en_hawk Posted October 28, 2014 Author Posted October 28, 2014 The Patcher fails at validating record lenghts (Step 7/8). I added the entries to BOSS userlist already. Any idea what else could be the problem? I used MO and NMM each to no avail. That means you've got a bad/malformed mod in your load order. Go into the 'other settings' area of the armor patcher(you'll have to pull up the main settings window for the armor patcher first if using SUM), and check the 'enable debug logging' box. Run/rerun the patcher with the force patch box checked, then upload and attach the files '=--Debug Overview--=.txt' and 'trace.log' from the 'Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SkyProcDebug' directory for further assistance.
PanEXE Posted October 29, 2014 Posted October 29, 2014 So when I try using the patcher it says it needs skykids.esm in my load order, which it is. Idk if this matters, but I'm using MO.
en_hawk Posted October 29, 2014 Author Posted October 29, 2014 So when I try using the patcher it says it needs skykids.esm in my load order, which it is. Idk if this matters, but I'm using MO.You need to launch the patcher/sum through MO. I don't use MO so I cant explain how to do it, try looking around for various guides on how to run programs though MO, or check out some of the older pages of this thread as its been explained by others before. The point is it does work, you just have to do some fiddling to get it going.
Kinky Posted October 30, 2014 Posted October 30, 2014 Oh btw, here is compatibility patches for SG Hair Pack 268 Edition and KS Hairdo's for those that use the playable race. Made these cause I was planning on using those two packs this time around. Can't remember if I already posted the SG Hair Pack one though, so here it is again lol. Those are no good my adult races lose those hairstyles if i enable that esp files.
en_hawk Posted October 31, 2014 Author Posted October 31, 2014 Oh btw, here is compatibility patches for SG Hair Pack 268 Edition and KS Hairdo's for those that use the playable race. Made these cause I was planning on using those two packs this time around. Can't remember if I already posted the SG Hair Pack one though, so here it is again lol. Those are no good my adult races lose those hairstyles if i enable that esp files. If you read the OP, you would have known that that was going to happen. And they don't lose the styles, they just lose the ability to select them; toggle the patch off if you want to create an adult character. Any hair that you've applied will still stick on any adult or child characters regardless of the patch being on/off.
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 31, 2014 Posted October 31, 2014 Oh btw, here is compatibility patches for SG Hair Pack 268 Edition and KS Hairdo's for those that use the playable race. Made these cause I was planning on using those two packs this time around. Can't remember if I already posted the SG Hair Pack one though, so here it is again lol. Those are no good my adult races lose those hairstyles if i enable that esp files. Like en_hawk said. RTFM (my new favorite word lol). The patches are designed to be used only if you are actually playing a child character. The npc children will wear the hair, regardless of having a patch or not. But if you wish to use those hairs on your own playable child, then you need the patch. But if you're not going to play a child, then you need to disable the patches. The patches are only provided for those who are actually using the playable child races. You don't need them otherwise.
RicochetX Posted November 1, 2014 Posted November 1, 2014 Just popping on to thank you for the hard work. I really appreciate the NMM loader (it may suck, but it's easy for me to understand) My kludgy installs last time kept me from using ENB, Havok or the XP32 skeleton without crashing everything. Since I wanted to try a young argonian assasin this time, I gave Skykids a shot. Installed beautifully. BOSS was a pain and a half in the ass, but once I got SUM running, the armor patcher was a huge timesaver: All the missing master warnings from SkyProc allowed me to fix the load order in NMM; by the time the patcher successfully completed, Skyim loaded without a single crash. Got everything installed (and more) in a quarter of the time it took me last time. Now it's time for my hatchling to slit some throats!
VizierMakal Posted November 3, 2014 Posted November 3, 2014 are you planning on adding boy/girl voices? There seems to be an adult male voice for both. Otherwise the mod is just about perfect
en_hawk Posted November 3, 2014 Author Posted November 3, 2014 Just popping on to thank you for the hard work. I really appreciate the NMM loader (it may suck, but it's easy for me to understand) My kludgy installs last time kept me from using ENB, Havok or the XP32 skeleton without crashing everything. Since I wanted to try a young argonian assasin this time, I gave Skykids a shot. Installed beautifully. BOSS was a pain and a half in the ass, but once I got SUM running, the armor patcher was a huge timesaver: All the missing master warnings from SkyProc allowed me to fix the load order in NMM; by the time the patcher successfully completed, Skyim loaded without a single crash. Got everything installed (and more) in a quarter of the time it took me last time. Now it's time for my hatchling to slit some throats! Glad you're enjoying the mod. are you planning on adding boy/girl voices? There seems to be an adult male voice for both. Otherwise the mod is just about perfectUnfortunately I cant do/rework voices, and the only ones out there are super anime themed and not really appropriate for the mod. We had someone about a year ago who said he would make voices for us, but then he just up and disappeared, so... No voices for now, unless someone is generous enough to make them for us.
gvman3670 Posted November 4, 2014 Posted November 4, 2014 I restored my PC a while back and had to reinstall Skyrim. So recently I downloaded the newest version of this and I must say it's become a lot easier to install. Fewer files and less fiddling to get things going. And it worked great with MO. Great job there, guys. This mod is nearly perfect now. On the voices, if I wasn't a rather deep voiced male I'd help, but unless you want kids sounding like lumberjacks and bouncers I don't think I'm the guy for the job.
en_hawk Posted November 4, 2014 Author Posted November 4, 2014 I restored my PC a while back and had to reinstall Skyrim. So recently I downloaded the newest version of this and I must say it's become a lot easier to install. Fewer files and less fiddling to get things going. And it worked great with MO. Great job there, guys. This mod is nearly perfect now. On the voices, if I wasn't a rather deep voiced male I'd help, but unless you want kids sounding like lumberjacks and bouncers I don't think I'm the guy for the job. Glad everything is working for you. Aside from a few upgrades to the armor swapper that I want to do(and the voices obviously), there really isn't that much left to do.
Cerberus Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 umm when i use SKArmorPatcher I get the message that the sk drow race.esm is missing some masters: Skykids.esm I don't get it. how can it be missing if its installed. Looking at boss log my skykids.esm is loading before drow and monli. I don't think thats right is it? I have tried to reordered it . but boss changes it back . drows been giving me a lot of issues. Help?
en_hawk Posted November 8, 2014 Author Posted November 8, 2014 umm when i use SKArmorPatcher I get the message that the sk drow race.esm is missing some masters: Skykids.esm I don't get it. how can it be missing if its installed. Looking at boss log my skykids.esm is loading before drow and monli. I don't think thats right is it? I have tried to reordered it . but boss changes it back . drows been giving me a lot of issues. Help? Did you install the userlist entries? Are you using MO? Are you using SUM?
husain Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 I can't seem to get the patcher to realize 90% of my mods. It picks up Tera armors but not vanilla skyrim... it also picks up skymills which I really don't understand why... Using Mod Organizer if that matters. I have tried using MOs built in LOOT and a standalone LOOT install. Neither made a difference. I have also tried running SUM and the patcher on its own. TL;DR Patcher picks up TERA armors but not vanilla.
en_hawk Posted November 8, 2014 Author Posted November 8, 2014 I can't seem to get the patcher to realize 90% of my mods. It picks up Tera armors but not vanilla skyrim... it also picks up skymills which I really don't understand why... Using Mod Organizer if that matters. I have tried using MOs built in LOOT and a standalone LOOT install. Neither made a difference. I have also tried running SUM and the patcher on its own. TL;DR Patcher picks up TERA armors but not vanilla. Are you running the patcher trough MO?
gvman3670 Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 I can't seem to get the patcher to realize 90% of my mods. It picks up Tera armors but not vanilla skyrim... it also picks up skymills which I really don't understand why... Using Mod Organizer if that matters. I have tried using MOs built in LOOT and a standalone LOOT install. Neither made a difference. I have also tried running SUM and the patcher on its own. TL;DR Patcher picks up TERA armors but not vanilla. Of course the patcher has to be run as an executable inside MO. You probably did, but it's worth mentioning in case you had a brain fart or something. You need armors above the "SK Child Armor Swapper.esp" patcher in MO's right pane (the plugin load order pane). Anything below it won't be converted. So I disregard LOOT's placement of the Armor Swapper and move it nearly to the bottom of my load order. Every single armor I've added now gets processed and swapped.
husain Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 I can't seem to get the patcher to realize 90% of my mods. It picks up Tera armors but not vanilla skyrim... it also picks up skymills which I really don't understand why... Using Mod Organizer if that matters. I have tried using MOs built in LOOT and a standalone LOOT install. Neither made a difference. I have also tried running SUM and the patcher on its own. TL;DR Patcher picks up TERA armors but not vanilla. Of course the patcher has to be run as an executable inside MO. You probably did, but it's worth mentioning in case you had a brain fart or something. You need armors above the "SK Child Armor Swapper.esp" patcher in MO's right pane (the plugin load order pane). Anything below it won't be converted. So I disregard LOOT's placement of the Armor Swapper and move it nearly to the bottom of my load order. Every single armor I've added now gets processed and swapped. Ah I didn't know the armor swapper had to be below stuff. Everytime I try that it seems that something inbetween where its at now and where I want it to be is a dependency. I'll keep fiddling with it and see if I can get it working. And yes I ran SUM and the patcher through MO.
en_hawk Posted November 8, 2014 Author Posted November 8, 2014 Ah I didn't know the armor swapper had to be below stuff. Everytime I try that it seems that something inbetween where its at now and where I want it to be is a dependency. I'll keep fiddling with it and see if I can get it working. And yes I ran SUM and the patcher through MO. Very first FAQ entry in the OP. Make sure your load order manager is configured properly. Try reading/fixing that, then delete the existing armor patch plugin and try running it again(through MO).
husain Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 Alright this is really weird. For some reason my game is really inconsistent about crashing. If I don't change anything in my load order or my mods and just hit run it will start up 50% of the time. If I use LOOTs load order its fine but if I change the placement of the armor swapper esp then it will randomly CTD on the opening to the main menu.
husain Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 Ah I didn't know the armor swapper had to be below stuff. Everytime I try that it seems that something inbetween where its at now and where I want it to be is a dependency. I'll keep fiddling with it and see if I can get it working. And yes I ran SUM and the patcher through MO. Very first FAQ entry in the OP. Make sure your load order manager is configured properly. Try reading/fixing that, then delete the existing armor patch plugin and try running it again(through MO). Alright I'll try that. Edit: I'm using loot, he said that loot should work fine without doing anything.
en_hawk Posted November 8, 2014 Author Posted November 8, 2014 Ugh, I dislike LOOT for this very reason. Delete the existing armor patcher esp, rerun the patcher(through MO), move it to the bottom of the load order, then rerun the armor patcher/SUM again but with the 'force patch' option checked. Make sure its still at the bottom of your load order and see what that does. If all that doesn't work, my only suggestion is to go back to BOSS, as I'm out of ideas.
johann7124 Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 I put in a condition in LOOT to load the armor patcher after Alternate Start. That keeps it at the bottom of the list for me.
husain Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 Ugh, I dislike LOOT for this very reason. Delete the existing armor patcher esp, rerun the patcher(through MO), move it to the bottom of the load order, then rerun the armor patcher/SUM again but with the 'force patch' option checked. Make sure its still at the bottom of your load order and see what that does. If all that doesn't work, my only suggestion is to go back to BOSS, as I'm out of ideas. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!
en_hawk Posted November 8, 2014 Author Posted November 8, 2014 I put in a condition in LOOT to load the armor patcher after Alternate Start. That keeps it at the bottom of the list for me. You want to put directions up on how to do this for everyone out there using LOOT? Or better yet, a way to make it sort to the bottom regardless of having alternate start(like the 'dynamic patches' group in BOSS)? I've used LOOT for all of 30 seconds before deciding I didn't like it, so I have no clue how to set this up(nor the desire to learn, really).
johann7124 Posted November 8, 2014 Posted November 8, 2014 Open: LOOT Click: Edit Metadata Select: SK Child Armor Swapper.esp Select: Load After Tab Click: Add Plugin Type: Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Click: Ok Click: Save Changes Click: Sort Plugins Or Changing the priority in the Metadata Editor to 990000 should also do it. That will give it the exact same priortiy as the LAL plugin.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now