Jump to content

[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I dont understand what everyone's problem is with just dropping everything they want for SK into one, or several SK/Data/ folders, and zipping them up, and installing through MO. I would assume that this is simply what en_ is meaning, but for the use of the words set it up as a package, rather than put it all in a folder and zip it. In any case, this is exactly what i did, only i have an archive for the core files, one for the NPC replacers, and a third one for my extras, so that unless several esp's get updated, i can just replace, say, the NPC replacer files and not have to rebuild the whole install folder. in any case, its pretty easy, and i havent had any problems so far that weren't caused my me or my LO.

 

Best Regards,

arr0w

Posted

Ah, thank you. I assumed there was something more at play when it said it was not NMM compatible. You can do the same thing in NMM. 

 

And no, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be stuck with the vanilla faces. I must have misunderstood.

Posted

You claim that this BOSS mod is required to use this.

However the link you give claims that mod no longer exists.

 

...

 

What do I need to do now?

Nexus seems to be having some trouble keeping their shit together at the moment. Try here instead: http://boss-developers.github.io/.
Posted

Will normal UNP textures work with the girl's body? Mostly I just want to swap out a different khajiit texture for the girls.

Posted

Will normal UNP textures work with the girl's body? Mostly I just want to swap out a different khajiit texture for the girls.

Yes, the bodies are UV compatible with UNP, however you will have shading/shadow issues if you run adult textures, due to the lack of breasts.
Posted

I need advice I have run Sums and I keep getting an error that says the blazesEditSetingMenu.esp is missing. I think this is why my game crashes when I scroll over the child race in character generation. However I checked and it is in the load order is there a place it is suppose to be above or below? or can I skip this when running sums?

Posted

I need advice I have run Sums and I keep getting an error that says the blazesEditSetingMenu.esp is missing. I think this is why my game crashes when I scroll over the child race in character generation. However I checked and it is in the load order is there a place it is suppose to be above or below? or can I skip this when running sums?

Uhhh... Where exactly are you getting this error? I guess post your debug log 'skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SkyProcDebug\=--Debug Overview--=.txt'.
Posted

Here is a height comparison between my character and other children.

post-14973-0-04147300-1395878695_thumb.jpg

post-14973-0-79228400-1395878714_thumb.jpg

Now, I know that children will occasionally increase in size temporarily in order to use certain things, like the cooking pot, without clipping,

but the problem is that they do not seem to be changing back to normal.

Posted

Well, I know RCoTS and some mods use different sizes for many of the kids in the Orphanage for lore reasons (some of the kids are older than others)

so maybe Skykids does as well? 

 

As for the issue of them growing and not switching back, there are mods around that makes kids not stretch and grow in size when using objects in the world.  I was using this for a bit and it was working alright: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41304/?

Posted

Well, I know RCoTS and some mods use different sizes for many of the kids in the Orphanage for lore reasons (some of the kids are older than others)

so maybe Skykids does as well? 

 

As for the issue of them growing and not switching back, there are mods around that makes kids not stretch and grow in size when using objects in the world.  I was using this for a bit and it was working alright: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41304/?

For reference, all the kids are the same size presently.

 

Here is a height comparison between my character and other children.

attachicon.gifScreenShot24.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenShot25.jpg

Now, I know that children will occasionally increase in size temporarily in order to use certain things, like the cooking pot, without clipping,

but the problem is that they do not seem to be changing back to normal.

I've heard good things about the above mod, I'd suggest you give that a try and see if it does it for you. I have no idea what could be causing the issue in your game, but its not something I've set up on my end.
Posted

So what is the plan for argonians? Unless the screenshots on the front page are out of date, the heads seem too big. Personally, I think it would be good to have a different set of head features for them, as the crests and such seem like secondary sexual characteristics that would not be present in children.

Posted

So what is the plan for argonians? Unless the screenshots on the front page are out of date, the heads seem too big. Personally, I think it would be good to have a different set of head features for them, as the crests and such seem like secondary sexual characteristics that would not be present in children.

The beast race head sizes have been reduced since those screenshots were taken(in the very first hotfix even). I've been meaning to get some new more up to date ones for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it.

 

As for the head features, while that sounds like a neat idea, I don't really have the necessary skills(or creativity for that matter) to pull something like that off.

Posted

Well, I know RCoTS and some mods use different sizes for many of the kids in the Orphanage for lore reasons (some of the kids are older than others)

so maybe Skykids does as well? 

 

As for the issue of them growing and not switching back, there are mods around that makes kids not stretch and grow in size when using objects in the world.  I was using this for a bit and it was working alright: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41304/?

It seems like a good preventative measure, but Aventus and Hroar are already giant size (for some reason, Runa changed back, though).  Is there a way to fix those 2?

Posted

 

Well, I know RCoTS and some mods use different sizes for many of the kids in the Orphanage for lore reasons (some of the kids are older than others)

so maybe Skykids does as well? 

 

As for the issue of them growing and not switching back, there are mods around that makes kids not stretch and grow in size when using objects in the world.  I was using this for a bit and it was working alright: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41304/?

It seems like a good preventative measure, but Aventus and Hroar are already giant size (for some reason, Runa changed back, though).  Is there a way to fix those 2?

 

Select them in the console and 'setscale 1'.
Posted

So for some reason, the armor patcher has stopped working for me - I run it through SUM, so the process will run BOSS successfully, then say "Running SK Child Armor Swapper". Then it closes on its own (I don't think it's crashing) without actually updating the patch. Has there been an update I missed, or is this more likely a problem on my end?

 

EDIT: It seems that the patcher just doesn't recognized some ESPs as armor mods, and so doesn't add them to the patch (currently having problems with the Common Clothes mod, among others). Is there a way to manually add them to the patch, or somehow flag them so the patcher recognizes them?

Link me a download for the mod in question, and post your debug logs.
Posted

 

 

So for some reason, the armor patcher has stopped working for me - I run it through SUM, so the process will run BOSS successfully, then say "Running SK Child Armor Swapper". Then it closes on its own (I don't think it's crashing) without actually updating the patch. Has there been an update I missed, or is this more likely a problem on my end?

 

EDIT: It seems that the patcher just doesn't recognized some ESPs as armor mods, and so doesn't add them to the patch (currently having problems with the Common Clothes mod, among others). Is there a way to manually add them to the patch, or somehow flag them so the patcher recognizes them?

Link me a download for the mod in question, and post your debug logs.

 

 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51813/?

 

This one as well: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50459/?

 

and here's the debug: http://pastebin.com/vBXCkr5C

 

So after some experimenting on my own, it seems like the common thread is that BOSS doesn't have mods in the masterlist, so it automatically moves the ESPs below the Armor Swapper ESP. from the debug file:

 

" [iMPORT MODS]  Skipping the remaining mods as they were after the patch."

 

Is there any way to stop BOSS from doing that? Because it seems like that might fix things.

 

That's your problem. As stated in the OP, you need to edit the BOSS userlist(either by hand or with one of the userlist managers) to place the mods in question into the appropriate groups(or any group at all). Really, if you'd read the FAQ in the OP you could have found the solution to this on your own, it even explains how to fix this...

 

In SUM's options you can uncheck the box to run BOSS, that's what I do. But I have a small mod list so its easy for me to keep things in order.

Yes, however by not running BOSS you are choosing to opt out of receiving support from me in the thread.
Posted

By the way, are essential tags for certain children removed or at least turned to protected during certain quests?  For example, I found that, ironically, some children count as viable victims for the Deceiving the Herd quest http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Deceiving_the_Herd, such as Adara.

They appear to be non-essential at the moment, its just something I never got around to fixing after I dropped the child flag from the races...
Posted

Well I've been trying to use the armor patcher. Got my mods sorted and crap so boss puts them in the right place. However at the end it says There was error exporting the custom patch. (Record Lengths are off.) Please contact author.

 

 

SkyProcDebug.7z

Posted

Well I've been trying to use the armor patcher. Got my mods sorted and crap so boss puts them in the right place. However at the end it says There was error exporting the custom patch. (Record Lengths are off.) Please contact author.

The debug info is slightly confusing on this one so this is a bit of a guess, try disabling AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp and rerunning the patcher.
Posted

I got it working! Turns out some armor mod broke it and I couldn't get the broken armor fixed in the CK. Guess I'll chalk it up as another one that I need to remake. On a better note I've gotten most of the work done on a child version of my siamese Khajiit from ESO. Except this one is a blue point. And adorable. I'm not sure what class she out to be - her inspiration is/was a Nightblade. So maybe little Sadah will be one.

 

Now to finish tweaking her, get an armor set made for her, and get her into a standalone follower.

 

Got any tips on why a lot of mod armor won't show on her? I'm just trying to figure out what pieces I like for her adorable armor.

Posted

I have 2 problems right know.

first one ; I patched with skyprocc, i do have a SK Child Armor swapper esp, but my char is in underwear. i cant wear armor.

 

second problem; when jumping the char is "stuck" in the falling animation sometimes.

 

Someone got a clue how to fix these problems?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...