the Demon child with the wings and animated tail, as it is the race i have used most since i started useing this mod. as i found something that might be a usefull intigration to this mod, or a great concept depending on how easy it could be implimented.

 

Nope, that is RCOTS. Not currently available.

 

Skykids has all the default races as child races.

 

 

ahh, i see. ty. i suppose you mean that mod is not curently under development? or that that race isnt supported by skykids?

 

 

What they meant is that race is not part of SkyKids, it is part of RCOTS which is no longer available on LoversLab.

 

Anyway I had a question - I'm working on a "cuter" replacer for Skykids and I had three questions:

 

1. Is it possible to set up Skykids so each child race uses a different set of textures? Like maybe I want Dunmer to use a different skin and face instead of the same one as Altmer or Nord.

 

2. I can't remember but is Babette able to be set up using this race? I want to make a standalone replacer for her (that's part of skykids) using her own unique textures and eyes.

 

3. Are the head meshes unique/modified Vanilla? Did you make them smaller than the adult or is just the adult ones again? I wanted to replace the heads with the Citrus ones so I can have better quality heads.

Posted

Anyway I had a question - I'm working on a "cuter" replacer for Skykids and I had three questions:

 

1. Is it possible to set up Skykids so each child race uses a different set of textures? Like maybe I want Dunmer to use a different skin and face instead of the same one as Altmer or Nord.

 

2. I can't remember but is Babette able to be set up using this race? I want to make a standalone replacer for her (that's part of skykids) using her own unique textures and eyes.

 

3. Are the head meshes unique/modified Vanilla? Did you make them smaller than the adult or is just the adult ones again? I wanted to replace the heads with the Citrus ones so I can have better quality heads.

1. Yes, but it would require modification of the actual races.

 

2. Yes, the only reason she's absent is because I'm lazy. Texture and eyes could be a bit sketchy to pull off without doing the same thing as for number 1.

 

3. Plain old vanilla head meshes and facegen assets, all of them. I couldn't find anything else really suitable for the job at the time, and nobody wanted to suggest anything, so...

 

You're welcome to make your own derivatives, just make sure not to modify anything in the main skykids master file or any of the base skykids assets. Just clone the races and make the necessary changes there, and be sure to set up new racial compatibility scripts for them as well(I included the script sources for mine with the main mod for reference, they're different than standard scripts). You may have to clone and modify a lot of head parts as well, I have tes5edit scripts setup for that, which I can help you with if need be. Lastly, NPC faces can easily be customized with race menu, to create faces that go far beyond the what the default sliders allow(it's what I used to produce the existing faces for the npc replacer). I guess you can bug me if you need help with any of this...

Posted

Did you install skykids on an existing savegame? Try selecting the npc with the console and running the 'resurrect' command.

Posted

It is on a new fresh game. Well for some reason now it seems to work a lot better after some reinstallation. Frodnar is naked but is working fine with the resurrect command.

But a random child has still a gap betwwen the neck and the body :

 

screen11.jpg

Posted

Yeah, installing onto an existing game leaves the npcs wearing the vanilla child clothes, which don't have ARMA entries for the skykids races(thus they appear naked). Running the resurrect command resets them, including their inventory, thus giving them valid clothing(or whatever was specified in the npc replacer).

 

Not quite sure why theres a neck seam on dagny. If you take her clothes off does it go away? If that fixes it, re-equip her clothes and run 'setnpcweight 0' and see if that fixes it(don't save after doing this, and yes it will cause her face to break, I just want to know for testing purposes if it fixes the problem).

Posted

This tells me that there's some kind of issue with spyder's npc replacer. The head meshes for npcs are 'baked' into a static file when you generate them, with all the npc settings as they were at the time that you created it(including weight). The fact that there's a seam tells me that the npcs weight was changed after the head was generated, hence the seam(weight changes neck size). Running the setnpcweight command causes the head to be dynamically regenerated(which doesn't work properly on npcs, contrary to the name of the command, and as a result looks like crap). The fact that this causes everything to sync back up confirms the issue, more or less.

 

You should probably go tell spyder about the issue in his thread. Do any other npcs have this issue?

Posted

All my npcs I did were made with 0 weight. So if you change the weight of the npc, then you are going to get a neck seam. Alternatively, if you use clothing on them that isn't designed for them or fitted properly to them, you will get a neck seam.

 

Their heads are set to be used on a 0 weight body, the one packaged with SkyKids. If you are using an alternate body as well, that could cause a neck seam issue too. From those pictures, it looks like the kids are wearing the adult versions of those armors instead of the kid versions that come with the patcher. They show up fine in my game with the kid versions, so not sure why they are wearing the adult versions in your game unless you have an armor replacer for your adults that is conflicting with the SkyKids meshes.

Posted

All my npcs I did were made with 0 weight. So if you change the weight of the npc, then you are going to get a neck seam. Alternatively, if you use clothing on them that isn't designed for them or fitted properly to them, you will get a neck seam.

 

Their heads are set to be used on a 0 weight body, the one packaged with SkyKids. If you are using an alternate body as well, that could cause a neck seam issue too. From those pictures, it looks like the kids are wearing the adult versions of those armors instead of the kid versions that come with the patcher. They show up fine in my game with the kid versions, so not sure why they are wearing the adult versions in your game unless you have an armor replacer for your adults that is conflicting with the SkyKids meshes.

Interesting. The skykids girl body has weight slider support that matches the adult body properly on the neck, so converted/unconverted armor shouldn't matter where the neck is concerned. What I was seeing in that fellows images is that there was a neck seem while naked, yet it went away when the setweight command was run. That tells me that the head was baked for a different weight than what is set on the npc(higher weights cause a seam, lower weights cause overlap).

 

Either dagny's weight is buggered up on the npc record(and set to a value >0), or he has something going on in his game that is changing it(external to the setnpcweight command).

 

The male body on the other hand is not compatible with unconverted armors unfortunately, due to using the female head/hands/feet(the adult male ones were far too bulky). That body has no weight slider support at all as far as I know, so everything needs to be kept at 0 weight or the neck will overlap the body(and the seam on unconverted armor will only be made worse).

 

As for the clothes she's wearing, I have no clue off the top of my head if that one is converted or not, but I'd trust sypder's word on the matter. Looks like you have something screwy going on in your game.

 

----

 

I just checked the esp for your npc replacer, spyder; several of the npcs do in fact have weight values set, and that's whats causing the problem(as you baked all the faces for a weight of 0). Here's a list: assur, britte, dagny, dorthe, eirid, frodnar, frothar, joric, little pelaguis, nelkir, sissel, sond, and virkmund. Just go zero everything out and that should fix the issue. I didn't check the dlc plugins, but there's so few npcs in there that I'm sure you can handle it yourself.

Posted

Hmm that's odd then. I could of sworn I used 0 weight for everything. I'll go back over it again and fix it up when I get a minute.

 

I wanted to rework the mod regardless, so maybe I'll do a revamp at the same time. :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...