ChipyChops Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 Looks interesting, but I'm not really into the adoption stuff, I'm just making lots of little kids to kill. The odd thing is they all look like my ex-girlfriends at the moment. haha what the? actually i dont want to know... I was hoping there was a mod like the "hostile children" mod over at the *children of the sky* mod, it adds random children to the spawn list so you could find children bandits and such. I LOVED the idea but *children of the sky* is STUPIDLY buggy and unmodifiable so that why i came back to using this mod. I mean't in looks, not in build. So now you know. I tried RCOTS but that didn't play nice with the adult characters.
ChipyChops Posted January 30, 2014 Posted January 30, 2014 You can adopt up to 6 kids with this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29249/ Thank's very much! There also a lovely mod that goes hand in hand "http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41132". there's 2 mods there 1 makes all orphans girls the other boys. I haven't actually looked but there's like a 99% chance that's going to un-SK the kids it touches, just FYI. Looks interesting, but I'm not really into the adoption stuff, I'm just making lots of little kids to kill. The odd thing is they all look like my ex-girlfriends at the moment. haha what the? actually i dont want to know... I was hoping there was a mod like the "hostile children" mod over at the *children of the sky* mod, it adds random children to the spawn list so you could find children bandits and such. I LOVED the idea but *children of the sky* is STUPIDLY buggy and unmodifiable so that why i came back to using this mod. I've started on the basic underlying framework for the teens. This part, though fairly ugly and involved, will be done well before the assets to back it up (like meshed armors) are. Not sure what 'hawk wants to do about that just yet. I'll be honest and say I know nothing at all about adding spawns to leveled lists. If there's enough interest there's no reason it couldn't be done. I'm sure there'll be an interest in leveled lists later. I tried some of the armors that were patched and they made the characters look like a teens, in that their bodies were a bit more shapely. Is there a way to change this? So they have their little matchstick bodies.
User13 Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Oh, another little issue while I'm thinkin about it. Not sure what mod is causing this, but I've got an issue with Breezehome. I've purchased it, including all the upgrades. When I bought the children's bedroom I did notice that instead of an actual price, it had [...] as a price. Go to Breezehome, no bedroom. I couldn't fuss with it at that moment, so I've come back to it later. Talked to Proventus again. [...] for child bedroom. Paid the money (took 250). Back to Breezehome. Just cobwebs in that alcove. Any ideas? I had this same problem, I don't think it has anything to do with SK. Try fast traveling out of whiterun, then fast travel back or resurrecting Proventus, then buying it again. Seemed to work for me. Proventus is gone to wherever guys on the losing side go when their cities are overrun. The new steward still offering child bedroom for [...] gold. Could Ashen Followers be interfering somehow? I'd change the load order of that (it loads last) but if I do then Baby G's (Gareth likes it when I call him Baby G) hair gets all funky. He's very particular about his hair. Edit - Just an update. I've just purchased Hjerim in Windhelm. Same thing. Child's bedroom offered for [...] (bastage got 1250 from me this time) but nothing there when I arrive at the house to check it out.
panthercom Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 After using this mod for quite a while (I'm at Level 41) I find myself wishing for a more muscular/athletic body for my girl. Nothing gross, just a bit of a sixpack and some biceps at a minimum. The kind of thing you would expect to see on a character with an archery skill of 80 and a one-handed of 85 (dual wielder too). When I played as an adult I would start with a normal body, and swap bodies to more and more muscular variants as my character's skills improved until I would stop with the Battle Hardened Body mod. I wonder what would happen if I installed THAT on my kid It doesn't add any breasts, only muscles...
JerWA Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 I'm sure there'll be an interest in leveled lists later. I tried some of the armors that were patched and they made the characters look like a teens, in that their bodies were a bit more shapely. Is there a way to change this? So they have their little matchstick bodies. Any armor where a child mesh exists will load that mesh, otherwise it will load whatever mesh is default. So if you're looking at custom armors they will never be child meshed from the original mod. If you're looking at vanilla armors they should all be child meshed. Proventus is gone to wherever guys on the losing side go when their cities are overrun. The new steward still offering child bedroom for [...] gold. Could Ashen Followers be interfering somehow? I'd change the load order of that (it loads last) but if I do then Baby G's (Gareth likes it when I call him Baby G) hair gets all funky. He's very particular about his hair. Edit - Just an update. I've just purchased Hjerim in Windhelm. Same thing. Child's bedroom offered for [...] (bastage got 1250 from me this time) but nothing there when I arrive at the house to check it out. Almost certainly not this mod. I was able to buy the house in Whiterun and add the childs room file, and subsequently adopt. After using this mod for quite a while (I'm at Level 41) I find myself wishing for a more muscular/athletic body for my girl. Nothing gross, just a bit of a sixpack and some biceps at a minimum. The kind of thing you would expect to see on a character with an archery skill of 80 and a one-handed of 85 (dual wielder too). When I played as an adult I would start with a normal body, and swap bodies to more and more muscular variants as my character's skills improved until I would stop with the Battle Hardened Body mod. I wonder what would happen if I installed THAT on my kid It doesn't add any breasts, only muscles... It would do horrible things because it's not at all meant to go on this body. The muscles are really just shading on top of the base texture, and what you'd end up with is shading not meant for this body OR this texture. You can try it, it's just going to be a DDS file or two. Just replace them from the original SK archive once they look crazy in your game.
User13 Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Proventus is gone to wherever guys on the losing side go when their cities are overrun. The new steward still offering child bedroom for [...] gold. Could Ashen Followers be interfering somehow? I'd change the load order of that (it loads last) but if I do then Baby G's (Gareth likes it when I call him Baby G) hair gets all funky. He's very particular about his hair. Edit - Just an update. I've just purchased Hjerim in Windhelm. Same thing. Child's bedroom offered for [...] (bastage got 1250 from me this time) but nothing there when I arrive at the house to check it out. Almost certainly not this mod. I was able to buy the house in Whiterun and add the childs room file, and subsequently adopt. Not sure what else it would be. I have UFO. That's about the only other thing I can think of which would affect something (and I only say that cuz it's tangentially tied to followers of which I sorta count kids as). Ok, that maybe didn't even make sense. FYI, I have adopted the 2 AF kids from Solitude. They are living in one of my HF homes. There's supposedly a similar bug that's supposed to be fixed with the Unofficial HF patch, which I have, but obviously that's not helping.
User13 Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 So, I know the probably isn't the place for it, but I wanted to share a little experience I just had. We're walking down the road SW of Karthwasten. You know, minding our own business, just me and Baby G, taking a moonlight stroll. When all of a sudden we come across a dead wolf in the middle of the road. Nothing else around, just dead wolf and blood. So we shrug and move on down the road. A couple of minutes later we start to catch up with something strolling down the road right ahead of us. Hard to tell in the dim light, but then we get closer and discover it's a chicken. I don't know what sort of conclusions you draw from that, but me and Baby G gave that chicken a wide berth.
panthercom Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Dreams do come true; this turned out far better than I could have hoped for: I present to you MuscleKids Tigersan's Diesel Battle Hardened Body for UNP. There are less extreme textures that might suit other's tastes also available; personally, this is exactly what I wanted... she finally looks like the fierce warrior girl that she is. Warning: muscles and a fair amount of skin, but no explicit content.
panthercom Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Like my Granpappy used to say "Don't mess with them chickens, boy... they'll eat you up." So, I know the probably isn't the place for it, but I wanted to share a little experience I just had. We're walking down the road SW of Karthwasten. You know, minding our own business, just me and Baby G, taking a moonlight stroll. When all of a sudden we come across a dead wolf in the middle of the road. Nothing else around, just dead wolf and blood. So we shrug and move on down the road. A couple of minutes later we start to catch up with something strolling down the road right ahead of us. Hard to tell in the dim light, but then we get closer and discover it's a chicken. I don't know what sort of conclusions you draw from that, but me and Baby G gave that chicken a wide berth.
ChipyChops Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Oh, another little issue while I'm thinkin about it. Not sure what mod is causing this, but I've got an issue with Breezehome. I've purchased it, including all the upgrades. When I bought the children's bedroom I did notice that instead of an actual price, it had [...] as a price. Go to Breezehome, no bedroom. I couldn't fuss with it at that moment, so I've come back to it later. Talked to Proventus again. [...] for child bedroom. Paid the money (took 250). Back to Breezehome. Just cobwebs in that alcove. Any ideas? I had this same problem, I don't think it has anything to do with SK. Try fast traveling out of whiterun, then fast travel back or resurrecting Proventus, then buying it again. Seemed to work for me. Proventus is gone to wherever guys on the losing side go when their cities are overrun. The new steward still offering child bedroom for [...] gold. Could Ashen Followers be interfering somehow? I'd change the load order of that (it loads last) but if I do then Baby G's (Gareth likes it when I call him Baby G) hair gets all funky. He's very particular about his hair. Edit - Just an update. I've just purchased Hjerim in Windhelm. Same thing. Child's bedroom offered for [...] (bastage got 1250 from me this time) but nothing there when I arrive at the house to check it out. I was getting this kind of stuff happening a while back, before I added SK. My problem was I had a lot of mods that I didn't really use, after a clean install of the game and having a small mod list I haven't had any issues. The other thing it could be is a combination of mods, that when combined give you these issues. Another reason for my clean install was because of all these armor mods that effect Belathor's chest, individually not a problem, but together, whenever I sold him stuff from my inventory he would never get rid of them, so his sell list would get huge and in the end, crash my game. So now when I download an armor mod, launch that great little tool Tes5Edit and delete anything that has nothing to-do with the armor and its creation.
User13 Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Thanks, Chipy. I should really download Tes5Edit and learn to use that thing. People keep talkin about it, but as always, I'm afraid I'll mess around and destroy the interwebs, ruining it for everyone.
ChipyChops Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 I did that a few times when I started using it, until my slow brain came up with the smart idea of saving copies of the plugins before I altered them.
waspdeath Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Dreams do come true; this turned out far better than I could have hoped for: I present to you MuscleKids Tigersan's Diesel Battle Hardened Body for UNP. There are less extreme textures that might suit other's tastes also available; personally, this is exactly what I wanted... she finally looks like the fierce warrior girl that she is. Warning: muscles and a fair amount of skin, but no explicit content. lol, wtf is that monstrosity
kyods Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 lol, wtf is that monstrosity Ever heard about constructive criticism? If you have any idea how to improve on what he did, do it and show us your work. If you have an idea, but don't know how to do it, say it politely. If all you can afford is being rude to a person who actually makes and shares something with others, shut your mouth and stop being a child.
Minski Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 I've just started a new char using the SK Monli race. She is cute as a button and everything seems to work perfectly. Thanks for an excellent mod!
b00marrows Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 Hmm, I cant seem to use tail's or wing's with the child races. if there a specific "race type" I need to choose in the creation-kit?
en_hawk Posted January 31, 2014 Author Posted January 31, 2014 Hmm, I cant seem to use tail's or wing's with the child races. if there a specific "race type" I need to choose in the creation-kit?I'll need more information to help, what mod are you using for instance?
b00marrows Posted January 31, 2014 Posted January 31, 2014 I'll need more information to help, what mod are you using for instance? its this mod Here by default the mod dose not work with custom races. to enable it i normally only have to enable the "default race" on the items "aditional races" box in the creation kit. but for some reason this dose not work with skykids.
JerWA Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 That mod overwrites skeletons. SK skeletons are not the defaults, and replacing them will essentially undo all of the scaling in the mod. Not a mod I'd call compatible.
b00marrows Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 That mod overwrites skeletons. SK skeletons are not the defaults, and replacing them will essentially undo all of the scaling in the mod. Not a mod I'd call compatible. I installed in manually without the skeleton and i know that works because it works on default races.
en_hawk Posted February 1, 2014 Author Posted February 1, 2014 That mod overwrites skeletons. SK skeletons are not the defaults, and replacing them will essentially undo all of the scaling in the mod. Not a mod I'd call compatible.I installed in manually without the skeleton and i know that works because it works on default races. SK does not care about the 'default race' entry, and its skeletons already support the tail bones on non-beast races. Anyway, I just tested it myself and it works correctly; did you remember to run the armor patcher after installing it?
panthercom Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 Thanks for the kind words; I expected some people would freak out over the sight of a kid who looks like she is actually capable of slaying a dragon I'm really impressed with how flexible Skykids is; the fact I could mod my character like that and actually be happy with the results speaks volumes for the thought the mod developers expended making Skykids. I am one happy dude lol, wtf is that monstrosity Ever heard about constructive criticism? If you have any idea how to improve on what he did, do it and show us your work. If you have an idea, but don't know how to do it, say it politely. If all you can afford is being rude to a person who actually makes and shares something with others, shut your mouth and stop being a child.
b00marrows Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 That mod overwrites skeletons. SK skeletons are not the defaults, and replacing them will essentially undo all of the scaling in the mod. Not a mod I'd call compatible.I installed in manually without the skeleton and i know that works because it works on default races. SK does not care about the 'default race' entry, and its skeletons already support the tail bones on non-beast races. Anyway, I just tested it myself and it works correctly; did you remember to run the armor patcher after installing it? OF ALL THINGS! yes that made it work... i must have installed the tail a little after i ran the patcher, my bad. thanks for the help!
User13 Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 Having a bit of an issue myself. Everything was fine for quite awhile. I've been wearing a set of Orc armor for awhile now. Finally got my smithing skill high enough to craft some Ebony mail and ran into a clipping problem. First pic shows front where clipping is rather light, but as you can see from the second picture, things in the back are very bad Any suggestions? I checked under 'showracemenu' and my weight is set all the way left, so don't think that's the issue. Is it just the hair? I never had an issue with the orc armor. Btw, doesn't Baby G look cute in his shrouded armor? I killed the Dark Brotherhood and stole their clothes. I roll like that.
waspdeath Posted February 1, 2014 Posted February 1, 2014 lol, wtf is that monstrosity Ever heard about constructive criticism? If you have any idea how to improve on what he did, do it and show us your work. If you have an idea, but don't know how to do it, say it politely. If all you can afford is being rude to a person who actually makes and shares something with others, shut your mouth and stop being a child. you know it was just a light-hearted, rhetorical poke, right? i wasn't actually criticizing it nor do i think it's poor quality, by any means. that's kinda why i left out a question mark and put a smiley, not meant to be taken serious! Thanks for the kind words; I expected some people would freak out over the sight of a kid who looks like she is actually capable of slaying a dragon I'm really impressed with how flexible Skykids is; the fact I could mod my character like that and actually be happy with the results speaks volumes for the thought the mod developers expended making Skykids. I am one happy dude lol, wtf is that monstrosity Ever heard about constructive criticism? If you have any idea how to improve on what he did, do it and show us your work. If you have an idea, but don't know how to do it, say it politely. If all you can afford is being rude to a person who actually makes and shares something with others, shut your mouth and stop being a child. haha, not bad work! that texture is so vascular, she's been lifting weights from birth, lol.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now