Spyder Arachnid Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 Yeah I'm setting up everything now to start on a rework of my mod, fix some issues and things. Â Â On a side note though, I've been playing with BodySlide recently and having a blast with it. Converting armors to fit my body shape and all. Which got me thinking..... Â Â Have you ever considered making a BodySlide compatible body for SkyKids? This way, all those armors that people like and things they can convert via BodySlide to fit the SkyKids body easily. No more being stuck wearing adult sized armors on a child, when you can convert it in BodySlide to fit the child body and avoid things like big breasts and adult proportions. Â Cause currently the SkyKids body is set for UNP equivalent body types. So only UNP stuff works on them. So instead, make a CBBE based version that uses BodySlide, so people can start converting their own armors that they like for the child body. As an optional thing of course, not part of the main mod. Â I don't know, just an idea since I've been playing with BodySlide lately.
en_hawk Posted October 24, 2014 Author Posted October 24, 2014 Already have a cbbe version with an identical mesh(uv map wizardry) and texture(texture baking), but I have no clue how to work bodyslide from a content creator standpoint. Though why couldn't I just make a setting for the unp body at that point?
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 True, I forgot there was a UNP BodySlide. Been using the CBBE one myself, so not familiar with the UNP version. Â Just figured it would be an easier direction for those who want their custom armors to work on the SkyKids body, without having to whip out Blender/3DSMax and learn modeling from scratch lol.
en_hawk Posted October 24, 2014 Author Posted October 24, 2014 I literally have no idea how to work it, from a development standpoint, so...
johann7124 Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 I have used the CBBE version to give myself a fairly close aproximation to the UNP body, but I would have no clue how to use it for a Skykid body.
en_hawk Posted October 24, 2014 Author Posted October 24, 2014 I have used the CBBE version to give myself a fairly close aproximation to the UNP body, but I would have no clue how to use it for a Skykid body.I made a version of the model with the cbbe uv map, and texture baked the unp textures across as well. If someone really wants to use the cbbe uv map for some reason, they could. Though I'd advise against it, really.
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 By the way en_hawk, here is a list of what sliders don't work with RaceMenu and SkyKids. Like I said, it's a lot.  This is my load order btw, so you can see what I'm using when I checked this (seriously bare bones).  Load Order:   Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmDawnguard.esmHearthFires.esmDragonborn.esmRaceCompatibility.esmSGHairPackBase.esmSkykids.esmRaceMenu.espKS Hairdo's.espSK KS Hairdo's.espSGHairPackAIO.espSK SGHairPackAIO.espSK Child Armor Swapper.esp    Sliders that don't work for SkyKids:   Face Nose Area Depth Nose Sellion Width Nose Sellion Width (2) Nose Sellion Depth Nose Sellion Height Nose Tilt Cheek Shape Jaw Shape Nose Bridge Nose Width Nose Bridge Depth Nose Tip Slope Nose Tip Width Nose Bridge Width Nose Depth Nose Length 2 Nose Height 2 Nose Type 2 Jaw Depth Jaw Height 2 Jaw Width 2 Cheekfront Width Cheekback Width Cheekbone Width 2 Cheekbone Height 2 Face Height Elf Ear Face Weight Age  Eyes Eyelid Open Eye Angle Eye Depth 2 Eye Spread Eye Height 2 Eyelash Length Iris Height Iris Spread Iris Size Eye Tilt Lower Eyelid Height Upper Eyelid Height Eyelid Height Eye Size Eye Type Eye Size 2  Brow Brow Angle Brow Depth Brow Width Brow Height 2 Brow Arch Brow Slope  Mouth Mouth Depth Mouth Corner Height Mouth Corner Depth Mouth Smile Mouth Width 2 Lip Thickness Mouth Height 2 Lower Lip Height Upper Lip Height Lip Height Mouth Width Lip Pout Chin Angle Height Chin Jut Depth Chin Depth Chin Length 2 Chin Width 2 Mouth Type 2    Like I said, pretty much 80% of the sliders don't work for SkyKids. Just the vanilla ones that come with Skyrim work. I was making a Male Nord Child when I tested this, but I remember having the same issue before when making a Female Nord Child as well.   On a side note, I've been tweaking the male texture to try to fix all those ugly seams that I left in my old edit. It's coming along pretty decently, so I'll have a new version up soon for you. It uses the Alternative Male Body though, not the new one. Though I just can't seem to fix those feet lol.
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 Just thought I'd give you an update on the slider issue. Â I talked to expired, the author of RaceMenu, and this is what they had to say about it: Â Â My guess is incompatible tri files? RM should attempt to detect similar tri files and extend the functionality to them, but if they are just not compatible it likely won't do anything, or would only work for a few parts. You would have to check the chargen log and look for instances where it failed to match tri files. I believe they used the female morphs for both male and female, this is probably why nothing works, assuming you are using a male child. The only way to make them work would be to make your own morphs.ini file to extend the child tri files explicitly rather than relying on auto-detection. Â Completely over my head, but maybe you'll understand what they mean and it will help getting SkyKids to work with the extra sliders provided with RaceMenu. Â Here's a copy of my chargen report, not sure if it helps or not, but here it is any ways.
en_hawk Posted October 24, 2014 Author Posted October 24, 2014 Just thought I'd give you an update on the slider issue.  I talked to expired, the author of RaceMenu, and this is what they had to say about it:   My guess is incompatible tri files? RM should attempt to detect similar tri files and extend the functionality to them, but if they are just not compatible it likely won't do anything, or would only work for a few parts. You would have to check the chargen log and look for instances where it failed to match tri files. I believe they used the female morphs for both male and female, this is probably why nothing works, assuming you are using a male child. The only way to make them work would be to make your own morphs.ini file to extend the child tri files explicitly rather than relying on auto-detection. Completely over my head, but maybe you'll understand what they mean and it will help getting SkyKids to work with the extra sliders provided with RaceMenu.  Here's a copy of my chargen report, not sure if it helps or not, but here it is any ways.  I don't know what to tell you, it should be working for the females. At least its working on my end. The males on the other hand might actually not work without the explicit definitions now that I think about it. I'll probably need to look into fixing that at some point, as we do use the female heads for the males.
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 Might explain it then, cause I was making a male not a female. Â Though I remember some sliders not working for females either, but it wasn't a lot. Not like it is with the males. But it was still workable regardless. I'll test it out on a female and see how it goes since the male gave me issues. Â I have no idea about all that morph stuff or definitions and things, so I'll leave it to you lol. I just make faces. Â Â EDIT: Yeah just tried it with a female nord child, and all the sliders work just fine. It's just the males that have issues. I'll hold off on working on something till you can fix that, no rush though. But I will go ahead and fix my replacer at least. The weight issues.
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 Oh btw, here is compatibility patches for SG Hair Pack 268 Edition and KS Hairdo's for those that use the playable race. Made these cause I was planning on using those two packs this time around. Can't remember if I already posted the SG Hair Pack one though, so here it is again lol. Â Â EDIT: As well, here is the male textures I was working on. I used the Alternate Male Body for these, and it works really well with these textures. Not sure how they will look on the regular body, as I didn't try. SK SGHairPackAIO.esp SK KS Hairdo's.esp SkyKids - Alternative Male Body Textures.rar
en_hawk Posted October 24, 2014 Author Posted October 24, 2014 The uv map is completely different(sos male vs unp female) between the old and new male bodies, so unfortunately there is no crossover. Good to have the resource though.
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 Ah okay. Well that explains a lot actually. Â Was wondering why I was having so many issues trying to get different male textures to work on the new body, when it is UNP designed. I've been working off textures designed for regular male bodies. Â Now I might try to find some UNP textures that I can work with to make them more... manly? lol
en_hawk Posted October 24, 2014 Author Posted October 24, 2014 Er, other way around. The new body is based on the sos male uv map, the old one is based on a female unp body.
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 24, 2014 Posted October 24, 2014 Oh.... weird. Â Those textures seem to work just fine on the old model then that is based off UNP bodies. Though the textures I worked with were based off a regular male body. So odd that they didn't work well on the new model, but work just fine on the old one. Â Eh, too confusing for my brain. It works is all I know. lol
johnny2by4 Posted October 26, 2014 Posted October 26, 2014 somewhat off topic, but is there any way to change the order which SUM builds reproc patches? it wants to build ASIS patch after the armor patch for this mod.
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 26, 2014 Posted October 26, 2014 somewhat off topic, but is there any way to change the order which SUM builds reproc patches? it wants to build ASIS patch after the armor patch for this mod.  Skyproc patches based off your load order. Whatever your load order is, that is the order it will patch in.  If you have unrecognized mods, or mods that are not sorted, they will not be added to your patch and will load after your patch. If you're using BOSS, you need to manually add your unrecognized mods to your userlist in BOSS so the patcher will recognize them. If using LOOT, then LOOT is sorting ASIS after the armor patcher. You'll have to set special rules for it in the LOOT interface so it loads after (I have no idea how to do this, as it never worked for me).
PanEXE Posted October 26, 2014 Posted October 26, 2014 So I just installed the mod, and all of the children are in underwear. Â Which is strange because 1. obviously, where are their clothes 2. aren't they supposed to be nude?
johann7124 Posted October 26, 2014 Posted October 26, 2014 So I just installed the mod, and all of the children are in underwear. Â Which is strange because 1. obviously, where are their clothes 2. aren't they supposed to be nude? Â That means you have not run the SKArmorPatcher yet, it will be located in the ~\skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher folder.
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 26, 2014 Posted October 26, 2014 So I just installed the mod, and all of the children are in underwear. Â Which is strange because 1. obviously, where are their clothes 2. aren't they supposed to be nude? Â 1. Like Johann said. You didn't run the patcher (always a good idea to RTFM before installing something...) Â 2. No, they shouldn't be nude. This mod does not contain nudity and doesn't support child nudity either. Maybe you should read the rules of this site (specifically rule 13). You know, the ones you agreed to when you signed up here....
Spyder Arachnid Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 the armor swapper file isnt recognized  That's fine if it's not recognized. It has to sit at the bottom of your load order any ways, so being unrecognized puts it at the bottom regardless. As long as you have it checked (activated) in your mod manager (NMM or MO), then it is fine being down there unrecognized. It's where it needs to be any ways.  And if you're using BOSS (not LOOT), then maybe you should RTFM. Quote from the install instructions on the main page (you know, the stuff you're supposed to read before installing mods):    BOSS Userlist entries: <-- THIS PART IS NOT OPTIONAL!!(unless you're using LOOT) Don't go asking for help in the thread unless you've done this. LOOT Users: Everything should work out of the box, just make sure to run LOOT before running the armor patcher/SUM, and make sure the patcher esp is at the bottom of your load order. This has entries for everything, so BOSS will complain about having user rules for files that don't exist unless you install every possible option; just ignore it, it isn't hurting anything. Some of the files have been added to the official BOSS masterlist since the initial release, however they messed up the order so you need to make sure to have these overrides in here or you will likely end up with missing masters due to load order. These have been updated for the new content, so be sure to clean out any old userlist entries(if present) before adding these('Skykids.esm' is intentionally absent). OVERRIDE: SK Drow Child Race.esmAFTER: Skykids.esm  OVERRIDE: SK Monli Race.esm AFTER: Skykids.esm  ADD: monli preset1.esp BOTTOM: Overrides  ADD: monli preset2.esp BOTTOM: Overrides  ADD: monli preset3.esp BOTTOM: Overrides  ADD: SK Lolydia.esp BOTTOM: Companions  ADD: SK Drow Taldyn.esp BOTTOM: Companions  ADD: SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp BOTTOM: Overrides  ADD: SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp BOTTOM: Overrides  ADD: SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp BOTTOM: Overrides  ADD: SK Child Armor Swapper.esp BOTTOM: Dynamic Plugins Â
Lifty Posted October 27, 2014 Posted October 27, 2014 The Patcher fails at validating record lenghts (Step 7/8).I added the entries to BOSS userlist already. Any idea what else could be the problem? I used MO and NMM each to no avail.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now